• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ghastale: First Saga - The White Mask

(Discussion thread: https://pokecharms.com/threads/ghastale-the-white-mask.16738/)
[Current RPers: @Eeveechu151, @I Never, @Mewtwofan259, @Il Fantasma, @Shmeee, @OmegaNave]

"It's not working!"

Sans turned to his father, worried. "g, what's wrong?"
"The experiment failed. The CORE has too much built-up energy - it overloaded the Restoration Grid!" the head scientist, Gaster, said, a dark expression on his face. "We forgot to account for the possibility of an overload. It's destabilizing the whole lab!"
"This is bad." the fire man wearing the lab coat said, a strained look on his face.
"W-what can we do, Gaster?!" Gaster's assistant, Alphys, worked out between her chattering teeth.
"Minimize the damage." Gaster said, summoning his extra seven hands. He began furiously typing away at the command console. "I've cut the CORE off from the Determination Infuser. Now whatever feedback will be limited to the lab."
"Best case scenario, the above-ground and lowest levels of the lab will remain intact after this." a fifth monster - another scientist - said, also tapping away at the console. "We've got to get out of here. The power feedback is causing this place to fall apart even now. It's not safe. We're right above the catalyst. We've got to get out of here!"
"We can't! Not yet!" Gaster replied, working harder than ever. "We need to keep the SOULs intact, and we can't lose the little DETERMINATION we have!"
"We don't have time to retrieve them!" the scientist replied, trying to keep his cool. "We need to leave - NOW - before this lab falls down on our heads! Think of your SON, Gaster!"
"Sans, you need to teleport everyone out of here when I say." Gaster said, still typing. "There, the power's low enough that I can safely get the SOULs." Gaster ran over to the edge and sent his hands down to retrieve the four SOULs inside of the large Determination Infuser, as well as the cylinder with some red substance inside of it. As soon as the hands came up, the platform began to shake. The machine began to crackle again, and a part of the floor collapsed - sending the scientist falling to his death. Sans and Alphys gasped at the shocking event. Gaster threw the SOULs and DETERMINATION over to Alphys. "It's worse than I thought. I have to minimize the damage!"
"g, no! we have to leave!" Sans said, trying to stop his father. He was only beginning to learn how his magic worked, and couldn't teleport anyone outside of his range.
"I have to! The CORE itself could collapse in the aftermath, which could destroy the Underground!" Gaster quickly typed at his main command console, trying to drain the Determination Infuser of all its energy. Suddenly... the DI exploded. The shockwave propelled Gaster off of the platform, and hit Sans straight in the chest - knocking him back to the door.
"GO! NOW, SANS!" Gaster shouted, tumbling into the CORE. Sans teleported away - sub-consciously. The last sight of his father was of Gaster falling into the red, crackling abyss.

---

Sans woke up suddenly, sweat coursing down the back of his neck. He was at his outpost just at the beginning of Waterfall. the nightmare again? why does it keep reminding me of that day...? and why did it return after remaining dormant for so long? is it some kind of sign...? Sans broke himself out of his thoughts when he saw a young child wearing a blue-and-purple striped shirt walk in his direction. heh. the kid's getting pretty good at this. it's only been a few hours, and they're already this far. doesn't seem like they're doing genocide this time around, so i guess we can have a friendly chat.
"hey there, kid. fancy seeing you here." Sans said as Frisk walked up to his stand.
(I assume you know what point of the game this is, right? Frisk can talk, so tell us their reaction and thoughts of the situation.)

Last edited:
Frisk had just entered Waterfall, they noticed a save point and decided to walk up to it. "The sound of rushing water fills you with determination," and so Frisk saved.
As Frisk was walking, they noticed Sans in the booth he would always be in when he enters Waterfall. Frisk smiled, and said to Sans, "Hi there, Sans! Doing the usual I see?"

Last edited:
"yep. just hanging out, doing my job..." Sans then looked at his wrist. "not anymore, it looks like. time for my lunch break." The weird thing was that Sans had no watch on. "want to join me? i'm going to grillby's, and i know a short cut."

"cool." Sans said, walking over to a corner. Passing through a section where no one could see him and Frisk, he teleported them both to Grillby's. Entering, he waved to the patrons. They exchanged the regular greetings, and Sans sat down. "c'mon, sit down." Sans said. He saw Grillby finishing with a meal. "hey there, grillby. i'll take some ketchup with some extra burg- no wait, other way around. a burg with extra ketchup. what do you want, kid?" he asked Frisk.

As Frisk was teleported all the way to Grillby's by Sans, they couldn't help but feel dizzy. "Ugh, I feel sick," Frisk thought. Everyone in Grillby's was also greeting them, and Frisk greeted back.

Frisk sat down next to Sans, and said to Grillby, "Hi there, Grillby. I'll have the same as Sans." Frisk was still smiling.

Grillby smiled at his two best costumers. "Hello Sans, hello Frisk. Coming right up." Grillby said, walking into the kitchen and preparing their meals. When Grillby came back with Sans' and Frisk's food, he put an extra bottle of ketchup on the table and said, "Here, Sans. On the house." Grillby noticed the strange look on Sans' face as he was wiping the counter. "Something wrong?" Grillby asked.

Last edited:
"nothing you can help with, i'm afraid." Sans said, looking down a bit. "thanks for the burger." Sans chugged the extra bottle of ketchup. He really liked ketchup. "so, kid. there's something we've gotta talk about." Sans said as soon as Grillby was out of earshot.

