• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Geminos: ~Threads of Uncertainty~ (Discussion Thread)

Which 8 types should we use as Gyms?

• Fire

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Water

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Flying

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Grass

• Steel

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Electric

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Ghost

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Fairy

• Ice

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Dark

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Dragon

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Rock

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Normal

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Fighting

• Bug

• Psychic

• Poison

• Ground

• Total voters
Okay...another question. For OC characters, limits of starting pokemon?
To add to that, how will starters work in this region? We pick an official starter or start with any *reasonable* Pokemon?
Personally I wanna start out with a Mawile xD

But I can see why that might be OP.

I'm not a hardliner for Starter Pokemon though, so I'd prefer we allow anything with 'reason'.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
I personally want a Rockruff as my OC's starter. Figure Midday or Dusk would be a good mix between "battle Pokemon" and "Battle Pokemon with flare" for the duel trainer.
Hey, that would be pretty cool : D
Are they?

I get the feeling the rule is generally starters are relegated to a Pokemon that have an evolution. Mostly to remove things like Kangkashkan, Absol, etc.

Since they've got higher cut stats.
Naw, should be good. I often choose her equivalent, sableye for most rp’s anyway lol

Honestly I feel a "Starter" Pokemon should be one with at least an evolution to it.
Hmm, yea. The thing though, is I personally feel like my Starter must also overlap with my partner, so I'd like it to be a Pokemon capable of Mega Evolution so I can clear the charms requirements.

That's just me though, and it's a small quirk I have. I could easily catch a Mawile and have it be the partner Pokemon lel

Alrighty then. How about this?

Name: Newt.
Starter: Dunsparce
Personality:
Newt is pretty nervous, and is pretty anxious of the world around him. He’s a simple guy, as he Specializes in normal types. Pretty curious by nature. Newt is quick to use hit and run tactics, as he’s not one to stick around with danger for very long.
Apperance:
Newt wears a white hoodie, covering his thin blonde hair. He has blue eyes, black jeans, and is often seen with black scarf.
History:
Having grown up in the sinnoh region, Florma town, he decided that the sunny place was too much for him, so he decided to search out for another place to Live, and stumbled across this region. Remote, a place far away from a busy city like jublife.
Dislikes: cities, crowds, danger, light, people.
Inventory: headphones/CD player, silk scarf, lantern, lax Incense, Pokeballs x5

Last edited:

Personality:
Newt is pretty nervous, and is pretty anxious of the world around him. He’s a simple guy, as he Specializes in normal types. Pretty curious by nature. Newt is quick to use hit and run tactics, as he’s not one to stick around with danger for very long.
Apperance:
Newt wears a white hoodie, covering his thin blonde hair. He has blue eyes, black jeans, and is often seen with black scarf.
History:
Having grown up in the sinnoh region, Florma town, he decided that the sunny place was too much for him, so he decided to search out for another place to Live, and stumbled across this region. Remote, a place far away from a busy city like jublife.

How the sh...you got a bio out before we even got a template here lol

As an example of course XD. I’m a pioneer, what can I say?
Guess we could just copy his format for your character sheets

Random question, would it be possible to catch "Starter" Pokemon in the wild without them being your starter? Like how Ash managed to find Squirtle in the wild or half the starters he gets.
In anime context, I say yes

Last edited by a moderator:
How the sh...you got a bio out before we even got a template here lol

Lel, some of us have an entire folder of OCs craving to see the light of day.

Personality:
Apperance:
History:
I like it tbh

This is probably the character I'll use first:

|C H A R A C T E R|

Name: Ellen Glyn Twdyr

Pronunciation: Ellen Glen Tudor
Nickname: Elle, Lyn

Description: Standing, confidently she might add, at 5”2, Ellen is a Sinnoh-born girl, hailing from the port city of Canalave. Although she was born in Canalave, her parents were migrants coming from Kalos and Galar (Specifically her name is Welsh). Her living environment allowed her to foster a growing interest in Metallurgy, and at her request, her first Pokemon was a steel type from Iron Island. Her dress-style is more conventionally ‘feminine’ as she wears a white blouse with ruffles around the choker and wrists. Her blouse paired with her stone grey, long, flared skirt, often gives her a strict, ‘professional’ look. This is further exemplified by the skin-tight stockings she wears and her hemlock high-heeled ankle boots. She’s a bit of a book-worm and wears a set of thin-rimmed silver glasses. She has flaxen brown hair, styled into a half up-do with excess strands resting over her shoulder.

Personality: Ellen is a bit sarcastic and fancies herself as an independent woman. She can be aptly described as Phlegmatic-Choleric. She prefers to work by herself or with her pokemon, but isn’t above working in a team when the need calls. She’s open to socializing if awkwardly at first, but doesn’t appreciate invasions of her privacy or personal space.

|P O K E M O N|
Name: Cordelia

Species: Mawile
Ability: Intimidate

Description:
Cordelia is a normal Mawile who wears a sea-blue bow. She’s Ellen’s first pokemon, and was hatched from an Egg in Canalave city. She was a gift to Ellen for her 16th birthday, and since hatching has been witness to her trainer's interests and antics. She can be very wilful, ferocious, and overbearing, drawing contrast to her more taciturn trainer, and also living up to her name which has double meanings.
One interpretation comes from the Kalosian (French) phrase Courre de Lione, or, Heart of the Lion. While the other hints at the bow she wears is a reference to the harbor waters of Canalave, as well as the Welsh word Creiddylad, meaning Jewel of the Sea.

