• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Geminos: ~Threads of Uncertainty~ (Role Play Thread)

Devin nodded and had been thankful that Rowan seemed so understanding, even having been willing to offer some training for his Pokemon which frankly had caught him off guard.

"O-oh uh, I appreciate that but I don't want to make you waste your time for my sake..." Devin said as he wanted to avoid any trouble for him that he felt his earlier abrupt excit may have caused as he turned to the arrival of Sandra as she asked about as he revealed the Pokeball and worked to answer.

"Y-yeah, Growlithe seemed to like Ellen and Dratini seemed shaky so we figured giving them new owners would help them both. Meet Dratini..." Devin said as he released his newfound Dragon type who true to form seemed a bit shy as she curled up and tried to hide from the world it seemed.

"H-hey, it's okay. It's okay, just a few friends." Devin said, as he crouched down and softly spoke to the Dratini as he tried to ease the tension. Terra, to her credit and perhaps fueled by a desire to better herself as a partner this time, toned down her own energy as she gave a soft bark and welcomed smile to the shy dragon. Slowly, it lifted its head up from the coils as while it had not felt comfortable to fully break it did seemed a little more at ease thanks to Devin's approach. Devin then thought over what Ellen had said, about the lack of nickname as he worked to try and think of one that would fit Dratini.

Hum, what name would work? It took a minute or two but eventually he came upon least an idea to toss out as he faced the Dratini with a gentle, warm smile.

"Say, I've been thinking of a name if you desire one. How does Ellie sound?" Devin asked, as the Dratini thought it over still a bit sheepish about all this...but slowly, the dragon gave a nod as the name seemed inviting to her.

"Alright, welcome to the team Ellie~"
"Ruff!"

Sandra had to force herself from making an audible gasp when seeing the Dratini. "You have a Dratini? Unbelievable, I never thought I'd see one in person. They are incredibly rare, I've only heard stories about people spending hours in Goldenrod or Blackthorn trying to get one. They are said to contain incredible life force and constantly shed their skin to grow. This 'little' girl will be a great addition to your team, Dragon types tend to weather quite some hits from Water, Grass, Fire and Electric attacks. With some training, she might be able to win you that Gym Badge!" Stopping her information dump, a metaphorical lightbulb lit up above her head. "Y'know, you probably want to have a feel for how Ellie fights and Beepbeep has been raring to fight ever since I let it out in the gym. How about we have a little spar? 1 Pokémon each, last one standing wins. Both of us will get a feel for our new Pokémon, and there's no better way to bond than a friendly fight."

“If the cops weren’t capable of stopping that guy, who’s gonna step in at a moment’s notice the next time he shows up? Who’s actually gonna be able to protect everyone then?”

Levi’s tone was firm and low, he coupled this with the large breaks between each sentence so his jittery companion would really reflect on his words.

“Listen, I'm gonna do this, and it could go two ways.
I could do this on my own, go off and train non-stop for months in the hopes of maybe getting strong enough to stop him...or you could train with me, and we could increase the odds of us stopping him for good by several fold.”

Bing~

Rigel emerged from Levi’s pocket in a flash of red light, evidentially overhearing the conversation at hand.

“Piiiinch....”

Rigel growled in enthusiasm, stamping his front foot lightly.
Once again, gone was the nervous sand bug, for the brave, sharp-toothed warrior had taken his place.
If Rigel had learned anything from the gym battle and Venomoth trainer, its that-much like Newt-he had to be brave if he wanted to get stronger.

“Your Pokemon have potential. You have potential. Just...help me out on this one.”

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
“I dunno, maybe the gym leaders? Aren’t they supposed to be doing stuff in times of need like this??”

Newt wanted every excuse in the world to not have to attack the Corrupt venomoth using trainer they fought before. What had gotten into Levi? He wasn’t like this yesterday...

He originally wanted to be with Levi because he handled the people so he didn’t have to as well as someone to help defend himself that didn’t ask too many questions. He didn’t expect it to become like this...

As Levi’s companions came out to give their piece on the matter, which made Newt feel a bit more on the spot. Dunsparce looked to him, feeling a little uneasy about fighting the murdering bug. It hid itself within his hoodie, Newt looking away from Levi and his crew.

“Maybe...i’ll Think about it...”

"I don't remember joining your team."

Eléonor's expression affected minor displeasure. She'd been pulled from her single-minded admiration of Río's fur and luster by a sudden and off-handed mention of her person in the form of a sobriquet. Ellie. While 'Eléonor Evelyn Maëlys-Amelì Françoise Twdyr', her beautiful and exceedingly wonderful name was likewise beautiful and exceedingly length, it afforded nicknames galore. Ellen was the norm, but every so often Eléonor met someone that preferred Lyn, Nora, Eve, or any of the other nicknames that could be derived.

She hadn't been paying attention to Devin and his friends as they began conversing among themselves, but now that she had been mentioned, she noticed they seemed to be raring to do something, and she wasn't too eager to be caught up in it without knowing what it was.

"What's this about teams?"

Devin listened to Sandra as she seemed to gush about his newfound Dratini, Ellie in kinda seemed a bit nerved by the people around but Terra seemed to click with her better; as she sat next to the curled up Dragon and offered her furry figure as comfort as Ellie's eyes widened slightly as she on reflex moved up to cuddle next to the rock type. This felt, oddly relaxing...

