• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

General Gaming Discussions

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm personally very satisfied with my 3DS now. This slide pad expansion doesn't really concern me anymore and I'll buy it if/when it's necessary for my future game releases.

In other news, regarding the 3DS's sales:

"In sales through this past Saturday - 8 months - it has outsold the full 12 months of the original DS," he said. "During that 12 months' time, the original DS sold 2.37 million and we just surpassed that this past Saturday, so we've got real good momentum going into the holidays."

And turning my attention to Sony for a moment... The more I hear about the PS Vita, the less impressed I am. I want to like this thing but I'm just getting turned off it more and more each day. I think I'll be sticking with my original PSP and 3DS for the foreseeable future.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Do the sales really matter if the console is weak? Just look at the Wii. By the numbers, it's the best video game console ever released. That is quite simply not the reality, though. If anything, it's the weakest video game system Nintendo have ever put out in terms of ability and content.

The 3DS really doesn't seem to be fighting too hard to NOT go down that route also. They forced out the two Mario games this year to make some money at Christmas - after forcing the system out way too early to begin with (leaving behind core features, both in terms of software and, given that we're now being asked to pay out for a second analog stick in either the form of a big black tumour or the inevitable more expensive redesign in a few months, hardware also) - but to the detriment of other games that might actually try something new, like Kid Icarus.

Gamefreak's dragging of their heels in putting out a main series game on the system is also pretty severely damaging it too. Diamond and Pearl were at least confirmed for the DS from just prior to its launch. Even just the confirmation that the next game will be a 3DS one would be enough to begin giving the system solid grounding.

Not to mention the fact that the online eShop is still a useless mess, and that 6 months later, there is still bugger all available on it in terms of original software OR virtual console software. Combined with a lack of acknowledgement on Nintendo's part that they made a huge error with the online connectivity of the system in terms of keeping track of and messaging your friends, or that they might ever actually bother -fixing- this, it just all around leaves the same bitter taste in my mouth as the Wii has.

I really don't want to be looking back in 5 years time at the 3DS with the same disdain as I do the Wii. I certainly don't want to be in the position where it takes that long for a genuinely fantastic game to finally drop for it as was the case with Skyward Sword. Nintendo, however, seem stubbornly determined to adhere to whatever patterns they come across, whether those be ones that lead to failure or not.

The 3DS could make money hand over first from now until the day the factories stop making them, but if a watered down Mario Galaxy and a port of an N64 game everyone should have beaten at least twice already anyway is the best Nintendo have got going for it, it won't be worth a damn.

The mess with the ugly-assed circle pad pro just compounds the issue by making me want to use the thing less and less, 'cos I certainly WON'T be buying that (and thus, not any of the games that require it, so no Kid Icarus either way), and they can get fucked if they think they can again con me into buying the replacement model any time before IT gets a price gouge too.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The most I can say to you Alex is that I don't see it going the route of Wii. Sales have little to do with it really, but I am glad that the thing is finally selling because dollars = more games. Speaking of which: the games I want are coming, so for me it's just a matter of time. The past is in the past, and what matters now is the future. At least Nintendo is trying to fix stuff in various ways (firmware updates, expansions, etc.), they're just doing a shoddy job getting stuff done in a timely manner... They've already stated that they're fixing the messaging system issue with future updates too, so I'm not really sure where you're getting the idea that they're not?

As for the fugly slide pad, I'll be honest. I rarely fully boycott anything in the video game world. Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo and most every other development/publishing company out there do stupid, if not crooked, things, but I will buy the games/consoles/handhelds that I want because I want them (ie. Star Craft II). Maybe that makes me part of the problem but at the end of the day I don't really care. I just want to play my games.

P.S. - Having played both games, Mario 3D Land is hardly a "watered down Mario Galaxy". They're as different as every other 3D Mario game. Yus you can argue that they're all the same, but that's gaming for you. ;x

I dont even know, the Wii got more interesting games lately than the PC or the other big name consoles.
Its the last bastion of offline co-op and couch gameplay.