Frisk took the burger, and said, "Thanks Grillby!"
Sans then told Frisk that he wanted to talk about something, and Frisk asked, "What is it?"

"the last timeline." Sans said, his eyes vanishing. He was getting extremely serious. He had every right to, because of what he was about to discuss.

Sans dodged the human's next attack, starting to sweat. What was with the kid this time? Sans knew they was getting good at this, but Frisk had become a killing machine. In fact... this might not even be Frisk doing it. He knew that Frisk had chosen to perform genocide of their own free will - which he found extremely strange - but what if Frisk hadn't had the resolve to finish things at the end? To finish HIM?
And what if something else had stepped in to finish the job?
This philosophy in mind shocked him. But... if it really was his old pal... maybe he could try reaching out one more time.
"ugh... that being said... you, uh, really like swinging that thing around, huh? ... listen. i know you didn't answer me before, but... somewhere in there. i can feel it. there's a glimmer of a good person inside of you. the memory of someone who once wanted to do the right thing. someone who, in another time, might have even been... a friend? c'mon, buddy. do you remember me? please, if you're listening... let's forget all of this, ok? just lay down your weapon, and... well, my job will be a lot easier." Sans looked at the human, and saw the hold on the blade loosen...

Then the 'human' slashed at him again.

Sans dodged away, sighing. "welp, it was worth a shot. guess you like doing things the hard way, huh?" Sans continued fighting with all he had. However, he kept talking. He knew he wasn't fighting Frisk... so he didn't have to hold back. But he still wanted to talk. "sounds strange, but before all this i was secretly hoping we could be friends. i always thought the anomaly was doing this cause they were unhappy. and when they got what they wanted, they would stop all this. and maybe all they needed was... i dunno. some good food, some bad laughs, some nice friends. but that's ridiculous, right? yeah, you're the type of person who won't EVER be happy. you'll keep consuming timelines over and over, until... well. hey. take it from me, kid. someday... you gotta learn when to QUIT. and that day's TODAY." Sans teleported to the other end of the corridor and used his hood to wipe the sweat off his head. "cause... y'see... all this fighting is really tiring me out. and if you keep pushing me... then i'll be forced to use my special attack. yeah, my special attack. sound familiar? well, get ready. cause after the next move, i'm going to use it. so, if you don't want to see it, now would be a good time to die." Sans unleashed an extremely rapid and powerful volley of attacks to try and kill his enemy. To kill IT. "well, here goes nothing... are you ready? survive THIS and i'll show you my special attack!" Sans unleashed a stronger volley. Somehow, IT survived. "huff... puff... all right. that's it. it's time for my special attack. are you ready? here goes nothing."

Sans stood there and waited. IT was trapped in a box, so IT couldn't attack him.

"
yep. that's right. it's literally nothing. and it's not going to be anything, either. heh heh heh... ya get it? i know i can't beat you. one of your turns... you're just gonna kill me. so, uh. i've decided... it's not gonna BE your turn. ever. i'm just gonna keep having MY turn until you give up. even if it means we have to stand here until the end of time. capiche?
you'll get bored here. if you haven't gotten bored already, i mean. and then, you'll finally quit. i know your type. you're, uh, very determined, aren't you? you'll never give up, even if there's, uh... absolutely NO benefit to persevering whatsoever. if i can make that clear. no matter what, you'll just keep going. not out of any desire for good or evil... but just because you think you can. and because you "can"... ... you "have to". but now, you've reached the end. there is nothing left for you now. so, uh, in my personal opinion... the most "determined" thing you can do here? is to, uh, completely give up. and... (yawn) do literally anything else." Sans waited. And so did it. The only problem was... Sans was getting tired. IT wasn't. Sans started to fall asleep.
It started to push the clear, magic box, moving it closer and closer to Sans. As soon as he was in range... IT attacked.
Sans dodged behind it. "heh, didja really think you would be able-"

It slashed Sans across the chest.

Sans gasped in shock. How? It had moved faster than any human was physically capable of.
This meant it wasn't human.
"...so... guess that's it, huh? ... just... don't say i didn't warn you. welp. i'm going to grillby's." Sans said jokingly, knowing they would be his last words. He stumbled over to the side, clutching his chest. Using his other hand, he took out the red scarf he had been holding inside his sweater.
"papyrus, do you want anything?" Sans asked, as he started to dissolve into dust.

Then he heard something weird.
Crying?

Sans glanced over at the human. A single tear drop ran down the side of their face. Frisk? Sans knew that if there was any hope of saving Frisk... he would have to give all that he had.

Sans tossed the DETERMINATION he had to Frisk in a ball of light, it streaking through the human's back.

Sans sighed, accepting his fate. He had tried his best to stop it. But hopefully, he could still save Frisk. Frisk was the only one who could save them.

---
A white glow emanated from Asgore's castle. Miraculously, Sans had yet to fully disappear. He smiled as the warm glow of the RESET covered him and restored the timeline to how it had been before...

