• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Guess WHO is coming back tonight!

new-doctor-who-logo.jpg

This is the new doctor who logo, when the 11th doctor comes.

Anyway, as you've guessed, this topic is about Doctor Who coming back to our screens tomorrow ;D. I have some information from a Doctor Who magazine I subscribed to, and here it is. I have some spoilers (completely unrelated to the episode), but I put them in a quote box incase you don't want to see them.

The episode is called 'The Waters of Mars' and it is supposed to be really scary. Episodes like 'Blink' and 'The Empty Child' etc are rated a scare factor of 6/5. However, this episode is rated 10/5. As you can imagine it is going to be quite scary. *gulp*

A little taster

It's the year 2059 and the captain of Bowie Base 1 on Mars is not happy. Her name is Adelaide Brooks and she has discovered an uninvited guest, The Doctor. We all know that when he turns up there's danger.

It will be shown on Sunday the 15th November at 7:00 on BBC one. That's all the information I can give you, although there will be some information on the Doctor Who website. Enjoy! (The spoilers are in the quote box)

[quote author=SPOILERS!]Two people are coming back to the screen! I don't know when, but The Master is coming back. Also, Donna will be making another appearance, even though she's forgotten everything! That's the end of the spoilers, now, leaving us with many unanswered questions...[/quote]

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hahah... That's a good enough reason for me to keep this week's Charms OP meeting to today verses tomorrow XD

According to Data, a couple of more specials like this are set to air over the following months, eh?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Well, there's one special on Christmas Day and one on New Year's, IIRC. So I think Charms OP is fine.

Either way, definitely excited for the special - and definitely didn't read the spoiler box. :p

Speaking of specials, the Doctor's regeneration should be in about 4-5 weeks. The specials weren't exactly spread out, one being in April, the next being in November, but at least we don't have to wait that long for the next special (on Christmas).

I'm definitely excited for this special, though I dread what it is leading up to. David Tennant leaving as the Doctor is something I'm definitely not looking forward to.

Over the past few series with Tennant as the Doctor, I've grown quite fond of the way he plays the character. Although, I'm willing to give the new regeneration a chance.

Also, it's hard to imagine this episode being more frightening than Blink, one of my favorite episodes of all time (even with limited screen time for the Doctor) and the first time I saw it, it was just plain creepy. Can't wait to see how The Waters of Mars will top that, if it will top that.

I steered clear of the quote box too, I'm waiting to be surprised. This show has a tendency to do that. It'll be a great episode, and Tennant will be missed terribly when his time comes.

According to my friend, this episode will go under the list of 'When Doctor Who went too far'... *gulp*

If small children aren't hiding behind the sofa wailing in fear, it's not a Who episode. I am looking forward to this because I like David Tennant and a good scare (Blink scared the ever-loving crap out of me. Bloody quantum assassins).

Lots of you are saying that you aren't looking at the spoilers:

definitely didn't read the spoiler box. :p
[quote author=Chadwyck link=topic=6950.msg123497#msg123497 date=1258225102]
I steered clear of the quote box
[/quote]

However, I just realised that I forgot to put that the spoilers aren't anything to do with this episode. Even if you still don't want to read it, I'm only saying it incase you thought it was, not to convince you to read it. Just wanted to let everyone know.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Even so, I don't want to spoil any surprises. :p

Either way, 40 minutes 'til Who Time, Brits! I'm getting excited!

My grandparents are coming tonight and my brother is out, so I recorded it. However, my mum says it's opk for me to watch it live if I want to. Anyway, can't wait ;D I'm bursting with excitement!

That was an awesome episode. Not going to spoil anything for you guys; I'll leave you to enjoy it yourself, those of you who are taping the episode. Just one thing.

Gadget Gadget.

I saw it. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but my spoilers werein the 'next time' bit, so they're not really spoilers anymore... ¬__¬