• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hall of Eggery

Ha, glad I could help! I glad to see people active on GPX again.

May as well give an update. My shiny hunts are going about as well as they were the last time I updated >> However with the Persistent Achievement, I'm more eager than ever to finish my Vulpix Shiny hunt because I believe I'm going to hit 500 failed Vulpixes soon.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I totally predict you'll hatch a shiny Vulpix on your 499th egg, because shiny hunts are just that evil :V

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I... I finally found a Ditto egg. I was sure someone would grab it out of the lab before I clicked, but they didn't. :'D

I have another question, tho. How come the amount of Pokemon I'm free to grab from the shelter keeps increasing? It was at 1 earlier, but now it's at 3.

Is it because of my high interactions count for today, or this Aurora weather effect? =o

Yeah, it's because of the aurora weather. Anytime interactions are multiplied, your shelter grabs and usually the number of daycare eggs will be too in order to compensate for people hatching more eggs. There's also a sale on aurora days if you want to take advantage of it.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Lady Carmen said:
There's also a sale on aurora days if you want to take advantage of it.

Already took advantage of it. Bought my first Shelter Pass and finally got my Amulet Coin. Today has been a good day for me in GPX land. ^^

And thanks again for the info, Carmen. :)

Silver Magpie said:
I totally predict you'll hatch a shiny Vulpix on your 499th egg, because shiny hunts are just that evil :V

DARN IT, MAGPIE!

It wasn't the 499th egg...it was the 448th egg. Yes, I finally completed my Vulpix Shiny hunt and on my mom's birthday no less xD Oh well, I'll try to hit 500 fails with my shiny Hoppip hunt xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
W00t! Congrats, Carmen! But that's such a troll... XD

As for me, I just used my Adamant Orb and Enigma Stone... and of all things, my Enigma stone gave me a second Dialga! And I have no corruption stone to make use of the duplicate egg. '-'

I feel cheated. XD

But, beyond that, my egg dex is coming along swimmingly. In a matter of days I've almost hatched every egg, minus novelty Pokemon and legendaries. :) (It makes the shelter quite boring to look at :p)

Wow, that really is a troll, Katie xD

I actually need a Dialga egg because I corrupted the first one I got...and now I don't have the dex entry for regular Dialga lol.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Lady Carmen said:
Welcome to the thread! I'd add you to the front page, but well, I'm not a mod xD. I'll add you to my palpad if you're going to be active.

Speaking of that front page...

Who still actively plays this, and who doesn't? I know on my actual GPX+ PalPad many of the members I'd added were long dead, so it's probably somewhat the same here too, eh? I can update the front page with new members and remove dead people, or Rex can. I'd just like to add more active players to my Pal Pad because mass clicking is so easy now. :)

Also, I'm happy to finally have a solid team to use against all of the Battle Tower NPCs. The only times I lose now are when I make stupid errors or critical hits catch me off guard. I love smashing through those battles for quick points, especially that ??? person for the free nuggets. :D

Here be my current Battle Tower team:
Icon_062.gif
Icon_208.gif
Icon_254.gif
Icon_474.gif
Icon_445.gif
Icon_555.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Pfft. There was a cool glitch that gave a lot of Exp. if you activate your Mobile Walker. But they fixed it D:
And my Snivy hunt is all fucked up. I've bred 5 shinies already! Grr. The fact that Pokii has got one of them doesn't make me feel better. (And as you can guess, I'm still active ^^)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
PokeGirlPraure said:
Pfft. There was a cool glitch that gave a lot of Exp. if you activate your Mobile Walker. But they fixed it D:

I was wondering why it wasn't working like that anymore! And I hadn't even known it was a glitch. I thought it was the connection to my iPod Touch acting strange. XD

Ah well. It was good while it lasted. ;D

Aww, sorry to hear that Praure D: That's why I never breed stuff I'm hunting for myself. But don't give up because a Shiny Snivy is definitely out there.

Also, this might be a shameless plug, but I don't care. I need one more person to add me to their Pal Pad and I can get the social network achievement...so if you haven't already added me, can you please? :o

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Lady Carmen said:
Aww, sorry to hear that Praure D: That's why I never breed stuff I'm hunting for myself. But don't give up because a Shiny Snivy is definitely out there.