.̷̤̱͍̟̽̉͋̐.̷̨̡͚̥͉̰̪͕̑̌͋̀̑̿͘.̷̛̗̰̲̦̅̅̒̿͐̑͘͝͝b̸̠̭̑ȕ̴̧͈̤̯̜̖̹͙̯̈̓͐̿͌̿̕͝t̶̜́̿ ̵̛̼͕͎̻͕̯͈͈̻̈͆̾̐͑̋͛̍̄͘d̵̢̠̦̬̭̙͖̜͚͐͛̽͝ͅį̵͚͉̟̜͈̃d̶̳̹̞̠̙̬̝̙͖̪͐͆́̎ ̷̦̮͚͌̎͝͠ị̷̧̱̥̻̥͇̬̙̀͐̉̆͜ẗ̵̢͖̬̞͕͂͐̈́̏̌̇̈́̇̈́̚ ̸̨̗͔̗̼͈̲͇͚̾͛͂͋̕͜͝r̴͕̗̦̙͈̜̔̐̓́̏̃͌͗e̷̥͉̱̓̉̌̊a̶̡̟͚̘̲͓̯̱̮̤͈͆̾̓l̸̤̫̠̪̙̆̓̃̈́̃̀̈͗͘̚ĺ̶̞̳̤̦͑͂̓͑̒̄̕y̴̨͈̼̻̬̳͈̎́̆́̃̇͜?̶̗̦̣̭̳̙̼̣̻͚́̄

Sans was serious, now. "talking business here, kid. what the hell happened then?"

Frisk stood there in silence, they didn't know what to say. Frisk was able to remember that timeline detail by detail, to how they killed Toriel, Papyrus, and all of their other firends. Frisk was just able to say, "I don't know, Sans. And I don't really want to talk about it."

"well, i'm afraid we have to." Sans said, a grim expression on his face. "in that timeline, something else appeared. and took control of you. i don't know what it is, but i know it's dangerous. and... it kind of scares me, to be honest. whatever it is, it has enough DETERMINATION to take over someone full of it. and it would use that DETERMINATION to kill people."

Frisk started tearing up, and they put their burger back in its plate. Frisk then said, "See you later, Sans," and they started heading towards the exit of Grillby's.

Sans teleported in front of Frisk, causing some of the patrons to turn to the conflict. "we've got to talk about this, human." Sans said, a grim expression.
But before he continued, he sensed something.
the door...!
"meet me back at my house later. we'll continue this discussion then." Sans finished, teleporting away.

Flowey had been listening to the whole conversation. He disappeared when he saw Sans and Frisk coming. When they went away, Flowey popped back up. "You better not tell them anything interesting!" Flowey said. He popped up in Sans' room. "Some secrets are better left kept, Smiley Trashbag. The human has secrets even you don't know."

"and you think you do, petals?" Sans said, a grim visage on his face. "i remember the past timelines, just like you do. so in truth... i would know anything that you do about that kid. and don't try to steal the SOULs again. i'll be ready if you do. now then..." Sans was restocking on Gaster Blasters in his lab, and looked at the picture of himself, Gaster, how Grillby used to look and another scientist. They had taken that photo the day before... Gaster fell. "don't follow me. and don't harm the human. if you come with me, then you might just meet your maker." Sans then teleported away.

He reappeared within Waterfall, and saw what he expected. A large, grey door. Sans sighed, mentally bracing himself. He opened the door, knowing what was inside... and what he'd have to face again.

Flowey sighed. "Why won't he listen?" Flowey scanned the room, focusing on a picture of Sans and a few other scientists. Gaster... He was a good man. Flowey had met him a few times, he was completely different then when he was alive. He was dangerous. Flowey then knew where Sans was going. Flowey's eyes widened as he said, "He doesn't know what he's dealing with! He's going to get himself killed! I have to stop him." Flowey then disappeared back into the ground, knowing very well where he was going.

Frisk was beyond nervous, they didn't know how to explain this situation to Sans, but they had to tell him something. So Frisk decided to go to his house, and he wasn't there. But Papyrus was, and he offered Frisk some spaghetti. Frisk just stayed there, eating Papyrus' spaghetti, and waiting for Sans.

Right before Sans stepped through the door, he saw Flowey appeared. "look, i know what you're about to say. and you've probably figured out what i'm about to do. but this doesn't concern you, and i've handled this before. every single RESET, i return here and take him down. then i shut the door. it won't be any different this time. so just don't get in my way."

Back at Sans' house, Frisk heard a voice in their mind.

H̷̡̲̝̲̝̀́e̷̮̠͎͌̀͒̈́ļ̸̩͘l̴̨͈̙̻̳͊͊͠ò̶͈̟͊̕̚ ̸̙͕͉͐̿͊t̷͈̠̍̓͗h̵̡̛̗̰͖ȅ̴͓ȓ̵̦̟̱̠̦̓̂͆̚e̸̡͇̤͔̔̚,̴̛͉̜̦̉̀ ̵͚͆͌̈́͊̈́c̷̢̹̰̝͔̅̔͂h̵̢̤̫̟̀́͛̐́ͅi̶̘͇̽̈́l̷̤͔͕͚͕̈́ď̷̼̀̿͘.̷̢̼̻̱̿ ̵̳́W̶̱͉̋̈́̆̽o̶̡̺̜̤̿͘n̵͚̅͛͆̚d̵̫̭̜̔e̷͙͔͍̪̔͌͂͂̊r̵̲̞̭͍̟̈́͛ȉ̵̗͒̇n̴̪̦̾̅͌̒g̸͖̍̀̓ ̸͓͗͗̍͝w̸̛̤͌̽̉h̸̞̮̔̏̽e̴̢̘̽r̶̡̖͔̼̊͛ę̵̹̣̦̣̈́̄̆̀ ̵̝͙̑͌S̵̱̲͇͌̄͗ͅą̶̼̻͓̙̋̓̀̊̏n̴̙̠͂͜ś̵̲̮̮̮̽ ̵̡̠̗̋͜͜ẁ̸̡̛̜̝̑̂̿ȩ̴̡͔̮̗͂̒ǹ̸͚͉̗̹̎t̵̛̼̱̹̜̅̈?̶̨͎̳̦͠

Flowey had flashbacks. Terrible flashbacks. In this one timeline, he tried to bring Gaster back. Gaster was able to return, but something snapped inside him, and suddenly, the underground were either dead or left for dead. Gaster's power was unmatchable. And this time, something was different. Flowey sensed a powerful force, more powerful than anything he had ever felt. If he didn't do something, Sans would... Before Flowey could say anything, the door closed, and Sans was nowhere to be seen.