747590_2019-08-12_23-32-05.png

Artist: @yanhua
Link
ADMIN EDIT: Image removed. Remember, we have rules about the use of art in the RP forum. If this Mawile is your work, then you can feel free to edit the post and put it back in there. If it isn't... Well. See the rules as for what is or isn't allowed.

Last edited:

Lel, some of us have an entire folder of OCs craving to see the light of day.

I like it tbh

This is probably the character I'll use first:

|C H A R A C T E R|

Name: Ellen Glyn Twdyr

Pronunciation: Ellen Glen Tudor
Nickname: Elle, Lyn

Description: Standing, confidently she might add, at 5”2, Ellen is a Sinnoh-born girl, hailing from the port city of Canalave. Although she was born in Canalave, her parents were migrants coming from Kalos and Galar (Specifically her name is Welsh). Her living environment allowed her to foster a growing interest in Metallurgy, and at her request, her first Pokemon was a steel type from Iron Island. Her dress-style is more conventionally ‘feminine’ as she wears a white blouse with ruffles around the choker and wrists. Her blouse paired with her stone grey, long, flared skirt, often gives her a strict, ‘professional’ look. This is further exemplified by the skin-tight stockings she wears and her hemlock high-heeled ankle boots. She’s a bit of a book-worm and wears a set of thin-rimmed silver glasses. She has flaxen brown hair, styled into a half up-do with excess strands resting over her shoulder.

Personality: Ellen is a bit sarcastic and fancies herself as an independent woman. She can be aptly described as Phlegmatic-Choleric. She prefers to work by herself or with her pokemon, but isn’t above working in a team when the need calls. She’s open to socializing if awkwardly at first, but doesn’t appreciate invasions of her privacy or personal space.

|P O K E M O N|
Name: Cordelia

Species: Mawile
Ability: Intimidate

Description:
Cordelia is a normal Mawile who wears a sea-blue bow. She’s Ellen’s first pokemon, and was hatched from an Egg in Canalave city. She was a gift to Ellen for her 16th birthday, and since hatching has been witness to her trainer's interests and antics. She can be very wilful, ferocious, and overbearing, drawing contrast to her more taciturn trainer, and also living up to her name which has double meanings.
One interpretation comes from the Kalosian (French) phrase Courre de Lione, or, Heart of the Lion. While the other hints at the bow she wears is a reference to the harbor waters of Canalave, as well as the Welsh word Creiddylad, meaning Jewel of the Sea.

Aha that’s a lot of justify information. You or some thought into this one
I don't really see why not.

I'd approve of it. They might be a bit rarer, but then again you've got trainers who go out of their way to look for rare Pokemon.
That also brings up how wild pokemon encounters work

Okay now I need to work on my bio. Legit I've been more mapping my end game team lol

So far I have Lycanroc (Midday or Dusk depending on what Stellar says), Dragonair, Incineroar, Luxray. Probably gonna reserve a Grass & Water type for my final two spots.

Not the most balanced team in the world, but some of my favs and I figure I can milk their moves for stylish combos and make them competitive against Gym Leaders & League Opponents.

Aha that’s a lot of justify information. You or some thought into this one
OHHH YES! She's my favorite Pokemon OC atm and she's only ever spoken 2 words in an RP xD
That also brings up how wild pokemon encounters work
Right, that's something to put thought into.

Do we want to make the encounters randomized?

Or will we encounter whatever we want?

Randomized isn't bad, the teams do tend to be fairly flexible, and you could always keep trying until you get a pokemon you're satisfied with. Pokemon would have to be selectively randomized though, so a volcano would have randomized fire types and maybe a few Earth or Rock types.

Okay now I need to work on my bio. Legit I've been more mapping my end game team lol

So far I have Lycanroc (Midday or Dusk depending on what Stellar says), Dragonair, Incineroar, Luxray. Probably gonna reserve a Grass & Water type for my final two spots.

Not the most balanced team in the world, but some of my favs and I figure I can milk their moves for stylish combos and make them competitive against Gym Leaders & League Opponents.
Contests are majorly creative, like Zoey's Blizzard Shadow Claw

upload_2019-9-20_23-1-59.jpeg

This alone is honestly enough to make me love Glameow, so I would never evolve mine in an RP xD

Ice Aqua Jet

This is why Dawn is the best companion by the way. No other companion actually inspired Ash with moves to use.

Purugly isn't bad, it's actually amazing in battles. I've used it a few times.

But I wouldn't need the raw stats in an RP, there's so much I could do off creativity alone. I'd just take Glameow for its appearance and the Zoey factor.

Also Speaking of Pokemon

How are we handling moves?

Unlimited moves? or a set number of them?

I prefer more than 4 but not sure how many.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if unpopular or not but I feel based off creative moves I feel Zoey is the best Coordinator we see in the anime and Glameow was impressive every time we saw it.
Most definitely, Zoey made Coordinating good. Like it was always okay before, but the way it was treated in Sinnoh, I felt like they were way more serious about it. Like the fact, Dawn lost a competition because she was too flashy and it distracted from the Pokemon themselves. I feel like the judging had some real thought to it.

Also

TMs
Hms
Move Tutors

How shall we be treating those?