DKC Returns, Kirby , RE:Umbrella games, New Mario Bros etc. are what get me the most playtime out of that thing.
I think its pretty strong in that regard.

Especially since devs love to take out offline multiplayer out of games that NEED to have it. Like Burnout. Even years after the release of the last Burnout I am still mad that I am forced to play offline or play with strangers offline.
Thats not cool. Companies should copy Nintendo in that regard. Not ridiculous crap like motion controls that will disappear after this gen.

All in all I got more playtime out of my Wii exclusives than I got out of the xbox360 exclusives back then when I owned mine. Gears of War and Halo just dont offer entertainment for a long time.

And I personally think that Mario Bros 3DS is superior to Mario Galaxy in most ways. But thats just me I guess.
And one should not forget what kind of games we had to play in the first year of the Gameboy, the GBA, the DS and the PSP. It was bad. Very bad. No Mario for GBA outside of ports (for the whole lifespan) and new Super Mario Bros for the DS which might be the shoddiest Mario platformer ever made.

The games that are announced and are coming are magnificient. Everything that made the GBA and the DS a success and more. Especially third party support from games that would otherwise not work on a DS.
And OF COURSE we will see a Pokemon game for the 3DS. There is no reason why we wouldnt see one.
Its most likely just that Gamefreak is now hard pressed because they have to think of a new engine for the whole game with the additional burden of 3D grafics that would have to be utilized for it.

I dunno. Thats the price you pay for being an early adopter. Its like that with basically everything.
Xbox360 is a ticking time bomb, the PSP got a reworked design with better screen and battery, the DS got improved many times too. Hell every Nintendo handheld got reworked after a while. And the PS3 had no games for years. Hell we saw that thing with flat screen TVs, phones and many other things in the past too.

On an unrelated note:
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/new ... 46970.html

Got my two games, gonna grab that one. Didnt like the gameboy version of Kid Icarus back then so I hope that the NES one is better.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
And once again I spam you all with an IGN-related article. |D

Anyways, one of IGN AU's journalists wrote an opinion article regarding when a game deserves a 10/10. Link to the article is right here. It was a good read, even if (as usual) the commenters of IGN need to be smacked upside the head. ;)

I especially liked these few paragraphs:

There has to continue to be a constructive debate about whether a 10 actually means perfect or whether it's more, say, about a game that delivers on all of its promises. You know what that's like sometimes: a veritable snowfall of lofty claims. But some games meet them, don't they? They tick the boxes, and leave a gamer feeling... replete.

It could also be a game that has so few flaws that they are negligible – for the record, this is the view I hold personally. Or maybe a game that is as good as any game could be for that point in time. You know what? It might be all of the above...

Maybe that means we need new benchmarks. Maybe that means scoring needs to be looked at across the board. For now, though, perhaps just enjoy the fact that there are critics you can trust saying in as plain language as possible: play this game.

I find numeric reviews awful.
You cant grade subjective taste on a scale.

Reviews should rather adress the pros and cons and tell you something about the game.
I see way too many people that buy their games just because they see high numbers. And thats not good.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
As much as I agree with Fuman re: numerical scores - and I do - I have enough trouble ranking games by how much I like them, let alone on some sort of arbitrary scale - that article is really informative. It's an interesting insight into the mind of a gaming journo while they're not busy cranking out paragraphs and numbers, and I think I've learned something about how IGN, at least, rate their games.

On the other hand, it's - like most debates on the internet - a bit of a moot point. I either enjoy a game, enjoy it with caveats, or don't enjoy it. I can wax philosophical about graphics, gameplay, audio, immersion, atmosphere, and all sorts of other buzzwords, but at the end of the day, it comes down to criteria that shift and change even as I think about them.

In the end, you can only rate a game by how much you enjoyed it. As long as you take a holistic view (ie, don't decide the whole thing's bad because the ending was naff), no-one can really fault you for that. Anything else is arbitrary and extremely relative - and because of that, open to argument. But no-one can argue that you didn't enjoy a game when you did, or vice versa.

