• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Gorgon Glare (A Fairy Tail RP)

((to join here is the discussion thread

https://pokecharms.com/threads/gorgon-glare-a-fairy-tail-rp.19842/#post-658252 ))

it was a calm and nice day at the Gorgon Glare guild today, new jobs have been brought in for the guild wizards to take on, but it seems that the number of jobs that required teams have increased lately, no one knew why but since they payed decently well no one cared to figure out the reason.

Aezer was sitting at the bar, he had not gotten the chance to go on many jobs lately since he didnt have a team so he spent most of his time at the guild looking around to see what his fellow guild mates where up to.

"man, if only i had a team, then we could go on a lot of jobs together, i bet it would be fun.... well at least i got my spirit" he thought to himself as he looked down for a moment at the green wooden Falcon idol he has tied to his belt.

Leonidas returned to the guild after his job, it was a small one but right now he wasn't picky with his jobs. He sat down at the bar and ordered something to drink. "Sure are a lot of jobs that require a team, what's the reason behind that?" He wasn't one to disagree, usually jobs that required a team were too dangerous for one person to do alone unless you were an S-Rank Mage or around that strength. He just hoped that he could find someone to make a team with, those team jobs were worth more than the normal jobs and it would be a shame to pass up on those Jewels.

"Thanks." He payed for his drink and looked around the guild as he drank. If he was going to make a team, he would prefer someone who wasn't terrified of him or his Bear Spirit.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
There it is! The home of the Gorgon Glare!
Melli Durless arrived just outside the Guild's HQ, and excitement was easy enough to spot from the aspiring Mage as she had traveled quite the way to get here. Still, Melli knew she had to focus, and being an overly excited fangirl over joining a real mage guild would not help make an impression with her would be guildmates.

No, Melli needed to let the guild know she meant business. That she was a strong mage who'd make a valuable addition to their ranks. So she worked to settle her excitement as she assumed her "serious" face as she walked forward and entered the Guild Hall. Noting a couple of mages already inside.

"Greetings, would you perhaps be mages of Gorgon Glare?"

"Sure hope so, or else we are in the wrong guild." Leonidas said with a grin and took a sip of his beer before looking at the newcomer. "What brings you here, kid? Got a job that you want us to do or something? If so, there are enough mages here who got nothing to do. Pick whichever one you think is the most suited for it." He got up from his seat and went towards the newcomer, towering over her although he didn't seem to actively intimidate her. "What's your name anyway? It makes talking a bit easier, otherwise people will keep calling you names which I doubt is your intention."

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Outwardly, Melli appeared unphased by Leonidas height as he approached her, only looking at him with her "confident" gaze but internally she was far from composed.

Oh man, this guy is huge! He's like at least a head taller than me, maybe more! Okay, focus Melli focus. Remember, need to act cool to make a good first impression.

"Melli, Melli Durless. A pleasure, and no I am not here for a mission request. I am here to join your ranks! I am willing to do whatever needed to prove myself and will work hard to become a asset for the guilt." Melli said, as she made her reason for coming clear to the tall mage and waited for the reaction that was to come.

"You want to join Gorgon Glare? Impressive given your age. My name is Leonidas, Leonidas Wilhelm. Nice to meet you Melli." Leonidas grinned as he extended his hand for her to shake.

"Miss Stoneworth is the Guild Master here, and as long as you don't cause a fuss you'll be fine. It is rare to see someone this confident, I've seen older mages act more nervous. You don't have to be scared of us, we won't bite. Much or hard." Leonidas grinned at the young mage, she might be young but she knew how to make a good first impression.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melli had a subtle twitch in her confident expression, one that near impossible to notice as she heard Leonidas mention of her confidence as her own brain offered a critique.

Yeah, such confidence. Standing there trying to pretend you are not gonna get in a panic attack any moment.

Shut up I do not need your sass right now!

"Thank you, without confidence one can never aspire to be the best mage they can be. Least that's what my father told me. Nice to meet you Leonidas." Melli asked, with a true smile as she seemed to believe Leonidas was nice enough in spite of his opposing size but she had a question she needed answered.

So this Stoneworth, is she in at the present moment?" Melli asked, curious since she was eager to be part of the guild; something reflected in her tone.

