• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Geminos: ~Threads of Uncertainty~ (Role Play Thread)

Sandra grinned and placed a hand on her hip. "Well, unless you fancy having the street as your pillow and the night sky as your blanket, I say we hire a room somewhere. I'll heal up Beepbeep and be back in a jiffy." Whistling to herself, the girl went through the procedure of healing her Pokémon before meeting up with her friends. "On my way to Route 1 I spotted this inn called 'The Sleepy Slowpoke'. It is close to the edge of town and pretty cheap, so whaddaya say? Of course, we can also crash here. I don't mind either way, anything's better than the street." Covering her mouth with her hand, she let out a yawn. "Sorry bout that, today's been intense."

"I booked our rooms," Eleonor informed as she rejoined the group. She presented a jingling bunch of keys, five in total, for the five rooms she'd booked to accommodate the five members of their group. She distributed the keys to Rowan, Sandra, Dolan, and Devin, then promptly bid them adieu. "Don't stay up too late, à demain~"

The keys rang once more as she waved her good nights and disappeared into the hall that led to the Pokecenter's dormitories. The Sinnoh-raised teen held her keys to eye-level and noted the room-number that'd been engraved on its side. Her eyes scanned the hall for the room with the matching number. The hall's rooms were labeled in ascending order with even numbers on the right and odds on the left and her room was the fourth on the left, "Lucky number 7," she murmured.

As she unlocked the door and pushed into the simple, but well-kept room, Eleonor sighed. She would've preferred a hotel: a comfy bed, plush sheets, gourmet meals for breakfast and lunch, and all the convenience of room service; but, most of the hotels well fully booked by this time. Seafare City was the most visited city in the Geminos region. It boasted the region's largest international port and as much as 80% of tourists would arrive there. The consistently high volume of travelers ensured that by the evening's hours, the Inns and Hotels around Seafare were fully booked. Being just the next town over, Aquamarine city often held whatever overflow of tourists Seafare couldn't accommodate and Eleonor imagined that the group had already missed their chance to secure rooms. Especially since theirs was a sizeable group of five plus accompanying pokemon.

Another resigned sign slipped from Eleonor's lips just as she slipped out of her clothing and prepared for bed. She plugged the bath and flipped on the tap, then she fluffed the pillows that had been provided along with her medium-sized bed. By the time she'd finished with the pillows, she had a warm bath ready and waiting. She entered the bathroom with her grooming kit and poke-balls and her pokemon joined her as she soaked, the bath just large enough to fit them all. Eleonor allowed herself fifteen minutes to relax and then she grabbed her grooming kit and got to work. Two hours later, her entire party was groomed and squeaky clean. Cordelia's teeth had been filed, Aveta's barbs trimmed, Nynyve's shell wiped, and Rio's fur washed and dried.

With her routine completed, it was finally time for bed. After she drained and re-filled the bath, which became Nynyve's bed, she slipped into her own bed with her remaining pokemon right behind her. Not long afterward, she was fast asleep...

Morning rays cut through the light fog that had settled over Aquamarine city. Even this early in the morning, the city was abuzz with activity. As residents and tourists alike prepared for the regional renowned bi-annual fishing competition, the officers of Aquamarine patrolled the canals, puzzling over the mystery on their hands.

"Uh, yeah. See ya tomorrow." Sandra was a bit surprised by the language that Eleonor used, but recovered quickly. "Welp guys, have a good night's sleep. Tomorrow, we've got a city trip on the schedule and a gym battle. You better not lose again Devin, or I'm taking that Dratini from you. Night everyone." Slapping his shoulder with a big grin, the girl went to her room. It was the one with the number 16. It wasn't anything over the top, but it was good enough for her. Letting the bathtub fill, she prepared for some nice relaxation time. The day had not left her untouched, there was a decent amount of flith and dirt on her and her clothes. Tossing her clothes aside, she entered the bathtub and felt her muscles relax. After freshening up, Sandra put on her pyjamas and let her clothes soak in the bathtub before drying them on the heater that was situated in the bathroom. Letting out a yawn, the girl brushed her teeth and went to bed.

Morning had arrived, and with it came Sandra. Waking up on time this time around, she put on her clothes that were nice and warm before brushing her teeth again and went down for some breakfast. As she took a bite of her waffle with whipped cream, she looked at the calender that hung on the wall. 'Bi-annual fishing competition', that was something that caught Sandra's eye. She wasn't awful at fishing, and she might win a price or two if she joined. The Johtonian made up her mind, she was going to compete in that competition and good luck to anyone trying to stop her. Beepbeep wasn't the strongest Pokémon around, but an electric shock was an electric shock. Plus Kangaskhan would probably be intimidating enough for most people. Speaking of Kangaskhan, she needed to give her a name. "Let's see. Kangaskhan is the Parent Pokémon and an all female species. Mom, that was close to matron no?. Copying the language that Ellen used last night to the best of her extent, she said matron again. That's when it came to her, the best name of all. As she grabbed the Poké ball of the Kangaskhan, Sandra had a giddy smile before telling the Normal type her new name. "You shall be Crouton."

Dolan looked at the key he was handed, "Lady gave Dolsn a key? Dolan has a key. I thought for sure I was gonna have to sleep outside! This is a nice change of pace!" Dolan thought to himself. Dolan got up, Gosil jumped on Skol's back as they headed to their room, "Slooow?" Skol wondered as the small bug sat on his back. Gosil let out a small roar and motioned for Skol to continue moving onward. For all tenses and purposes Gosil believed himself to be king ,and all these people around him were either servants or annoying and should just leave him alone.

Maybe coming with this trainer would provide him more poffins! A fair trade. The humble king travels with this lowly peasant, and get more snacks! That's the ticket! Gosil was hooked. He didn't care about his old life anymore, anyways.

Skol on the other hand was more laid back and just happy to continue watch the clouds pass by with his trainer. A simple carefree life, what else could a person want?

Dolan eventually arrived at his room. He used the key to gain access. He slowly opened the door to a pitch dark room. He turned on the light, and Skol walked on in, "Make yourselves at home" Dolan said. Before walking into the room, his eyes widened when he realized he didn't thank the lady. His look changed into a more puzzled expression as he realized, he didn't know the lady's name. One problem at a time, I guess? "Thankyou! Thanks for the room key, mysterious lady!" Dolan cheerfully yelled.

Dolan headed into his room. Gosil already claimed the bed as his rightful throne. Which is why he got angry when Skol made himself comfy on the bed as well, but that anger was short lived. Skol rolled over, and accidentally rolled on the poor little bug. Gosil let out a yelp, before prying himself loose from the slowpoke. Gosil scurried under the blankets and made himself comfy near the foot of the bed. With wounded pride, the small bug decided to go to sleep and maybe get back at that slowpoke later on. For now, its time for bed.