I'm confused. Why exactly would it be a bad idea to breed the stuff you're hunting for? I'd think that would be a good idea because you could quickly claim the eggs from your Day Care. =o

Or did you simply mean it's discouraging breeding stuff, donating it to the shelter, and discovering later that someone else hatched a shiny from your eggs...?

P.S. - Too bad that I've already added you. XD

The latter reason lol. There's nothing more frustrating on GPX than shiny hunting something for ages only to see that you bred a shiny of that specific Pokemon for someone else. I guess some people wouldn't mind, but I only breed for myself when the Pokemon I'm hunting is rare in the shelter.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Lady Carmen said:
Silver Magpie said:

DARN IT, MAGPIE!

It wasn't the 499th egg...it was the 448th egg.

XDDDDDDDD

Oh well, congrats on finally getting your hands on your Shiny Vulpix ♥

Against all better judgement, I've started a Shiny Hunt for Electrike, and embarked on the May Exploration. I doubt I'll finish it before the end of May, but hey, why not try? XD

B

burp23

I'm active for the time being... I start college in July, so I won't have any time for anything outside of my schoolwork...
(Military college :/ )

I know Data stopped once (s)he(Idr) got PorygonZ XD

Shiny hunts are pesky little things... I'm focusing on achievements/completing my 'dex for now, although because I have exams coming up I'm not too active, but I hopefully will be in a couple of weeks' time.
So, congrats to everyone who has a shiny, good luck to people hunting for a shiny and welcome burp23. Oh, I like the new clickback thing they are doing, it gives me more motivation to click(back).When I become (more) active I will definitely click lots of people!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
jertyuiop said:
Oh, I like the new clickback thing they are doing, it gives me more motivation to click(back).When I become (more) active I will definitely click lots of people!

Agreed. It's a nice incentive for anyone who puts the time in clicking back verses only focusing on brand new clicks. :)

Also, since I don't really have much else to be collecting from the shelter right now, I've started a shiny hunt for Charmander. I'm not that far into it yet, but I should be able to get some good progress going on the next multiplier day. So, wish me luck? XD

Good luck, Katie ^^

And because I'm such a glutton for punishment, I'm going to be starting a shiny Beldum hunt...

[me=Lady Carmen]is a masochist it seems. [/me]

Unfortunately since Beldum are rather rare in the shelter, it means I'll have to breed them myself. I'll have to prepare myself for the possibility of breeding one for someone else xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Once again, Katie has a question! =O (GPX makes me feel like a n00by n00b)

Okay, so everyone around the site kept recommending Chrome as browser of choice for GPX because it's so fast and stuff. This I agree with, but for some stupid reason it'll only let me open 25 new tabs at a time even though I've told the website to open 50 or 100. What's even more annoying is that it'll LOOK like I've interacted with tons of Pokemon (they'll be faded out) but in reality I haven't actually clicked them at all. I've never had any issues with this on Firefox, but Chrome is making mass clicking tedious again.

Is there a setting within Chrome or on GPX itself to allow me to open 25+ tabs again? If not I'll be ditching it and returning to Firefox.

But moving on... I guess I have one other question, much more site-related.

How exactly does the Dowsing Machine work? I've never understood what they meant by it only working for "one day" when it's an account upgrade item that's limited to 1 per person. Can you purchase new batteries for it once it runs out, or is it just a paperweight taking up space in your inventory...? Help is appreciated. XD

....Wow, just wow. Absolutely did NOT know that about Chrome re: fading out stuff you haven't actually clicked. As far as I know, I don't think there is an option to open more that 25 tabs. But now that you've brought it up, I may switch back to Firefox as my browser of choice. Gotta love how GPX determines what browser I use xD

As for your second question, as far as I know, the Dowsing App actually disappears when a day has passed. I got one as a prize for an achievement, but I have yet to use it.

I had an ironic failure on Sunday xD

So I tried to use my Enigma Stone from when I completed the So I herd achievement. I also tried one of the Pass Power things that let you search for your summon for ten minutes instead of the usual five, but I think I did something wrong. Either way I missed my summon and so I could now unlock the Consolation Prize achievement...and I got another Enigma Stone from it xD