• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Gender chance in breeding?

What is the percentage/Ratio/rate/whatever of getting a Female from breeding? Does it depend on what pokemon your breeding or is it the same for all?

ARGETH....-.-
Is there a chart of some kind that could help, or does anyone know the rate from breeding two leafeons(One of my own and one from a trade) to get an Female eevee?

I think the percent depends on what pokemon your trying to breed. Example: Chickorita from egg. Male 75% Female 25%.

Actually, every Starter, Eevee, and Togepi, at least, all have 87.5% chance of being male.

That be why Ditto rocks peoples socks. xD

Lucky you. Actually, my first bred female starter was the first Bulbasaur I bred a while ago. Also my last so far. >_>

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Hatched Pokemon have the exact same gender percentages as wild Pokemon do.

Handily enough, these percentages are available in our Pokedex. :)

Hatched Pokemon have the exact same gender percentages as wild Pokemon do.

Handily enough, these percentages are available in our Pokedex. :)
I just tried to get to the "Charmsdex", and it gave me the "404 not found error" as did most of the other things...Hmmm...Dunno if I should have said that here or not...

Just checked on another site: 12.5% Chance for Female. Oh lord.