Skol let out a yawn which caused Gosil to yawn once more. Of course, Gosil let out an angry roar immidiatly afterwards.

Dolan walked over to the window, and looked outside. The night sky was dark and dim. He went to the bathroom to get a shower, and change to pajamas. His pajamas were mint green pajama pants, and shirt. They had pictures of of wooloo and mareep decorating them. Time for bed. Dolan got in bed. Gosil tried to ignore the feet near him, and went back to sleep. Skol slept right next to him. Dolan got up to turn out the lights, but Tripped over a chair in his way back to the bed. Then stubbed his pinky toe before finally getting in bed.

That night Dolan began. Sleep talking, "Why yes, I would love some honey on that. Pour it on there real good! No... Don't touch 'Old Reliable'. You won't like me when I'm mad. What was that? I'd love a bike ride! I choose the acro bike of course! Nah fam, I'm good. Now that's what I call dummy thicc! Thicker than whole milk. No! Don't put sprinkles on the ice cream! You'll ruin it!" Dolan continued to randomly ramble on as he slept.

He eventually awoke the next morning. He got out of his bed similar to how an undead thrall is risen back to life. Dolan gasped for breath then looked at his pokémon, "Breakfast time!" Dolan said excitedly. He walked out of his room, and paused when he realized he was still wearing his pajamas. He went back in his room, and changed in the bathroom to his regular day clothes. He slammed the door open, "Gooooooooooood Moooooorning world! Arceus bless this wonderful day, that I will have!" Dolan cheered. Skol cheerfully lifted his paw, "slow" Skol cheered. Gosil was not amused and angrily gestured for them to continued moving. Dolan was not going to skip breakfast. The Distortion World would freeze over before that happened. He also spotted a fishing competition poster. He just had to attend that now! A few people were already eating breakfast, "mornin" Dolan said walking over to the breakfast serving area. Dolan got toast with oran berry jelly, and a glass of pinap berry juice for breakfast. His pokémon ate assorted berries for their breakfast.

Last edited:

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist

Newt awoke to the sun shining down on his face. He was in a slightly damp sleeping bag that he thankfully had on hand at the time. It wasn’t the most pleasant night under the stars, but if he was stranded at least he got some good sleep.

“You know...I almost thought if I slept this off, maybe I would have woken up somewhere else.” Newt groaned.

Dunsparce was seen digging a hole in the sandbar, trying to make a tunnel back to land. But as it got a few feet down, it began to fill up with water. It panicked and leaped back up on the even land, hissing at the water.

“Dunsparce, I don’t think the eighth time will make much a difference.”

The now holed rittled sandbar was a testament to their desperate need to leave. Looking into the water, Newt was starting to get anxious. He didn’t want to stick around in case that Sharpedo had a score to settle.

“Okay so...hm. Maybe we can get a Pokémon to help us...”

Right on cue, a wailmer was seen plodding around on the water. Newt stood up, calling over to the blue whale like creature.

“Wailmer, can we use your blubber as a life raft?”

The wailmer seemed freaked out by how that was worded, yelping off under the water. Something told Newt that he was going to be here for a while.

Devin had taken his own key as Terra barked happily and he gave a thankful nod as Sandra wished him good luck which made Devin smile even shyly, yeah tomorrow may have been the big fishing day for the rest of the group but for him it was a matter of progressing to their level and redeeming his own failures. "Thanks, that means a lot. This time will be different, you can take that to the bank." Devin said before he then wished everyone goodnight as he moved to his room with Terra in toe.

The two settled in their room, as Terra barked happily while she ran around the room as Devin sheepishly tried to keep her from making a mess of things; seemed she was perhaps a touch too excited for what was to come tomorrow. In a way Devin envied that enthusiasm & natural confidence as he called his partner over while he sat upon the edge of the bed. Once Terra came over, he called his other partner Ellie as the Dratini and Rockruff glanced upon their partner; one expression nerved confusion, the other more optimistic anticipation as Devin thought over what he wanted to say before he just had began to speak.

"Tomorrow is a big day for us, Ellie you made me proud today and I am sure you will again tomorrow. Terra I always know I can count on you to give it your all, I promise to bring my best to support you both. Gym Leaders are no joke, but I am sure that this time we can and will do this but no matter what happens let's just try to go out there and leave nothing off the table. If we do that, I am sure we won't have regrets..." Devin said, rubbing the back of his head as he wondered if he was the guy who really should be giving motivational speeches, but even as he wondered over his words he felt a soft pressing as he looked down as both Terra and Ellie offered support and cuddled by their partner. This surprise turned to a feeling of assurance as he smiled softly and patted both on the heads spreading the warmth back to his partners.

"Well, let's get some sleep. We'll need plenty of rest for tomorrow." Devin said, as he returned Ellie to her Pokeball setting it on the lamp stand next to the bed before he and Terra climbed onto the bed as they turned off the lights and everyone drifted to sleep.

-----The Next Day-----
Devin slowly woke in the early morning hours, well not so much as had woken up as Terra jump on his stomach to get him off as Devin coughed out before he felt loving licks along his cheek which caused him to chuckle in amusement.

"Always so full of energy. I really should consider taking you for walks." Devin said as Terra barked happily before the pair got up, got changed and set out towards the breakfast area with the others.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Rowan smiled as he was handed his key by the Ellen, who seemed to be boundless in generosity and tended to be the travelling group's self appointed organizer, first designating a space for his friends and him to have a double battle and now booking each of them rooms. What impressed the Alolan trainer even more was that her generosity even extended to relative strangers, evidenced by Dolan getting a key as well. Now feeling warm and positive, Rowan made his way to The Sleepy Slowpoke, eager to finally call it a night. Upon entering his room, #23 in his case, he noticed that it was homely and compact as opposed to an extravagant suite like he anticipated.

Well, I suppose that's what I get for being naïve. Unfortunately, my naïve nature doesn't make me any faster...

After chuckling to himself, Rowan released all of his Pokémon in the room, and instructed them to avoid making a mess of things before taking a long shower. As the Pokémon were roaming the room, K18 spotted Aco in the corner of his eye. Remembering the time when he bit the Eevee and gave him a burn, the Growlithe thought that it would be best to make amends after that brutal first impression.

"Grrowlll...lithe?"(Hey...you alright?) The Puppy Pokémon began slowly as he approached the sleepy Eevee, who was just about to begin taking a nap.

"Vee, eva..."(I'm fine, despite the burn.) The normal type tersely fired back at the fire type, being predictably bitter over their first meeting.

