• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed GLA Discussion

Ah, I understand wanting to it later. What you want to do is still a little confusing to me, though. So, Pearl will battle an older Water trainer, lose, run away upset and bump into another freshman?

Yep, I saw that, and depending on what happens next here and IRL there's a good chance Jackie will show up. Not that she would end up interacting much, but... yeah.

I dunno, depends on what kind of impression he makes and how their interactions go. I can see various situations, including ones where neither talk, and possibly even one where he discovers she is actually into great literature and drama has the potential to ensue.

Maybe Renz, I suppose, if the situation were right... of course, two of his Pokemon are weak to water, but Gible is neutral and can fire off Dragon Rage to deal lots of damage (to lower level Pokemon)

Sure! Jackie got in on barely passable grades and excellent battling, but could easily be thrown out from disruptive behavior. Renz is there from a mixture, I suppose. But yeah, I can see her being upset about losing a battle.

By the way, I don't entirely understand why one of the major classes is performances. I understand the aspect of showing off while battling and such, of course, but I still don't really get it.

@ThePlayfulFox the Poliwrath trainer?
@RenzFlintrock you'll see why during that class.

Here is the schedule:
Battles 1 - 0800 to 0930
Contests 1 - 1000 to 1130
Lunch - 11300 to 1230
Beg Breeding - 1230 to 1400
P.E. 1430 to 1600
Clubs - 1630 to 1900

It is in military hours, so in case you don't know how to read it, the first two digits are the hours and the last two the minutes. After 12 (noon), just subtract 12 from the first two digits and you get the hour.

This is Monday through Friday. Weekends are only club activities from 0900 to 1300 and the students are from to do as they wish.

Questions?

Hmm, Dai Lin won't like begging (joke).

Is it fine that Pearl isn't good at battling for real but is great at battle theory, thus how she entered the school. As in she aced the written exam but didn't do to well with the battling portion.

I have a similar story planned out for Sethis, actually! He's good at the theory, decent at battling, but he severely lacks confidence and avoids any and every battle for fear of losing.

I just think in terms of theory, it's difficult to maintain more than a certain amount of pokemon. That's part of the reason why trainers often build a bond with and use one partner pokemon in most situations.

I'm not saying finding and catching pokemon shouldn't be a priority, but I think trainers (aka pokemon players) are taught to have that full team of 6, catch and train a bunch of different options, etc, when in the reality of a pokemon world that's gotta be dang difficult.

I'd say that it'd be best to hold off on catching (at least personally), until your team, or even your character reaches a point where they need something new, or need to come up with something original to beat a tough trainer or something, but like Gallade said, I'd like to have some depth to each of my pokemon, and how Adrianna gets them.