Sans had entered the door, which was now covered by darkness.
"hey there, g. it's been a while."

I̶̧̬̗̿̆͊ͅn̴̫͗d̷͈́̓̂̍ȅ̶̠͓̇͗ȩ̶̟̮̓͛͐͠d̴̙͝,̸̙̖̻͈̯́̍̚ ̴͈̺̗̯̌̽ḭ̸̤͈͊t̶͕̺̍̓͑̇͌ ̵̛̟̕͜͠ḫ̶͎͚̰̳͋á̴͓̏͝s̷̪̄̀͑̉ ̴̞̫̭̉b̶̡̧̨̹̳̌̔̂́́ë̴̟́ȩ̵̞̩̳̈̃͐͛̐n̵̛̠̐̇̄.̴̧̝͐ ̷͇̾̀̋̃̀Ǐ̸̼̯̥̠̃̿́ ̷̮͉̠̲̜͌̂̇̚͝p̴̪͖̮̅r̶̜͋͘̚e̷̩͘ṣ̵̨̛̣̗̀̓̃͝u̴̝̲̲̮̖̾͋m̸͕͔̬͝͝ë̸̟̥͍́͜ ̴̮̓̈̋̚y̸̢̮͍̟͇͌͐̔͊͝o̸̘̅ũ̸͔̎͜ͅ'̸̗̤̹̀̇ṙ̷̹͑̿͘e̸̺̖̘̻̺̅̊̌̓͑ ̷̧͕̣̲̯́̑̓͌̚h̷̺̗̲̗̮͆͑͝ȩ̵̙̓́̅͛̕r̵͎̙͖̀̒̋e̸̩͓͐ ̶̧͍̉̓͝ͅẗ̷͖͇̱̬ơ̴̮̍̿ ̷̤̹̟̹̋̈́̅ķ̶͎͒͊̈́e̶͔̭̳̘̻͑̀̔͂ȩ̷̢̛͊͊p̷̪̺͖̟̑̽̌̉͊ ̸̧̬̣̘͑̾m̷̭̫͔͇̻͐̓͒̒̚ḙ̸̗̯͆̑ ̴̮̤̱̪̭̾̅i̶͍̳͚̔̂n̸͍͗͜ ̷̣͙͗̏̌ẗ̸̬̜͉̝̝́̌̎h̶̨͍͍̰̐e̸̟̰̯̞̊̈̀͝ ̶̩͍̘̌V̶͍͂̒͌̕o̷̰̫̞͌î̸̥̱̙̠̅̎d̸͙̙̑̀̐̊͘,̸̻̙͕̭̀ ̵̖͍̟͂́́͝a̶̢̫̼͌̈́̔̿͠ṡ̷͎̂ ̶͎͕̗̞͆̅̊ṵ̵̭̪̽͆s̸͔͑̽̊ư̷̠̟̋̄̎ā̵̖̂̕l̷̍̊̽̚ͅ?̶̰̖̄͛̓

"it's for your own good, g. i'm working on a way to bring you back already. just hold on."