"Liithe...Growlithe growl,"(Sorry...I wasn't thinking straight,) With apprehension, the Growlithe briefly delved into his life with his pack, "Growl growl, lithe growl..."(I was always a bit of a runt, so I wanted to prove myself...)

"Vee, Eevee..."(Oh, I'm sorry...) Regret panged the Evolution Pokémon's voice, seeming to sympathize with the Fire type's plight.

"Growlithe growl. Growlithe?"(But I want to put that behind us. Wanna be friends?) K18 wasn't keen on staying sad for long, perking up as he offered the Eevee his friendship. To seal the deal, the Puppy stuck out his tongue like a dope after he made his offer.

"Vee...eva!"(Sure...why not!) At first, Aco was hesitant, but the hesitation was eased by the Growlithe friendliness and goofiness. Shortly after the two Pokémon formed a foundation of comradery, Rowan exited the shower in a bathrobe, with his outfit drying after he soaked it in warm, soapy water. Fully relaxed, it didn't take Rowan long to fall asleep. By the time Rowan had exited the shower, Manti and Sulum was already asleep, with Aco and K18 drifting into unconsciousness once the lights were turned off.

The Next Day...
Rowan was awoken by the sunlight hitting his eyelids, rising from his bed shortly after realizing how bright it was outside. Not wanting to disturb his Pokémon, he tip-toed over to the room's table to grab their Pokéballs, recalling them so they could sleep uninterrupted. Once he brushed his teeth, washed up again, and got dressed, he exited his room to look for his friends in the hallways.

I want to wish Devin good luck for his upcoming battle, and I wanna see if I can spend some time in the city with Sandra. Both of those would be nice...

Adventure Log #3
I just woke up back at the Seafare pokemon center in the middle of the night. None of the other trainers I was with before were there. I wonder what happened to them? My arm was in a cast, but it didn’t hurt that bad. Nurse Joy said some strong trainer dropped me off with a Scorbunny. My arm was broken and the Scorbunny was pretty beaten up, but thanks to the nurse and her chansey she said Scorbunny will be just fine and my arm will be back to normal in just a few weeks! I’m so glad Scorbunny’s okay!

Adventure Log #4
I left the Pokémon center this morning and headed to route one for more training. I’m happy we ended up beating the poacher but I gotta get stronger cause there’s not always gonna be someone there to save me! Scorbunny decided to tag along too and I ended up catching him and nicknaming him Ace cause he reminded me of a great athlete. He’s super tough! I thought fire types were supposed to be weak to rock and ground types, but when we got into a battle with a Rhyhorn he shrugged off a bulldoze attack like it was a grass type move a finished it off with a wicked high jump kick! I looked it up after and it turns out Ace has a special ability that lets him change his type depending on what move he’s using. How cool is that!?

That’s not all though. Jett and Topaz learned some new moves but the craziest thing was when we were sitting down for lunch a Bagon came crashing down on us from the cliff we were eating below flapping its arms like it was trying to fly! It had a bit of a temper and challenged Jett to a fight. Jett kicked its butt but the little guy just wouldn’t give up. The Bagon kept following us around and kept challenging different members of the team until eventually it just passed out from hunger!

The little guy was determined and he began to grow on me so I decided to share my dinner with him. He perked right back up after that and challenged Jett to another battle, only this time after we won I threw the great ball I had been saving for a special occasion since I heard Bagon can evolve into a super cool dragon. Thankfully it worked and I nicknamed him Komo after another flightless dragon.

I can’t believe two more Pokémon are traveling with me today! Adventures are the best! Tomorrow we’re gonna get right back to training so we’ll be ready to challenge the gym when we get to Aquamarine City!

Adventure Log #5
Wow! Today was crazy. Komo sure is a piece of work, he’s so focused on just attacking in battle that he ends up getting defeated after his opponent outsmarts him.

Then after that, I had my first double battle against this older guy named Duke. He was definitely a bit more experienced than me. He had a Charmeleon and Kadabra that he used to battle Topaz and Ace. We ended up losing, but I was super proud of how great those two battled. It was a really good chance to learn and he gave me a ton of helpful tips. We ended up traveling and training together all along route one. Komo even learned how to use dragon breath which is way stronger than the ember he was using before!

Duke ended up catching this crazy strong looking Absol and after dinner he wanted have another double battle! This time though he used Absol instead of Kadabra and I used Jett and Komo since I knew they had an advantage against Charmeleon. It was really tough but all day I had been planning a strategy to beat him. Jett used water sport to weaken the fire type moves of Charmeleon, and then after using Dragon Dance Komo was able to fight Charmeleon equally for a really long time! Komo and Charmeleon both used Dragon Breath, but Charmeleons attack was more powerful and super effective so Komo got knocked out. Jett was the real hero though. While he was fighting in a 2v1 Jett hit Charmeleon with Aqua Tail and knocked it out! I thought we were gonna win against Absol, and after using Fury Cutter a few times Jett was able to over power Absol’s Night Slash and was about to deliver the finishing blow when Absol’s Future Sight attack was trigged and knocked Jett out.

It was a bummer we lost again but I think Jett and Komo definitely got a lot stronger and I’m feeling way more confident for my gym battle!

Duke decided he wanted to keep going forward for his own gym challenge and I thought I’d hang back on route one to get a bit more training in. We ended up trading numbers so we could battle again someday and he even called me his rival!

What a cool day!

Present Day
As soon as the smallest shred of sun broke through the horizon and a even a single ray of sunshine hit Atticus’s tightly shut eyelids he was filled with energy and jolted to his feet.

“Come on guys! Get up, get up! We gotta do more training before we challenge the gym today!!!” He cheered to his sleepy Pokemon. Topaz growled at his trainer and curled into a ball, Jett rolled over to his other side, and Ace groggily began to stretch. In fact, it was only the clumsy Bagon who matched the energy of his trainer. Komo had already launched into action and was thrusting itself at any rock or tree it could find.

“That’s the spirit Komo! I guess that just means you’ll be getting first dibs at breakfast.” Atticus chimed. His tease did not go unnoticed as the other three pokemon knew that the gluttonous dragon getting first dibs at breakfast meant they would almost certainly starve. The trio immediately jumped to their feet and began enthusiastically training as well.

A few hours later

“Thank you for waiting. Your Pokémon are all fighting fit.”

“Thank you so much!”

Atticus had just began waltzing out of the Pokémon center feeling confident than ever when...
....Grrrrrrrr.....
Simultaneously the trainers stomach growled along with the rest of his Pokémon who all shot an icy glare at Atticus.

“Oh yeah... I promised you guys breakfast, didn’t I? Sorry, I guess I just got a little caught up in things.” The boy chuckled his apology and awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck.

