• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Genesect Officially Revealed

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
649.png

After a prerelease showing of the up-coming fifteenth Pokémon movie in Japan, Kyurem VS the Sacred Swordsman: Keldeo, a teaser was shown for the sixteenth movie which will be released sometime next year. The teaser didn't show much, but it did show a flying disk which later transformed into Genesect, a Pokémon which until now hadn't been officially revealed. Genesect is a rare Bug and Steel type Pokémon which has had some dealings with Team Plasma in the past who modified it at some stage to place a powerful cannon on its back among other things. The Pokémon has its own signature move called Techno Blast which changes type depending on which of the four special Drive items the Pokémon is holding.

It is currently unknown just how Genesect will be given to fans, but it's quite safe to bet it'll be given to tie-in with the release of the sixteenth movie much like how Keldeo is being given to fans who go and see Kyurem VS the Sacred Swordsman: Keldeo.

Read More

I really wonder how they're going to do this movie when Team Plasma hasn't even appeared in the show. Unless this whole movie is a Team Plasma story, which would be nice.

Since this movie comes out in July 2013, I wonder if there will be nay type of new game in September of that year. But since the last movie of each gen focuses on a new legendary (Latios/Latias, Manaphy, Zoroark), I assume this isn't the last BW movie.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
As if Drizzle teams needed anything else to cement their dominance this generation.

Either way, Genesect is boss and I look forward to him.

Sweet, finally, I can find out about this guy without hacking/spoilers. I really home that Genesect gets to destroy hella lot of stuff in the movie. I want to see him shoot down some large airborne ship, that would be epic!

And hopefully we might, though more than likely not, see a gen. 6 Pokemon in a short? You know, to make it more reminiscent of Generation 1, though, again, I highly doubt it, considering this would be the third film of the generation, and more than likely we won't see anything until movie...say...5?

Where was I? Oh yeah, Can't wait for Genesect.

The 'flying disk' part is intriguing. It has already been revealed that Genesect was rejected from Team Plasma's goals or use (I don't remember for sure) because it was not 'pure,' or unmodified. This implies that it may have some robotic type moves such as Charge.