Ḯ̴͕̎̓̉ ̶̫̰̃̾̓̃͘ḫ̶̡̖̔̄̋ͅa̸̮͙̿̈́̈́̎͠v̶̯̦̄̀e̴͔̠͐̑͒̔̃ ̵̼̮̙̌̇̈́͂̎p̸͎̈́̌̌̅ṙ̵̢̰̠̤͜ȩ̸̟̜̳̻̌̇s̴̠͙͚͈̳̊͝s̴͚̱͓͐̇̑͜͠i̷̫͋ņ̵̓̐͋̃͑g̵̲̑ ̷̛̪͖͍̀̈͂̚b̴̛̥͇͈̙̈́͑͝u̶̢͎͘s̵͓͍̞̃̏͒̋i̷͌ͅṋ̷̨̤̐̎͛̚ͅe̴̩̻̥͎̾s̵̨̡̰̣͑̌̽̀͝s̵̙̣̮̅̃͆ ̸̯͇͊͒͋̊̌t̶̤̋̔͆o̵͓̻̍͊ ̷͔̞͎̯̔͌͠͠ģ̷̻̯̗̮͗̒͋̽e̶͎̠͚̻̊̆͠t̷̛͍͎̗̗̿ ̶̢̈ẗ̸̜̲̙̠̣́̌̚͝͠o̸̢̾̆̀,̵̜͉̜̼̅̍̇ ̸̗͊̀S̸̮̀͂̓͋ͅä̸̼̟̠̜̐͗̓ǹ̴̤ͅs̷̭̙̩̗̓.̶̬̪̭̩̒͛ ̵̦̲͌̈́I̵͓̝̤̟͋͐͝ ̴̞̱͖̆͘c̸̫̩̐̋́̃a̶̮͓͒͋̃͐n̵͎̫̊̈́'̸̨̞̀t̴̪̰̉ ̶̪̬̜̀ͅͅẅ̷̡̧̺͈͇a̸̛̬̫͚̪̒̀ȉ̵̢̻̱͚͋̏̀ͅt̴̯̯͔̮͆̾͗ ̴̘̤̥̖̖̀͋ạ̵̮̬̮́̊̾͋̕ň̴̜̰̈͝y̶̱̱̓̏͌̐͐ ̵͖̓̍͝͠ͅͅl̴̬͙̀͘ò̶̗̬͚́̓̑͠n̶̡̠̜̉̔̈́̓̾ģ̴̭͚̝͎̈́̇ė̵̝̫͎̇r̷̢̄̆͋̈́̚.̴͖͈̟͊ ̴̨̥̑͠͝Ḇ̷͖̳͖̋ẹ̸̼̘̞̌͂s̸̭̣͉̳̀͘i̶̡͕̩̎̐̓d̸̦̞̎e̴̜͓͍̲̘̾̎̑̔̔ṣ̷̬̹̈́̈́̀̒̉,̷͉̜͖̚ ̵͉̟͕̟̘̏́͝h̸͕͉̙̅́͗̕͠ó̴̮̤̪̤̈́̐̌w̵͖̭̩̹͕͝ ̷̡̞̘̩̪̎̿m̵͖̓͊ȃ̶̻͔́̒n̶͍̯̩̱̂̈̀̚y̸̨̠̘̻̐̊̚͝ ̵͕͗̌t̴̢̫̼͇̭͊i̴̧̜̺̫̮̿̊̀͆͝ṃ̵͔̼̭̊͌̆e̸̯̙̬̻̣̓̓͝š̵̢̧̤̟͂̿ ̵̢̓̐̌h̵͔͈͔̻́̂̓͌͜͝ä̶̳͚̤͖̱́̓́̋̓v̴̮̘͇̈̕͘ē̸͖͖͖̎̄ ̸̖͔͖̼̄̈́͗y̵͙̳͝o̷̖͎̻̎͂̇ư̷̧͎̻̻̒͆ ̵̬̫̟͇̒̏ṭ̵͛͌̈́̋r̸̭͖̊̊͜ͅi̸̝͑̅͂̀e̸͙̯͙͋͑͝d̵̤̰̔̊̂ ̴̢̙̈̒̒̌̈́t̸͖̘̑h̵̥̓a̵͎͚̐t̸̨̢̘̱͛̌̔͠ͅ ̴̧̂̈̀̀o̵̗̭̮̖̊̔ͅl̸̡̬̣̗̂͗́͂d̸͎͓̝͗͆̐̌̌ ̸̛̬͆̈͊͝ͅm̶̢̹̺̚ạ̸̬̟̒̓c̴̖͊͌͌̏͝h̸̤͈̟̙̉͂̾̕i̶̛̱͙̩n̷͈͈͛͛̄̐ë̶̛̫̲͎͈͙͠ ̸͇̯̹̐̈́a̴͍̠̋l̵̯͇̫͇͍̈̄̓̕r̴̳̠̗̖͍̀̓e̶̯͊̈́̐̀a̶̧͚̮̦͖̓̔̐̽d̵̹̤͚̱̂̓̂y̷̬͕͓̥͊͐ͅ?̵̹̌̉͂͐

"i've almost cracked it. you'll come back soon, g. but for now..." Sans summoned two Gaster Blasters to his sides. "i'm afraid i'm going to have to take you down."

As Frisk was eating the plate of spaghetti, they heard go through their heads. They shouted, "Who's there! And what if I am wondering where he's at, why do you care?" Frisk had never heard this voice before. Papyrus just stared at Frisk confused, and he asked if they were doing okay. Frisk looked at him, and said, "Oh, sorry Paps. I'm fine."

Flowey knew he should do something, so he did. Flowey burrowed back into the ground. He reappeared in Sans' and Papyrus' house. To distract Papyrus, Flowey went over and unplugged the stove where the spaghetti was cooking. "Kid!" Flowey whispered to Frisk. "Sans is in trouble. Make your determination useful and come with me!"