That won't stop them trying, mind you.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
At last Nintendo have released the latest 3DS update (even better it's a day early!). Only thing they haven't yet sorted is the eShop but I don't mind that, I'm just glad we've gotten the update and weren't left waiting any longer.

The video recorder is pretty decent quality, I did expect worse. The updates to the Mii Plaza are also pretty good, more hats to collect is ace! Also we have a QR code scanner that'll work with the normal codes you get on the back of magazines for example. Whatever it gets from the code it will launch the internet.

All in all I'm impressed Nintendo finally got it out, and that it was worth the wait.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I still haven't had the chance to check out the update, but I've read some reviews regarding it and they sounded pretty interesting. There was more to this update than I initially expected. It'll be fun testing everything out once I'm off work. :)

Still... Nintendo, y u no give us our messaging system update too? D:

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Linkachu said:
Still... Nintendo, y u no give us our messaging system update too? D:

I'll say this and it probably won't happen, but. I'd say it's highly likely the messaging system will go up on the eShop next week for download. The eShop hasn't fully had it's update yet so maybe we could even see it this week (although I doubt this quite a bit, given it's Nintendo and all). Time shall tell.

I am actually surprised that Nintendo is pumping out those updates so fast now.
Didnt expect that at all.

The 3DS can turn into some fine thing if they keep that up. Message system got already announced. Would like more friendslist options too.

I also totally didnt expect them to update their minigames. I thought that those would have been forgotten by now.

Well there's still free Wifi hotspots everywhere except for Somalia at least.
But nowadays everybody should really get a wireless router. I connect my consoles and my PC through a lan cable while I use the wifi for everything else. Its useful.

And we'll most likely see more wifi based technology in the future.

I would like a Phantasy Star online for the 3DS now. Or a Monster Hunter. Something with core online gameplay.

Dingdingding, we've got some news!

The remaining Ambassador games have been announced:

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

Wario Land 4

Mario Kart Advance

Mario vs. Donkey Kong

WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!

Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3

Metroid Fusion

I would say that this is an incredible list. Didnt expect many of those.

They will get released on the December 16th in Japan. The NES games got a worldwide release so we might get those at the same time too.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm still waiting on official confirmation regarding when they'll be released in Europe/North America.

But regardless, that's a great list of games. I'm already pretty busy playing Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and Pushmo, but these freebies are going to give me even more to do. Can't wait to play FE: TSS and the Amazing Mirror again, but Minish Cap being included is just awesome. This will mark my first time playing it. :)

Ok my 3DS just told me that we'll get the games tomorrow. And it downloaded Eurosports for me. I dont want it but now I have it. Cool.

Unrelated but also cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtYN45yV ... r_embedded
Metal Gear Rising got cancelled because Team Kojima messed up the development of the game. There's a one hour interview of them apologizing and being very sad about it which I understand.
But the good news is: They gave it to Platinum!
Platinum is an amazing studio that is known for making very very good action games. They made Vanquish which might be the only interesting third person shooter and Bayonetta as an example. Also Madworld for the Wii.
Platinum games is made up of ex Capcom and Team clover members. People who made Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil, Okami and other wonderful stuff.

The game is looking very nice. All we see in that trailer was made in on e year which is quite something.
I read Hideo Kojimas twitter some while ago where he mentioned that he was devastated because Konami made him cancel one title he worked on for years. Looks like that title was MGRising. Good to see that its in capable hands now.
Pretty sure that Platinum can make a better Cyber Ninja game than Konami.

I also really like what Kojima jokingly said about handing over the game to Platinim: "There are a lot of very good production teams in North America. But I thought that if I would take this to them, one year I would come back and it wouldn't be a katana, it would be a gun with a chainsaw or something."

And he has a point. Capcom gave over Devil May Cry to western devs and so far no one is even remotely ok with the direction the game is taking.

The game is set after MGS4 which I still havent even started. Seems like the focus went away from NANOMACHINES to people getting turned into machines now. Which is a logical Paradigm shift that many have expected for decades.