“Nurse Joy, would it be alright if we grabbed some breakfast?”

“Certainly! Just head straight straight to the right and you’ll get to the cafeteria.”

“Sweet, thanks again!”

Driven by nothing but hunger, Atticus and his Pokémon raced each other down the hall for the opportunity to get dibs at the feast that awaited them. While Atticus was a passable chef, his cooking wasn’t anything that would satisfy the cravings of the young pokemon, and all five of them salivated at the mere thought of a proper meal.

It didn’t take long for the group to ravage the buffet, each forming their own monstrosities of plates. Topaz munched away at a mountain of every type of berry, Ace devoured a stack of syrup drenched pancakes with a side of pancakes covered in whipped cream, Komo had claimed a plate full of sausage and bacon, and Atticus served himself a large helping of eggs, two slices of toast, and a generous scoop of hash browns. Jett was the only one amongst them with a shred of modesty (perhaps because while the others had been dependent on Atticus on food throughout the journey, Jett would catch his own meal in a nearby river) and was content with his single bagel covered with schmear and lox.

“That’s right guys, chow down! We’ve got a big battle today!!!” Atticus cheered, his excitement carrying his voice farther than he planned as the declaration was made loud enough for the entire cafeteria to hear.

Eleonor was truly loath to spend another night at the pokemon center. Her dislike didn't stem from any inadequacies in the Pokemon Center utilities: the rooms were small but cozy; the sheets clean and fresh, even if slightly faded—Eleonor presumed they were washed almost daily to match the Pokecenter's human traffic—and most impressive, was the fact that it was all freely given.

The amount of work that went into running a Pokemon Center, she now realized, was simply staggering. Arceus bless the extended Joy Family and their single-minded pursuit of altruism. Eleonor knew she could never sacrifice so much while expecting nothing in return and even out of simple respect for the pink-haired Nurse, she could never find fault with the woman's arrangements. However, who she did find fault with were the other patrons.

A voice brimming with eager passion echoed from the cafeteria and roused her from restfulness. Eleonor loathed being awoken too early, it was all sorts of unpleasant, and she could feel her resulting irritation like a weight on her chest. Wait—no, that was just Rio. The little pup had claimed Eleonor's bosom as its bed and, realizing she that was awake, generously applied its warm, wet, and slobbery love to her face.

Eleonor was unamused, but Cordelia snickered in schadenfreude. The trainer sat up, causing the sheets and occupying pokemon to fall away. Her vision was blurred, but she could just make out the bundle of clothes she'd left on the floor last night. She grimaced.

Since arriving in Geminos, she'd gone through two sets of clothes and was in dire need of a laundry machine. Her relatively light travel amenities included only four sets of clothing, that last of which she had only just bought. The three sets she had brought with her were very standard outfits: white blouses laced with frills and slate-grey skirts too complement her mature and professional demeanor. However, her newest outfit was a bit unorthodox. It was still mature and semi-formal, but its designs were noticeably more eye-catching.

Eleonor was eager to try out her latest purchase and quickly decided it was the dress of the day. After her morning routine and hygiene, Eleonor laid her new outfit across the bed for a moment's admiration. Once she was satisfied, she began to dress.

She stepped into a silky pair of lace-up tights. The fabric clad her legs with stocking-like coverage save for the front, where lace strings criss-crossed to her thighs, exposing a strip of skin. The tights were black, as was the rest of her below-the-waist outfit that consisted of a knee-lengthed ruffled skirt and wide-heeled boots. Above her waist, she donned a long-sleeved, shoulder-less blouse with flared ends.

After a final once-over in the mirror, Eleonor departed her room with pokemon in-tow. When she arrived in the Pokemon Center's common area, she realized that she had been the last to wake.

"Bonjour, comment ça va—how are you?" she greeted and inquired, her question posed to no one in particular.

As Devin sat down it seemed most had arrived before him, though a couple of people seemed to arrive thereafter as Eleanor made the final arrival of their little "group" as he figured they were as he nodded along in acknowledgement and Terra barked happily her way.

"M-morning, I am doing okay. A little nervous for the Gym Battle but sure we'll be fine." Devin answered as Terra seemed almost too giddy for her own good as she bounced a bit at the mention; seemed she was eager for a second go at the Gym after their failure the previous attempt.

Dolan continued to eat his toast. Gosil continued to stick his nose up, and see him self like a god among tiny little ants even smaller than Gosil. The thought filled the lil wimpod with joy. Meanwhile, Skol was laying, face first into an empty bowl. It would appear Skol ate all his food, and was now simply relaxing and enjoying the cool breeze.

Dolan grabbed himself a refill of pinap berry juice. Dolan had a mouthful of toast when the key lady walked in, so he didn't initially talk when she walked in, "Mornin'. Bongore or something. Thanks for the key, lady. Domo arigato gozai mashita" Dolan said after swallowing his food. Dolan drank his juice, "Gym battle? Hmmm..." Dolan said confused. "Gym battles aren't Skol's style, I think..." Dolan thought to himself. He looked at Skol, who now had a bowl stuck on his head. Dolan carefully pulled the bowl off, "Gym battles definitely aren't your style buddy, but that's okay because your fine just the way you are" Dolan thought to himself.

Dolan looked at his cell phone and realized his dad messaged him last night telling him about 'Old Reliable'. Dolan texted his dad that morning, thanking him. He happily grabbed Old Reliable, placing her on his back. "Ya boi is going to catch a pokéman! Fishing contest here I come! But first. Finish breakfast! He got another glass of pinap berry juice. Dolan liked sour juice, so this was right up his alley.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Newt sighed as a rather irritable Seadra swam past him, leaving the boy with a field of bubbles and a sour taste in his mouth. This was going nowhere. It’s as if the wildlife in this region was just as much a jerk as the people. A full fourteen hours and still not any closer to escaping this sandbar.

“Well that’s not going anywhere fast...”

Speaking of not going anywhere fast, Newt looked over to find Dunsparce, still digging new holes to just find water again and again. He must have been in thirty or so.

“Dunsparce, your just gonna tire yourself out. We have to conserve energy.”

“Sparce!”

The bug snake was defiant. It whirred up it’s drill tail and spun into another hole, much to Newt’s growing despair. They’d never get off this sand hell. Maybe if he tossed Wynaut in a pokeball into the water they could tell the story on how they died of starvation for the future generations.

*Tink!*

“...?”

That wasn’t the sound of sand burrowing he’d been grown accustom to. No. That sounded solid. A curious brow grew on his head as he leaned down to Dunsparce’s new hole.

“...Sparcy?”

