• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Gen V Take Deux.

437.gif

Bronzong @ Leftovers
HeatProof
Sassy (+Sp. Defense, -Speed)
252 HP, 84 Attack, 80 Def, 92 Sp. Defense
-Earthquake
-Payback
-Stealth Rock
-Hypnosis

560.gif

Scrafty @ Shell Bell
Moxie
Jolly (+Speed, -Sp. Attack)
252 Attack, 252 Speed
-Hi Jump Kick
-Crunch
-Ice Punch
-Dragon Dance

121gn.gif

Starmie @ Expert Belt
Natural Cure
Timid (+Speed, -Attack)
252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed
-Surf
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

646h.gif

Kyurem @ Life Orb
Pressure
Naive (+Speed, -Sp. Defense)
40 Attack, 252 Sp. Attack, 216 Speed
-Draco Meteor
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast
-Outrage

380rg.gif

Latias @ Leftovers
Levitate
Timid (+Speed, -Attack)
252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed
-Dragon Pulse
-Toxic
-Protect
-Wish

244ai.gif

Entei @ Life Orb
Pressure
Adamant (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
252 Attack, 252 Speed
-Flare Blitz
-Stone Edge
-Extremespeed
-Howl

Something that immediately steps out at me is the lack of consideration for Howl on Entei, did you think about that?

I'll give this a more indepth look later, but I imagine KoL would probably beat me to it - your teams are usually solid, Andrew. :)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
- Your Bronzong's an interesting one. Note that Explosion has received quite a nasty nerf to its power (only does 50% of the damage it used to now) so Hypnosis will likely be a more viable option for you. One thing to note with Balloon is that most people won't attempt Ground-type moves on Bronzong anyway since they expect Levitate, but if Bronzong does end up taking a hit your item's gone. Works wonders against Haxorus mind you.

- I'd consider Moxie for Scrafty over Shed Skin if you're running a sweeping set since Scrafty could do with the power boost, although Shed Skin works too if you'd prefer defense against burns and paralysis.

- Surf would probably work better on Starmie since Scald's more suited for bulkier Pokemon who aren't focusing on getting KOs. Expert Belt's a handy item to have since you can potentially fool opponents into thinking you carry a Choice Scarf when they see no Life Orb recoil - make the most of this one.

- If Kyurem wants a physical attack, you're better off using Outrage since Dragon Claw probably won't do enough damage to the likes of Blissey and friends to make it worthwhile, although Outrage's lockdown effect can backfire if you're not careful. If you wanted, you could use Dragon Pulse over Dragon Claw to provide a second Dragon STAB that doesn't drop your Sp.Attack, but I'll leave that up to you.

- Latias is fine as it is - other possible sets for it are Sub/Calm Mind and Choice Scarf/Trick sets as well as your current set. See what works best.

- As LoN said, Howl is worth taking into consideration since it's Entei's only physical setup move and, well, anything's better than nothing. Note that Life Orb's recoil on top of Stealth Rock weakness severely wounds Entei's otherwise good natural bulk - switch to something like Muscle Band or possibly even Choice Band if you find the residual damage is too much. Starmie could run Rapid Spin over Psychic possibly to help protect Entei (and Kyurem also) from Stealth Rock.

I must have completely overlooked Howl when I was staring at Marriland last night. Thanks for bringing it to my attention- it now has taken his last move slot! c:

As for Bronzong, I also didn't notice the explosion nerf. I gave him hypnosis instead to mess up other leads and setter-uppers.

Scrafty I'm still on the edge about giving Moxie, though I did change it above. I felt like, as a slower sweeper, he'd want all the protection he could get against burns and of the like. But I can only see how it plays out in a few weeks, I suppose.

I'd consider placing those 40 EVs of Attack back into Special Attack on Kyurem for Dragon Pulse, but I originally had Dragon Claw because I am quite afraid of Outrage; but I stuck it on there. I'll just have to see how it works out. It's just nice to have a way past those specially bulky mons.

Last edited by a moderator: