• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hall of Eggery

I have hatched a load of Pokemon, how do you battle and get acheivments? I don't know. On the brighter side...

[glow=red,2,300]I GOT A HOPPIP EGG!![/glow] ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, good news for me, I got two of my Pokemon to level one-hundred, and got that achievement!

I'm currently working on getting my Vs. Seeker, or some other account upgrade, getting a shiny, and figuring out how to summon a Pokemon >:0

On the otehr side, I was trying to be able to do an exploration or whatever they're called, but now I might not since Magpie and Carmen said that they aren't that great.

If you think that Celebi or Jirachi is worth the trouble, I say go for it, but I have to warn you that it's pretty tedious--especially if you don't spend every day on the site. The whole time you're doing the Exploration, you're limited to five Pokemon. I'm still not done, but this is what I've had to do so far for the Celebi event:

Find a Corruption Orb (this step is really easy)
Click 1200 (I think) Pokemon (that's a little annoying)
Click 2000 Pokemon (that's a little more annoying)
Find a Murkrow (easy enough--but you can't use a Murkrow you already have. Not to mention it's locked into your party so you're limited to four Pokemon now)
Get yourself a Honckrow and then level it to 100 (THAT'S really annoying and the step I'm currently on)

Afterward, you apparently get a Paralyzed Celebi that people have to feed Cheri Berries to. Magpie said that step was annoying because people don't feed it the right berry. All and all, I still say that the Explorations are annoying, but they're likely going to be the only way to get certain legendaries, so we'll have to deal with them if we want them.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I've just completed the exploration :V

Goodness me, it really wasn't worth it from my point of view. I only did it for fun (since I already had the two legedaries on offer). Maybe if it's for something I haven't got I'll consider doing one in future, but certainly not 'just for fun' again.

After 160 people feed Celebi the correct berry, you have to get 2500 interactions (thankfully not all in the same day) and then you need to have 4 Miracle Seeds in your inventory for the final task. That one was easy though, as there were plenty in the back room.

Hopefully future explorations won't be so geared towards mass clickers. We'll see I guess~

I forgot to mention, I got a Dracowymsy egg! Epic score from depositing my Hippowdon and Lickylicky and searching for new eggs in the shelter. Also my Keckleon hatched and I named it Jeydis =3.

Hey, I just evolved my Shroomish, Riolu and Castform, and got TWO WINTER VULPIXES!! I have got a few Achievments and my Wynaut evolved, too! Happy days, happy days! :D

I got a few more Pokes to level 100, Meganium and Espeon!

I bought my Vs. Seeker, not what I was expecting :p
So far it was a waste of 4,000 points.

I also started an unofficial shiny hunt! Suprisingly, all the eggs are from the same person. Weird...
After I hatch a male and a female, I'm going to mass breed them.

I also picked up some new eggs three are Munchlaxes, and a Caterpie.

My Mudkip hatched today, but it doesn't want to breed with Croco! Hmph...

So, that's most of what happened today.

kedpeanut said:
I got a few more Pokes to level 100, Meganium and Espeon!

I bought my Vs. Seeker, not what I was expecting :p
So far it was a waste of 4,000 points.

I also started an unofficial shiny hunt! Suprisingly, all the eggs are from the same person. Weird...
After I hatch a male and a female, I'm going to mass breed them.

I also picked up some new eggs three are Munchlaxes, and a Caterpie.

My Mudkip hatched today, but it doesn't want to breed with Croco! Hmph...

So, that's most of what happened today.

When about to use the VS.Seeker, you can choose an option called training, where you don't payand your Pokemon gains a bit of experience, but you don't get any prize money for winning. Also, my beloved Miltank lost to a level 3 Geodude. Meh. On the bright side, I found an Easter Buneary egg in the shelter! Yay!

I know, Louie. I just don't know how to use it >_<

My unofficialshiny hunt is going well. Hopefully, one of those three eggs is a shiny!

Rex

Resident Furry
You've been added ToadDude.

What is there too report... General failures, of course. None of my Shiny Hunts have provided any results. I've gotten several achievements since the last update, though I don't remember which... I've focused everything on these hunts, so I haven't really gotten much in terms of Novelties.

I do remember snagging a Bidofo, and my Trio Collector Achievement along with it.

