• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Golden Sun DS

So, among all the new games announced in Nintendo's E3 conference, this one has me the most excited.

You can view the trailer here.

The video's a bit jerky - it was much smoother at the actual conference - but it had me grinning from ear to ear. The summons look especially nice.

So who else is having a nerdgasm right now?

Oh.

My.

Goodness.

Squee! Look at the graphics! (On one of the DS line, of all consoles!) Look at the dragon! Look at the awesomness!

I certainly cannot wait to actually touch this.

I am with you on the awesomeness all the way, amazing admin.

Oh wow I've been waiting for this. The graphics look awesome! The game was amazing on GBA, I'm really excited for how good it will be.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I wasn't a huge fan of the original like some, but this DS version even has me excited. I love the direction they went with the graphics, and the summons did look very nice. Looking forward to having the chance to play it :)

Hmm. I never even heard of the first one, but this game looks interesting enough. I'd have to look into it a little more before considering buying it, right now it kind of seems like a game I'd buy and never play. :T

Nintendo's press release:

"Golden Sunâ„¢ DS: After going dark six years ago, 2010 will see a new dawn. Golden Sun DS updates the popular portable Golden Sun role-playing series with an impressive graphical style. This installment follows the story of the previous heroes' descendants and immerses players into the magic of its adventure by pushing the boundaries of intuitive touch-screen controls. Golden Sun DS is playable on the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi systems."

Looks like we're lookin' at the kids or grandkids or whatever of the GBA characters.

Also, promotional poster.

Last edited by a moderator: