• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Gender and Sexual Identity

Oh, my...where to begin.

To start, I'll use the terminology in the OP and say that I am a biromantic cisgender homosexual or, in a word, homoflexible. Basically, I happily identify as a male, the gender I was assigned at birth, and I am, for the most part, attracted to the same sex, with a very strong romantic and sexual attraction towards other guys; however, I am slightly attracted to the opposite sex romantically, as well as having an infinitesimal amount of sexual attraction towards the opposite sex.

I suppose that there were always signs that I was almost exclusively attracted to guys, although most of them I only spotted in hindsight. Throughout the first decade of my life, I was fascinated by a number of older boys I'd met, and I would follow them around, ask them lots of questions, and generally annoy them by tagging along whenever they hung out with their friends. I would tell my parents about how "cool" they were, and how much I enjoyed being around them. However, I was never terribly interested in any of the girls I met.

Then, in my pre-teens, I started glancing at other guys during gym, without realizing why. At this point, I was still convinced that I couldn't be anything but straight. In other words, I was ignoring all the signs and remaining in denial.

Then, in my freshman year, I began noticing a lot of small things: how I enjoy seeing the male heroes in films without shirts on, how I wasn't drawn to girls despite thinking that they looked pretty, how little I cared about getting a girlfriend compared to my male peers, and how I felt no reaction to all the instances of female nudity in the TV shows and films I watched. An yet, I still ignored these signs at first, because I was experiencing romantic attraction for the first time...towards a girl. I also did not have romantic thoughts about guys, so I couldn't possibly be into them. Right. :p

So anyway, while I did experience my first crush on a girl, and I had genuine feelings for her, they were purely romantic. I felt a reaction at how beautiful she was, but I still felt no sexual desire whatsoever towards her. Well, long story short, it didn't work out. However, there was a guy I'd met that year who I was friends with. I did not get to know him long, as he moved in to Virginia a year before I moved away. However, he was one of the nicest, friendliest, and most accepting guys I'd ever met. He had very many nerdy habits and interests, a lot of which I shared with him, and he was a fellow band kid, but he was also very athletic, and fairly intelligent. He was also very good-looking, in both the facial area and the body. It was only in retrospect that I realized that I'd had feelings for him. So, I experienced my first crushes on both a girl and a guy that year, but while the first was purely romantic, the second was both romantic and sexual, AND it was definitely stronger.

Anyway, the year after I moved(the year before this one), I thought about all this, while experiencing crushes on more and more guys, but not any girls. I began to see myself only with another dude, not a girl. In addition, while thinking about being with a girl felt awkward and uncomfortable, thinking about being with a guy felt both natural and powerful to my senses. Now, I've become more and more accepting of it, embracing all the thoughts and emotions and fantasies that come with it. I can fully see myself in a long-term, loving relationship with another dude. There's still some residual self-doubt and fear, but I'm trying to deal with it as well as I can.

Now, as for actually being in a relationship, that will not happen for a while, as I have many personal issues to deal with before I'm even ready for that sort of thing. I also have to work on my social skills and actually making friends before I concern myself with seeking out love.

As for the rest, there's not really much to say. I have always felt perfectly comfortable with being a guy, despite not being anywhere near the stereotypical male. However, I don't act very "feminine" either, nor do I have any desire to wear any girls' clothing or anything like that. I'm a dude, and I'm okay with that, and no one has ever mistaken me for a girl in any way(besides being called Stephanie by mistake, because "Stephen" is apparently a difficult name to pronounce for most people :p ). So, yeah, I'm cisgender.

Of course, I'm still not 100% sure about my sexuality, and it's still incredibly baffling to me sometimes. However, I now have absolutely no problems being non-heterosexual. I'm just concerned about how some members of my extended family might take it, being much more religious than my immediate family.

One thing that helped me come to terms with this is the increasing number of LGBT characters in media. Some of Rick Riordan's books, for example, have a closeted gay male teenage character whom I strongly identify with and relate to, what with the loneliness and depression and whatnot. Having someone who voices exactly what I was feeling did help matters.

So, TL;DR, I'm a dude who's almost exclusively into dudes, and I'm finally okay with it. :D

Last edited:
I have no clue which terms I fall into. In the real world I'm a cisgender male, but my online prescence has been female as long as I can remember. I'm starting to think I'm a trans female that doesn't know he's (she's) identifying as such; perhaps agender or genderfluid. Maybe my mind just wants a term to tie itself with, but I suppose I don't really need one... I am who I am, I suppose.