During this Sandra asked if he desired to try out a battle with his new partner, which seemed to mirror Rowan's wish as instantly Devin felt a bit sheepish as both offered a spar to help him though now he had to "choose" which friend to do battle with, which was not the easiest position. He had not wanted to put Rowan or Sandra "above" the other and fighting both back to back would be too much for Ellie. Though the voice of Ellen spoke up which turned Devin's attention her way as he was confused for a moment.

"Joining my...o-oooooh. S-sorry I uh didn't think that, I was just thinking of an old story I saw when I was a kid and uh...t-totally unintentional." Devin said with a chuckle sheepishly as he realized the similar sounding names between Ellie and Ellen and hoped it'd be a non-issue going forward. Though on the topic of Ellen was the comment she made about teams which caused him to raise an eyebrow.

"Uh, I am not sure I said anything about teams but both Rowan and Sandra offered to spar with me to help me get the legs wet with my new partner as it were. T-though on that topic...maybe a team is the solution. How would a double battle sound to you guys?" Devin asked the group in general as it seemed the most fair way for everyone to get a chance at the spar without excluding anyone and seemed to be the way out of the dilemma.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Rowan couldn't help but crack a small grin at watching Sandra gush about Pokemon yet again, even though one would think that he'd get used to it by now. He also began chuckle over the minor misunderstanding concerning Ellen and Ellie, though his laughter didn't last very long. As of now, his focus had been readjusted to Devin's proposition of a double battle to give the Dratini a field test.

"Well, I'm good for a double battle as long as everyone else is," Rowan answered, his voice showing a bit of eagerness, "I've never tried a double battle before, but I'm willing to now,"

After he said this, he examined to himself which Pokemon he would use for the battle. Chances are, this battle would see one Pokemon used per trainer, since the point of this battle was to train up Ellie, not to actually win. With that in mind, he decided that he would use K18, mainly due to the fact that Rowan had yet to use the Growlithe in battle.

Might as well use the time I'm given to my advantage.

"A battle?"

The notion stirred Eléonor's mind. The battle's purpose, as Devin had explained, was to wet his legs. Sound enough reasoning for a battle in any scenario, and doubly so in Devin's peculiar situation. Rebounding from a loss at the hands of the city's gym leader and eager to strike back with another serving of ye old college try, it was only wise that Devin and Ellie—a nickname she felt was 7 parts amusing and 3 parts troubling—became familiar with each other prior to their gym challenge and Eléonor, for one, was more than empathetic towards the boy's plight.

Eléonor herself was, likewise, unfamiliar with the minutiae of anything beyond the simplest of Pokebattles, which included double battles, triple battles, rotation battles, and raid battles. Sure, she may have a cursory understanding of them, having encountered them in books and literature, but that couldn't be compared to the first-hand experience she would gain now. Eléonor was even somewhat gleeful, the chance to experience something new and exciting didn't come every day, and, with the Pokemon Center in close proximity, she held no underlying worries.

"Sure. There's no harm in that. I'll talk to Nurse Joy about borrowing the field behind the Pokemon Center."

Having done this once before during her battle with Ken and, notably, the eldest member of the group, Eléonor took it upon herself to secure the battle venue.

A double battle? Sandra had heard of them, but she never really took part in one. Most of her fights were against Pokémon she fished up or local trainers. Heck, she didn't have enough Pokémon to even attempt one. But that was back home, when she only had Astraea. Now she had Beepbeep, Sir Flopsalot and hopefully Kangaskhan, and there was no better way to learn than to do. "I'm down for a double battle, even though it is my first time. I'm curious to see what everyone will bring to the table, Beepbeep and I will for sure give it our all." The Johtonian flashed a grin, eager to start a battle. Beepbeep could release some pent up energy there was a Pokécenter nearby in case of an emergency and she'd help Devin bond with Ellie. There was no real reason not to accept the challenge.

"A-alright, thank you, thank you all..." Devin said, to Ellen who seemed in particular helpful as she'd work to book the location for this tag match but for all parities for agreeing to this tag battle. Though with most consent stuff and the location being worked at, that left but one detail to sort over as Devin rubbed his chin.

"S-so any preferences on teams? I-I am open to any of them you guys have though I think myself and Ellen against you guys would be easiest for chemistry as I am most familiar with Ellen." Devin said as he tossed his suggested teams out but was open to others if Sandra, Rowan or Ellen had any. During this Ellie seemed a bit nervous for her first official battle though Terra worked to try and encourage her with a peppy bark of support as she rubbed against her in comfort.

"No preference," Eléonor added simply.

Her eyes wandered over the group, ears perking, perception prickling, thoughts churning. She had easily picked up their names from their conversation and thus far her impression of them was good. They were good kids with certain chemistry about them. Discerning behind the glass of her specs, Eléanor had caught no small number of habitual minutiae: the enthusiasm that propelled Sandra's every reaction, unabated and undiminished for as long as Ellen had known the girl (admittedly not long); the ever-present stutter that punctuated Devin's every sentence; the pleasant, lippy quirks Rowan made in Sandra's direction every so often, fondly and, perhaps, affectionately?

'Puppy love?' Eléonor set her glasses higher up on the bridge of her nose, 'How cute.'