The Pokémon had impacted something tan and brown. It looked as if it were a rock...but something felt off at the texture of it.

“Maybe it’s an opening to something...maybe an underground tunnel?” Newt pondered. “Let’s dig it up!”

He was ready to try anything at this point. So Dunsparce quickly went to work, digging around the rocky object. As more and more became unearthed, the more perplexing it got. Enough sand and powdery dirt was dug out to reveal the outline of the thing.

I was long, thick, and fishlike. It was if a large decayed fish had died here but refused to decay. Earth and mud had caked onto the exterior of the fish, rittled all long it’s fifteen foot long body.

“Is it a...fossil?”

Dunsparce appeared equally as perplexed, unsure what the next course of action would be.

*drip*

“Huh? Dunsparce!”

the other holes that Dunsparce had made began to buckle as the water stored in them began to trickle through the new hole, splashing down on Dunsparce and the fossil.

“Here, you’ve never been the best climber!”

Dunsparce reached down for him, the johto native Pokémon leaping out and coiling on his arm, allowing the trainer to retrieve him.

it seemed that hole was all it took to make all the other ones break down, forming a pond of water in the center of the sandbar. Newt looked down to the cowering bug.

“And that’s why you listen to me next time, eh? Now we have less than half of this island remaining. Now I’m getting claustrophobic...”

*rumble* *rumble* *rumble*

“Oh what now...”

*Sploooosh!*

Out of the water in the middle of the sandbar came the fossil they dug up, moving with new life! The earthen fish slightly moved it’s craggy head, giving a deep and monotonous bellow.

“The Pokémon...it’s alive?!”

“Sparce!”

The stout pokemon bumped into the edge of it’s small pond, not expecting it to be so small.

“Re....li....”

Suddenly, the fish pokemon began to brute force it’s way past the sand with it’s head! The sands parted like Moses parting the red sea as it made a beeline for the water:

“Caaaaaaaaaanth...!”

*Kawoooosh!*

Relicanth had arrived back into the water, the display of power shocking both the human and Dunsparce present.

“So THAT was what was down there...” Newt blinked. “I’ve never heard of this pokemon before...”

“Dun-Sparce...”

“But that still brings us back to square one! How are we going to get off this rock?!”

The fish stopped. Listening in to the conversation. It slowly began to turn to them, swimming up to the sandbar in front of their feet. It’s breast and gullet rubbed up along the shore, propping it’s back up to them.

“Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaanth.” The monotone fish uttered like a tugboat.

“Do you think it wants us to hop on...?”

“Sparce!”

Dunsparce took it as a yes, hopping on quickly like an excited puppy, nestling right at the fish’s neck. Newt was a bit more cautious, carefully taking a seat on the fish. Gulping, he looked down to their generous helper.

“Uh...I can’t breathe underwater. So hope you know that.”

There was no response from the Relicanth, but it did slowly begin to kick off. After a few seconds, the sandbar was abandoned, Newt and his friend were now on their way downstream.

Newt was always paranoid about new experiences, his anxiety always one to tell him to run away. Normally sitting atop a creature surrounded by water he couldn’t swim in would be terrifying to him. But with Relicanth’s slow and mellow speed, he found his heart rate relaxing itself.

He closed his eyes, allowing him to hear the rustling leaves in the wind, the squawking wingull flocks above, and the mellow flow of water as it rippled out from Relicanth’s fins.

“This...” Newt started. “...I don’t mind this.”

Last edited:
"Mmmh, Bonne Chance—Good luck," Eleonor nibbled on a slice of buttered toast. Her breakfast consisted of three such slices; but, the remaining two, topped with spreads of Snover-berries and Grottle-berries, had already disappeared into her stomach. Unlike Dolan, she had opted for simple water instead of berry juice, and with it, she washed down the last of her breakfast.

With breakfast finished, Eleonor took a moment to consider her next course of action. Joining Devin and company to spectate his gym battle was an appealing option; she had an interest in toughening up herself and her pokemon after that nasty run-in in the forest; but, she also didn't want to impose on the group of young kids. The kids looked a few years her juniors, and the age-gap between them and her could, for all she knew, complicate things.

To go or not to go, that was the question. But, It wasn't Eleonor who would answer it. The Sinnoh-born trained perked up in surprise as her wrist tingled and her Poketch hummed.

"A call...?" Eleonor rarely got calls. Her parents were a couple that lived by the saying 'Mangez bien, riez souvent, aimez beaucoup' which meant 'eat well, laugh often, love a lot', and while they lived, laughed and loved, they often forgot they actually had a daughter. However, Eleonor didn't mind that, she much preferred to stay out of her parent's whirlwind lifestyle; and, in any case, this call wasn't from her parents. It was from—"Lt. Archibald?"

"Excusez Moi, I have to take this." The trainer—no, the junior investigator—stepped away from the table and over to a more secluded corner of the Pokemon Center. When she had ensured there was no one within immediate earshot, she answered the call. Her conversation carried on in hushed tones, her voiced nearly inaudible until—

"A WHAT!?"

The girl staggered, her surprised outburst carrying her voice across the Pokemon center.

"You're...joking, right?"

"No, of course not. You're right, this is no joking matter. I'll see to it at once, sir."

The call ended and Eleonor, evidently shaken by whatever it was that she'd heard, immediately gathered her Pokemon. She returned them to their pokeballs hastily before rushing over to the table to grab her bag. In a panicked fluster, and without a single word of explanation, she rushed out of the pokemon center and into the streets.

'Oh heavens, what have I gotten myself into now...'

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Not having any luck in the hallways, Rowan opted to check out of the inn and hit the town, presuming that he'd find someone he was vaguely familiar with. Sure enough, once he left the Sleepy Slowpoke, it didn't take long for him to spot Ellen hurriedly exit the Pokémon Center, a far cry from the calm and collected demeanor she usually held. Wanting to ensure that she was okay in addition to thanking her for booking the rooms, the Alolan trainer attempted to intercept Eleonor on her route.

"Hey!" Rowan called out to the woman in hopes of getting her attention. Though he wanted to say more, he believed that shouting anything more in a street would be both unnecessary and impolite.

"Fishing contest? I wish you guys the best of luck. I-I hope to catch least the tail end of the action but I am sure you will do great." Devin said as he offered his support to Dolan and anyone else who planned to partake in the fishing contest. Devin imagined between the Gym Battle and Pokemon Center visit that would follow he'd miss most of it but he hoped to catch some highlights. Depended on how things ended up pacing themselves.

Eleanor seemed to be forced away off some call and moved out of the building in a hurry which had gotten Devin's concern. Part of him wanted to follow her as he worried about what may have caused such a sudden exit, but he was reminded of his Gym Battle. He'd rather not linger and delay things on anyone's end if they ended up waiting for him and he figured that others present likely had better social skills anyway. With a sigh he'd stand and face the others.

