• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Gilligan's Island Inspired RP Discussion

Picture this: A skipper, his first mate, and five passengers board the S.S. Escargot for what was supposed to be a three hour tour. The skipper didn't expect rough weather of any kind. The weather got rough and it was only thanks to the skipper and first mate that the S.S. Escargot wasn't lost. When the RP starts the skipper soon discovered that they are all marooned on an uncharted island. What will happen next? One way to find out.

Form-
Name:
Career:
Anything else:

Mine- (Only my character will have one name)

Name: Neil
Pokémon species (no fakemon): Servine
Career: First mate
Anything else: His personality can be labeled as funny, sensitive, klutzy, dumb in a funny way, and scared.

Preferably there should be one intellectual among the passenger group.

Roles-
Skipper: Captain Noah Raines (@Excalibur Queen )
First mate: Neil (@Excalibur Queen )
Passenger 1: The Doctor (@AstralDarkrai37 )
Passenger 2: ? (@Charlespark )
Passenger 3: Jinava (@Seal Pup )
Passenger 4: Amber (@Shimmering )
Passenger 5: Mika (@Forever Frozen )

I will eventually allow sign ups to be a guest on the island.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it has been a while being in an RP with you @Excalibur Queen, so I thought that it would be best to present an RP sample. (All unknown information will be revealed in the roleplay.)

Name: It is currently unknown if he even has a name that others refer to him as.
Gender: Although he is normally genderless, he is often referred to as a male due to his masculine traits.
Pokémon Species (no fakemon): He is a Ditto. (But he will be already transformed in the roleplay when it starts; it is up to all to see who he is.)
Career: He is a scientist.
Anything else: Due to a rare genetic mutation that he had since birth, he is unable to transform into complex Pokémon such as evolved and legendary Pokémon. However, he seems to possess an unknown power that tends to put strain on him should he use it.

RP Sample:
After Serah was ready to begin treating the beaver Pokémon with the Signita's help, she took the syringe and carefully injected the mysterious, green medicine into the patient. The Signita nodded at her, as he wrote, "Oh... I should have told you this first, but we're gonna need to get this small electrocardiogram on the patient so we can see how he's doing. It's that machine that tells you how the patient's doing and such... I'll get it out; just put that white dot thing on his chest and I'll get the big bracelet installed." She nodded at him and snugly placed the electrode on the patient's chest while he securely placed the bracelet on the patient's other arm. A flick of a switch clicked off, as several beeps can be heard from the machine within a series of intervals that kept ringing on.

The Signita wrote after the electrocardiogram was installed, "Next, we're gonna have to see how bad that arm looks, we're gonna have to take out that cloth bandage... I'll give him bonus points for improvising I guess. I'll give you my scalpel since I ain't got those big scissors that are bigger than my hands." He handed them over to Serah after she closed the syringe and handed it back to him for sterilization after the treatment was done.

Serah replied, "Well, let's just hope he's not looking too hurt... I'd sure be having a pretty bad day if my cute little starter was that injured." She slowly made a gentle slit on the bandages until their integrity was no more, as she carefully pulled them off to reveal the Pokémon's arm. Shards of glass could be seen on the arm, as there was a dark, scarlet red liquid that profusely ozzed out of the areas where the shards were slightly lodged in. The Signita wrote, "Okay, this doesn't look good... his vitals are dropping so we might have to work fast. If it gets too low, then we're gonna have to inject more stabilizer; I got only two left so make them count."

Serah replied, "So... I suppose time's not even on our side... well great. I guess we better remove the pieces of glass and treat those little cuts and those other big ones as soon as possible."

The Signita wrote in response, "Use the forceps to grab the pieces of glass and place them in this little bag I'm going to take out. After that, you're going to want to use the green gel to treat those cuts since they're too small to stitch up." She nodded at him and proceeded to do the task in the Signita's accord, as she cautiously removed each shard of glass until all of them were placed in the bag. She picked up the jar of gel that the Signita placed on the snow next to her, as she carefully rubbed a nice batch on the patient's arm. After finishing, she said, "Okay... so now what? Those big cuts are gonna be a bit hard to deal with."