She shifted her attention from the duo and focused on Devin. Her non-committal response was, in part, because she didn't want to add any more unneeded tension(?) to the situation. The aspiring league-champion already seemed to be a ball of tightly wound nerves, a commonality, she noted, he shared with Ellie. Neither dragon nor trainer seemed to be the most enthusiastic about the upcoming battle, which was ironic given they were a dragon and an aspiring champion. But, Ellen's mind couldn't help but wonder whether that nervousness was an inborn trait or something developed.

"No preference here, I'm willing to give anyone a run for their money! One Pokémon each right?" Sandra raised her left fist in the air whilst keeping her upper arm horizontally, clenching her biceps with her other hand. "If Rowan doesn't mind either, then I assume I'll be battling alongside him. Let's try to make this a fun match, no matter who wins. Get that teamwork going and get to know how a Pokémon you're not quite used to wants to battle. Given I know how Astraea fights, one of my Pokémon can't fight and one of them isn't technically mine yet, that leaves Beepbeep. Are you going to use Sulum or Ace, Rowan?" The girl asked her friend as she grabbed a Pokéball.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Once again, Rowan found himself enamored by Sandra's mannerism, evident by the small grin that made itself home on his face. Of course, he had to focus on the task at hand, so he decided to chime in with is two cents.

"Those teams sound perfect. As for my Pokémon of choice," Rowan took out a Pokéball to send out his Growlithe, "I'll be using K18 for this battle. While Aco hasn't had a battle against a trained Pokémon under my ownership, K18 hasn't had any battle under my ownership," The aspiring champion petted the puppy as he said his last sentence, much to said puppy's delight.

Alright, so the teams seemed agreed upon and Sandra & Rowan seemed to announce their selections. It seemed plainly obvious who Ellen and himself would use so he merely had to wait for Ellen to get the training area here in the center approved and they could begin this Double Battle properly.

Devin crouched by his new partner as he extended his hand, slowly as the Dratini sheepishly hid in coils on reflex, and kept it out as slowly Ellie seemed to understand he meant no harm and gradually allowed the hand to move close as he gently stroked its head.

"I know your nervous, believe me I can relate. But, more than anything, it's important to take a step here even a small one and try and find your footing. It will come easy with practice, I am sure of that for the both of us. I need you, and I trust in your ability here...want to give it a chance?" Devin asked, clearly he referenced the Double Battle though beyond that he seemed to try and connect with his new Pokemon; an effort to use his failures with Growlithe to try and better this relationship. Terra barked in support as the Dratini seemed nervous, but oddly touched as slowly she gave a nod. "Tini...!"

The pep-talk, a moment of bonding between boy and dragon, was cute and inspiring. Inspiring enough that Eléonor turned to her own Pokemon, quizzically glancing at the quartet, none of whom seemed shy or reserved. Not even slightly.

Cordelia held her arms, folded across her steely, dress-like fur-coverings; she looked prim, proper, and possessed a distinct, irreproachable, regality. Her gaze roamed the Center with cavalier nonchalance with a severity borne from the wisps of «Intimidate» contained there-in that washed over her chases, burdening them with nebulous pressure. All-in-all, the steely fairy was hard to approach and didn't seem to bother with any other Pokemon. Eléonor smiled wryly, but her attention moved on.

Nynyve was...asleep? Awake? Drowsy? It was hard to read the Bivalve pokemon. The expression on its inner pearl was always so peculiar; blank and unresponsive. As if its' shell was a world unto itself and what occurred outside was as pertinent to its' daily life as the furthest of stars were to man's. Its body language, emoted through the six blue—tentacles? flesh stumps? neuro-sensory nodules? whatever—was always so...stiff. As if they'd been welded to its shell. In fact, Eléonor had seen more movement from the shell than she'd seen from any of those mystery-bulges. Given all that, the trainer sufficed to leave Nynyve an enigma.

Aveta, the third member of her party, unlike the others, brought some relief to the trainer. Where Nynyve seemed otherworldly and Cordelia downright unfriendly, the Poison Pin pokemon seemed purely innocuous. There was a brightness in her eyes, verve spilling from her pupils and, following her gaze, Ellen could see that she was staring hungrily at a Poochyena, snout-down in a bowl of Poke-food. Someone was hungry, and Ellen, checking the time on her Poketch, decided she would feed her Pokemon after this battle.

Settling onto the newest addition to her team, Rio the Growlithe was...as far from shy as any pokemon could conceivably be. The puppy pokemon was exuberance manifested. Her tongue lolled freely, dripping with saliva and her tail wagged up a veritable storm, her chest heaving and panting from the sheer, physical strain being that happy placed upon the body. Slightly concerned for the Growlithe's well-being, Ellen decided to hurry things along.

"Nurse Joy agreed to let us borrow the Pokecenter's field for our battle, it's out back. Shall we?"

Ellen led the way and, upon arriving, stood on the far side of the field and took her position.

Once the word was given from Ellen, Devin nodded his way as he hoped this battle went a little better than his first encounter. Course, he had never used Ellie before and the latter based on its personality type likely had no proper battle experience if he recalled Ellen's words. None the less he felt he had gotten on a connection with this Dratini going well so far and he aimed to use his previous experience as something to learn from and hopefully they'd be able to work in sync better than his first go with his previous partner.