"I-if one of you could make sure Eleanor is okay I'd appreciate it..." Devin said in reference to Eleanor, before he also would depart once he finished his own serving of food. Terra would follow his step as the pair worked their way back to their destination as they soon entered the local gym.

The time for round 2 had began.​

Dolan heard Eleanor's outburst, followed by her leaving the pokécenter. Gosil scoffed at the outburst as well as any other talkative person within earshot. Skol was too spaced out to notice. Dolan turned to the guy who wished him luck on his fishing, "thanks, choom" Dolan said. He turned to Gosil, "guess it's time to get going" Dolan said. Dolan lifted the little bug up. The bug angrily wiggled its legs around and snapping its jaw, but Dolan's throat was not within biting range. He sat Gosil on his head, "Coming buddy?" Dolan said, looking at Skol.

Gosil looked outside, if he had to go, atleast he didn't have to walk, like a peasant. As he walked outside, he decided to head to the fishing contest area. After 15 minutes of walking around aimlessly and very much lost, he decided to ask for help. "Scuse me!" Dolan yelled. "Gaaah!" An man sitting in front of Dolan yelled, falling to the floor. The angry old woman violently began smacking Dolan in the face with a newspaper, "You damned whippersnapper startlin' old folks, what you do that for?! Look what ya did to Henry!... Henry? Henry!" She yelled. Henry was on the ground, hand clutched to his chest, just barely holding on. The lady got down, and pulled the chest pain medication out her purse, and managed to get him to take them.

After a few minutes, he was able to get up, but at this time, Dolan had already ran off out of fear of being hit in the face again. "That was a close one!" Dolan said. Gosil bit Dolan on his head for running so fast that the lil wimpod nearly flew off. Gosil wasn't ready to try learn fly just yet. Skol casually walked over to Dolan since the woman was not angry at the pokémon. Dolan stopped once more when he saw the ugliest baby he ever did see. "Woah! I never seen such an odd looking baby before!" Dolan said. "Escuse me?" The mother said. "That baby has the face of a feebas and the body of a munchlax" Dolan said before lifting his arms to protect himself. He ran again. Gosil bit Dolan once more, and again, Skol casually walked over. "I forgot to ask that lady for directions!" Dolan said.

Dolan eventually got the hint. As he wandered aimlessly, he eventually found someone to ask directions. This time, not pissing anyone off. He also eventually arrived at the contest area. "Looks like going pokéballs deep into another day of fishing, old Reliable!" Dolan said talking to his fishing pole.

"You don't need to say anything, old Reliable. I understand, completely... Yeah, that baby was pretty dam ugly tho. Glad we can agree on that, old Reliable" Dolan didn't get out much so he talked to his fishing pole a lot.

Jackie was enjoying her breakfast along side her team. They were sitting at the bleachers, her Corsola and Poliwag. At the same time there were a couple of water Pokemon using the swimming pool, which was the battle field. She had just dug her teeth into a big chunk of ham when she saw Devin walk in. The entire cast of Pokemon shot a quick glare at the new arrival, until Jacky sighed and bit of a piece of the ham and began chewing. The water Pokemon began slowly leaving the pool and heading to the back while Polo and Cora followed their trainer across the gym. Jacky wiped her hands clean on her pants and gulped as she stood on her side of the battle arena.

"Welcome to my gym! Regardless of whether you respect breakfast time or not, I, Jacky accept..." She squinted her eyes at Devin. "Oh it's you again! Back so soon? Let me guess, you got stronger with the power of friendship? Did you EV train all day? Caught a new Pokemon that can take me on?" She grinned and placed her hands on her hips. "Let's do this, you know the rules, two Pokemon, you can switch once. Ready?"

As Devin entered the gym, his focus had been on making amends for the day before and he tried to muster up a brave face. This expression was challenged when he noticed the Gym Leader had still been enjoying breakfast which caused Devin to sweat drop. Seems he came in a bit too early all things considered and had just a touch of guilty. "S-sorry uh I wasn't aware of the time, I can come back when you are finished if you'd prefer?"

Terra herself smiled and barked happily at the Pokemon by Jackie as well as eyed those in the pool. Though when it seemed Jackie got in Gym Leader mode Devin made his way across from her as he took out a Pokeball as he thought over her comments before he gave his soft but strongly spoken answer. "Guess you could say a bit of A & C, though I think I more better got my head around what it better takes to be a trainer..." A firmness which while not as strong as others naturally more confident than him showed he seemed to have slight more backbone than the day before.

"And if you are, we're ready. Let's go Ellie!" Devin called out, as he first released his Dragon Type Dratini as Ellie looked on seeing Jackie and her team as she seemed a touch sheepish to begin with, but a stroke to the head caused her to turn to Devin as he smiled down at her.

"Just do your best, that's all I can ask of you. Don't feel pressured to try and meet some figurative expectation and try to have fun with it." Devin said, as Ellie felt a touch comforted by this and even Terra barked as the Rockruff showed her support as the Dratini felt inspired and moved into position.

Devin thankfully would have the whole field to work with least to start with, as the Dratini line were known swimmers so least he felt confident in that regards. But he waited for Jackie to bring her partner out to properly begin the battle.

"Good morning everyone!" Sandra jumped up from her seat and greeted her friends. "I'm sure you'll be fine Devin, Ellie packs a punch even if she seems shy. She'll do anything within her power if she feels that you're a good trainer, and so far you haven't proven to me to be otherwise. I'm going to compete in the fishing competition, but you better tell me everything about your match! Good luck man, I know that you can win." Throwing her pack over her shoulder and returning Crouton's Pokéball to her belt, she left for the competition area. Unbeknownst to her, Astraea had different plans today. Exiting its Pokéball, it waddled towards the gym as it followed Devin. Sneaking inside behind him, the Staryu made its way onto the stands to watch Devin fight. From what it had heard yesterday and this morning, the boy should be able to win this match. If he did, then they'd cheer for the boy and celebrate with Terra and Mantí. If he lost, then they had something to annoy Beepbeep with. Either way, this match was going to be a good one. Sandra would understand, no?

Last edited:
Jackie couldn't help but smile at Devin's words as she waved her hand softly. "I have to admit, you are more impressive than the others who have been coming around lately, if you win, I better see you becoming a champion." With a smirk on her face she signaled for her Wingull to join the battle.
The bird squawked as it flew around the arena, inspecting his opponents and then proceeded to land on the opposite platform in front of the Dratini. "I see you got a new friend, good. But don't think I will go easy on ya, in fact, I'm giving it my one hundred and ten percent!" Jacky called out as the score board lit up, Showing the Dratini and the Wingull on the screen, with a VS in between the two. "Let's go Wingi, Wing Attack!"
The Wingull took flight, doing a barrel roll and the diving towards the Dratini, it's wings spread wide open.