"Miss Stoneworth is probably in the guild, but I wouldn't enter her private quarters if I were you. I'd play it safe and wait for her to appear here. In the meantime, why don't you take a seat as you wait?" Leonidas gestured to the many empty chairs in the room. "Is your father a mage as well? Maybe I've heard of him."

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Ah I see, well I don't mind waiting." Melli said with a smile before she realized that Leonidas still had his hand out and she failed to shake it. Something her inner voice of criticism was quite to pounce on.

Smooth...guy goes to all this trouble and you can't even be bothered to remember to shake his hand.

Shut up I am new to all this!

New at shaking hands?

Oh bite me!

Immediately Melli took Leonidas' hand and gave him the handshake before she went over to sit down as she overheard his question which concerned her father and whether he was a mage or not.

"Oh yes, helped teach me the ways of magic. Though he prefers to go to town to town to perform in front of non-mages to entertain and show them the ways of magic as opposed to the life of a guild mage. His name is Sebastian Durless. Or Sebastian the Magnificent if you know of his stage name." Melli said, though it wasn't like her father was a big celeb so really she didn't count on him or anyone here to know who he was.

Aezer noticed the girl who entered the guild and overheard parts of her conversation with another guild member.

"So she wants to join the guild huh?" He thought to himself as he walked over to them and sat down next to them.

"Hi, I'm Aezer Vansyl, couldn't help but hear you want to join the guild" he told her with a smile that was overflowing with positivity and friendliness.

Souma was walking around the guild reading his book, trying not to bump into anybody. It was a book about the guilds other than Gorgon. But as Souma was so much into his book, he accidently bumped into 3 people in 1 conversation. "Oh, I am so sorry." said Souma, nervously because he bumped into a threesome that could possibly hurt him. "What are you guys talking about?" Souma said the next sentence with more confidence than before.

"He doesn't sound like someone with bad intentions, which is nice. I think I might've seen him preform once or twice when I was doing a job, he's not that bad." Leonidas smiled as Melli shook his hand. "What kind of magic do you use?" He began to grow curious as two fellow guild members joined into the conversation. "Seems to me that you caught quite the attention." He laughed as he looked at the guild members who decided to join in.

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Immediately Melli had taken note of the other guild members, as her conversation with Leonidas seemed to have attracted more attention than she expected. As she tried to come off as friendly and confident still even if her mind internally felt the nerves work up she masked with her expression as she faced the two other members

"Oh, we're just talking about the guild since I want to join. And some stuff about me, my name is Melli Durless. Nice to meet you both." Melli said as she introduced herself before decided to answer with a demonstration as she held out her hand took a deep breath.

"Origami Dance."

Soon enough, a single paper appeared in Melli's hand that soon folded itself and took the shape of a bird that began to flap around Leonidas before it vanished into thin air.

"I use Paper Blizzard. I can create and manipulate magic pieces of paper for various purposes. I know using paper doesn't sound...like the coolest thing around but I promise it is more than useful in a fight." Melli said, as she wondered how her "paper mage" status would affect her perception among her possible future guild mates. Naturally, she hoped she'd still be taken seriously.

Leonidas looked at the paper bird flying around before returning his eyes to Melli. "Sounds like a very versatile magic, it can send messages that disappear if needed to and paper cuts are an absolute nightmare. I do not want to be someone to fight you. Personally, I think that the best part about it is that people will think it is worthless and laugh about it before being covered in wounds." He said as he finished his drink.

"You're alright in my book. What made you choose for Gorgon Glare? No offense, but you must have some incredible confidence in yourself to decide to join." Leonidas said as he sat down in front of Melli, curious about her reasoning.

Aezer watched as the paper bird flew around a tall guildmate that asked her about her magic, he was amazed as it was the first time he has seen This type of magic before.

"Are you kidding? Being able to fight with and potentially beating powerful wizards with nothing but paper is cool!" He said, smiling wider.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melli was honestly touched when both Leonidas and Aezer complimented her magic, as evident by her smile in response. She had been worried her magic would be seen as "lame" by the mages here but it seemed that fear was just one of her irrational paranoia.

Oh they are just being nice, I bet inside they are giggling to themselves.

Shut up and let me have this!

"Thank you, that means a lot to hear." Melli said to both Aezer and Leonidas before she overheard the latter's question about why she desired to join Gorgon Glare.