With a smile he looked down at Ellie as he stood. "Let's go, we got Ellen and Growlithe with us so you won't be alone out there. Try to just have fun with it." Devin advised, as the shy Dratini gave a light nod. Naturally this was a scary prospect, but this human had been so kind and understanding in their short time together....she owed herself this much to do her best at her first battle. So she nodded back and before long the two with Terra in toe followed Ellen to the field as Terra moved to the presumed "spectators" area on the side as she had prepared to cheer on her partner and new teammate while Devin and Ellie got in position.

Growlithe — The Puppy Pokemon

Growlithe has a superb sense of smell. Once it smells anything, this Pokémon won't forget the scent, no matter what. It uses its advanced olfactory sense to determine the emotions of other living things. Extremely loyal, it will fearlessly bark at any opponent to protect its own Trainer from harm.

Moves:
1. Odor Sleuth
2. Bite
3. Ember
4. Roar
5. Leer
6. Close Combat
7. Burn Up

The electronic hitter of her Poketch helpfully informed Eléonor about Rio, and Growlithes in general, while, more importantly, revealing to her the moves the Puppy Pokemon had learned. The latter was obviously of vital import' to the upcoming battle. Ellen wouldn't be so brazen or foolish as to charge head-first into a fight not knowing the first thing about her own mons, after all.

"My, my, aren't you packing the heat~"

Ellen hummed over the last two moves on Rio's outline, « Close Combat » & « Burn Up », exceptionally strong for a first-stage Pokemon such as Growlithe. They were pleasant surprises, almost immediately cementing Mor-Ríoghaín's position on Ellen's team. The presence of egg-moves hadn't surprised the Canalavean. This was because Cordelia had been born from an egg in Ellen's own home and the trainer had already been exposed to the Steel-Fairy's egg moves, « Fire Fang » & « Poison Fang ». The elemental fangs were, however, nowhere near as strong as Rio's moves (from what the Pokedex stated.) That made the fire-type a striker, though and through. Its moves had the highest output of all Ellen's Pokemon; easily outclassing Cordelia's moves and, Nynyve and Aveta, possessing status moves in « Aqua Ring » & « Disable » respectively, had no parity to speak of.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Of course, Rowan couldn't help but grin at the sight of Devin encouraging his Dratini. Even though only his Growlithe was out of his Pokéball, he was sure that all members of his team would've found the scene similarly heartwarming. However, the time had come to finally battle Devin and Ellen, and the Alolan Trainer wasn't keen on being late. Speaking of those two, they had already entered the battlefield and both of them seemed to be prepared. Once K18 had entered the field of battle, Rowan thought that it would be a good idea to truly familiarize himself with his Fire Type's moves.

Growlithe: The Puppy Pokémon.
Known for its cleverness and it's loyalty, this Pokémon is rumored to remain completely motionless unless given orders by it's trainer. In the Alolan Region, it's well known to be in fierce competition with its fellow Puppy Pokémon Rockruff.

Moves:
1. Fire Fang
2. Bite
3. Body Slam
4: Ember
5: Helping Hand
6. Leer
7. Reversal
Rowan found himself surprised at the firepower that his Growlithe had been keeping hidden. Most notably, the move Body Slam was the biggest point of interest for him. Now that he knew what he was working with, the aspiring trainer decided that now would be the best time for a pep talk with K18.

"Hey buddy," Rowan began as he kneeled down on a single knee to get closer to his Pokémon, "I know that this is your first battle with a trainer, but don't worry, you're gonna do great! Just relax and try to have fun," Fortunately, the Puppy Pokémon seemed to react positively to the encouragement that he received.

Now we just gotta wait for Sandra to get here...

"Sorry for the delay, nature called." Sandra apologised to her friends and Ellen as she took her position next to Rowan. Everyone already let out their Pokémon, and it seemed that there were two Fire types on the field. Ellie didn't have much to fear from them, but Beepbeep did. "Time to make sparks fly, let's go Beepbeep!" Throwing the Pokéball into the air, it opened with sparks flying left and right at the Magnemite was released.

"Mag. Magnemite." The Electric/Steel type hovered in place as the two horseshoe magnets turned and turned. The competition was stiff for sure, but they refused to back down. As the Magnemite cast a determined glare at both the Growlithe and Dratini, Sandra booted up her Pokédex in hopes of learning something before sending Beepbeep into battle.

'Magnemite, the Magnet Pokémon.
The faster the units at its sides rotate, the greater the magnetic force they generate. It is attracted by electromagnetic waves. It may approach trainers if they are using their Pokégear.

Moves:
1: Supersonic
2: Tackle
3: Thundershock
4: Thunder Wave
5: Magnet Bomb
6: Light Screen'

Sandra tilted her head, she didn't expect to see which moves Beepbeep knew. A surprise for sure, but a pleasant one at that. Shutting down her Pokédex and putting it away, the Johtonian began talking to her Pokémon. "You can do it Beepbeep, I've seen you fight before! If you lose, we'll just try harder in our next fight!" In response to their trainer's encouragement, Beepbeep lifted their magnets up and began to rapidly flash the lights at the ends of the magnets whilst shaking as if shocked and let out a cry. "We're ready, are you ready too?"

Devin decided to follow Ellen's example as it would be wise to know the specific moves Ellie had rather than just guesswork of the species as he had quickly pulled out his Pokedex and gave a scan to his new partner.

