• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Gym Leader Academy

James sprinted into the cafeteria. Nearly hitting someone with his trombone case, as he finally got into the cafe he saw a group of people with one having a Beldum out. After taking a second to calm down he soon walked over and said "hey I'm James I'm from Lilycove city in the Hoenn region."

Dolan heard someone mention Nacrene City, "Nacrene City... Nacrene City... what was so special about there... hmmm... oh! Lenora lives in Nacrene City! she has a really cool fossil museum! yeah... that's really cool." Said Dolan as he looked around and realized there were more people here than he thought. He was a little surprised to see them all ,but not entirely as he was sort of expecting people to be there as being a gym leader was such a great privilege. Dolan put his journal in his bag and looked at the various pokémon. Dolan's Sudowoodo, Duw looked around as he sat there kicking his legs back and forth with content

Dahlia giggled a bit after Brian apologized for being a bit dramatic. "It's fine," she replied with a smile, "That just shows how passionate you are about becoming a gym leader. I too get a bit carried away at times when I talk about my plans for when I become a gym leader and how I look up to Lenora." She then flinched a bit after being hit by the sunlight that was reflected by Beldum. "Wow, your Beldum sure has some shine to it," she said while shielding her eyes.

Dolan looked over at the beldom as the light shined off of its body almost like glass, "Oh its shiny alright!" Said Dolan. Luckily for him he wasn't in the direction it was shining towards. Dolan paused as he heard the girl mentioned Lenora, "Wow... you know Lenora too? That's pretty cool! Are you a fossil maniac too or just a fan of her work?... sorry where are my manners. I'm Dolan!" Dolan said as he grinned with the thought of another fossil maniac at the campus.

The sudden appearance of another boy, caught Dahlia by surprise a bit. "H-Hi, I'm Dahlia," she replied to Dolan after turning to him, "Yes, I do know Lenora, and no, I'm not a fossil maniac. I just simply look up to her because of how amazing of a gym leader she was before she stepped down from being one. But I did a fossil Pokémon of my own from her." She then gestured towards her Lileep, who was looking around the cafeteria.

"A lileep huh? Very interesting! Nice to meet you Dahlia ,and nice to meet you too lileep!(Sudo sudo!" Said sudowoodo)... Yeah. I hear ya... She did? I had no idea... Anyways... I wonder what sort of plans the instructors have for today" Said Dolan. Although she wasn't a fossil maniac he was still pretty happy to meet her. He enjoyed seeing a lileep in person as he rarely saw them.

Brian smiled as Beldum realized it's mistake and moved to the side a little bit so the light didn't shine as much. "Yeah, sorry about that, Beldum here is shiny in more ways than one, aren't you?" He asked his Beldum who hummed happily. "As for Lenora, I've been to the Museum and saw her, she's a very nice lady." He said before he turned to the newcomer. "Greetings, my name's Brian, future Psychic type Gym Leader." Brian concluded while the last part of his sentence had the tone of a quip.

Dolan looked over and noticed the Beldum's trainer who was talking with a newcomer, "A psychic gym leader huh? Interesting... " Dolan said. Duw looked over at the sableye then at the beldom as he was confused as to how it was floating off the ground.

Dolan's question about the instructors plans made Dahlia turn to the cafeteria's clock and realize that class was nearly about to start. "Well, I gotta get going," she said as she put her notebook and the Pokémon's bowls in her backpack, "Class is about to start soon and I don't want to be late." After putting her stuff away, she returned Snivy, Bounsweet, Bellossom, and Lileep back into their Poké Balls. "It's been nice meeting you guys. I guess I'll see you all later, or maybe even in class," she said to the small group with a small smile and rushed out of the cafeteria. 'Wow, I didn't expect to be this popular on the first day,' she thought to herself jokingly as she made her way to class.

"yeah... It's about time. good luck in class... come on Duw, we got things to do." Said Dolan as he smirked as his sudowoodo. The two began heading out of the cafeteria. Luckily for Dolan the only pokémon outside of its pokéball was Duw and Dolan was perfectly fine keeping him out. They headed outside through the courtyard and made their way into the main hallway and up the stairs to their first class for the day. Dolan sat in the front row as he enjoyed sitting in the front row due to its convenience to the exit as well as the closeness to the blackboard allowing him to better read what the teacher writes. Since class hadn't started yet he pulled out his journal filled with paleontology notes he began looking through the pages as he waited for the other students as well as class to start. Duw stood beside Dolan looking over his book as he enjoyed looking at the pages despite not being able to read it.

After getting said high to James looked at a clock and then had to go to his first class. Stumbling through the halls he soon found his class room as he slid in he soon saw a small class room with different kind of dirt all around and what seemed to be a krookodile on the floor sleeping.