The Signita replied in his writing, "Here, take this needle and thread and use it to suture the patient's lacerations. Just make sure they're not too wide or narrow." Serah nodded again in agreement, as she stitched up the lacerations in an attentive manner until they were all stitched and the red liquid stopped discharging.

The Signita's tail perked up after reading the electrocardiogram, as she quickly wrote, "He's not stabilizing... I think that there's probably something in his arm that we're gonna have to also treat. Make an incision on the arm after you disinfect the area with the gel."

Serah replied with a sigh, "Well... I suppose that this is gonna get a bit ugly. Shouldn't you be looking away for someone in that babyish body?"

The Signita wrote with haste in his response, "Let's just treat the patient first, then we'll ask questions later. When you're ready, make the incision and keep your guard up. I'll monitor the electrocardiogram to make sure that everything's okay."

Well, it has been a while being in an RP with you @Excalibur Queen, so I thought that it would be best to present an RP sample. (All unknown information will be revealed in the roleplay.)

Name: It is currently unknown if he even has a name that others refer to him as.
Gender: Although he is normally genderless, he is often referred to as a male due to his masculine traits.
Pokémon Species (no fakemon): He is a Ditto. (But he will be already transformed in the roleplay when it starts; it is up to all to see who he is.)
Career: He is a scientist.
Anything else: Due to a rare genetic mutation that he had since birth, he is unable to transform into complex Pokémon such as evolved and legendary Pokémon. However, he seems to possess an unknown power that tends to put strain on him should he use it.

RP Sample:

Your in

Name: Jinava
Pokémon species (no fakemon): Jolteon
Career: Electrical engineer
Anything else: It is very unlikely (1% of times) that Jinava will shoot a powerful blue light strike, which would cause him a pretty large recoil damage. He had gotten a blue lightning disease when he was just a little eevee, which managed him to evolve into a Jolteon by surprise..

Name: Jinava
Pokémon species (no fakemon): Jolteon
Career: Electrical engineer
Anything else: It is very unlikely (1% of times) that Jinava will shoot a powerful blue light strike, which would cause him a pretty large recoil damage. He had gotten a blue lightning disease when he was just a little eevee, which managed him to evolve into a Jolteon by surprise..
Your in.

Name: Amber
Pokémon species (no fakemon): Gardevoir
Career: Architect
Anything else: Her personality is described as she loves to build practically everything, and no one can stop her from dreaming about building new things. In short, she's very creative. She'll do almost anything she can for her friends. She's also albino.

Last edited:
Name: Amber
Pokémon species (no fakemon): Gardevoir
Career: Architect
Anything else: Her personality is described as she loves to build practically everything, and no one can stop her from dreaming about building new things. In short, she's very creative. She'll do almost anything she can for her friends.
Your in. 2 more spots left to fill.

Hmm... so many questions to ask... such as what's on the island, or are we gonna be staying there for who knows how long?

I think that I'm already killing the cat with my curiosity aren't I?

Hope this good enough XD. I've been trying to join more rp's
Name: Mika
Pokémon species (no fakemon): Ninetales
Career: No jub here :p
Anything else: She is very jumpy and quite. She spends most of her time reading or hanging out with her ninetales.

Last edited:
Hope this good enough XD. I've been trying to join more rp's
Name: Mika
Pokémon species (no fakemon): Ninetales
Career: An f ing Store cashier XD(sorry)
Anything else: She is very jumpy and quite. She spends most of her time reading or hanging out with her ninetales.
Your in. Now we just need a Skipper.

It has been awhile, so I guess I could fill the role myself so we can get the RP going. Please wait.

Name: Captain Noah Raines
Pokémon species (no fakemon): Floatzel
Career: Skipper
Anything else: Noah (the skipper) is a good-natured and warm-hearted person, quick to take charge and take command of any situation that presents itself. As the benevolent and benign leader of the Castaways, he is always quick to make sure their safety and comfort are placed before his.