• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ghastale: The White Mask

What's the connection between Gaster and the skelebros?

• Sans and Papyrus are two halves of Gaster

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Gaster is the father of Sans and Papyrus

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • They met once or twice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • There's no connection

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wait, I did?

Oh right, in the brackets. Whoops, slipped up there! Anyways, Frisk really shouldn't know that much about the situation... or should at least not act like they do.

@Eeveechu151 I was wondering if I could join this!
I think I want to be Muffet and Purple Soul (Perseverance).
I have here with me a character sheet for the Purple Soul.

Name: Emily
SOUL/Color: Perseverance/Purple
Personality: Very nice, before she fell she loved her family, and they loved her.
She would always get through her task and be devoted to it. She loved the color purple and loved wearing it. She also loves books. Fighting is not her style, and she is very frail. But when she gets really angry. Like, you killed my friends angry. Oh boy, you are about to have some serious Karma.
Bit O’ Backstory: When she did fall, she was very scared and didn’t move for a day, hoping it was a nightmare. When she did wake up, she was greeted by Toriel. Scared, she ran away. She later became friends with Toriel, and snuck past her to leave. She liked toriel, but she needed to get home. In snowdin… Well, it was cold. She met sans and papyrus and tried to run away again. This time she did run out snowdin as fast as possible, it was cold, can you blame her? When she arrived at waterfall, she soon met Gerson. They became good friends. She loved his Crab Apples and Sea Tea. She soon fell victim to Undyne, as Emily was struck down. Gerson found out her Glasses and book had washed up near his shop, the book was pretty torn and wet, and the glasses seemed to perpetually be cloudy, but he decided to sell her items, so maybe, just maybe, someone would be so generous as to buy it. And make her happy again.
How She Died: Defeated by Undyne.
Monster Connection: Gerson

Looks good, except that (again) Frisk is the first human that Papyrus meets. And I'll give you Muffet, yeah. You want Gerson as well? I can add him to the sheet.

Sure, I could probably balance out 3 characters. And I think you said the souls will appear in the second half, Gerson will probably appear pretty soon, his shop is in Waterfall after all, and Muffet will probably appear later, as you fight her in Hotland.
Simply put, sure! :) (Something I noticed is that the 3 characters I'm using all have something to do with the purple soul, 1 IS the purple soul, 1 sells the purple souls items, and 1 makes your soul purple. Huh.)

Well then.

In all actuality, we're not going through UNDERTALE in the regular fashion in this RP. The name itself gives a massive clue as to why. Most of the first part will take place in Waterfall, yes, but Frisk won't be meeting the monsters post-Grillby's visit in the same way as they do in the games.

eh sure, bro.

So anyways. You gonna just be taking Papyrus, or you want to take anyone else? or maybe you want to create a human SOUL? There's a character list on the first post. Look there.

Uh Mewtwo, Glitchtale isn't canon in this AT. I like it and I'm taking plot elements from it, but the Glitchtale timeline hasn't happened in the Ghastale timeline. Flowey wouldn't know about Betty or Jessica Grey.

You never mentioned her directly, but I recognize character descriptions when I see them.

BTW M2, I think I should explain a bit about the ties between Gaster and Grillby. If you don't want potential spoilers, don't open the spoilers tab. But M2 has to.
Gaster and Grillby were old friends, both pursuing scientific careers. Grillby originally helped Gaster out as his assistant, since they were old friends. He also became the godfather to Sans and Papyrus. When Gaster died, Grillby became quiet and depressed and became a cook.

I understand. Also,
Girl in pink: Betty
Glitched Version of Sans: Error Sans
Scary silver-eyed lady: That's Verdana, Villain of Time Will Tale.
Once again, sorry, I'll change my wording.

Before I even think about posting in the RP, could I get a recap of what's happened so far? I just don't wanna screw anything up in my first post or any post after that... >-<

Sure. In recap...

Sans and Frisk went to Grillby's, where they talked a bit about the last timeline (i.e. the old Ghastale RP). Sans left, and Flowey followed him. Flowey tried to stop Sans from going in and facing "Gaster", but Sans still went in anyways. Frisk was approached by Flowey at Sans and Papyrus' house, where they also heard a voice telling them to go to a grey door in Waterfall. Flowey got Frisk to go there, which was exactly what "Gaster" wanted. "Gaster" tried to take Frisk and injured Flowey before Sans and the others were able to escape. After getting some supplies from Sans' lab (you know the one), they teleported to the beginning of the Snowdin Forests. Sans is thinking that Toriel might be able to help them fix up Flowey and buff themselves for their next encounter with "Gaster".

And also, a Gaster Blaster to the face revealed that "Gaster" is not Gaster whatsoever. It's a different creature with a white, fox-like mask (hence the name of the RP).

Eh, it's fine. Change the SOUL and cause of death (as well as possibly giving the kid an actual connection with a monster that's not just "killed me") and items and it should be good.

Here's my human (Just using @Shmeee 's as a template):
Name: Nave (It's me! :D)
SOUL/Color: Integrity/Dark Blue
Personality: (don't really know what to put here XD)
Backstory: Nave was the fourth human to fall into the Underground . He was just coming back from his first ballet class (I have to fit the Ballet Shoes in somehow!). He didn't really enjoy it. So, he decided that it was his last class. Nave was hurt from the fall, but after a few minutes, he got up and started to look around. He met a talking flower, who as chased away by a talking goat-thing named Toriel. He needed to get out of wherever he was, so he convinced Toriel to let him out of the ruins. Since Sans and Papyrus weren't around when he fell, there were no skeletons to worry about. He easily made it past the dogs, bought a Bisicle from the Snowdin shop, and left. Arriving in Waterfall, he quickly befriended Shyren. He loved it's music. After making it through most of Waterfall, he encountered the Mad Dummy. The dummy wasn't very mad at the moment, so he let Nave through. However, Undyne saw him right from her house. She sent spears at him from all directions, not even giving him a spear to defend himself. He died very quickly, and Undyne brought his soul to Asgore. Shyren came by later, and hid his Ballet Shoes in some tall grass.
How He Died: ^^^ Undyne killed him right after he encountered Mad Dummy ^^^
Monster Connection: Shyren

Just a few things, Nave...
1) Calling your human Nave isn't very creative... Mind going with something else?
2) Again. We already have one Undyne death. There's a whole slew of monsters, have them die another way!

Just a few things, Nave...
1) Calling your human Nave isn't very creative... Mind going with something else?
2) Again. We already have one Undyne death. There's a whole slew of monsters, have them die another way!
Well, the Integrity soul was most likely killed by Undyne, though

Not really. Integ (as you called them) had a high chance of being killed by any hostile monster in Waterfall. Heck, Integ could have been killed anywhere and the items could just have been brought to where you find them in Waterfall by a monster who wanted to hide them.