• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Guardians

Join here : https://pokecharms.com/threads/guardians-sign-ups-discussions.16718/
~​
In the small island of Cryundra, a terrible sport has caused Pokemon to become endangered. This sport is Pokemon knighting, where you set your Pokemon against the other's like battles. However, unlike battling, it's either you live or die. There is no surviving if you lose. However the few Pokemon remaining will stop this tragedy and stop evil King Lysander from causing Pokemon to become extinct.
~
It was a quiet and peaceful day, but nothing was in sight, except for a large towering castle that had vines growing all over it. A rather large Houndoom was sitting in some grass, watching and waiting. He remembered his former trainer, a small stout man with a rather bushy beard, and how he had set him to fight.

"Come on Callis! You want to do this for old Grum, don't you? Come on - it's only a Wartortle," said his trainer. Despite being old and friendly-looking, he was arrogant, abusive and regularly set Pokemon to fight, often losing. Callis didn't know this. He stared at the Wartortle and began to start building up a Flamethrower, but he was too late. The Wartortle used Water Gun, then Waterfall on the Houndoom. Callis was hurt, and he pretended to be dead. Foolishly, the Wartortle walked over to Callis, cheering in triumph. Callis seized his opportunity and used Inferno, burning his opponent to a crisp.

When Callis returned to his trainer, he did not congratulate him or tend to his wounds. He just said that Callis had earned him a lot of money. Callis then realized his trainer did not care about him in the slightest.
That very same day, Callis ran off, into the small field he was in.

Callis shuddered and returned back to reality. He fumbled around with his loot, a pair of headphones, which he had found lying next to a Pokemon's corpse.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, hiding in the grass a combusken hid, patiently. Kenny had been observing this houndoom for a while that day, and had come to the conclusion that he was trustworthy. In the past Kenny had tried to join forces with other pokemon to end this terrible sport, but always failed. Over the years, all of his friends died because of this. This time, though, he was sure he would succeed. This houndoom seemed quite powerful, and judging by how he reacted earlier, he could tell he would help him in a heartbeat.

Callis had heard a faint rustling in the grass. Could it possibly be a Pokemon? No, it couldn't be. Pokemon were becoming rarer and rarer each second. He plopped the pair of headphones around his neck and stood up.
"If anyone is here, do not be afraid. I am not an enemy," he had barked, not intending for his voice to sound harsh and raspy. Perhaps it was the shortage of water, or the lack of food. The small kingdom of Criolord was facing a terrible fate and he was determined to get revenge on his owner and King Lysander, too.
"Please do not be frightened," he called out once more.

Kenny was now assured that this houndoom was no enemy. He stood up from the grass. "Hello," he said weakly, walking closer so he could be heard. "My name is Kenny. I saw what happened with your trainer. Are you alright?"

"I am Callis Nix, or Callis as most people used to know me," he said, coughing. The battle he had recently had weakened him. "I am fine, I think." He walked over to the Combusken known as Kenny, looming over him like a giant. "I might be a little too tall for you," he said, slightly laughing. This was the first time he had laughed in a long time and it hurt his jaw. He stepped back, making sure he hadn't lost his loot.

Last edited:
Clair was making her way around, crying her little eyes out. She had just witnessed something horrible and traumatizing. The scene replayed in her head over and over and over again.

Clair was standing behind her trainer, who was being confronted by another trainer. The trainer threw out a Charmeleon. "Stop being a panzy. Pokemon are meant to battle and the weak should be purge. That includes your pathetic Skitty," yelled the trainer. He made his way to Clair's trainer and shoved her to the ground. This made Clair upset and almost instinctively, slapped the trainer in the face with her tail. The trainer reeled back and the Charmeleon grabbed Clair by her neck. "Let her go! She isn't meant to battle! It's not right to put other Pokemons' lives on the line like this. It's not fair!" Clair's trainer cried and pleaded for them to let Clair go but they refused. The Charmeleon opened his mouth, fireball read to cook Clair. "NOOOO!" Clair's trainer picked up a rock and launched at the Charmeleon's eye, causing him to drop Clair. This angered the Charmeleon's trainer. "So you want to interfere huh? Charmeleon use Fire Blast! I don't care who you hit!" Charmeleon charged up his attack as Clair's trainer ran to help her. "Stop this! Please," she plead to the two. But they didn't listen. The Charmeleon kept charging. Clair and her trainer cried and cried, until the Charmeleon finally launched the blast. Just before the blast hit them both, Clair's trainer threw her out of the way. What she witnessed afterwards will be burned into her brain (no pun intended) for a long time.

