• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Gpig's Pokemon Short Story Competition

Hello, Everyone I've been doing a lot of writing for myself recently and I've wanting to see other people get into writing more just for themselves because it's an amazing way of expressing yourself and it can improve so many skills as well. Same as reading. So I would like to host a casual competition of writing just for fun just to see what other people have got up their sleeves. Perhaps you've had an idea for a bit of fiction at the back of your mind that you've been dying to start on, maybe you've been meaning to write more but need an excuse to or just for a bit of fun where you make the funniest pokemon fan fiction ever created. It's completely up to you.

Rules:
  • Please try your best to have good grammar, since it could make it not as fun to read and can make it difficult. However, it's not that strict since you could have such good description and plot that it doesn't matter. Just try to have a bit of care if it's not your strong point.
  • The word count is quite flexible so if you naturally go over it, it's doesn't really matter. The maximum is 5,000 words but you don't have to aim for that. If your story is a lot less then that's fine. If you go over, just don't go over board about it.
  • Make sure it is PG and doesn't feature explicit content. Swearing is allowed and don't go over the top with gory details and I would avoid any sexual content also.
  • any genre is allowed.
  • This has to be an original work to be submitted. You cannot steal other peoples works or just submit a piece of work you've done previously. You must start an original piece of work for this competition.
  • In order to enter you will have to add the link to your story to this thread when uploaded and tag me and put in the tags of the work "Gpig's Pokemon Short Story Competition" Just so I know for sure.
  • Entries will stop when enough people have submitted then I will announce the winner, 2nd and 3rd place soon after depending on the amount of submissions this competition gets.
  • Have fun :)

The prompt to follow in this competition is to spark any ideas for the story. You can follow the prompt strictly or only reference it vaguely or briefly. But it has to reference it somewhat. The Prompt is:

The Lonely Pokemon of Crimson
Interpret this as you will and let it inspire you. This is the time I'm doing anything like this and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask in the forum. I'm unsure if I'll ask others to be judges for this since It's quite casual. Also if there's any suggestions to things I should different, be sure to say and maybe i'll take it under consideration.

Also if your just reading this to have a look and don't intend to submit a story yourself, even though I would encourage you to do so. At least I heavily encourage you to look at the stories that others submit and be sure to interact with them and tell them if you enjoyed it :) If certain stories get a lot of praise or interactivity it will certainly be taken into consideration when deciding winners.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Wait do we post the story on this or do we put it as a Creative Corner work? Because this seems awesome and I just don't wanna get this wrong.
Creative corner. Just tag it as “Gpig’s Pokemon Short Story Competition” in the tags of it and just in case put the link in response to it in this thread so I can easily access it :)