• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Good team for Pearl?

PearlTeam.png

Any good?
Edit: Damn, wrong board. Could someone move this please?

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Charizard
-Flamethrower
-Air Slash
-Dragon Pulse
-Earthquake

Charizard has better Special Attack than Attack, so all but one of his attacks are special.

I'm keeping Flamethrower there because its a good Fire-type, is a special attack, and gets STAB.

I replaced Fly with Air Slash because Air Slash is special, whereas Fly is not.

Dragon Pulse is better on Charizard than Dragon Claw because Dragon Pulse is special.

Now Earthquake is a physical move, but I have reasons. :p First off, Charizard's Attack isn't too far behind its Special Attack stat, plus Earthquake is a powerful move. And the reason Earthquake is there is to help you against Electric and Rock-types.

Feraligatr
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang/Ice Punch
-Crunch

Now this croc has more Attack than Special Attack, so all his moves are Physical.

Waterfall is the best Water-type move to go on Feraligatr, so you did good with that.

You had the right idea with Earthquake as well. It'll help you against Electric-types.

Now Blizzard is where you messed up. :p Ice Fang or Ice Punch would work much better on this guy, as they're both physical. What you choose is up to you. Ice Punch is the better of the two, has more power and accuracy, but its an egg move. Ice Fang is a bit weaker with a tiny bit less accuracy, BUT, Feraligatr learns Ice Fang naturally.

Now Crunch is a very decent attack to have, it has good power and you'll never know when it'll come in handy, trust me.

Torterra
-Seed Bomb/Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide/Stone Edge
-Body Slam/Crunch/Leech Seed

Torterra is another physical attacker.

Seed Bomb would be better than Wood Hammer, but Seed Bomb is an egg move, so I don't know if you'll want to go through all the trouble. If not then Wood Hammer works just as well, just know that you'll receive recoil damage. Both will get STAB

Earthquake gets a thumbs up, get's STAB as well, nothing else to be said really.

Rock Slide and Stone Edge, both are pretty good, what you choose is up to you. Rock Slide is weaker but can flinch the foe. Stone Edge is more powerful AND it has a high critical-hit ratio, but pays for a lower accuracy in return. Either will help you fight Fire, Flying, and Bug-types.

The last move is up to you as well. Body Slam would be ideal, but its an egg move. Crunch could also work well, as I said above you'll never know when it'll come in handy. I've always found Leech Seed to be usefull, takes away foe's HP and adds it to your own, what's not to like?

Chatot
-Chatter
-Hyper Voice
-Toxic
-Protect

Chatot has an ok Special Attack so we'll take advantage of it.

Chatter and Hyper Voice are both excellent for Chatot, and they'll both receive STAB.

I chose Toxic for annoying purposes, and it works well with Protect. Use Toxic first, and then keep using Protect to shield yourself from harm while Toxic saps at your foe's strength. A few Chatters and Hyper Voices in-between couldn't hurt either.

Bastiodon
-Metal Burst
-Avalanche
-Stealth Rock
-Roar

Bastiodon is slower than the wait for Diamond and Pearl itself, and its attack stats make the eyes bleed. But we'll use it's low Speed and godly defenses to our advantage.

ANY Pocket Monster is sure to hit Bastiodon first, except for Shuckle. >> So since the power of both Metal Burst and Avalanche doubles when you're hit first, we'll use those attacks if we want ANY decent damage to come out of Bastiodon. Metal Burst will be slightly more potent since it receives STAB

Now, I like to view Bastio here as an annoyer, so that's why we have Stealth Rock an Roar. Stealth Rock hurts a Pokemon every time it switches out. So why not use Stealth Rock on a Pokémon, and then use Roar? Then repeat the process on the new Pokémon that's sent out?

Lucario
-Aura Sphere
-Flash Cannon
-Psychic
-Water Pulse

Whoo, Lucario. ^^ Its attack stats are pretty even, but its Special Attack is a bit higher, so I went with all special moves. Its defenses are rather meh though, but thankfully this move set covers all of Lucario's weaknesses.

Aura Sphere, a Fighting-type move, and Flash Cannon, a Steel-type move, are both for STAB. They have very decent power and were practically made for Lucario.

Lucario is weak against other Fighting-type attacks, so I put Psychic in there to deal with them.

Lucario is also weak against Fire and Ground, Water Pulse will help you against those types as well. ^^;

And that's it, I'm glad if this helps you any.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Meh, its really up to you. Instead of Bastiodon you could go with a Dark, Ghost, Poison, or Psychic-type. In fact there are a lot of things you could go with to round off this team. Just go with a type that you don't have already and we'll see what we can do about it.

Might i Just throw a suggestion out there? how about Spiritomb? decent stats, though, low health and speed, and no weakness without lock-on, which no one uses, not so bad a choice

spiritomb is really good....
i like him..
but how do u like my party guys? :D

lucario lvl.86
charizard lvl.100
snorlax lvl.100
electivire lvl. 100
alakazam lvl. 100
blastoise lvl. 100