The thoughts caused Clair to break out into a fit of tears. In a world filled with such evil, the thought of losing the only thing she could rely on and be loved by broke her. This continued on until she came across the two fire pokemon. She hid in the nearest spot, trying to be avoided, what with the recent events edged into her memory.

Callis cleared his throat and said, "Of course. We can make make-shift bandages from moss or seaweed for them, since there is a river here, in the forest." He pointed to sall forest not too long from where he was and prepared to run. He staggered a bit and seemed to fade out of reality, only awaken by the small sob he heard. He turned around, looking for the source of the crying.

Fearing her position had been compromised, Clair started to panic. She attempted to sneak away but due to her clumsiness, she tripped before she even makes a couple of steps. Clair wasn't a fighter and had never battled before in her life so the thought of a Houndoom and Combusken getting a hold of her started to cause her to panic because she'd have no way of defending herself. Clair scrambled to get up but struggled which, in turn, caused her to make even more noise.

Clair stared up at the Houndoom, fear smothered all over her face. "P-p-please... Don't hurt me..." Clair pleaded as she frantically scooted away. "I know what do! You kill for fun! It's just a sport to you. You... You don't care about what you're doing... Stay away from me!"

"Well, if that is the case I must ask you not to take one step further," Wally said, emerging from the trees and taking his place in front of Clair. "Now I must know, are you friend , or foe?"

"I do not wish any harm. I am also a victim of knighting," Callis had finally said. He looked at the Pokemon who had stepped in front of the Skitty.

Wally nodded
"Forgive me," he said slowly, "if I do not believe you at first. It's better safe than sorry."
He shrugged, and the continued
"And while I did notice you ask the Skitty if you were alright, I would not put it past the soldiers of King Lysindsre to use such a trick"

"Believe me, I do not work for Lysandre," he ripped off the make - shift bandage he'd made for him self. "You probably will know Grum, an old man that works for Lysandre. He set me to fight."

If Wally had fists, he would have balled them in anger.
"Fine" he said "I believe you"
He turned towards the massive castle in the distance. "Such a cruel sport, if only there was a way to stop it..."

Callis suddenly had an idea.
"Maybe we can stop the sport! Perhaps, if we take Lysandre off the throne, people will stop knighting. But then again, we would need a new king, someone who will stop knighting... Hmm.. perhaps we kick all humans out of this great land and rule it on our own?"

Wally laughed
"Have you seen the tools they have? The forces under their disposal?" He asked, "we could never take them all, not alone. Though if we free some Pokemon from the Knighting..."

"..Not all Pokemon set to fight are weak. I, myself, have trained a lot before I was sold to Grum. They might have power, but we have perseverance. We must not give up on our quest." Callis had replied, pawing at the ground, restlessly.

"Precisely, those that have survived must be strong, and if we play strategically and rescue as many as we can, we can build up a formidable army!" Mused Wally, "maybe if we free enough, we could make there be not enough Pokemon for Knighting, so the sport dies anyways"

"That's an excellent idea!" Callis said. "We might want to head to town, steal rations as it is almost impossible to find food in the plains. Perhaps we can free Pokemon too."
Callis got up wearily and padded up and down the plains, thinking of a way to break into the town. The sky was a dark purple now, and all the castle lights were off. The town was dark and frightening.

Up in the tress there was a Gallade named Spike with a leather jacket listening in on their plan. "These guys sure have guts." He mumbled to himself. He jumped down. "You guys sure are risk takers huh?" He said to them. "But you're going to need more than will power to free knighted pokemon. Trust me you don't want to be there for even a second." He said

Callis turned around to the Gallade.
"We have courage. We will not step down from a challenge. If we did not take risks, we would be cowards."
He then gestured the the darkening sky. "We must hurry before dawn."