As for my sexuality, I'm either agender and aromantic, or I'm just a really, really late bloomer.

So it's been nearly an entire year since I last responded to this, and I have to say in that time i have learnt more about myself, and, in terms, I identify as a genderfluid biromantic homosexual.

Ooooh, now, isn't this quite the thread. It's kinda hard to 'label myself', and I try not to think much about it since there are lots of what would be called a gender and lots of sexual preferences, but I'd say...
I'm biologically female BUT positively genderfluid. I identify myself as male 99% of the times. I'd rather people to treat me by male pronouns, but if some of my close friends happen to "slip", I don't feel bothered by it. I know I have their respect already.
There are days or moments I feel and talk in a feminine manner, and some days or moments I can also feel like none or even both at the same time. Those are kinda rare, but they do occur. I tend to dress neutrally, but I'd say female clothing can be very pretty sometimes, and I like pretty stuff.

As for preference, I'm not sure how to put it. I'm not sure if I should see this from the point of view of my biological gender or my identified gender. Anyway, I like women and am currently boyfriend of the sweetest girl in the world. I love her very much.
So, I'd say I'm a demiromantic heterosexual? Since I only seem to get infatuated solely with people really veeery close to me.

This subject is like a street with lots of banks. There are particularities just like there isn't a single person like another in the world.

I don't really have much to say here aside from this: I'm transgender, which is something I figured out over the past few years as a result of some introspection and learning more about gender identities. I'm not out in any capacity IRL, but I would like to transition someday.

This might come as a bit of a surprise to those of you who've known me for a while unless you follow me anywhere else online, as I'm slowly changing my online presence to reflect this. So, uh, surprise!

I've given this some time, and I think I am a homoromantic asexual cisgender.

I have always felt more romantically attracted to females, but I was too afraid to really admit it at first. But, I gave it some thought, and decided to finally identify as homoromantic. #Yeyfergey (Yes I am aware that's not how you spell it, but it wasn't a typo :p)

The cisgender is easy to explain. I was born a female, and will most likely be female my whole life. But, like Blur, I don't mind being called a male. I will use any pronouns, so yeah XD

For the asexual part, it's not the sexual intercourse grossed me out, it just feels like someone is invading me. I, of course, have never had sexual intercourse with anyone, but whenever I think about it, it just makes me think that someone is invading me. So there you go, the reason I'm asexual :)

Glad I got around to posting this, have a great day/night/whatever time of day it is where you are, everyone! ♥

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I used to be very averse to people who weren't "completely straight". I guess, again, it was more of a cultural thing or something. But as I began high school, that thought changed, and though I'm still not comfortable talking about sexuality with people, I'm much more open and friendly with those who openly admit to being bisexual or even homosexual. Though I still find it, um, morally wrong, I guess it's just because I

God damn, I wrote this five years ago? Ugh. Sometimes I want to slap my past self for being a bigoted asshole. This is one of those times.

Also, because I'm reading what Past!Me said, I can finally appreciate that the homophobic culture I grew up in has negatively affected how I responded to LGBT+ topics, and it's been a very hard, bumpy ride trying to get myself out of that mindset. I've had to force myself to stop thinking about certain groups of people a certain way, and constantly finding resources on LGBT+ issues has helped me stop being judgmental of others. But my upbringing still haunts me, and I hate it. I hate it when I slip up saying things like "normal" or "strange" in regards to sexuality and gender identity (whether you're cis or trans, heterosexual or homosexual, aromantic or panromantic, or anything in between, all of them are normal and you're not strange for being who you are). I hate it when I feel ashamed to talk about my labels (there is no shame in being any of the above labels). Little things like that still show the remnants of a childhood saturated with anti-LGBT+ messages. It's just so terrible knowing that these things are all directly because I grew up in a super-conservative, backwards household, and I wish I could get out of it already. At least I'm slowly climbing out of this hole my upbringing dug for me, though it'll take a lifetime to fully get out of this stupid ditch.

Fuck my parents.

I've started to question my gender for some reason XD But I'll keep you guys updated on that. For now, I'll stick to a female cisgender. Stay alive everyone! ♥ |-/

EDIT: I really have no idea why I started to question my gender, but eh, things sometimes just happen *shrugs*

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
@Iceblossom Just remember that no matter if you're cis, trans, non-binary, or whatever else, it's okay to be any of them and we'll love you all the same!

And if you change throughout the years, or figure out you're not what you thought you were, that's also fine. Gender (and sexuality!) are fluid and you shouldn't feel trapped defining yourself one way or the other.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
@Iceblossom as a friend told me in the past, labels are for boxes, but I also think labels are a part of self-discovery and self-identity as we grow and try to learn more about ourselves. Of course, not everyone wants or need to use labels, but I like using them myself. It makes me feel more grounded in who I am, I guess. At the end of the day, there is no right or wrong way to describe yourself as only you know yourself best, no matter what anyone else tries to tell you.

I feel like other people before me have explained labeling and terms better than I have, so give those posts a look~

re: Labels, always ask yourself, "is this label serving me? or am I trying to serve it?" Labels should help you understand yourself and your feelings, and if one doesn't, discard it. Cut up labels and stitch them back together. Rip them off and slap a new one on, especially if you're young, especially if you're a teen. A lot can change very quickly and that is OK.

Maybe you decide you're sex-repulsed and aro-ace at 13 and then start to feel attraction in high school. Maybe you figured you were straight and everyone feels like this; but then actually no, you're asexual and that's not going away. Maybe you figure that you're demi and then all of a sudden you fall for someone you just met. It happens. Everyone's experiences are different.

One thing that gets really fraught in these discussions is that different people use labels for different purposes. Some people find a label that really, really clicks for them and lets them know that how they are and what they're feeling is a thing and is OK to be, and they identify really strongly with it and with the community that surrounds that label... to the point that they have trouble leaving it when their identity evolves and their circumstances change.

And on the other side, some people use labels as a "team" sign, as a marker to indicate to potential partners what they're looking for and who they are, succinctly, and they are annoyed when people seem to be "misusing" the label. The classic example is someone who identifies as a lesbian who later has a long-term relationship with a man-- it might seem clear that she can now identify as bisexual, but because emotions are complicated (and also biphobia is a thing), she might be reluctant to do so, BUT then she has to deal with the social confusion of introducing herself as a lesbian when her partner is a man.

This is the kind of LGBT+ infighting that has a lot of history and will probably seem pretty silly to the younger posters on the boards, but this is one of the reasons why there's pressure to Pick A Label, to Pick A Side (!!!), and to stick with it.

It's the same thing with putting pressure to toe the line that LGBT+ people are "born this way", which is a reply to the attitude that you "choose" to be gay, and can furthermore decide to stop, or that being LGBT+ is a result of illness that can be treated. None of this is true, but it's also true that not everyone who is LGBT+ "always knew", and furthermore, brains are weird and you may come to different realizations about your own body and identity quite late in life.

Similarly, if you're a teenager, you get to change your mind every other week about who you are and where you're going. It's OK. Change your tumblr sidebar and try it out. You don't have to be anything forever. You don't have to be anything to fit in.

I am a "Cisgender Heterosexual", although I tend to act EXTREMELY FLAMBOYANT due to the fact that I get too into character when telling stories or jokes; real life or not. Though when it comes to making friends, I really don't care what your gender/sexual preference is, friendship is genderless. All you have to do is follow these guidelines:

1. Don't be a dick.
2. Consult rule 1.
3. Don't get too mad if I suddenly forget to finish my sentences, it someti

Wow, can't believe this thread has been around since 2011, and I've never even seen, let alone posted in it.

To start off, I will say that as far as the list in the original post goes, I identify as a Heteroromantic, cisgender, Heterosexual male. Honestly, I've never really had any sort of issues with my sexual identity. I've just always been this way. But because of how I was raised, I know to treat everyone with respect and to be empathetic to those different from me, and those who may not even know how they identify. I have plenty of friends who identify differently from me. I love them all the same.

im male and im bisexual at young age im have a crush on some girls and one boy kiss me and i like it its so good at fist i dont know what is my sexuality but now im know then im bisexual and im proud of this

Last edited by a moderator:
Asexual Aromantic Trans boy. The way I see it, me being asexual doesn't necessarily mean I don't engage into sexual activity (again, teenagers), but to me, the term just means that I don't experience it the way others do. Aromantic, I just don't feel romance anymore. And I was just a boy born in the wrong body. Simple enough, right?

For all I know,I'm homoromantic homosexual cisgender male.To be honest,I used to think I was a girl becuase I was so feminine and I didn't know what the difference between male and female.So,3rd grade hit me hard. :p

I'm GNC (Gender Non-Conforming) Female, and I'm a Panromantic Demisexual. I sometimes just say I'm Bi, though. I'm currently in a long-term heterosexual relationship.

I'm still not a hundred percent about everything, though, but I know that's okay. And it is. Not everyone just knows these things about themselves naturally.

OMG THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS
Im Pansexual and I have liked both girls and boys
I'm Agender o3o ( but I was born female, look wise I look female BUT IM NOT)

Last edited:
I had not forseen that my current boredom would lead me to stumble across a thread such as this.

Ah, screw it.

So I shamefully admit my ignorance and ill-informed mind, as I have not heard most of the terms listed until reading them here, so slapping on certain ones in order to describe myself as accurately as possible will be difficult. I suppose that with the givens, my case seems fairly straightforward as far as common society goes, labeling myself for the first time as a Biromantic Cisgender Heterosexual. In a simple explanation: I identify as the gender I was born with(male), I'm straight, but I could theoretically develop a deep relationship with anyone depending on the countless factors that make up everything in my life so far and in the future.

I say "theoretically" because - as I am still very young - quite inexperienced when it comes to scenarios regarding gender, sexual preferences, and even relationships in general. I've never participated in a conversation among a group of people with varying sexual and gender identities, I've never been involved in a romantic affair with anyone. Heck, I've hardly even remotely known any girls throughout my life, let alone befriending one or kissing one.

Now, there are strange instances where I act "girly" (or at least, try to), but I'm fairly certain it's mostly curious experimentation, as I have never actually identified as female. There are also times when I am sexually attracted to males, but these times are very, very brief, and probably only occurs due to my overexposure to other guys compared to girls. My point is that it never lasts long.

Welp, I might be entirely wrong about everything I've said thus far, but these are my thoughts as of now. Once I actually undergo certain human experiences my life currently lacks, I might get back to this one day.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
(Disclaimer: this is a fairly long post and holds a lot of my own pent-up thoughts on these matters. It might seem like I'm directing everything towards you, @Quake, but I'm writing generally for the community and anyone else who wants to read this post as well).

Welp, I might be entirely wrong about everything I've said thus far, but these are my thoughts as of now.

It's alright if you're wrong, gender and sexuality is a thing that people are always discovering about themselves, and it's even possible that they change with you over the years. I think the important thing is keeping an open mind and accepting that you don't know everything there is to know about these topics (because honestly, who does?), and be willing to learn more so as not to be as ignorant in the future. If you read my first few posts in this thread, you'll see I was pretty much in the same boat as you; hell, I might've been on a worse boat with all the prejudice I had and even now still have, thanks to my upbringing.

I will say right now, though, that the first post in this thread doesn't have a complete list of all the terms people identify with. For one, it was written almost five years ago, and much has changed/been discovered since then. But then, there's also the fact that people, in an attempt to find a label that best suits them, have a habit of creating new terms or mixing up old ones together in order to describe themselves. And both are okay! There's no wrong way to describe yourself as only you know yourself best.

We've talked about labeling and descriptions a few times in this thread, so I compiled a list of each post which has some good in-depth conversations on the topic.
Really, this whole topic is a pretty decent place to read through how everyone identifies themselves, and our own roads as we all try to discover who we are in terms of gender and sexuality. You see people posting again a few months or years later as they discover more about the terms and more about themselves. You see people coming out to their friends here, which is absolutely no small feat. You see people posting how they think certain terms apply to them best, and why they use those terms. Meanwhile, someone who uses those exact same terms probably have them mean something else for themselves.

And this topic definitely isn't the only place to look at! The internet has many gender and sexuality resources, full of coming-out stories and people questioning their labels and all kinds of other stuff. Your own community, be it your school or college campus or workplace or anywhere else you go, also have people with their own stories to tell (and I'm fairly certain most colleges these days have some LGBTQIA+ club or another, which you can feel free to check out if you so desire). So yeah, don't be afraid to do a little bit of digging around, though just be warned that there will be bigots everywhere trying to shut down on certain groups of people.

I'm an Asexual Cisgender.

