• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Good News/Things Happen

Thanks so much^^ Im so estatic!! Going to Mel is something I;ve wanted ever since I saw the list of high schools when I came to american but we where out of range, since I cant go to this one, I get to go to Mel now since its the closet in range^^ Im so excited XD Then I'll be going to MIT hopefully in two years^^ I mean im already set to go, I just have to finish High school, though thats been like that so its not news..but it is good^^

OMG...MIT?!?! You are a genius (or something like it). That is Teh Coolness. I saw some of the funky looking buildings at MIT and they are also Teh Coolness.

Congrats Musashi...!?

Lolz, the first time ANYONE, including myself now, has congratulated someone for being expelled is right this second.

Thanks you two! Im soo happy^^ Once I learned the language all my computer skills from Japan landed me straight to MIT. Though my true passion is to be a writer, I have this thing about being the best that I can and MIT was right up my alley^^

Alot of people call me Genuis..But I prefer..Evil Genuis >_>....

Anyway, Lets talk about good things happeneing
Uhhhh..Im getting a new Demonology book this week and Devil May Cry 3 and 4 o-o Im sure thats good. Or at least it better be D=

You're gunna be a writer, too?! :o Sweeeet. What are you gunna write? Fiction? Non-fiction? Sci-Fi? History(I dislike america's history... Full of wars... :'()?

Yes^^ I write mostly Fiction, Sci-fi, Fantasy and things along that line^-^ I've always been a fan of books Lol. I also write fanfiction XD. Most of my work is very deep and mystic so im told^-^ Makes me proud to be so good at writing when I get good feedback, I also draw, which isnt very unpopular for me because im a typical japanese so drawing writing and computers. I have followed my stereotype well.

Awesome.
I like books in general, as well. I also right just about only fiction, unless my teach'(Mom, I'm homeschooled, YAY) gives me an assignment, and if it's history reading... I get in a bad mood. *Sniff* I HATE America's history!

Most history is sad, Japan is real bad to, we're known for having hundreds od wars (Ahem, with ourselves XD) Lol Go Nobunaga-Sama go XD

Any one else have some good news to add to the list of growing new news?
Im getting a livejournel soon^-^ That'll be fun, I saw acouple and lots of my friends have them so im encouraged to make one, it'll be much funner than my boring Myspace Lol.

Some more good news!! In a week I'll be meeting my new teachers at Mel^^ Just for a quick lecture and things, two of which I already know from being on honor roll, going to school-based award ceremonies, Drama-club, French-club meet, and again at a poets ceremony. I've seen One teacher about three times, the other twice XD Its funny how we kept bumping into eachother.

And im free of Mr;Webb!!!!!

*DANCES*

Hmmm...coupla good things happened to me.

A few weeks ago, I was randomly on Facebook and noticed I had a friend request. I clicked to see who it was...and it was one of my best friends from elementary school who I hadn't seen or heard from in over five years. I was really worried about her...when I last saw her, it seemed like her family didn't have a whole lot of money, and while I didn't really understand their housing situation at the time (still don't), I think they were living with their "grandmother" - basically, a nice elderly woman who let them share her house.

But then, she told me her "grandmother" couldn't let them live there anymore, and she moved away. I never knew where she moved...and I worried all these years about how she was doing.

Now she's taking AP classes at a good high school. Guess all that worrying was for nothing, huh? :p We've been chatting on Facebook (she's the same person...that made me happy. Same ol' same ol'!), and it's been great. I'm happy we're able to stay in touch!

Oh, and on a completely different note...the campers at the camp I work at have an EVEN boy-girl ratio this week...and the boys are excited about camp and aren't giving me attitude. Nice to see enough boys to balance out the girls...it makes the group more outgoing. O' course, too many boys makes it TOO outgoing, and the girls calm the group down. (This is just what I've noticed with little kids at a day camp - I'm not trying to put a stereotype on the situation!) I have never appreciated my coeducational schools more. ^_^;;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Guys, keep the conversational posting down, eh? That's what MSN is for. I'm looking at you most of all, Artiste :p

I'm sorry, Linkachu. I don't have MSN, or any other chat program.
Congrats, Persian and Musashi! It's always good to see friends you haven't seen in a while. I have two that live quite a way from meh.

I FINALLY got my Driver's Permit this morning; almost 9 months after my birthday, though, lol. :p

At least since it's summer I still have a few weeks to get a lot of practice in before school starts.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm sorry, Linkachu. I don't have MSN, or any other chat program.