I got some Zergoose eggs from the shelter :D
I don't know what I'll do with them, but I have 'em~

I puy Laidee in my Vs. Seeker. She's in the Training thingy.

Minun hatched, ad is now in daycare with Pichu.
They don't like eachother very much...

Also, I found out I can Corrupt the Dialga Egg. So, I'm running a Poll to see what people think.Send me a PM (On GPX+) saying Yes or No, telling you what I think.

My Easter Buneary hatched, and now I am trying to evolve her! (You evolve Easter Bunearys' by happiness.) I got a slime Slugma egg, but I released it with my Heart scale. I needed team space, OK? And my Sunny Castfrom is at level 45! Who dares challenge me?! I got two Bidoof eggs because I thought that they would have been Bidofo eggs, but they were normal Bidoofs. I wonder what two Pokemon I will be releasing tomorrow...?

Trying to heal that stupid paralyzed Celebi now. If there's a time limit to finish Explorations, I'm having serious doubts about whether I can do it. Magpie's right: people really don't feed the thing the right berry. Ten people have interacted with it and only five have counted <<

I just found a Cresselia egg laying around all alone in the shelter ♥

My Muchlax 'shiny hunt' is going pretty good^^
I've been finding alot of eggs in the shelter, and already hatched three of 'em! I'm also using my Munchlaxes for the 'Selective Hoarder' achievement, so I'm doing good with that too~

Right now I'm saving up for a Shiny Recorder, so my Much-hunt will be official^^
So far I have 3,893 points~

That's about all that hapened within the last ten minutes on GPX for me, so yeah :/

I found a Bidofo egg and a summer Swinub egg! Here are some tips to help with finding Bidofos:

Step 1: Hatch a normal Bidoof egg.
Step 2: In the shelter, when you put your mouse on a bidoof egg, it will say Bidoof Egg.
Step 3: Keep going in and out the shelter, putting your mouse over all the Bidoof eggs.
Step 4: When one egg says 'Mystery egg' but looks the same as the Bidoof egg, take it!

Llama llama llama.

Louie Forest said:
Hey, do you guys know how to do normal explorations? I can only find special ones. Meh. :(

Special explorations are the only type of explorations, I think. Hopefully I'll be able to do the special Halloween one! Maybe we'll get a Halloween event pokemon, oh, I just remembered the one used for last year's Halloween was Remorage... Oh well, even if it is a Remorage as a prize at least it's a novelty.

I just need my Summer Swinub or Bidofo egg to hatch and then I will get an achievement! On another note, they ave switched the berries with sweets, which is really confusing. The sweet looking berry is the bitter! Meeeeehh. :(

Louie Forest said:
On another note, they ave switched the berries with sweets, which is really confusing. The sweet looking berry is the bitter! Meeeeehh. :(

If you have the order fixed it is easy because they are in the same position: sour, spicy, dry, sweet, bitter. Also, the exploration is annoying. I can't find a dark type in the safari zone! I picked up a cacnea, but I was supposed to pick up a cacturne! X__X

Apparently, I snagged a Winter Vulpix egg from the shelter when I didn't even know it. All I did was grab it because I couldn't immediately guess what Pokemon it was.

I don't go on GPX much nowadays, but I just went on and noticed that I have bred yet ANOTHER shiny Pokemon for somebody who is not me.

So now, in addition to the shiny Spinda and Politoed, someone can thank me for the shiny Squirtle I bred. :\

I think I'll start back up again when they add the fifth gen Pokemon. I want to hatch a Rigray :)

I bred some more eggs, I actuallly bred more than 20 but some of them were released :(

I bought a Shine Recoder when there was a sale at the shop. So now, my shiny Munchlax hunt is now official!

I also got a Pokii egg, and alot more Munchlax eggs.

I was just clicking some people, but when I got back to my party I found a little silver treasure chest on the floor! It had a Green Orb in it! I can get a Rayquaza now! (If I'm successful in summoning it)
Also, I'm doing an exploration (normal, not special) and I have to level up two onixes to level 35. They are now level 5 and 4, so hopefully I will be able to level them up 30/31 times before the exploration is cancelled!

Since no one has posted on it...

I gotta say that I absolutely love the mobile version of GPX. Right now it's only available for the iPhone and Android based devices. The Mobile walker is a really easy way for me to level up Pokemon because I travel a lot AND it lets you stick multiple Pokemon/eggs in it. The mobile version is also really fast--so fast in fact, that I may be doing the majority of my clicking on it in the future.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Right so, some Gen V Pokemon are now available.