I was born female and have always identified as female as well, despite being rather tomboy-ish (only wear guys T-Shirts, interested in things that are considered 'for guys' by the general public, just more boy-ish in nature, etc).
As for the 'asexual' part, well, I've just never been interested in sex or sexual relationships. In fact the whole idea of sex just makes me cringe really hard. If I ever do end up in a relationship, it will be a non-sexual one, that's for sure.
Also, I guess it's worth noting that I may be slightly Biromantic, since I could see myself being in a romantic relationship with either genders. It all depends on the personality in the end, not on the gender.

(I won't make this all suspenseful: I am pansexual and potentially genderfluid. Now, on with the story.)

All my life, I was too busy trying to trudge forward in the muck of bipolar disorder and a too-strong case of ADHD to even stop and consider whether the gender and sexual identities I was dealt at birth fit me the right way. It wasn't until last year--my sixteenth--that I sat down, looked at myself, and realized I wasn't the heterosexual, cisgender male I'd always told myself I was.

I owe it all to the friends I made in my sophomore year of high school. Before I met them, my social skills were extremely weak. The people I thought of as friends were, in reality, douchebags just trying to find entertainment value in me. But at the start of my sophomore year, there was a small circle of incoming freshmen who I fit in with. And it wasn't just because they were as nerdy as I was. It was because they, like me, didn't know who they were. Now, two years later, every single person in that little group is, in some way or another, LGBTQ. I can't describe the feeling of pride that I get because of them--because of us.

The Snom Prince

Previously The Exorciser
Time to revive an old thread

I am too young to know what I am properly but looking at who I seem to like I am Bisexual, Possibly Polygamous (looking at the fact my OC has 2 partners) and am a Cis girl again though not sure still although most people seem to be unsure to

I'm a gay boy, I won't use the terminology listed because h*mosexual is a slur (this can be easily googled, not trying to start anything, just saying it's not the appropriate term to use)

I've questioned my sexuality for a very long time because of homophobia and who I "should" love and be attracted to. The truth is I'm in love right now and there's no "should" about it. It's a wonderful bond that can never be separated- no should, no could -about it. I'm a boy who likes boys, that's how I feel love. So, then there's all these questions about how to be gay, but, there is no right way. I simply am. That's hard to learn and even after you know it for sure it can be hard to remember when faced with daily homophobia but me and my boyfriend want to help others. Young gay kids deserve to simply be.

I hope to eventually find a lgbt shelter to work with or to speak out at events, I still have a lot to learn to help people but I'll get there.
ps. idk if this thread was too old to post in so apologies if so

So...I'm a biromantic bisexual...maybe twospirit?

I'm interested in both girls and boys. I've had crushes on boys and girls (Although with girls they've lasted longer, much longer than my crushes on boys which could mean something maybe?) and I was especially interested in my best friend when I still went to school when I was twelve, Jaqueline. I liked her because she was cute as well as kind, funny, creative like me...we liked the same things, did the same things, talked about the same things, but I didn't realize I was bi at the time, I just assumed and 'knew' it was a one time thing. And also all the boy crushes I had only lasted like a day XD

I know, this is going to sound so dumb but it was only last year I realized I was possibly bi. Now I know I am. I was playing Stardew Valley and I married an NPC called Penny, and this was a female NPC in the game. I was joking to myself that I was going to be a lesbian in this game, and I told my mum that. She told me maybe I was bisexual, as she'd thought this since I told her I had a crush on Jaqueline. I freaked out a little at first, but my mum explained it to me and assured me she wouldn't mind if I turned out to be bisexual, even if I was gay or asexual/aromantic or anything else. After a while, I just accepted this fact.

And a few months ago, I realized I'm not attracted to boys at all. And obviously I can never be sure but I think I'm a lesbian because I've been crushing on just girls, and a little more often XD So I'm just assuming I'm lesbian now, and accepting it. I fully support gay pride and think if people are gay and want to get married, they should be allowed to.

As for maybe being twospirit, I just mean I'm quite feminine and masculine, but I am definitely a girl? XD

I'm asexual. Never had the hots for anyone in my life, and have been extremely confused, and/or creeped out when asked about it. It took six years of being 'out' for my family to get it. I'm not sure about my romantic orientation, tho. Possibly WTFromantic (Yes, that is a thing).

