• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Gen 6 sprites and shiny models?

I'd rather not drabble on and instead I'd rather get to the point.

Will there be sprites of the generation 6 (And 7) Pokémon? Whilst creating a trainer card I usually like to have all of them as sprites or all of them as models and while I prefer sprites if one of them is a model that sticks out among the sprite's I have to make them all models.

It's just a small pet peeve really and my slight OCD is probably kicking but I guess I'm just wondering.

In hindsight if the answer is you get the sprites from the games and so there is no sprites for gen 6 Pokémon, Pokémon showdown has some gen 6 sprites.

Also in hindsight if the answer is they'll be coming out in Trainer card maker V4 then awfully sorry.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Basically, as you get at in your post, we aren't planning to add any sprites for sixth or seventh generation Pokémon, as no official sprites for them exist. We can't steal sprites from Showdown, because they're created by the Pokémon community – as you can imagine, we'd be breaking our own rules if we used stolen art. :)

In terms of consistency, we have 6th generation models for all released Pokémon now, so we're not in a situation where you have to mix and match anymore.

Hope that helps! :)

Alrighty thanks and yeah understandable ^~^ Onto the second point which I kinda forgot to add there appears to only be shiny models of Megas or gen 6 Pokémon, like is there any plans to intro shiny models of gen 1,2,3,4,5 in version 4?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "version 4," but the Gen 6 shiny models were hand-made, so that won't be an option for the other 649 Pokémon. Right now, I've got nothing to announce on whether we'll get them in a different way or not – the current focus is on preparing for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon's release. :)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Well, we're currently running version 4.1 of the Trainer Card Maker, so the next version of it would be 4.1.1, 4.2, or 5.0, depending on how big the changes are. That said, that number denotes which version of the code the TCM is running – we don't make it any bigger when we add new sprites, backgrounds, panels, etcetera. :)