"Dratini, the Dragon Pokemon. It sheds many layers of skin as it grows larger. During this process, it is protected by a rapid waterfall. Current moves include Wrap, Thunder Wave, Agility & Dragon Rage."
Devin considered the four and others such as Leer he read on a scroll as he nodded to himself. Seemed like a decent variety to work with, now he had to figure out how to best use them as he thought over some possible combos while Ellie blinked in curiosity at the strange device Ellen had flashed as well. He then heard Sandra's comment as he set it aside and nodded while Ellie moved ahead; clearly nervous, but least had been willing to try this out for better or worse.

"Yeah all set here."

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben looked at his newly bought 3 pokeballs and 3 potions, then looked back to his wallet in dismay.
"Man, I came in with 3000 poke, and came out with half. Not the best start."
Auro, who had been sitting next to Ben, rolled his eyes. Despite the language barrier between them, Ben has known Auro long enough to know what he generally says.
Well, maybe you should've prepared more stuff.
"How was I supposed to know pokeballs and potions were expensive? They didn't teach me that in ranger school 'cause of these things." he motioned to his styler. "Besides, you're the one who wouldn't leave without your precious Power items."
Auro raised an eyebrow and flexed his arm, which was holding the Power Bracer. Speaking of which, we still need to find the belt, band, and weight.
"HELL NO! If this is what I'll buy normally, just imagine what those would cost."
It was then Ben realized he was getting looks from the passing people. 'Twas fair, since he was talking to a pokemon who wasn't even talking back.
Ben sighed and rose from his bench. He slung his backpack over his shoulder and started walking. Auro jumped off the bench and followed suit.
"We may as well get a move on. On to route 2, I guess."
He ignored Auro's bored sigh.

"Then...I guess we'll start," Ellen took the lead, noticing that her younger compatriots seemed a bit hesitant, "Rio, « Odor Sleuth »!"

In no rush to start dishing out damage, Ellen decided to set herself up. Rio hardly moved, but the Growlithe had focused on her nose, sniffing the air and locking onto BeepBeep's scent. If the Pokedex was to be believed, the Beepbeep was MaRkED FoR LiFe, as Rio would never forget its scent.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
While Rowan was surprised by Ellen's readiness to start the battle, he wasn't bothered by it. What helped was that Ellen opened up the battle with a non-damaging move. Once K18 had realized the battle had started, he began to "revert" to his instincts as a wild Pokémon, for he was growling ferociously at the enemy team, and his eyes seemed to be filled with murderous intent. In reality, this was just his ability, Intimidate, manifesting, rendering both Ellie's and Rio's physical attacks half as strong as they would normally be.

Now that their physical capabilities have been neutered, I have to capitalize on this in the most efficient way possible. Ellie is a Dratini, which are known for their tough time dealing with physical attacks. With this in mind, it's obvious to attack the small dragon with Body Slam, since not only will it do a lot of damage, but it also has the chance to cripple it further through paralysis.

"K18, use Body Slam and aim for Ellie!" Without any delay, the Growlithe ran at full speed towards the Dragon Type, leapt up in the air, and let gravity take care of the rest.

"Let's get this party started! Beepbeep, Thunder Wave!" Sandra ordered her Magnemite as it began rotating its magnets around and fired light blue electricity at the opposing Growlithe. It was a big threat to Beepbeep, being weak to its Fire moves. Dratini resisted its Electric attacks, but there was not much that it could do against Beepbeep in return, could it? "Rowan, say it if you need some help. This is a Double Battle and we're in this together!" Sandra told her partner as the blue electricity got closer and closer to the Growlithe who just now was sniffing the air for an unknown reason.

Dolan sat by the edge of the pier knee deep in the water looking up at the blue sky breeze blowing wind threw his hair ,and not a worry in the world. Dolan looked around, "Sloooow?" Skol muttered tilting his head as he looked at Dolan, "Skol, todays a nice day. Don't you think so? We said we were going on an adventure of course!" Dolan said. Skol let out a yawn before laying back down, "Yeah I guess a nap wouldn't hurt... Wait. No! We should definitely go before I get too comfy" Dolan said. "Pooke?" Skol said sitting up straight and tall. Dolan smiled before holding up a poffin to which Skol cheerfully used his telekinesis to lift the poffin ,and put it in its mouth. Dolan looked at his home ,and the sea one last time before he would leave.

Before Dolan could turn tail and head outisde his town he saw a curious site. A pokémon not too far from the coast. Wanting to get a better look of it he took in direction towards it. A small pokémon in stature ,but Dolan wanted to get a better look at it. It looked kinda adorable. He whipped out his pokédex, "Wimpod! The turn tail pokémon! This Pokémon is a coward. As it desperately dashes off, the flailing of its many legs leaves a sparkling clean path in its wake." The pokédex stated. Hisato looked at his dex and at the pokémon in question several times before approaching it. The wimpod ran towards a small crevice beneath a rock. Dolan wasn't dissuaded by this and gave into pursuit. He then got down on the ground looking into the crevice. Skol walked up over to the crevice peering his nose in the hole. An angry wimpod leaped up startling Skol into leaping back. It crawled back into the crevice before Dolan could interact with it, "Ah come on! Don't be shy like that!" Dolan said. The wimpod hissed after Dolan spoke.

Looking back it seemed a little weird seeing a wimpod out here. How did it even get out here anyways? Upon closer inspection the wimpod looked pretty roughed up. Maybe it got washed up stream? How far up stream could it have gone? Dolan didn't really need the answers to these questions answered. what mattered was the pokémon seemed to need help. However Dolan would not be able to help it as long as it remained in that crevice.