Finally got round to downloading the games and is going to give me something to do while I have another sleepless night (not slept in 4 days but I've felt like I've been on a sugar rush the whole time hehe)

Yeah, only just got my wifi set up on my 3DS, so I didn't get the ambassador games. But I got it before the price crash. D:

SSFIV is a great game, and it is my only 3ds game so far. Still playing it after 6 months! Getting Starfox 3D, SuperMario Land 3D, Mario Kart 7 and Skyward Sword, then random video game stuff, like a Jalapeno cushion from PVZ. :3 Still want OOT, Rayman Origins and Kirby Wii.

In Wii news, Pokepark 2... It passes off as cute, and I like the idea of adding the new Unova Pokemon (And adding the ability to play as Unova starters), but it's gonna be the same. Play as Pikachu, befriend Pokemon by playing games that I played in Nursery. Might buy it, still. D:

Got myself 30€ credit for the 3DS store and checked some stuff out.

Shantae is pretty cool but also quite expensive. Quality Platformer that should have 10+hours of a main campaign. Its a lot like the gameboy color version which means that its good.

Mighty Switch Force: Same developer. Game directly made for the 3DS. Amazing soundtrack, cool 2D visuals and very good level design and riddles. Costs half as much as Shantae yet seems to offer just as much. Very nice game.

Pushmo/Pullblox: Cool puzzle game. Only played the tutorial and the first world but its a nice game to relax. The picture riddles remind me of picross.

Go Series Fatal Blow: 2€ beat em up. You run around as a power ranger type of guy and beat up guys on the street. Pretty cool so far. You can launch and juggle enemies and its quite difficult. I beat the first world boss and saw that the 2nd world looks just like the first one. Might be because its a super low budget production. Solid gameplay though.

Now I still got some more money and I dont know what to get. Maybe one of those RPGs. I dont know yet.

Been also playing around with the new pictochat thingie that is now called Letter Box. Amazing tool. Added ~60 people and I'm drawing like a crazyman. Very nice thing and about damn time that it came out.

I got so much use out of my 3DS now, its crazy. That thing is shaping up to become a very cool thing.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Note to self: take a holiday-ish photo and send it to everyone on my friends list. :3

I'm shaking my head that once again North America and Europe are using different names for their software (the app here is called something silly), but that aside... Glad it's finally here. I wish they had included a typing option too, but it's better than nothing. I still haven't unlocked the voice mail feature yet tho...

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Good luck to them. By then we'll be close to getting the Wii U meaning we are ahead regardless.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Wii U is desperately needed, so I'm alright with Nintendo advancing to a new console this year. But new Sony or Microsoft consoles anytime soon? Not too keen on 'em, not yet. If these are simply planned to be "they're coming" announcements then cool, I'm looking forward to hearing the news. But if they come out with announcements like "New consoles planned for 2013!" I'm going to groan.

But whatever the case, I'm unlikely to buy a new Sony console at launch if it ends up being priced like PS3. Aside from being a blu-ray player, PS3 took ages to find its footing with me and I'm in no hurry to replace it. I'm much more interested in seeing what the next Microsoft console will offer.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Man, this is just getting everywhere today.

The PS4 and Xbox 720 (or whatever it’s called) will almost certainly NOT be on show this year. At the very most, we’ll see tech demos and a prototype machine announced in their conferences – but the machines will not be announced as finished products and they will not be available to play. I’d actually be entirely surprised if we even got a confirmation of any real games to be released on them – even the Wii U last year was working on tech demos and maybes, and it was actually on the show floor.

It doesn’t really make a lot of sense for either company to be pushing for a new console release this year. Microsoft have Kinect to push for at least one more year and Sony is already asking people to pony up for a Vita this year. Neither wants to canabalise their existing hardware before its time, and rushing to market this year just because Nintendo are wouldn’t really benefit them.

Announcing that they have products forthcoming in about 2013-2014, though, would prevent Nintendo with walking away with all the headlines from E3 this year and will put them in good stead for a proper announcement at the next E3.