I̸̧̡̥̒͗͑̽ ̵̢̢̙͎̞̓c̸̪̄͆́a̵̯̜̤̔̊n̵̝͓͗͂ ̷̮̲͍̙͓̕̚t̴̞̎͌e̶̢͕̤̲̻͗͝l̵̙̦̥̋͒̾l̸̰̝̞̓́̎ ̵̤̺̔́͛̀͝y̶̖͕͕͕̖͊̓̈́͆o̶̧̬̳̗̪͒̊u̴̬̪̘͍͎̔́̑̕͘ ̸͙͆̊̀̆ẁ̸̛̤̽͛̓h̵̥͍͊̊̒̔̚ë̵̞́̓̅́̍r̴̯̼̈́̒͜e̶̗͍͂̅͌̓͠ ̸̮̟͆̀t̴̝̤̒͌̀ò̶͈̘̂ ̷̰̽̾f̸͕͍̟͗̓͛̀ỉ̷̬͓̰̳̔̕ͅǹ̵̗̩̻͔̄͂͌d̵̦̗̙̈̚ ̷̛̗̳̈̈́̓̂͜h̵͎̆̍̄į̴͈͍̺̆̀m̴̪̠͙̆̃̌̌ the voice said. Ĝ̸̗̫̼̖ͅo̶̳̙̠̤͙͋͗̈̀ ̴̠͇̗͍͑͗t̷̫̹͛̍ȯ̷̢̭̹͍̣̌̓̚ ̴͍͕̤̏͛W̴̨̗̫̐͗̒a̶̤̳̥̓̍̅t̷͎̤̮̙̎ȇ̴͕̈̇r̶̥̻̠̓̊f̶̘̟͒̍a̵͚̬͒́͆͘͠l̶̰͚̭͑͊l̴̖̣͛̓͆̀̎ͅ ̴͎̓̾͗͛͗-̷̧̡̯̜͋͑ ̸͔̟̳̠͗e̸̟̳͖̩̐̆v̷̯͖̻͖͗͜è̸̯͙̫̎n̸͔̿̈́t̵͖̣̻̐͝u̶̩̤̾͒͒̃͘a̷̫͉̦͈̾͋̃l̷̻̭͕̣̱̇̀̓̍̃ļ̴̱͚̼̫̓͂́͘ỵ̶̨̧̍̋́̌̚ ̷̺̯̭̙̤̏̌͐̈́̿y̵̨̥̥͘ͅò̷̝̟u̸̗͉̟̻̮̒̽'̸̧̧̗̤͚̀͋ļ̷̯̯̼͑̍͗̚͝l̸̰̟͕̩̳̅̾̎̏ ̷͝ͅf̵̨͎̤͕͍͗̈́̓̌ȋ̸̫̩͈͜n̷͉̓̇d̴͙̜̣̻́̂͛̕ ̵͚͗̽̿̚a̷̯̤͙͋̌͠ ̵̣͇̫͍͛l̴̡̧̙̟͍̂̐̕ǎ̸̪̱̯͕͐͛r̴̡̕g̴͎͓̒͆͘ḙ̶̘̟̪͑̉̋̓͝,̷̜͚̩͛̂̅͛̕ ̷̫̺̉̇g̶̛̜̗̹̯̐͗́̉r̸̪̘̟̘̾̎́ĕ̷͈̰͖̪͙̑͘y̷͖̺̯̳̪͐̊̌̀̉ ̷̣͔͘͝d̶̜̲̞̲̱̾̌̽̓ǫ̸̟͔̳̾̍͐ỏ̸̥̘̂̌͊̿r̴͉̝͖̆͛̓̋̕.̵͍̖̇̌͐̀̚ ̸̘̹̺͔̠͝E̸͇̻͓͚͐̉n̶̗̈́t̸͔̺̄͆̅͝ė̴̲̭͎͝ͅr̴̦̳̳̪̓̕ ̷̺͈̱́͊́̽i̸̛͖͑̓t̵̢̨̘̝̍͒͛ͅ.̵̪̦͋͌͊̇͘

Meanwhile, Gaster and Sans were fighting. Blaster for blaster, bone for bone. They were matched in combat.
"what's your game, g?" Sans asked, teleporting out of the way of another shot.

Ǹ̶̢̜̟̰ȍ̶͈͔̈́͂n̵̲̣̺̺̜̾̓̆ě̵̺͚̣̇,̶̢̩̬̙̲̋̓̃ ̴̭̩̈̅͐͝͝å̵̘̹͆̇t̶͎̆͒͋̔̔ ̷̥̳͈͚̤͂́t̶̛̯͕͐͒̂͠h̵̩͙̔̿͊͋ę̷̟̙̒̈́̑ ̴͉͇̪͔̬̾̋̈m̸̛̘̙̻ò̸̢m̷͓͙͓̤̤̈́̑̒͋e̷̝͖͒͑̽ṉ̵̨̽̈̀̓t̸̡̟̗̜̣̄.̶̧̡͕̱͍͊͝ ̶̧͈̈́͠M̵̛̻͕͚͂ͅy̷̬̓͑̾͘ ̸͈̟̰̱̫̈́̾̃̓p̶̦̘̬͂̈́̔̚l̴̩̭͙͑͐̏̉̈́a̵̮͈̪̓n̵͉̮̔̀s̴̭͍̪̹̘̉ ̴̨͝a̵̩͇̎͂̎͊r̸̲̗͍̯̪͛̊͂e̷̖̣̠͐̓̕͝ ̷̟͂̐å̵̞̱͙͚̲l̶͎̗̙͓̖̆͝r̷̨͓̼͗e̶̢̧̻̗̔̽͂̚̕a̸̰͋ḓ̸̗̬̙͊̍͗̈́͌y̶̛̤̜͘ ̴̥̯͇̭̾͐͋͝ì̴̙̯̃̏̃͘ņ̸̳͇̩͗̈̚ ̸͍̙̳̞̉m̶̧̳̱͍͘o̴̮̠̊ṯ̶̮̻̈̈́̒̔i̶̬̐̿͒̏͐ͅơ̵͈͎̪͕̜̎͝͠n̶͉͋͋̊.̷̖̩͙͍͍͗͂̏͘͝

Frisk noticed Flowey, and exclaimed, "Flowey!? What are you doing here?" Flowey just told Frisk to follow him. Frisk didn't know what Flowey meant, but they decided to follow him, anyways. Frisk then heard the voice again, and they looked at Flowey, and said, "Where are you going to take me?"

Flowey and Frisk went to the door in Waterfall. Flowey was panting, and he told Frisk, "If you hear a voice in your head, ignore it!" Flowey burst open the door and knocked Sans out of the way of an attack. Flowey readied his vines and said, "You told me I'd meet my maker. News Flash, I already had. Neither you or I could beat Gaster, Sans. Not like this. We need a pinch of Determination. Frisk, now!"