Dolan left a poffin on the ground to which the wimpod scoffed ,and crawled back into the crevice. Skol happily walked over to the poffin, "No! that one is for this little guy. You already had one remember?" Dolan said. "Sllloow" Skol muttered to himself before lying down and closing his eyes. After spending this much time trying to see this little bug pokémon he just had to catch it now. Dolan pretended to leave ,and crawled on top of the rock with a pokéball in hand. He looked down ,and as the wimpod slowly approached the poffin Dolan threw the pokéball down which missed as the pokéball landed behind it. Seeing an opportunity to get the poffin he took it and dragged it back to the crevice. Except the wimpod overlooked one small problem as when it was backing up with the poffin in mouth it didn't seem to notice the pokéball behind it which upon bumping into it triggered the button. The wimpod was thus dragged into the pokéball dropping the poffin. the pokéball wiggled three times before letting out a *ding!*. Dolan stood there dumbfounded ,but happily lifted the pokéball! I caught my second pokémon! woohoo!" Dolan cheered. Skol laid there looking at Dolan before getting up, "Slooow!" Skol cheered. As soon as he let the wimpod out the wimpod angrily used tackle against Dolan's shin, "Ouch!" Dolan muttered. The wimpod angrily ate the poffin. A bitter sweet prize ,but wimpod was happy to have the poffin. At least with a trainer wimpod would likely be able to get more poffins. Wimpod did seem to enjoy the poffin it was eating, "I'll call you... Gosil!" Dolan said. The wimpod ignored him ,and continued eating.

Gosil let out a cheerful roar as it finished eating the poffin. Perhaps Gosil was coming around to the idea of having a trainer ,or maybe it was just happy to eat something nice for a change? Either way Dolan looked at his new pokémon ,and Gosil seemed to tolerate his trainer for now. Seeing how Gosil wasn't going to run away any time soon he took the oppertunity to grab a potion ,and spray any visible cuts or wounds he could see. He also took the opportunity to go to the pokécenter and have it healed again just in case. He placed Gosil in his ball before he did so. Skol was healthy as ever and needed no healing so he followed along beside him.

Having two pokémon in his team now Dolan felt unstoppable right?! How many people could defeat a boy with a slowpoke ,and a newly caught wimpod? Dolan didn't ponder that thought too much. If he did he would never get any photographs taken. No good would that be. Dolan snapped a photo of his two pokémon before posting it online. He was happy to write an exciting story of how he caught his new pokémon. He then decided he needed to hurry up and leave town. He put Gosil in his pokéball ,and Skol followed his lead.

Dolan had already made sure to say goodbye to his family in advanced. His family were all busy at the time so they didn't talk much ,and Dolan was too excited about his journey to care much. He began walking down route 6 and made his way towards Aquamarine City. Upon arrival Dolan spared not a second to snap pictures of any interesting pokémon he could find. A few scenery pictures. Not too many he then headed to the pokémon center. Seeing how he already healed his pokémon in his hometown he had no reason to go inside. With no real goal or plans for now he just continued walking. Eventually he spotted a large battle going on Dolan debated on whether or not he should snap a photo or not. However at this point the only question running through his mind now was; did he want to use his digital cine camera or his Polaroid? Without hesitation he whipped out his digital camera like a gunslinger ,and upon aiming he shot three photos at the pokémon, "Wow!... That's a really nice shot... The others are kinda meh ,but this one is a pretty nicely done! I should add this to the website. Can't really think of a story for it so I guess I'll leave a short description. using his phone he transferred the image from his camera to the internet. attaching some description to it ,and done. Dolan continued watching the fight wondering what the results would be. With Skol by his side Dolan petted him gently ,and continued to watch.

Last edited:
Ellie's eyes widened in fear as the Dratini saw the energetic Growlithe launch as it aimed to slam its full body on her which naturally concerned the Dragon type but Devin had been quick to answer in kind.

"Ellie, don't be scared I am right here. Now catch him and use Wrap!" Devin called out, as the nervous Ellie tried to swallow its fear and put trust in Devin as she moved her slender but strong body as she aimed to jump and "catch" Rowan's Growlithe in a tight embrace and it lucky she'd begin to put the pressure on him with a tight squeeze.

Blue streaks of thunder wave broke across Rio's fur: brilliant arcs scattering across her vivid orange coat. The charge of static seemed only to minorly annoy the Growlithe, who shook it off albeit with a weighted, sluggish gait. Though sparks still clung to her fur, Rio appeared only modestly affected by the thunder wave. She was slowed but was otherwise fit for battle; and, battle she would.

"Return the favor, « Ember »!"

Growling, the puppy Pokemon spat out a volley of cinders at Beepbeep.

Sandra looked at the Ember attack with narrowed eyes. There were too many to dodge, and Light Screen would take too long to set up. She needed to stall for time, and she hoped this worked. "Beepbeep, Magnet Bomb!" The Magnemite fired off a cluster of metallic orbs, hoping for them to collide with the Ember and cancel the attack out. After that, she should use Light Screen. It would benefit Rowan as well, which is always nice.

Dolan stood there clueless like the day he was born. He continued watching the match with Skol, his slowpoke buddy by his side, "Pretty cool" Dolan said. "Sloooooow?" Skol yawned with a tilted head expression, "Maybe... Lets go find some shade" Dolan said patting Skol before walking over to where a shade tree was. He sat down and continued to watch the fight. Eventually Dolan would have to get up and do something actually productive. However Dolan had plenty of time to do that ,and its not like procrastination was really that bad, right? Dolan didn't care that much at the moment. He was comfy ,and as he watched the battle he began thinking about ideas and concepts he could take pictures of which could be later added to his website. Dolan thought for sure the poor magnemite was a goner, but it countered the ember. Dolan decided to text his dad,

~text message...~

Hey pops! Guess what dad! Guess where I'm at. Don't guess. I'm in Aquamarine City. Pretty cool huh? All by myself. Tell Don he owes me a rage candy bar! He said I couldn't make it to Aquamarine City all by myself ,but guess whaaaat? I did iiiiit. Also tell Dayle Jr. to take a hike ,and stop asking to borrow my old rod. He can't have it. Threaten to use your crawdaunt on those grubby little fingers of his if you have to. It's my rod ,and I'm not sharing it! Miiiiiine!!! The distortion world will freeze over when I allow him to use it! He'd probably just catch nothing ,but magikarp with it anyways.

, Sincerely Dolan

Ps. I'm dead serious about that rage candy bar.

PPS. If your reading this Doyle Jr. I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you leave my old rod alone, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will make you say uncle!

~End of text...~

Dolan chuckled upon clicking send. He then put his phone away, and continued watching the match to see how it goes.

Eléonor frowned as Sandra and Beepbeep met Rio's fiery volley with steel-like tenacity. The collision of magnet bombs and ember throwing up a cloud of dust in the field. Rio didn't need her vision to locate Beepbeep thanks to Odor Sleuth, but Eléonor was less than thrilled to lose her visual on the situation. She thought for a moment and then acted:

"Use « Roar » to clear the air!"

The puppy pokemon dug her feet in, steadying herself to release a powerful raw but then...nothing. Static electricity crackled across the fire-types body, and Rio went numb. Thunder Wave's paralysis had rendered her unable to move.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Rowan found himself surprised at how well Devin had managed to respond to K18's Body Slam. This now put the Alolan trainer in a position where he needed to not only free his Pokemon, but also possibly improve the situation.

"I'll have to admit, I underestimated you Devin. However, that's a mistake that I refuse to repeat!" The aspiring champion now had an idea on how to make something out of the unfavorable position that his Growlithe found himself in, "K18, Bite Ellie's tail!" Throughout the time that Rowan took to plan something, the Puppy Pokémon was sqirming in a desperate attempt to release itself from the Dragon Type's grip. With that information in mind, K18 wasted no time in chomping down on the midsection of the Dratini's tail, hoping that it would be enough to get the Dragon Pokémon to release its grip.

I should probably put myself in a position where I can either give Beepbeep support in handling Rio, or at the very least allow Sandra to deal with an easier target. Then again, she seems to be handling the opposing Growlithe well enough, so I won't worry about it too much.

Sandra covered her eyes as a large cloud of dust covered the battlefield. The Magnet Bomb worked, and she normally would have had an advantage. She'd seen Jasmine hit opponents with Magnet Bomb regardless of the situation on the field, but that Growlithe sniffed the air and she wouldn't be surprised to find out that Beepbeep was getting tracked right now. Ellen called out an order for Roar and she prepared for the dust cloud to come her way, but nothing happened. It would appear that Thunder Wave took effect, and it could not have been at a better time. "Beepbeep, Light Screen!" The Magnemite spun its magnets around and created a cube of yellow light around itself and K18, who seemed to be struggling to escape from the Dratini. Although a bit annoyed at her partner being temporarily disabled and her decision to not immediately Magnet Bomb the Dratini till Kingdom Come, she did what she thought was more important at the moment and would help out if the next attack of her opponent didn't knock Beepbeep out.

The battle was moving along quite smoothly. Dolan looked at Skol and wondered if Skol could battle with such ferocity. To which Skol was merely watching the clouds go by. Dolan took a moment to look at the clouds as well, "that one is shaped kinda like a beedrill..." Dolan said. "poooke?" Skol responded. "Maybe" Dolan said patting Skol. As Dolan watched he had wondered if there was anything he was forgetting. Looking back he really should have brought his old rod with him. Luckily he had trusted his older brother Don to backhand any no good old rod stealing cousins trying to take it. Though perhaps if he had brought it along perhaps he could have done some fishing with all the free time he had on his hands. Dolan knew they held fishing contests in Aquamarine City. Maybe the contest judges would allow him to borrow one. Dolan chuckled to the thought.

Ellie seemed a bit shocked she managed to get a successful Wrap, and quickly squeezed with all she had but it would not have been bound to last as the Growltihe took a bit bite out of her tail as the Dratini cried out in pain before she broke the hold and slithered away giving K18 some breathing room as Devin took the compliment and smiled to Rowan.

"Thanks, you are really good yourself." Devin complimented as he considered his next option. "Ellie use Leer!"