I really wouldn’t put too much investment into the idea that we’ll be seeing the actual consoles themselves any time this year, though.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor Oak said:
I really wouldn’t put too much investment into the idea that we’ll be seeing the actual consoles themselves any time this year, though.

I'm not sure if that was aimed at me, but I certainly wasn't assuming such. :x

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It's not, it's a copied response from one of about half a dozen identical topics/posts. I'm too lazy to write it out every single time. :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor Oak said:
It's not, it's a copied response from one of about half a dozen identical topics/posts. I'm too lazy to write it out every single time. :p

I had a feeling of that. ;)

I actually heard about a certain company saying something about either Sony or MS dropping out of the videogames business this gen.

Not likely, but its all rumor territory anyways.

I dont want a new gen. New consoles, new controllers, new everything but the games themselves dont really become better.
The next gen wont have a huge jump in visuals anyways, except for the WiiU obviously.
I hope that Sony and MS take at least 2-3 more years for their consoles to come out, which is also a somewhat realistic prediction.

Also:
The 3DS is outselling everything ever since always.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone who's been a bit iffy about the new Kid Icarus game, IGN did a decently in-depth preview on it. It actually sounds better than I expected, so I might buy it after all.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1216802p1.html

And apparently select retailers in North America will be offering the 3D Classics Kid Icarus as a pre-order bonus for the 3DS game. Not sure which stores are in on this yet, but it's a nice bonus gift.

Resident Evil: Revelations is on the eshop as a demo.

Its worth trying out. You can change the 3D settings in the options and if you go for maximum it gets quite crazy. First time I really noticed the 3D effect being special.
Gonna grab that game. Looks like it will be the best Resident Evil control wise. You can even walk while aiming.
It works quite well without the 2nd circle pad but I'll get it for that game anyways. Its just way better with one.

100% convinced that the 3DS was the right decision now.

Also, there's a boatload of games coming out right now. Soul Calibur 5 interests me but the preorder DLC thing puts me off. I dont want to support that kind of crap.

Also, I got Kid Icarus for registering two 3DS games. Its not too bad but then again its Kid Icarus and there's a reason why we didnt see a sequel in the last 20 years and why the new game is a complete revamp.

Its better than the Gameboy version at least. That one REALLY sucked.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm trying to hold off buying anything new right now, but as of February I'll be picking up Tales of the Abyss and PokePark 2. I might buy MGS Snake Eater 3D as well - still undecided on it.

Not getting FF XIII-2 at release. To be fair, might not buy it for a couple of years. It'll depend what my friends think of it and if it ever hits a cheaper price tag.

Definitely looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 3D now, so I'm interested to see what release date they'll give it for North America. Everything else I'm heavily anticipating hasn't been dated yet or won't be released anytime soon.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Just a rumour, but if true, could be the best game ever made (since the last Rocksteady game, and until the next):

RUMOR - Rocksteady working on mature Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game for Wii U[/PS3/360]

- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Crisis is the alleged name
- Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo are the four playable characters
- each has their own varied move set and weapon of choice (sword, bo staff, sai, and nunchuck respectively).
- Flashbacks are played as Master Splinter/Hamato Yoshi.
- Shurikens, smoke bombs, grappling hooks, and climbing foot spikes.
- Gameplay and story/stage progression similar to Batman: Arkham City.
- Classic characters such as Bebop and Rocksteady (warthog and rhinoceros), Dr. Baxter Stockman, Shredder (Oroku Saki), and Krang act as bosses and in the case of the humans-turned-mutants, you fight them in both forms throughout the story.
- The Turtle Van and Turtle Blimp will be present and with them and other gadgets, the Wii U build is expected to have touch screen controls for specific actions.
- Multiplayer is unknown.
- Graphics engine used is that of Arkham City.
- The game is expected to be more dark than slapstick, but the turtles themselves and their interactions with the Foot Clan, bosses, and story characters like April O’Neil and Casey Jones will still have comedy attached.
- Purportedly being in development for Wii U, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.
- Careful selection of voice actors to bring the universe to life as well as Rocksteady did with their two Batman games.
- Manhattan Crisis shares a similar name to the 1991/1992 NES title, “The Manhattan Project”, but is very much its own title.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=170537