"Well, I heard this guild had powerful mages and I found its reputation inviting. I wanted to show I could make it in a true mage's guild and prove to myself I can stand as an equal with them." Melli admitted to Leonidas as she made her reasoning hopefully quite clear.

Leonidas was silent for a while before talking. "I see. Well young lady, this is what I think of that." He paused whilst talking as if he was thinking but it was more for a dramatic effect than anything. "It is a fine reason in my eyes, now you just have to hope that Miss Stoneworth thinks the same way."

"I've interrogated you long enough, I bet that you're brimming with questions that you want to be answered so ask away. Any of the members here can answer any question you might have, even if you ask them if they want to give their Jewels to you. Of course the answer would be a 'No', but it is an answer nontheless."

Souma was interested in everything going on. "Maybe I can be friends with them?" Souma thought. Souma took a deep breath and then asked "Can I be friends with you guys?" Souma was hoping they would say yes. Souma never had one friend in this guild. He was too shy. But these people..........Souma was able to open up to.

"I don't see why not. What's your name, kid?" Leonidas looked at the boy. He saw him from time to time but he always had a book with him and he didn't ever feel like bothering him as he read. The fact that he decided to show initiative by asking them to be his friend was something Leonidas appreciated, but only time would tell if he would continue to show it or not.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melli listened as, quite needlessly dramatically, Leonidas gave his opinion about her reasoning and breathed an internal sigh of relief he seemed to think it was a fine reason to have. Melli also laughed a bit at the Jewel joke, but considered the open floor for questioning as she decided to face the trio of mages as she had a common question for each of them.

"Well, I suppose knowing what magic you use would be nice to know." Melli said to Leonidas, Aezer and Souma. Though as Melli glanced at Souma, as she heard his request to be friends with them. Smiling as she had been touched he would want to be friends with a newbie look her who wasn’t even confirmed to be part of the guild yet.

"And I would like that myself. My name is Melli. Melli Durless. Nice to meet you, all of you." Melli said to Souma but waited to hear what kind of magic she'd possibly be encountering on a day to day basis.

"Oh well I use Totem Magic, it's quite similar to Celestial spirit magic in case your unfamiliar" Aezer said, as he untied his falcon idol from his belt and showed her a wooden bird painted Green.

"And I guess technically Lightning magic but I'll explain that later" he added as he tied the idol back onto his belt.

Katrina, a young lady with luscious white hair, had been in the corner of the guild reading a book she had just recently obtained, trying to drown out all the noise from the guild, but was finding it more difficult due to the sudden increase in noise as a girl, Melli Durless, entered the guild. The girl was wanting to become a new member of the guild, and that was an exciting moment for a person, so Katrina wouldn't want the girl hanging out with her.

She didn't want anyone to do so, for that matter. She had been alone since she entered the guild. She has had some guild members ask if they wanted Katrina to join their team or if they wanted to be friends, but she would always reject the offers as she was afraid.

Katrina just sighed, and dove right back into her book.

An intimidating looking girl stood in the doorway of the guild hall. "So there's someone looking to join Gorgon Glare, huh?" The brunette approached the new girl. "We are always happy to have new guildmates. Of course, the Headmaster has to have her say, of course."

"I use Totem Magic as well and to some extent Earth Magic." Leonidas said as he took off his necklace with a red bear shaped doll attached to it. "If you want the finer details about it, Aezer and I can inform ya." He put his necklace back on and leaned back on his chair.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Interesting, two Totem Mages? Well the magic itself sounds amazing.

Far more interesting than your lackluster magic.

I don't need this!

"Well, I think that magic sounds amazing. The both of yours." Melli said with a smile before a new individual arrived and...had quite the intimidating presence to her which caught Melli's attention. While she seemingly kept out composion on the outside, on the inside...

Oh my gosh, who is that? She seems to...so scary! Man she's got to be a badass around here, what if I say something to make myself look stupid? Okay, calm down. You can do this...

No you can't.

Shut up!

"Y-yes, I am here to join Gorgon Glare. My name is Melli Durless, and it is a pleasure to meet another member of this guild." Melli said as she introduced herself to the intimidating girl.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
“Wow, that’s so cool!” Melli admitted, as Michelle was right. It was a rare magic, so to meet such a Requip Mage among the other cool mages around only reminded Melli of that this was a true mage’s guild so to expect amazing people should have been just that…expected.