"FLOWEY, WHAT DID YOU JUST-" Sans exclaimed, shocked at the turn of events.

H̷̢̝̖͙̐͊̃͗͠ͅA̵̢̟̱̿̊͛̐H̸̡̭̪̩̕A̵̝̳͚̓H̷͙̰̮̺̊A̵͉͑͒H̷̛̳͉̆͋͌̈Ä̴̳̻̥́H̷͔̑A̶͖̬͌̆!̸̥̭̊͋ ̶͓̐͋̾F̷͖̫̝̼͙͂̀͋̉L̶͎̲̥̩͐͘͜Ȯ̴̦̿̒͠W̴̡͔̙̒̀Ē̸̛̟̱͐Ÿ̷̠̰́͌̊͋ͅ,̴͚̓͐͗̍̔ ̵͓́̋̈Y̶̜̌̌͂ͅỎ̵̳̱̳U̷̡̪̣̓̿͒͝͝ ̴̧̝̃͂F̴̧̩͖̤͆Ŏ̴̳̩Ó̸͈͕̪̳͌̀͠L̸̳͈͓̖̾͊ͅ!̴̧̩̖̐̐̉̔ Gaster said, sending out a tendril which grabbed Frisk and pulled them over to him. Y̷̖̽ȏ̴̻̞̱̭͒͒͑u̶̡̦̮̣͓̍ ̷̢͓͚͓̋̅̏͗p̶̟̖̽̂͌̈l̴͉͉̯̟͈͑͗̑ą̶̠͔͚̎̓̚ȳ̷̢̟̣̼͗̈͝e̴̩͂̚d̵̖̠̬͔͗̽̀̂̕ ̴͇̫̰͍͓͛̐r̶̤̖̀͌̊͘͠i̵̺͎͕̒͂͘͝g̴̜͙͕͌͝͝h̴̩͚̳̽̇t̴͓̠̦̄̀̂̕͝ ̵̳̥͕̓̎̎͝į̵̡͇̔̏͆n̸̛͍̰̺̊̏̎͑t̸͚̖͍̺̙̔o̶͈͇͓̾̑̕ ̵͉̍̂̊͠m̵͆ͅy̷͇̖͙̌͒̂̚ ̶͉̤̙͓͖̏h̶̥͆a̸͇̭̦̠̖̐n̵͈̜͛͐̽̔ͅḓ̷̤̑̔s̴̲͆̐͆͐.̸̧͔͎́͒͌ ̶̝͕̥̫̕T̴̮̅H̴̝͓̦͉͒̈́̑̀I̵̖̺̟̰͍͒S̵̠͂̓̕ ̴̲̭̖̌͋i̴͖̭̋̈́͌́s̵̖̦̋̔̔̑͜ ̸͔̭̘̥̐̈͠m̶͈̟̐ȳ̶̡̧̛̀͐͜͠ ̸̺̎̑̓͝g̸̓̐͜ơ̴̙͕̖͑̎̾ḁ̸̛͗͝l̴̲̦͍̤̣̂͆!̷̡͈̺̤͂͐͒̈́͝ͅ

"If we weren't in such danger right now, I'd kill you where you stand, flower." Sans said, his blue eye glowing brighter than ever.

"Which is exactly why I brought them." Flowey laughed. Flowey grabbed Frisk with his vines, and pulled them backwards. "If you want them." Flowey got ready. He pulled out a bunch of thorny vines. "Then you're going to have to get through me. Flowey ushered Frisk to a safe corner. "Your Determination is strong, Frisk. Beleive in yourself! Sans and I can handle this. But if we can't, take this." Flowey handed Frisk a sword. It was made of a metal designed to destroy magical beings. "Besides, I'm going to die, anyways. Consider this something to remember me by." Flowey jumped forward, swinging vines.

Gaster just stared at Flowey, and a shadowy tendril knocked him to the side.
"frisk, get out of here. NOW!" Sans shouted, now scared for Frisk's safety. There was a reason he always did this alone.

Ą̴̹̤̾͋h̵̫͚͂,̶̰͙̬̈́̓ ̴̺͕͈̿ȁ̶̹̎̈́̀̏h̶͈̹̺̯͆̍̔̄͒,̷̡̳̘̽̏ ̷̨̻͙̻̌͗͝a̶͈̐͠h̸̼̓́̑!̷͇̣̈́͐̍ ̸̟͉͐͋̃͝N̸̨̗̠̅̀̂o̶̲̙̰͍̝̾̿͒̏ ̴̢͓̜̀́͑͘͠ȅ̴̡͍̼̰̄ś̶͓̙̬c̴͍̍̊͂̅a̴̼͉̽̌͛̃p̵̬̺͛͋͂̇ì̵̯̱̲̏͝n̵͉̟͚̆̽̕g̸͎͙͠ ̸̟͛̏͜-̴̢̪͔̪͓͆ ̷̩̪̭̃͋͐͝n̷̡̊̓̇̈́ǫ̸̖͇͎̀̀̈́͠͝t̸͍̔͗̌͘ ̴̥̈̔ͅw̸̰̄h̶̫̾͊̏́̈́ë̸̖͉́́̿͝n̵̬̙͑ ̵͙̙͓̬̺͆̈́̚I̵͍̎'̷̠̂̑͝m̸̗̗̯͓̥̆̑̀͌̀ ̵̢͋t̷̨̬̓h̴͕͖͆͑̄̋̍ĩ̸̛͓̓s̷̢̭͛̈̕ ̸͕̺̂̋̈́c̵̨͓̝̞̗̒̓̀l̷̻͖̐͋̌̈o̷̡͌͂s̴̡͈̙̺̜͂̔̾ȇ̵̖͐͆.̴̙̠̪͕̣̀͑̃͂̿ Gaster said, covering the door with a black, shadowy substance. Now they couldn't escape through there.