"I can only promise what I will promise today: To give it my absolute best effort and nothing less." Devin assured, as while he had some nerves he seemed more prepared than yesterday and as Jackie called out the first move as the Wingull dove towards Ellie as Devin responded quickly.

"Ellie dive underwater!"

The Dratini acted on instinct as she moved to the pool and dove in to avoid the Wingull's strike. Though Devin knew he'd get no victory just hiding so he'd quickly attempt to answer back. "Ellie surface and use Thunder Wave on Wingull!"

Ellie managed to hear the command even under the surface as she nodded jumping in the air as she fired an electric wave towards Wingull. Devin hoped to land a paralyzing blow which should limit the flight and maneuverability in the air which seemed destined to cause problems.

Eleonor sped through the roads of Aquamarine as fast as her legs could carry her. She heard a familiar voice call to her from behind, but she didn't stop. She couldn't stop. Her task now was of vital importance. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that lives were on the line. With all due haste, Eleonor navigated the city, eventually leading her pursuer—if he chose to follow—to a small domicile on the outskirts of town.

Finally, she stopped, panting for breath. When she recovered, she checked her poketch—to ensure she was in the right place—and then lightly knocked on the door and awaited a response.

"Just because we can fly it doesn't mean we can swim!" Jacky called with a big confident smile as her Wingull dove into the water, avoiding the thunder wave and emerging into the air once again. "Looks like you found a way to use my pool, fine, different approach, Supersonic!"

The Wingull flew over the dragon and began shooting sound waves towards it, flying in circles to try and hit it's target. However the sound waves were somewhat slow. But the bird's movement helped cover a wide area, hoping to land a hit on its opponent.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Unfortunately, Eleonor didn't stop for him, forcing Rowan to give chase to make sure that she was okay. Although it was embarrassing, since he got a couple of glances from people who noticed him calling out to Ellen and then pursuing her on foot, likely drawing conclusions from those isolated facts. Eventually, he reached a minute house on the edges of town, noticing Ellen knocking on the door and seeming out of breath.

"Hey Ellen," Rowan began lightly, uncertain if proceeding was the best choice he could be making at the moment, "Are you alright..?" Normally, the Alolan trainer would go into further detail with his question, but given that she seemed on edge, he figured that being minimalistic would be a better approach.

What is this place anyway..?

"Dive underwater, deep!" Devin called out as he bite his lip. A creature of the air and sea would be tricky as Ellie dove underwater and tried to avoid the soundwaves of the Supersonic. Course the wide open space the Wingull flew circles around and even with the deep pool around it the sound could not be fully blocked out and while Ellie avoided most of it a partial blow left her somewhat dazed.

"It's okay Ellie, use Twister to knock Wingull out of the sky!" Devin called out as the Dratini worked to try and shake off the dizziness as she swam up to the surface spinning in kind before she surface and a twister of dragon scales shot towards Wingull; though it was a bit off target due to the effects of the partial Supersonic shot but Ellie hoped she could least get a glancing shot off the wing.

"Look out!" Jacky called out to her Pokemon, but it was too late as the twister managed to hit its wing, causing the bird Pokemon to begin spinning downward towards the pool. "Try to soften the crash with scald!" The Wingull shot its Scald attack at the water, causing a cloud of vapor to spread as it went through the surface, taking a bit of damage. "It's an underwater battle, use swift!" Jacky called out with a smirk on her face as her Pokemon located the dragon and shot a Swift attack at it.

"All right!" Devin called out, as they managed to knock the Wingull out of the air, but as it landed he was reminded this battle would not be so simple as Jackie reacted quickly as energy stars flung their way towards Ellie as the flying/water duel typed proved it was as capable land or sea and Devin responded fast.

"Ellie brace yourself!" Devin called out, and the Dratini curled up as she had little time to do much else as the stars slammed into her and Ellie cried out behind each hit; though she tried to suck it in and remain strong, her partner was counting on her he believed in her...she could not let him down!

Once the figurative storm passed, Ellie still seemed good to go as Devin responded quickly. "Ellie bind and squeeze Wingull with wrap!"

The dragon type quickly charged as she aimed to coil the bird before it could swim or fly away.

Eleonor's brows pinched together with consternation and her lips pressed into a tight-lipped line. She held her tongue, choosing not to respond at the moment. The sound of approaching footsteps on sleek-wood told her that the owner of the house drew nigh. She found it better to wait and then explain the situation once to both parties instead of explaining it to Rowan and then again to the person they were visiting.

The duo didn't wait long and the door cracked open momentarily, revealing a wiry old man sporting a thick white beard that appeared to compensate for his bald head.

"Good Morning," Eleonor started in a hurry, "I'm sorry to disturb you but my name is Eleonor, and I have a message from Lt. Archibald, the Police Chief. Yesterday a citizen reported seeing a large Sharpedo jump out of the canals and swallow a child. The Officers have been patrolling the water-ways in case it shows up again, but they'd like to ask for your assistance and expertise. Lt. Archibald hopes you'll be able to spare us some time...Mr. Lure Master."

Jacky bit her lip as her Pokemon was enveloped into a wrap. Wingull was very good in the air, but underwater it was very slow. Now the gym leader needed to find a way to save her Pokemon from going back up the surface.

"Don't give up yet Wingi! Supersonic again!" Jacky called out. The Wingull, who was struggling to get free began randomly shooting supersonic waves, trying to confuse its target into releasing it.

"Good job keep squeezing!" Devin called out, as Ellie tightened her hold aiming to inflict as much damage with each squeeze as she could as Devin seemed to sense the round was his. That was least till Jackie called out Supersonic as she managed to avoid a hit for a bit but eventually the Wingull squirmed an angle to strike her leaving the Dratini dazed as she was forced to break the hold.

"Try to shake it off!" Devin called out as Ellie became confused and tried to get herself straightened out in a hurry.

The Wingull used the opportunity to surface and take flight once again. However, it was quite visible the Pokemon was beginning to get tired, as it was breathing heavily but it still had a determined look set on the waters where it left its enemy.

"Let's try and end this Wingi, use Scald to create a cover and then go all out with a Wing Attack!" Jacky called, encouraging her Pokemon to give it all.

The Wingull shot a Scald attack at the cool waters, causing thick vapor to rise. Using its Keen Eye ability, the bird then prepared a Wing Attack as it dice straight towards the Dratini.