Didn’t make it any less amazing to her, as evident by her expression.

Suddenly the once chatty and social hall went silent as footsteps made themselves audible, getting louder and closer.

It was the Guild Master, Euryale Stoneworth, who was making her way to the group of Wizards gathered up, she had a welcoming smile on her face and a confident look.

"Well well, what do we have here?" She asked addressing the Mages, and mostly addressing Melli.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melli took note of the arrival of the woman; her confident stride showing her authority as Melli did not need an introduction to know this was the Guild Master around here.

Her expression showed slight surprise, but internally she was a ball of nerves as this was the moment she needed to make a great first impression. Her once chance to join their ranks, and she needed to make it count.

“G-greetings ma’am. My name is Melli, Melli Durless. A mage who desires to join Gorgon Glare.” Melli said, as she made her intent clear to the woman and thankfully avoided fumbling over her words. To this point, anyway.

Leonidas noticed the Guild Master come towards them and he knew what her goal was. He smiled and patted Melli's shoulder and mouthed 'Good luck!' as he grinned and took a step back for Miss Stoneworth to get closer to Melli.

He knew how terrifying it must be for the young mage, after all meeting the Guild Master was no small feat. If she could make a good first impression she would probably be accepted, if she messed up then she would be out of luck. All he could do was support her from a distance and wait.

Euryale smiled at Melli, and said "well id be happy to welcome you as the newest member of the guild, but i have two rules in this guild that i expect all the members to follow, first off, no intentionally putting guild mates in danger, emphasis on Intentionally, and second, dont disturb me when im in my private quarters unless the guild is on fire, can you follow those two rules?" she finally asked.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melli listened as the Guild Master outlined her two rules she'd have to follow if she desired to join Gorgon Glare. In truth, neither were any issue for her; as she had no intention to cause any trouble within the guild anyway so she had no expectoration of putting anyone in danger especially willingly. And it was natural the Guild Master would want privacy from all her day to day duties of running Gorgon Glare so respecting her privacy was easy enough.

"Yes, I will keep those rules to heart. I promise you that." Melli said with a nod as she looked Euryale right in the eye when she said this to show she was serious.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melli was nervous, unsure of what the Guild Master would say...before she heard the words that she could only have dreamed of prior to this as she stood with a dumbstruck expression on her face. Then the realization hit her.

"Oh my...t-thank you! Thank you so much! I promise to do my best to make me worthy of the Gorgon Glare mark!" Melli said, and in her excitement she would jump up to hug Euryale. Which was an incredibly stupid move, as Melli's inner cynical voice would point out, but she was too overjoyed to think rationally.

Leonidas watched the scene in front of him and smiled. Hugging Miss Stoneworth might not be the best idea but she could probably understand that Melli was too overjoyed to think normally. After all, he wasn't much better when he got accepted.

"Congratulations kid! I knew you had it in ya, Now when you're done hugging Miss Stoneworth, go and get your mark. I doubt that you want to wait much longer now that you're accepted." He grinned as he gave Melli a thumbs-up and he looked forward to having a new mage in Gorgon Glare.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Has Eleo entered the hq he saw many people "i hope i chose the right guild...I WANT TO BE PART OF THIS GUILD WHERE DO I DO THAT" he yelled then he sat down waiting for a response
He was decided to join the guild "i need the money here..." he mumbled

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Leonidas' comment made Melli realize what she had done as she broke the hug from miss Stoneworth and had a bright blush visible on her face. The first crack in her "cool" exterior.

"S-s-sorry. Got excited there." Melli said with a sheepish grin before she died her blush down as she overheard Leonidas' comment about getting a guild mark.

"Where do I get that?" Melli asked Leonidas, as she had also taken note of the new arrival into the guild as it appeared that he desired to join much as she had done.

"Miss Stoneworth will take care of that, atleast she will when she's freed of your bearhug." Leonidas grinned as he spoke. "Nervous? It is rather obvious now that your tough act is gone."

He noticed another new person enter the guild, but he thought nothing of it right now. One new member at a time, he thought.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
"Ignored...." as he was still waiting for that response "SO! MY GUILD MARK STUFF, IS IT LATER OR NOW?!" he yelled "i hate being ignored...wait ... everybody hates that...who am i kidding" he told himself waiting for what felt like eternity