• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Generation 1 Singles Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
CAH_zpsxiwidn3m.png

As this is the last tournament we'll be having before the release of Sun and Moon, I figured the best way to celebrate the future would be to go back to the past.

For some players, the original 151 are the only ones that matter, and while those people are usually very wrong, for this tournament specifically they are not, and as such, the rules are as follows:

- Standard 6vs6 Singles on Pokemon Showdown.
- Only Pokemon introduced in Generation 1 can be used.
- Mewtwo and Mew cannot be used.
- Held items cannot be used at all.
- Before anyone mentions it regarding the above rule, Acrobatics is not and will not be banned.

Of course, the standard singles rules still apply too:

Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize, in addition to the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak, are not permitted in play.

Moody Clause: Pokémon with the ability Moody are not permitted.

OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.

Sleep Clause: Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.

Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.

Baton Pass Clause: Only one Pokemon per team can have the move Baton Pass.

Pokémon may be up to level 100.

Fairly simple stuff really, signups will end on October 4th 2016. As always, this thread is for signups and queries only, anything else will land you a warning for SPAM, so have at it.

Signups:

- Shiny Lyni
- Psycho Monkey
- Ruko
- Aura
- Brendan Savem
- Mr. RMA
- Dwayna Dragonfire

Last edited:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Mememememeeeee~!

So that means moves introduced after gen 1 are allowed, seeing as Acrobatics is mentioned and stuff? And also no Megas since no items?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Yes, all moves introduced after Gen I are allowed, mainly because trying to enforce it would be more trouble than it's worth, and quite a few of them don't function how they used to anyway. The only moves that are banned are the ones covered in the usual singles clauses.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I'm in. I've already got a pretty good idea of what team I want to use so I'll just have to test them out a bit.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Put some thought into this, but, I think I'll give it a go as well. Gives me an excuse to get back into Showdown.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Depends on the date. I'll be in school, so I could participate, but not sure
There is no specific date or time. We're given usually about two weeks to get in touch with our opponent to work out the date and time of our match. In your case you would only be available in the evenings and weekends since you're in school.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Signups are over 24 hours from now.

If you still wish to compete, now's the time to say so.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Signups are now over.

The brackets for the first round will be up this week. The format for this one will be something a little different than what has been used before.

Status
Not open for further replies.