"Well if you're gonna go in, I suppose I could help, my signature move is protect, if you guys need it ill be there as back up." Spike explained to them. "Besides I know a guy that is on an inside job right about now. His name is Blake, he's a Scizor and has a lot of strength, he's been gathering information on the types of pokemon that they knight, and where they keep them. Although I haven't heard from him lately, I'm hoping he hasn't been caught." He said

Clair was too overwhelmed by the sudden appearance of the Pokemon. But when she finally came to, she spoke up. "W-wait, you guys actually aren't harmful?" Clair took a moment to ponder about the situation. "I-if you're gonna help the Pokemon that are 'knighting', do you think... maybe..." Clair took a big gulp. "Do you think maybe I can join you? I want to help as well!!"

Callis stared at the Skitty.
"Sure! We need all the help we can get!" Then he turned to the Gallade. "Blake? That Scizor? Grum's been trying to catch him for a while - we'd better hurry. Oh, I almost forgot. I am Callis. Who are you?"

"Well all this fancy stuff is good and all, and there are definitely enough of us to raid some small towns or just attack some random trainers on the road, but then what about Pokeballs, or what if we accidentally attack some trainers that sincerely want to help" asked Wally

"We do not attack all of them. We stand our positions, and if they try to catch us we attack. Pokeballs are pretty much everywhere in the towns," Callis had replied, still pawing at the ground.

"Pokeballs! Hah! Child's play!" SpIke exclaimed, "I've already been caught. I abondened my trainer after I was stolen for knighting, don't know where he is, don't really care anymore. All I know is that I'm immune." He boasted.

As the Gallade said this, a dirty looking Pokeball rolls out of the patch of grass where the Skitty once was hiding in, and bumps the foot of the gallade, pressing the button. Suddenly, a Shinx is released from the Pokeball. Although it appears unconscious and covered in bruises, it doesn't look like in that much of a drastic situation. Definitely alive though.

Last edited:
"Guys!"Spike yelled. "We've got a visitor! And he looks pretty bad!" He said as he went to pick up the shinx."Hey buddy wake up! I know you're alive hut what happened to you? Answe me if you can talk." He said

The Shinx does not wake up. They appear to be knocked out pretty hard, but don't seem to be suffering any damages from it. Almost like they're just in a really deep sleep. Probably caused by a left hook to the jaw, or something of that nature.

"Fine.don't wake up then." Says Spike. "But your staying in my jackets pocket until you do." He said as he placed the shinx in his rather large pocket. "I swear if you don't wake up in an hour I'll assume your dead." Spike thought to himself. "Anyways about getting into the town."

Clair rushed over and pulled the Shinx out. "They're not a possession! This is a living being!" Clair checked the Shinx for anything alarming and once she confirmed nothing was wrong, she places him on her back.

Callis sat and watched the commotion. He slightly chuckled and said, "It is alive. What is all the fuss about?"
It was around midnight now, and the sky was dark purple and the moon was pearlescent. Callis watched as stars danced in the clear night sky.

Pokémon Knighting, one considered to be illegal, is the greatest source of entertainment in the crumbling society of the now lackluster humans. For most Pokémon, it was a horror, to fight and risk your life purely for the gains of your trainer. To Drakar however, it was an honor.

Drakar's trainer was named Sereth, a teenage boy who was intelligent beyond his years. He had caught him six months ago, up in the mountains after a fight with his now dead Pidgeotto. He knew the risks of Pokémon Knighting, and he was hesitant to put him into the ring as he knew the rarity of his species, especially with Lucarios and Riolus getting closer and closer to extinction. However, Drakar convinced him that he wanted to prove himself to him in the ring, so he formed a plan.

Typically, when a Knighter puts a Pokémon in the ring for the first time in a town, his opponent is a generally strong Pokémon with an arrogant trainer. They would expect the newcomer to be weak and as a result, would underestimate them. As such, Sereth decided to go from town to town and battle just once in the less prestigious rings, then leave to the next. By doing so, Drakar was able to overcome his opponents seven times now.

His eighth Knighting Duel, was against a lower powerhouse in the local ring. Before hand, Sereth tried to convince him that he didn't have to go, but Drakar refused as quitting now would result in his trainer's loss of honor in the ring.