I don't expect you to. All I meant was that that sort of discussion is best left to chatting programs, so try to avoid it on the forums. If you don't exactly get what I mean, PM me and I'll try to explain it better.

Anyways, it's a nice thing that we made happen ourselves, but my mom finally bought herself a new laptop. It's pretty slick, and has a few nice things built into it. I've never had easy access to a DVD RW or webcam before this, and having both within a portable unit is always a plus.

Other than that, we've finally spent our first night at our cottage this summer, even if it's still not really summer weather. It's just nice to get away from the city for a change, see the clear starry sky at night (no light pollution), and see the ocean out the window. There's always a nice breeze off the coast, too.

The trip was awesome. The total kids saved was 27 I think.

That's totally awesome.

Wednesday I got pampered. I was treated to a pedicure (which felt absolutely divine) and a new haircut. I also got my eyebrows waxed, which was slightly painful, but my eyebrows look great and the pain faded quickly. While that may not sound like a good day to everyone, it made me feel good. I don't get pampered very often.

Oh. My. Goodness. That is awesome, Uzumaki_Naruto! I can't believe there were that many!

Good for you, Carmen! And your story reminded me that something good finally happened to me(Like last week, actually);

I was going for my first Art lesson with my aunt(Who is an awesome artist), and she said in the car on the way to her house, "Do you know what the first rule of drawing is?" I replied, "No.", and she said "Well, the first rule of drawing is to have some ice cream." My eyes almost popped out of my skull when I heard that, and then, once we got to DAIRY QUEEN, she noticed I was hesitant about letting her buy me something(Being poor makes you a bit modest, XD), and said: "Just pretend you're spoiled like (Insert cousin's name here)." My eyes really came close, that time, And I said, "Uhh... OK", and while we were eating(She ended up buying me their new and improved chicken sandwhich, with frys and a bottle of water(I'm cutting back, XD).), I said "I never expected you to talk about (Insert cousin's name here) like that..."(She's his grandmother), She replied: "Yeah, well we ALL know he's spoiled." "Yeah... I guess".

And then we had the most awesome art lesson like, EVA. I learned how to shade pretty well, in ONE day.

My cuz is VERY spoiled, btw.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm back, guys.

Someone reported this post as SPAM, and I'm very much inclined to agree. Great that you're back, but you could have at least explained what was good about the trip. This is a nice topic Carmen started here, but you guys are risking its future with posting like this.

As I said in the notification, first warning.

This topic hasn't been replied to in 8 days so it isn't dead. Overall my trip to Panama City was good. I tt-boned on a go-cart track and caused a traffic jam whic I found hilarious. The ocean was amazing. I can see why a lot of people retire to Florida. The salt air felt really good. The funny thing was that the drive to P.C was cool but the trip back to Georgia was miserable. Oh well, I still had a good time.

Best of all, the ending to the seventh Harry Potter book wasn't spoiled for me. I couldn't get the book while I was in Florida but it was waiting when for me when I got home. Unfotunately I didn't get home until late Sunday night. I read as much as I could before I had to sleep. I just finished reading it ten minutes ago. :) I can't believe it this was the last one...

Good for you, Carmen! You caused a traffic jam with a Go-Kart? HILARIOUS!

I want that book so bad... Don't tell me anything about it, but was it good? A Yes or No will suffice. =]

Good for you, Carmen! You caused a traffic jam with a Go-Kart? HILARIOUS!

I want that book so bad... Don't tell me anything about it, but was it good? A Yes or No will suffice. =]

Yes. I thought it was good. I would never intentionally spoil the ending for the book without warning. Especially this one. You have to discover for yourself. We've been waiting years for the opportunity to read this book and no one should spoil the ending for anyone else without his/her consent.

My thoughts exactly. I have enough money for it, I'm just saving for a Wii. And a Wi-Fi USB connector. =[ I want it so bad, I might dip into the savings for it.

Um... even though it happened a while ago, I caught Palkia with a Net Ball on my first try. I caught Heatran not to long ago. (Zilla and Spike ;D)

Other things... I'm making some good money off of some ol' transformers on eBay. If I don't win that contest on CN, I'll add it to the bank of "saving up for a Wii."

More things... A friend I haven't seen inn awhile (two actually) are coming over Thursday and Friday.

AL has Spoken