• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Guest Ghost Catastrophe? (Account issue)

So I came over to Pokecharms the other day, trying once again to work up the courage to post and talk to people. I noticed that I wasn't logged in, which was weird because I've set mine to stay logged in forever (and it's been logged in for a month or so). Still, my password and account name are saved so I just figured I'd log back in again.

Except I no longer exist, apparently.

There's no such person on Pokecharms as Leafe, no such person at all. The post I made in the TCM discussion with my sprites is still there, but it now says 'Guest' instead of 'Peasant'. I ended up having to make another account just to post this and find out what was wrong. And believe me, it took me a long time to finally ask. I was looking through the general discussion area and read pretty much everything else in the feedback thread before I finally decided to speak up.

I noticed an issue like this in the FAQ, but it was during sometime when there were server errors and all the accounts were lost. Given the evidence, I'd say that is *not* the case currently. If someone could help me out, it would be much appreciated.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Posts in the TCM forum don't count, so if you signed up about 1.5/2 months ago and only ever posted in that forum, then your account was one of the 0 post accounts purged the other day in order to clear out the database for an upcoming change in the forum software.

Only accounts that had 0 posts for a fair period of time were deleted, and yours just happened to be among those.

All righty then, that makes sense. Thank you so much for clearing it up. I'd been reasonably certain I couldn't have done anything to get banned. xD

I suppose I should go introduce myself and get some posts then.

Thanks again for the prompt reply.