I'm also genderfluid, and have been officially identifying as that for two years. I kinda slip between male and female, never staying as one or the other for long.

i'm nonbinary, asexual, and demi-panromantic!

first of all, i've never felt comfortable with my assigned gender. ever since i was little i always hated being called a girl and i desperately wished i could just be a dude. or hell, anything else. i even used to go around on online games when i was young and pretend to be a guy just so i could feel comfortable for once and not be judged for the damn genitals i was born with. when i got older i started to do research on various different gender labels, in an attempt to just ... figure out why i felt like this. for a bit i figured that i must've just been transgender and my identity was as simple as that, but honestly just being a full-on dude didn't feel right either. all i wanted was to just be considered myself. just me and my weird personality. with no people judging me or any weird societal expectations that make no logical sense. eventually i just decided to call myself nonbinary, as it's really the only label i can think of that might fit me at all. i know some people (a lot, actually) feel very iffy about the nonbinary label, for many reasons, but i don't really care honestly. it makes me happy and comfortable, and that's all that matters.

second of all, i'm very sex-repulsed. sex in general is very disgusting to me and i really don't see any logical reasoning in it other than reproduction (and perhaps recreation if it's handled maturely and intelligently and you don't go crazy over it like most people i see.) otherwise? no thanks. y'all can do what you want i guess but i'm staying at least like 50 feet away from that nasty stuff at all times. though, for some reason i'm almost completely okay with fictional depictions of it?? i dunno, it just doesn't bother me at all for some reason. of course, i'd never seek it out intentionally (unless out of pure curiousity), but still, as long as it's fictional i'm cool with it. (i guess that's how i am with a lot of things though, like ships,,,, coughs very very loudly,,,,, hahaa,,,,)

third of all, i don't really care about what gender someone is when it comes to romantic relationships, all that matters to me is their personality (i don't even care about their appearance that much, lol.) and also, i decided to add the demi label to my romantic orientation, mostly because i rarely ever actually feel romantic attraction, and if i do it's only after i've been friends with someone for a long while and i've built up a very very strong emotional connection with them. haha, for a very long time i honestly thought i might've been aromantic, but i guess the world wasn't having that and i ended up getting my first crush out of the blue (pretty late compared to all of my peers, i might add.) hehehe, funny how life is sometimes. : P

wow, that ended up a lot longer than i thought it would. well, if you read that whole thing, i hope you enjoyed my weird dumb braindumping. <:

Imma REVIVE

I believe I am a Biromantic Heterosexual Transgender. Though, I haven't came out in real life. I'm too afraid for my friend's and family's reaction, despite them being supportive of the LGBT+ community.

First of all, when I was very little I only liked girls, though I slowly transitioned into liking both male and female's romantically. I was confused why I liked both genders, though I eventually learned of many classifications that just fit me, which helped me figure out who I was. In sixth grade, I liked my best friend romantically. That greatly shocked me for a long time, though I eventually learned why.

The Heterosexual shows that I am sexually attracted to males, taking into account how I am transgender. I'm not sure if you'd classify it as Homosexual or Heterosexual :p

I was born as a male, though I identify as a female. I always felt different, though I never thought about it. I felt like something wasn't right, but I didn't know what to make of it. When society called me a boy, and shaped me into one, I never liked it. At night, I'd go to my bed and wished I'd be female when I wake up.

Well that was a thing. I just wanted to throw my thoughts online, since I found this thread while looking at the forums. :3

Edit: Haha questioning my identity is fun. Honestly I don't know what I am right now, it's very troubling and confusing.

Last edited:
Hi! I'm Tyler, i'm Homosexual! Now for the story,
When I was in 4th grade I had a major crush on my friend Will. One day I confessed and he was totally discussed. Now i'm in High School and I love myself (Even if my family doesn't) I have lots of friends in the LGBTQ+ community, I still don't have boyfriend lol. Thanks for making this, I'm new here and I feel more welcome. (BTW The guy Will, he is a jerk now lol)

I'm a cisgender asexual panromantic female, and I'm here to tell my story.

I discovered the term asexual a couple of years ago. You see, my group of friends is generally very curious about sexuality and things along that line. One of my friends told us they were asexual, and I asked what that meant. They kindly explained, and I immediately had a "holy crap, this is me" moment. After that, I started to question myself. I found certain people attractive, but I wasn't sexually attracted to anyone. Later on, I found out that's called finding someone aesthetically pleasing, so I embraced the term asexual as something to describe myself. The panromantic part is pretty simple--I first and foremost prefer personality over appearance or gender, but I also have had crushes on several of my friends, mostly males but some females and one person who doesn't use any gender pronouns.