"Ellie move away and counter with Dragon Rage!" Devin called out, and moving away was the easy part for Ellie but which direction had been more difficult as the Supersonic left her confused which made it problematic to discern which way was left, right, up down and all of the above. As such, while she had managed to avoid the Scald when it came time to blast the Wingull with the Dragon Rage she fired it in a direction that pushed herself back as she slammed to a wall of the pool as she damaged herself.

"Ellie!" Devin cried out in concern. And just to make it worse the Wing Attack landed a clean shot as Wingull slammed into Ellie and she slammed back into the wall of the pool; a cry of pain escaped her lips as she floated feeling pain and fatigue from the successive blows.

"Ellie hang in there, you can still win!" Devin called out in support, something echoed by Terra as she barked in kind. "Ruff!" (Stay strong!)

Ellie heard these cries as she worked to try and suck up the pain, finding a resolve as she was determined not to let her partner who seemed to believe so much in her ability down. She would not fail, not like this! She managed to shake off the confused state and in spite of the damage & tiredness she pressed forward.

Devin in turn tried to think of what to do, before inspiration struck him with the pool itself. "Ellie use Twister underwater!"

The Dratini heard his command and quickly went to work; spinning rapidly around and around as she pulled the water around her to a powerful current which she mixed with her dragon scales as Devin aimed to make an underwater twister and drive it right to the Wingull after sucking it in close!

Jacky couldn't do much to save her Pokemon, it was underwater and too close to be able to escape. "Try to hold on!" She called out.
Wingi braced itself as it was sucked up by the watery vortex and began taking serious damage inside of it. As it ended, the Wingull floated gently to the surface, no longer unable to battle.
Jacky sighed and smirked as she returned her Pokemon to its Pokeball and prepared the next one. "I hope you're ready for my ace!" Jacky called out as she sent out her Corsola. The pink Pokemon let out a joyful cry as it bounced up and down and prepared to fight.

"All right! Great job Ellie!" Devin called out, a big smile as this time he managed to get the lead on the Gym Leader and took her first Pokemon down. Ellie rose to the surface from a tiring but successful bout as she smiled happy she pleased her partner and really was able to prove herself in least half the leg of this battle. Terra even barked happily in celebration of Ellie's win, which was when the rock type noticed a familiar water type watching in the stands which had caught her gaze.

But the battle was far from over, as Jackie brought out her ace the ever problematic Corsola. Devin frowned as he knew this was still far from a sure thing, as he glanced at the Dratini in the pool. "Think you can still go?"

Ellie, while cautious of the Corsola, nodded as she felt she still had more in the tank. With that Devin decided to try and strike first now that the new battle was set.

"Immobilize her with Thunder Wave!" Devin called out, as Ellie fired an electric surge towards Corsola in the hopes to try and paralyze the water type.

Jacky smirked as the thunder wave hit her Crosola. "We don't mind, you have us time to set up! Aqua ring!"
The Corsola shook itself as it tried to fight through the paralysis and began to glow creating a blue watery aura around it. "Good, let's see you beat our defense!" Jacky looked more confident then before. "Scald!"
The Corsola cried out as it shot a strong Scald towards the Dragon type.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Though Rowan was beginning to get annoyed with Eleonor due to her unwillingness to communicate, that annoyance gave way to urgent concern once the Alolan trainer heard what Ellen had to say. While tales of a Sharpedo eating a child would normally be dismissible, the fact that the police force were patrolling the water ways and even consulting the Lure Master for assistance made it blatantly obvious that this was a serious matter. Moreover, the fact that Ellen was passing down a message from the chief of police himself raised a number of questions in Rowan's mind, but there was too much going on for Rowan to even comprehend how to begin asking. Instead, he decided to address the elephant in the room, or more accurately, the shark in the waters.

"I'd like to help too!" Rowan blurted out with immediate regret after the words escaped his mouth. Now needing to backpedal, Rowan paused and breathed deeply before speaking in a more calm but still urgent tone, "I'm sorry for my outburst Mr. Lure Master, but I want to be able to provide any sort of assistance in this issue." Once finished, he turned to Ellen to see if she had any ideas on what he should do. Though he didn't know her for long, the Alolan trainer had come to respect and trust the woman's judgement, so he was comfortable laying off if she felt it would be best.

Well...if I get turned away, at least I can try to cheer on Devin.

Devin clearly had not expected Jackie to just let the attack land, as she seemed to trust Corsola's defense as they prepared a counter strike which could only spell bad news especially given Ellie still had wounds from the previous battle. Devin tried to strike first to take advantage of her struggles in the electricity with the Thunder Wave that had just connected. "Ellie use Slam!"

The Dratini charged quickly and tried to slam its tail onto Corsola before the latter could get off the Scald, but just as her body swung to make contact Corsola proved a step quicker as the boiling water landed on Ellie and caused the dragon-type to scream in pain. However, the momentum would cause her body to move forward as the desperate shot was least a hope she could strike back even if she had taken the more damaging blow.

"Starrr!" Astraea cried out as they watched Ellie get hit by a scalding blast of water. That was a nasty attack, hot water was not fun to touch. The Dratini might be resistant to water attacks, but surely the heat would affect it, no? The Wingull was down, but the Staryu had firsthand or firstappendage experience with the resilience of Corsola. Corsola was ready to fight, but Ellie was not as fit as when it started to fight. This would be a close match, but who would be the winner? They didn't know, but they hoped that Devin would win.

The lure master closed his eyes. At his age, he couldn't afford to be as excitable as these youngsters. It had been many years since he had set off on his journey and he just wasn't as sharp or as sturdy as he used to be. However, what he lacked in vigor he more than made up for with experience and with the two youngsters before eager to help, he imagined they could make do between the three of them.

"The Sharpedo probably isn't in the city anymore. Something that big wouldn't be able to hide in the canals for this long," he deduced.

"We'll have to search the lake if we want to find it, but that's no task for just the three of us. But first, we need to find out how the Sharpedo got into the city. The electric grids around the city draw power from the currents and for safety measures, the canals have filter-grids to prevent larger pokemon from wandering into the city. If there's something wrong with the filters, then we need to find it.

"Do you two have water-type Pokemon?"

Jacky crossed her arms and smiled as she saw the dragon Pokemon struggle to land a hit on her Corsola. The water type took the hit, barley receiving any damage and then healing a bit with the Aqua Ring. "You're going to need more than that to be able to take us on." Jacky said proudly. "Let's go for a Power Gem Cora!"
The Corsola glowed as it show four glowing stone like projectiles towards the dragon Pokemon, however as it was taking aim, the paralysis took effect, causing it to somehow stumble to the side and having her attack curve towards the Dratini.