• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Gen 8 Predictions

Well, with gen 7 being released, I took my time to try and predict gen 8 starters, titles, legendary mascots, and storyline.
So, if you think I am wrong, reply and correct me.
Titles: Pokemon Uno, Pokemon Dos, Pokemon Tres
So, back to kanto. I think so because, red and blue are now in alola, which means now you can become the new champion, as the male protagonist named Cuatro and the female protagonist named Seis. If you pick boy, your rival is Ocho, and if you pick girl, your rival is Doce. Ocho is a boy, and Doce is a girl. The proffesor will be Daisy Oak.

Legendary mascots: Uno - Articuno, Dos - Zapdos, Tres - Moltres
I don't think we will be seeing any new legendary pokemon in gen 8, because gen 7 had a ton of legendary pokemon. But maybe in an event we could catch something like Cien, with a total stats of 1000.

Starters: Ground, Electric and water
I don't have really a reason, just maybe because for 7 generations weve been stuck with the same typings? I don't know. I just think it will be these typings. Just pure ground pure electric and pure water.

Storyline: Not just about becoming champion.
Yes, that's right, you can finish these games without becoming champion. All you have to do is to catch the legendary pokemon, and then sail to gen 9's region. But, that's for another time. I wont discuss gen 9, because 8 isn't out yet. Well, you start off as tourist, with one pokemon. At the beginning, you choose any of the starters from any generation until 7, your favorite, or whatever. Then, Your rival has no pokemon, and you give it to him/her, because you came here just to meet with your best friend, which is him/her. Daisy oak then sees that you have no pokemon, and lets you choose one of hers. Team rocket is back, and you have to stop them.

I don't have reasons for any of this, I just want the next games to be like this.

whilst i like the idea of numbers to name the games, if they were to do that I doubt they'd continue the numbers into the names, especially as obviously as leaving out tres when the first games are released but having the male protagonist cuatro.

I would like to see starters that either completely change type upon evolution, or gain an additional secondary type that is actually it's strength or weakness in the starter trio type, so the grass starter finishes Grass/Fire or Grass/Water, I think it'd be a really fun dynamic.

I'd also just like to say, unless they do another gen 1 remake, which god help us please no, we won't have another adventure in kanto unless it's following up on the plot of sun and moon, which I could see as just being a post-game section in stars, limited to very few areas such as the ruins in hgss that were 'in sinnoh' for the event arceus (or the similar giovanni event)

there was a distribution of a special arceus that if you took it to the ruins of alph cynthia would appear, take you to I want to say the Shinto ruins "in sinnoh" and you could create a dialga, palkia or giratina.
There was also a celebi, take it to the ilex forest shrine and it will trigger an event where you face giovanni and beat him, thus stopping him from contacting team rocket after hearing their radio transmission. Therefore the protagonist actually stopped Team Rocket on both accounts during their attempted revival.