Frisk held the sword in his hand that was given to him by Flowey. They shouted, "I will not FIGHT! I don't want to go through all of that again!"

Frisk noticed Sans get hurt, and that Sans wanted him to escape, and they were, but then the weird being shut off the exit. Frisk didn't know what to do, and he was scared.

"this is why i told you not to follow me, flowey..." Sans said, readying another Gaster Blaster. It fired straight at Gaster, and it hit its mark.
Then fragments of Gaster's face began to fall off.
"...you're... not gaster..." Sans said, a shocked look on his face.
The remnants were revealed to be a white, fox-shaped mask and a black bulge of darkness. Y̶̛̘̞͔̏͗́̚o̷͍̗̲͔͆͂̎̕u̴͓̤̹̙͓̍'̴̡͇͉͗̑̔̋ř̷̟̖̼̱̎̓̇̀ę̷̟̱͓̒͆̆̊̍ ̸͔͇͓̭̂͛r̴̳̞͔͖͋̓̎i̵̤̟̠̜̓ǧ̴̳̦͖͝h̷͇̲̼̱̗͛̍t̷̘̗̙͑̾̚͜͝,̵̨̳̲͍͇́̈̆͘ ̸̖̱̣͙̲̾̇S̴͔̀̀̄̚a̸̞͓̮͊̿̈́n̷̙̥̙̕ș̶͍͇͎͂̒͛̈́̀.̵͓̖͈̬̖̇͠ ̵̦̱͂̾́̕I̵̠͌'̷̨͇̘̺̤̏̈́͐̈m̵͕̲̪̳̉ͅ ̶̧̛̲̝͈̯̆̐n̴͓͇̭̥̍͛ȏ̶̦̗t̷̳̏̓̆͛ ̴͉͋͌̔͠G̸̺͕̟̥̗̽͋̇a̶̞̖̝̠͔̋̾̈́̐̀s̸̡͕̳̗̋̂ţ̶͈̮̹͛ḗ̴̡̪̰̣͘r̸͔̤̲̈.̴̗̃͋̌̚ The... THING said.

Flowey's vines caught the ceiling, stopping his fall. What is that thing? Flowey sung his tendrils and grabbed ???'s neck. Flowey tried to pull ??? up, but he was too heavy. Flowey was pulled downwards, realizing what was about to happen. "Frisk..." Flowey said, choking. "I'm sorry." Flowey took all of his leftover energy and used it to knock ??? into the wall. Flowey crawled to the wall, defeated. "Finish this, Sans. Frisk..." Flowey dug a hole in the wall, Frisk's size. "??? will chase after you, lead him to the core. Sans will handle it from there."

"for all your faults, i'm not leaving you to die." Sans said. Grabbing Frisk and Flowey, he teleported them out through the hole. "we have to get back to my lab. there might be something there that can help us, and we need to heal flowey." Sans grabbed a rock and plugged the hole, preventing whatever that thing was from getting out.

Flowey let his eyes rest for a little bit. "I'm tired. I'm just going to go to sleep." Flowey said before passing out. "Yo, what is this?" Asked a voice. A kid without arms came around the corner. Monster Kid came over to the group. "Yo, are you a human? I can tell by your striped shirt. What's with the sleeping flower? Is this some kind of dream?" He said, pondering the situation.

Last edited:
Frisk noticed Monster Kid, and said, "Oh, um...hi there. Yeah, I'm a human. And no this isn't a dream, or at least I don't think it is." Deep down Frisk kinda wished it was a dream. Frisk was looking at Sans, in a way that was trying to tell him what they should do about Monster Kid.

"no, this isn't a dream. unfortunately. you need to leave, kid. GO!" Sans grabbed Frisk and Flowey again, and teleported them into the secret lab under Sans' house. "whatever that thing is, we have to find a way to fight it. but we'll need flowey to do so. is there a way to heal him here...?"

"I need to stop eating those Echo Flowers..." Monster Kid mumbled as he walked away. Flowey opened his eyes in the lab. He recognized this place, Gaster used to use it for his experiments. Flowey kept mumbling about how it was all his fault and that he didn't deserve this, until eventually he said out loud, "Why are you doing this?"

"because if that's what i think it is, then we'll need all the help we can get in facing it." Sans said, rummaging through one of his desks. Opening one, he took out a badge. "frisk, put this on." Sans kept looking, but couldn't find what he was looking for. "dang it... nothing we can use to strengthen flowey's SOUL. hmm... hey, kid. you know anyone that might be able to help heal him?"

Flowey laughed, "I don't have a soul." He had enough strength to pull himself up and ask, "Can I explain?" Without waiting for a response, Flowey finished, "There's a reason I brought Frisk. A reason I gave them the sword. There's a reason I wanted them to fight. There's someone I know who can beat that thing." Flowey looked over at Frisk. "An old friend."

"if you plan on bringing out that demon, flowey...!" Sans said, his eyes darkening. "I will kill you where you stand." Sans then sighed. "welp, looks like there's nothing here that can help flowey. if he doesn't have a SOUL, then that makes things a hell of a lot harder to heal him. maybe tori could help...?"