• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Guilty Pleasures (and stuff that's so bad, it's good~)

It sucks. And worst yet, you know it sucks...but you still love it XD

So do you know of something that you realize is terrible, but you love it anyway? It can be movies, TV shows, anything. Feel free to post links if you can show it better than you can tell it.

I'll be the first to admit that the dub for Sailor Moon sucks pretty bad, but it still has a place in my heart because it's the first anime I've ever watched. To this day if I had a choice between the English and the Japanese, I'd pick the English (unless I'm watching stuff that was cut from it).

Here are some examples of the lulzy awfulness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZmMo_LB8ok

And then there's the show Jonas....which stars the Jonas Brothers. I'm very much aware that this show's level of cheesiness is over 9000 but yet that's the reason why I watch it. The sheer lulziness of it makes me laugh!

I actually thought about making this topic several times, but for some reason I could never word it correctly. I hope I worded it right this time...

Edit: I thought this title was more appropriate ♥

Re: It's so bad, it's actually good

Oh, Sonic 06 definately falls into that category for me. It has a lot of glitches, but those glitches make it soooo fun!

ANother example would be Kingdom Hearts. It's a Disney game, and as such it must teach moral lessons. It's cheesy, yet it is so addictive.

An actual thing though would be my puppy. He is a monster, and he loves to bite people (only a little bit, but those sharp teeth still hurt). But he is so adorable when he thinks he can take my sock away from me.

Dude! Kingdom Hearts don't have more moral lessons than pokemon. It's not a disney game, It's a square enix game, with partnership from disney. What really suck but I love..... Let me see... I would say super-hero animated cartoons. The first thing me and my cousin do when we hear that there's a new Batman/Spiderman/Superman cartoon on cartoonnetwork, is to say "Oh no! Another one!?". But one day or another, there's nothing better to do, than I watch it, and start to like it. With that said, Ciao.

The Super Mario Bros movie. It's awful. In almost every way. But I grew up watching it, I can't help but like it. I've watched it since I was probably five or six and I didn't realize that it sucked back then xD

Two more perfect examples would be the movie Surf Ninjas and Double Dragon. Both of them are pretty awful, but again, nostalgic reasons prevent me from disliking them.

There was that show, Reboot, used to be on CartoonNetwork, but I can't remember if it was actually bad or I just remember it being bad. All I know is that I used to watch it regularly, probably because it was on around the same time as DBZ was on. I couldn't recount the storyline for anyone because I still have no idea what it was xD

Crap, keep on remembering things. Then there's the movie Stay Alive, which is just awful, but it's so awful that I love to make fun of it. So that counts. And the show Super Milk Chan. I think it was bad on purpose, but I found it hilarious all the same. I watched awesome, random stuff growing up xP

.....I used to feel that way about pretty much everything. Anyone know the song Rock Lobster by B-52s? That's a darned good example, in my opinion. Crazed sounding song, on paper, it should not work ever, however when you actually hear it, it's a 7 minute epic about a lobster. How, HOW do they do it?

I used to feel that the awesome Truman Capote was so bad he was good.... for a very, very long time. I mean, c'mon, HE should not work on paper either, but he was one of the greatest writers of the last century. Then I sort of changed my mind, he's advanced to "so good, he's better than good". HE'S MY HERO. MY HEEEERRRROOO.

All of those reality shows like... hm I dunno... X Factor makes me laugh when there's a bad contestant, and not much else. I do like it though, because the whole idea's been done about fifty bajillion times before, yet people go all nuts about it when they see it..... why is it that people like that kind of show? I can get the awful people but when it actually becomes a bonafied competition, it loses all appeal it could ever have had!

OK. More... I should put a movie up there. For me there is only one "so bad it's good" movie: TOP GUN. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! XD

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Livin' La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin. See, I usually have quite good taste in music, but there are certain types of cheesy pop that do it for me. I fell in love with this song thanks to the original Dreamcast version of Samba de Amigo, and then more because of the bizarre Korean Dance Dance Revolution clone EZ2Dancer.

Also, the Eurovision Song Contest. Most of the entries are laughable and contain meaningless lyrics ("Ooh ah just a little bit, ooh ah a little bit more"), but there's something about it which means I tune in every year. It's like car crash television, only without anyone getting hurt.

Making constant references to anime/manga's that I know my chums will never get but I do it nonetheless :>
Does this count?

If not; I must confess- Yaoi. ♥♥
It....it's ...so bad... but.... ack! *dies*

It'sQuitePainful said:
Anyone know the song Rock Lobster by B-52s?

I second this. xD

Besides the aforementioned Rock Lobster bit, the biggest "guilty pleasure" is Lady GaGa music. The reason that this is so strange is because I have stuff like All That Remains, Avenged Sevenfold, Megadeth, and similar bands on my iPod, yet I have upwards of 10 Lady GaGa songs. It must be a disease, but not a bad one, mind you.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Blarg said:
It'sQuitePainful said:
Anyone know the song Rock Lobster by B-52s?

I second this. xD

Besides the aforementioned Rock Lobster bit, the biggest "guilty pleasure" is Lady GaGa music. The reason that this is so strange is because I have stuff like All That Remains, Avenged Sevenfold, Megadeth, and similar bands on my iPod, yet I have upwards of 10 Lady GaGa songs. It must be a disease, but not a bad one, mind you.
Sounds like you and Gaga are having...

-puts on sunglasses-

A Bad Romance.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-shot-