Obviously I really want Aaken, and while I've not seen his egg so far, I have seen the Turtle's, so I'm hopeful :D

Pity that you can't see what the egg is until you've picked it, because this certainly would not have happened if you could:

be92ec2ca71eb5a9dae384b75dd3892f.png

I picked it and was like.... 'Ooooo, you look interesting, I wonder who you....OMG... IT'S THE EYEBROW!!!!!'

I hate those things! :V

Yaaaay Gen V Pokemon! I'm probably gonna be a bit more active now that I can get these :D

I just went on to try to get some cool fifth Generation Pokemon, but the pictures were all messed up and weren't showing up. So I grabbed an egg at random from the Dream World and it was a Koromori~! Now I'm all excited to hatch him since I loooooooooove Koromori ♥

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I just revived my 15 month dead GPX account earlier and have thus far grabbed nine or ten Gen V eggs. :3 It's been jolly good fun, and with a computer that can actually run and the new feature that pops up a whole bunch of tabs for easy clicking I'm really enjoying the whole process now. :3

My username is RedRising24 if anybody cares to add me.

See what Red said for Tangrow here too ♥

My account name is Tangrelle, and I am wishing to rid myself of a few of the Gen Vmons I have picked up, heeheehee >:D

I hatched five of my six Unovamon on the first day so I was excited! Chillarmy was my first Gen V Pokemon so I named her Unova for that honor. My bottom jaw hit the floor with my second hatching--a shiny Kurimiri! Sure it wasn't a shiny Vulpix or Hoppip but it's still cool. But BTW, is it me or do the Gen V have a higher chance of being shiny?

So I continued my shiny hunt and stuffs :3
No luck yet though...

Now that the mobile version is out, I can do so much stuff I couldn't do normally! I got like 11,000 points and lots of achievements from it. Plus, I just love the design and how simple it is to use!

So, my first trip to the Dream World went well. I got Koromori and I think the other one I got is that weird red kung-fu guy. Meh, he'll just go in my box when he hatches anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

I also bought some new things to dress up my Pokemon with, as you can see with my trusty Laidee.

When my Snubble returned from the underground he brought back with him an Adament Orb. Unfortunately, I couldn't find Dialga and got the Consolation Prize award. Again, I didn't find either of the Lati's.

So, yeahz. That pretty sums up how my GPX account is doing.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
It's nice to see some old faces again now that Gen V is upon us :'D

Hatched a female Snivy, so that's an awesome start to my 'team collecting', as my in game one will totally have to be female ♥

Shiny Munchlax hunt is just getting silly now :V

Rex

Resident Furry
How far in is Magpie with that? My Shiny Buizel hunt is nearing 250 Eggs...

Anyway, temporarily postponed the hunt to find a few of my Gen V mon. I've got some eggs that I think have three of my team, but we'll have to wait and see. All I can say is that they look promising...

I've also finished my first exploration, and gotten a Spiky-Eared Pichu and Achievement for it. Got the Anniversary achievement as well, as well as a few others I can't recall. Of course, I don't spend enough time on the site to be able to do any of the more interesting looking Explorations...

The Gen V Pokemon hunt it complete insanity o.o

Getting rare Pokemon is so difficult--I consider myself lucky to have Oshawott. I'm still continuing with my shiny Vulpix hunt, but it's on the back burner. I put my Vulpix egg into my Mobile walker so I don't use up space in my party. I'm now 226 failed Vulpix strong XD.

To help alleviate the demand for Oshawott eggs, I've begun to breed them ♥

*Blazi kicks a Level 100 Jeydis into a PC box to make way for a Unovamon

Now, to see what it is...

Kurimiru! Yay for caterpie of region. I also have teh turtle :3

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Pfff, my Munchlax hunt is almost at the 200 eggs hatched mark, so I guess I shouldn't complain XD

Hatched a good few Unova Pokemon, including all 3 starters. Still waiting for Aaken eggs to appear :V

I also entered the dress up competition. Not that I'll get very far, but since I've never entered one before I just thought 'why not?'. I'll be very shocked if it gets past the first round, since I didn't do anything special, but oh well~