So he instead stood on the side now, patiently waiting for his Riolu to come out victorious. He would probably not utter a single command, and he didn't need to, as he would be able to replicate an almost exact performance as his last seven.

"On one side of the ring we have the fearsome Mightyena named Granax, a regular to the ring who has won many a battle, and the newcomer on the other side, Drakar the Riolu! Begin!"

Drakar almost felt bad for the Mightyena. He started out with Agility, quickly running around the ring and getting faster and faster as time went on. The Mightyena just stood there, arrogantly watching, waiting for him to mess up, so he did. He pretended to stumble and fall to the ground during his build up of speed.

(I don't know if this counts as too crude of a description, but violence takes place, so skip if not interested)

"Granax, finish him with a single crunch!" His trainer commanded. Granax ran toward him and bit him on the throat, pushing him to the ground. All he did was thrash my body and pretended to struggle. Drakar continued to take damage, the pain becoming more and more unbareable, until he hit my limit.

Meanwhile, Drakar had been secretly charging a counter attack, it becoming more and more powerful as he focused my pain into a single point on my fist. When he was about to be subdued by his opponent he unleashed twice the damage the Mightyena had done to him, all in a super effective move. He flew and was knocked into the side of the chained wall of the ring. He tried to get up, but it was too late for him.

Drakar used quick attack, it's speed aided by his earlier agility. He consistantly pounded myself into the Mightyena, and occasionally threw in a force palm. Unable to do anything, the Mightyena collapsed on the floor and bowed his head in defeat. As it was unhonorable for a Knighting death to be slow in Drakar's view, he withdrew his concealed obsidian knives. A few cuts in the right places, and Drakar soundly won his eighth duel.

The gate to the ring swinged open, he ran and sat on Sereth's shoulder, the person in charge paid Sereth a decent chunk of money, and they departed into the wilderness to their next town.

Last edited:
"We don't have many options for getting into the towns to get food and other materials." Spike explained. "The entrances and exits of towns are heavily guarding, nobody gets out. We can't go from above the have bird guards, Talonflames, Pidgeots, Skarmorys. Don't plan on going underground Excadrill guards galore. It's starting to feel like pokemon are only going extinct for the good guys." He explained. "If we want to get in there well have to use some sort of force, and if we want to get into any town were going to have to do it late at night like right now." He explained.

As they spike is discussing the plan, the Shinx wakes up. "Ugh... Where am I...?" They say to themselves, looking at their surroundings. They try to get up, but inevitably fails, and falls face first on the ground. "Ow." It says, getting up as if they had endured much worse. They look around and notice the many other Pokemon surrounding it. Almost as if all the energy for words had been pulled out of it, it stays completely silent... For a few seconds. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAA" They shout, running away. They stop, running out of breath after only a few many feet. They turn around and shout: "WHO ARE YOU." Pointing in the general direction of all the other Pokemon.

Illusive was resting in a cave dark cave. He was peering out of the entrance from inside. All you could see of him without a light was his glowing green contacts. He was once a very successful knight. However one day he was put up against a young vulpix. Instead of killing the vulpix he killed his trainer and ran off. Everyone was shocked because he was usually merciless towards the Pokemon he was put up against. By the time they finally wrapped their heads around what happened he was already gone. He started to smell some Pokemon nearby. He said" Well I smell some children, but I also smell normal Pokemon." He got up and walked out of the cave. He walked to the top of a hill near the group, and he watched them from above. He smelled blood and he started to fear for the younger pokemon's safety. He quickly ran over to the group. He saw the shinx was injured and started to growl. He said" It better not have been one of you that hurt that shinx."

"Please you aren't of importance right now leave the shinx with us we were taking care of it." Spike said. "His pokeball rolled out of nowhere and he popped out in front of us. I'll have you know we didn't hurt it. If you're a knight that was sent here I'll gladly take you down myself. Otherwise all you need to know is that we're on the good side." He explained.

Illusive said" I was once a knight till my trainer tried to get me to fight a vulpix. I didn't want to hurt the child, so I killed my trainer instead. If you are indeed not hurting that shinx or any other young Pokemon I won't be trouble. If I do catch you hurting a young Pokemon you are dead." He then ran back to the cave he was in before. He started to eat some berries he dried.