• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Halloween C-Gear Skin Goes Live

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
With Halloween fast approaching, a new spooky C-Gear skin for the latest Pokémon games, Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 has been released in order to help fans get into the mood. The C-Gear skin won't work for copies of Pokémon Black and Pokémon White in the same way that C-Gear skins released for Black & White aren't compatible with the new games.

halloweencgear.png

The C-Gear skin is live internationally until the 15th of November and unlike most C-Gear skin events you won't need a password to unlock it.

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Whee. With so few C-Gear skins currently available to international copies of B2W2, I'm glad that we're getting this one as well. It's really quite cute. :3

Also, for anyone who bothers with the C-Gear downloads and Dream World dolls, here's a rundown of what's currently available outside of Japan:

Keldeo C-Gear Skins:
Black & White - KELDEOCGEARBW
Black 2 & White 2 - KELDEOCGEARBW2

Dream World Dolls:
Black Kyurem/White Kyurem/Meloetta - CATDFYH
Pikachu - RAPDRA
Reshiram/Zekrom/Keldeo - GTDNYH (Ends today!)

The rest I'll just lump together as they all end today:
Porygon 2 Doll - No password?
Porygon Z C-Gear skin (B/W) - PORYZCGEAR2012
Klink C-Gear skin (B/W) - KLINKCGEAR2012
Hidden Ability Porygon (B/W) - IGNPORYGON in North America, PORYEUROGAMERNET in Europe

I'm a bit lost when it comes to all of these PGL things and I'm not sure if these distributions are still available in both North America and Europe. I'm just going off the promotions page on my personal PGL account. Feel free to correct me if any of this info is incorrect! :x

How time flies--just months ago we were going nuts over the tiniest photo, and now we are getting skins for our games. I do like the skin itself, too, as it has a very cute design that incorporates various Halloween trappings while incorporating new and old Pokemon.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Redman said:
How do you get the skins

Through the Pokemon Global Link (PGL) and Game Sync on your Pokemon games.

That being said, if you haven't already done so you'll first need to create a Pokémon Trainer Club account on Pokemon.com. You'll then use that same account info on the PGL to login, and from there you can register your Gen 5 Pokemon games to your PGL account. Using Game Sync on your games for the first time gives you a registration code to enter onto the PGL. Once your games are synced to your PGL account you can take part in the PGL's various promotions (such as unlocking the C-Gear skins), use the Dream World, and so on.