Ellie heard the command and nodded, working over her nerves as she tried to give the most aggressive Leer she could as she hoped to help lower his attack through the bit of fear factor.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Although Ellie in her current state as a Dratini wasn't the most intimidating of Pokémon, K18 still allowed his guard to drop, not out of fear, but out of mild concern that the Dragon Type was going to hurt herself as she tried her hardest to scare her opponents. As of now, the battlefield was in a neutral position, ready to be taken advantage of by either the team of Devin and Ellen, or the team of Sandra and Rowan, the latter of whom decided to study the field that he was provided with.

Out of every Pokémon so far, the only ones that have taken damage are K18 and Ellie, with the former boasting a higher amount of physical attack than the latter. Considering this, Devin's Dratini will have sustained more damage than my Growlithe, therefore being the weakest link on the field. Of course, the best way to capitalize on this opportunity is for BeepBeep and K18 to attack Dratini on the same turn, but how do I communicate this to Sandra without giving away my intentions...

The Alolan trainer took a moment to ruminate on his plan and the best way he could put it into action. Finally, he came up with an idea that he was satisfied with, allowing himself to finally make his next move.

"I'm flattered Devin, but flattery won't convince me to spare your Pokémon the pain of defeat! Sandra, I think it's time we bring this battle closer to its conclusion," As Rowan said his second sentence, he made as subtle of a signal as he could with eyes in an attempt to communicate to his battle partner to target the Dratini this turn, "K18, use Bite on Ellie once more!" With renewed vigor, the Growlithe bared its fangs and charged to bite down on the Dratini once more.

Now if my plan pans out the way I want it to, we should be in a good position...

Devin watched as it seemed Rowan was in deep contemplation over something, if he had to guess he likely aimed to pick his next move carefully though the time he took allowed the Leer to hit and also gave Ellie a chance to recover a bit from the bite on her body. Whatever it was it seemed Rowan had been quick to strike after a rather colorful speech as he called for another bite and K18 charged at Ellie who tried to stand her ground.

Seems a bit too direct, I'm sure there is more to this. Whatever the case he seems to be trying to take Ellie out, maybe to go and then double team Eleonor?

Whatever the case Devin needed to act and act fast, and as the Growlithe charged Ellie Devin had an idea in hand and quickly called to his dragon. "Ellie use Thunder Wave to stop him in his tracks!"

The sheepish Dratini nodded before she fired out a shockwave of electric paralyzing energy that aimed to strike the opposing team and in particular K-18 as Devin hoped the move would paralyze and stop Growlithe mid-charge to open up a counter strike opportunity and take control of this.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Rowan winced as he saw the Thunder Wave come into contact with his Growlithe, causing him to be paralysed. However, K18 was able to push beyond the paralysing effect of the attack and continued to rush towards the Dratini with the intent of biting it. Unfortunately, the Fire Type was now moving 2x slower than it was before, much to the Alolan trainer's chagrin. Regardless, this prompted Rowan to think of a way to counteract his Pokemon's hampered mobility.

If K18 knew Flame Charge, then he could simply use that to boost his speed. I can't waste turns to attempt to combat this issue, so I guess I'll have to just accept the hand I've been dealt...I hope Sandra picked up on my signals, otherwise my plan would be rendered pointless.

Sandra took a moment to think about what Rowan said to her, they weren't even close to wrapping up the battle. It literally just started! As Rowan's eyes shifted to the Dratini, it finally got through to her. Nodding at Rowan, she cracked a grin, it seemed that Rowan had the same idea as her. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. "Alright, I'm with you. Beepbeep!" The Magnemite spun its magnets around in anticipation of what was coming as its eye shifted back and forth between Ellie and Rio. "Magnet Bomb on Ellie!"

Beepbeep fired off a second cluster of metallic orbs and launched them at the Dratini, homing in on the Dragon type and ready to detonate. It was the strongest move it had that was not resisted by Ellie, and it was sure to put a dent into its vitality.

"Defend her Rio!"

Seemingly forgotten but far from out of the fight, Eléonor and Rio were quick to cover their ally. The feisty fire-type swiftly—or as swiftly as its paralysis would allow—stepped between Ellie and the magnetic barrage. The magnet bomb collided against the brisk, static-filled fur of the puppy pokemon but, while the damage sent the canine staggering, her fire-typing allowed her to resist the hit.

"Now, Rio, use « Roar »!"

As the fire-type released a bestial and thundering roar, Eléonor waited for the battlefield to develop. The female trainer's intent was to send the Magnemite reeling then, she would be able to briefly force Rowan's charging Growlithe into a 2v1 situation.

"What the?" Sandra was caught off guard by the Growlithe taking a hit meant for the Dratini, finding it to be an unexpected yet honorable decision. Her suprise didn't end there, as her opponent let out a surprisingly intimidating roar for a Growlithe. Beepbeep must have thought the same, as it returned to its Poké Ball and left Rowan alone for a moment. "Uhh, which one was it again?" The rapid actions made by Ellen made her lose her train of thought, and the memory of which ball was that of Beepbeep. "This one?" Putting her faith in the 25% that she picked the right one, she released her Pokémon.

"Karp, karp!" It was not a Magnemite, but a Magikarp that she released. With shock on her face, Sandra quickly recalled it before the Magikarp suffocated on land. "That was Sir Flopsalot, whoops. Ah, this one!" Returning the ball with the fish of nobility to her belt, she grabbed another ball and released Beepbeep again. "You've got this Beepbeep, show em you're as tough as nails!" The Magnemite flashed the lights on its magnets in agreement, though its trainer didn't pay attention to any potential moves her opponents made.