Edit:

Also, this may be the worst looking PS3 game I have ever seen, and the gameplay is a total rip off of classic Prince of Persia (and obviously influenced by the recent Tintin game taking its cue from that too), but fuck if I'm not going to end up buying it anyway:

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Screw 7-9 (especially 9. I enjoyed it, but no). I've been waiting for my FF6 remake since IV's. Best damn game in that franchise. :)

And ooo... Those two pictures truly are rumorlicious. It wouldn't be that farfetched to believe this could happen, especially now with 3DS picking up. Gogo remake factory!

As for that turtles game, it does sound pretty sweet. Here's hoping that rumor bears fruit too.

Edit: Think I've decided, since it's chronologically the first game in the story (unless my sources were incorrect regarding this), that I will indeed buy MGS Snake Eater 3D. It sounds like its 3D usage is quite beautiful, and I like the idea that all of the cluttering options and health bars and such are kept on the bottom screen. If I really enjoy it, I'll buy the PS3 HD collection too. ^^

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Better Final Fantasy news:

Pretty much all Final Fantasy PSN content (including the games) is heavily discounted from today. Playstation Plus subscribers will get Final Fantasy V for free from the 8th Feb, the other games are all down to £4.

I'm not sure how much is available on the PS3 as well as the PSP, but I believe everything is available for PSP/Vita owners at least.

Also, isn't MGS 3D the third game? Am I missing something? Although, having played it, I know it's unplayable without the circle pad extension. And since I'll saw off my own feet before I waste my money on that piece of shit, I won't be playing MGS 3D at least until the 3DS revision has come out and done so badly it needs a massive price gouge 3 months after release anyway.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor Oak said:
Also, isn't MGS 3D the third game? Am I missing something?

Third game in the series, but chronologically it's the first game in the story - or so I've read. (Which is what I already said ;))

And I won't be buying the circle pad unless I need to, so I'll be trying out the controls without it first.

Pretty much all Final Fantasy PSN content (including the games) is heavily discounted from today. Playstation Plus subscribers will get Final Fantasy V for free from the 8th Feb, the other games are all down to £4.

Do you know if this is for both the US and UK?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Linkachu said:
Doctor Oak said:
Also, isn't MGS 3D the third game? Am I missing something?

Third game in the series, but chronologically it's the first game in the story - or so I've read. (Which is what I already said ;))

Well, that's not confusing or anything. Nope. Actually, MGS has always been tempting to me, but what I pick up of the game storylines just seems so damned convoluted and confusing that I don't really see the point of bothering - especially as there's no proper way to just play them all (the HD collections don't actually have MGS 1 on them, and I don't think the Xbox one even has MGS 2).

And I won't be buying the circle pad unless I need to, so I'll be trying out the controls without it first.

Trust me, controlling a camera with 4 digital buttons is just not possible. Especially not when you're trying to shoot people and not get shot in the face. I don't know who's more at fault, really. Nintendo for omitting the second slider in the first place, or Konami for thinking they could actually get away without it.

Do you know if this is for both the US and UK?[/quote]

Admittedly, I haven't kept up with the PSN/PS3 stuff for the vast majority of this generation, but I would have assumed that if we got something, the US would surely already have it/would be getting it too? Is it not showing up in the store?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor Oak said:
Admittedly, I haven't kept up with the PSN/PS3 stuff for the vast majority of this generation, but I would have assumed that if we got something, the US would surely already have it/would be getting it too? Is it not showing up in the store?

I haven't checked yet. Quite often the US and UK PSN releases don't match up, both for the obvious reason of different PS3/PSP release dates and the PSOne Classic titles. I'm sure since this is a 25th anniversary sale both regions would have the same dealie, but otherwise I generally wouldn't assume such.

Either way, I'll take a look into it tonight. :)