• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Geminos: ~Threads of Uncertainty~ (Discussion Thread)

Which 8 types should we use as Gyms?

• Fire

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Water

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Flying

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Grass

• Steel

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Electric

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Ghost

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Fairy

• Ice

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Dark

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Dragon

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Rock

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Normal

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Fighting

• Bug

• Psychic

• Poison

• Ground

• Total voters
The Trampinch used a non stab attack and it tied with a doble stab boosted scald from Poliwag, I went with that logic. If you want I can edit and have her faint though, the battle has been taking long and I'm the others want to start.

Stabs and boosts only really have effects when they hit the opponent. My counter was perfectly reasonable.

Although if you wanna bring that up, I could mention Corsolas instantaneously creating a pillar out of rocks...so...

I believe he viewed it as stab adding a boost to the move strength itself.

Example being, Surf from a water-type being stronger than Surf from a ground type.

I understood what he meant. But a beam of energy colliding with a beam of water would likely still lead to evaporation.

Even if it didn’t evaporate the whole attack, it would likely still take the punch out of it.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Second badge of eight is up

https://pokecharms.com/works/vine-badge.55548/
Vine Badge 2.png

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Name: Pancho Manuel Orozco Rodrigo Pablito Domingo Gutierrez Hernandez Pepino Tortuga Luigi Chichiburrito
Description: Don Chichiburrito is 5'4," brown-skinned and fat with a thick, bushy, shady-looking mustache, a bulbous nose, wickedly grinning teeth, a brown poncho, a sleeveless cowboy's vest, worn blue jeans with sparse patches of dirt and a wide sombrero.
Personality (Optional): Evil, greedy, manipulative, and prideful, he occasionally lapses into Spanish when he speaks.
History (Optional): Illegally crossed the southern border to get into Geminos, intent on setting up a drug empire.
Likes/Dislikes (Optional): Likes tacos, beans, burritos, and weedwhackers, dislikes walls and President Donald Trumshoos.

Inventory (5 Items Max, excluding essentials): 1 Breakfast Burrito, 1 Lunch Burrito, 1 Dinner Burrito, 1 Rocket Burrito which gives him enough gas to fly to space, and 1 Nuclear Burrito that gives him more ripping force than Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined. He can hold it in, but eventually he'll need to vent, and he can't count the number of times he tore through his pants.

I am dead serious. Now let me head to Naruto AU and hop on Discord since I heard you discuss the thread there. And if this isn't accepted, I'll just get on Discord for fun. It's about time I got one, since Nebby was wondering what mine was. ;)

Edit: Aww, the invite expired.

Last edited:
Name: Pancho Manuel Orozco Rodrigo Pablito Domingo Gutierrez Hernandez Pepino Tortuga Luigi Chichiburrito
Description: Don Chichiburrito is 5'4," brown-skinned and fat with a thick, bushy, shady-looking mustache, a bulbous nose, wickedly grinning teeth, a brown poncho, a sleeveless cowboy's vest, worn blue jeans with sparse patches of dirt and a wide sombrero.
Personality (Optional): Evil, greedy, manipulative, and prideful, he occasionally lapses into Spanish when he speaks.
History (Optional): Illegally crossed the southern border to get into Geminos, intent on setting up a drug empire.
Likes/Dislikes (Optional): Likes tacos, beans, burritos, and weedwhackers, dislikes walls and President Donald Trumshoos.

Inventory (5 Items Max, excluding essentials): 1 Breakfast Burrito, 1 Lunch Burrito, 1 Dinner Burrito, 1 Rocket Burrito which gives him enough gas to fly to space, and 1 Nuclear Burrito that gives him more ripping force than Hiroshima and Nagaski combined. He can hold it in, but eventually he'll need to vent, and he can't count the number of times he tore through his pants.

I am dead serious. Now let me head to Naruto AU and hop on Discord since I heard you discuss the thread there. And if this isn't accepted, I'll just get on Discord for fun. It's about time I got one, since Nebby was wondering what mine was. ;)

Edit: Aww, the invite expired.
Lmao, the southern border does pose...issues since it makes no sense considering the Map of Geminos xD

There's a map in the first post of the thread, iirc. Geminos is essentially a large, circular continent with a small island to the...south east.

The Crime thing we could work on though lel

Lmao, the southern border does pose...issues since it makes no sense considering the Map of Geminos xD
Actually no, Pancho is from a secret undersea land bordering Geminos called Geminoslantis, he has gills and came to the surface to get land dwellers hooked on sea-weed and sea-cocaine, which would make him a Water-type Gym Leader, or Rock-type, since he's stoned out of his mind.
1 Rocket Burrito which gives him enough gas to fly to space, and 1 Nuclear Burrito that gives him more ripping force than Hiroshima and Nagaski combined
Or a Poison-type.

Jk, he's a Bug-type trainer who illegally entered Geminos by skydiving off a plane, which was about to crash anyway because it could no longer support his weight.
The Crime thing we could work on though lel
Nah, it isn't that important, don't worry about it too much. He'll be the 5th Gym Leader, you guys just enjoy your chill adventure until then :)

Last edited:
Actually no, Pancho is from a secret undersea land bordering Geminos called Geminoslantis, he has gills and came to the surface to get land dwellers hooked on sea-weed and sea-cocaine, which would make him a Water-type Gym Leader, or Rock-type, since he's stoned out of his mind.
Actually...we beat you to that idea too lel

There is —well, there might be an undersea land below the great lake in the middle of the continent. We were tossing around the idea of the Pokemon League being there. It's more for conversation when we get to it though. In the meanwhile, you might want to consider the turf war you may or may not start with the other three drug-dealing cartels that apparently like to frequent the island.

@Retro Master's char is a drug dealer, and the big bads specialize in a type of drug that creates shadow pokemon...You might want to throw in a little more detail to his overall goals and all so we can see where he'd fit in.

Oh great another RP where I have to think. And I was hoping this would be one where I could sit back and relax.
@Retro Master's char is a drug dealer, and the big bads specialize in a type of drug that creates shadow pokemon...You might want to throw in a little more detail to his overall goals and all so we can see where he'd fit in.
Sigh... this is why I told Retro that we have a lot in common. Both lewd (misunderstood as), around the same age, both worried about the future, both our names are backwards, plus he likes my comments, and now this...

@Retro Master We’re soulmates, aren’t we? Should’ve pulled up when I was in Florida mid-December.
I’ve only just heard of pancho but realized how we desperately need this
The true King of Charms comes to my aid >:D:p

Last edited:
Your requested invite @E.K.A.N.S.
https://discord.gg/fAVZEbz (Join the Naruto AU ~ Rise of Eelogakure~ Discord Server!)

Both lewd (misunderstood as),
Excuse me, I don't think you use 'misunderstood' in the right context.

You're most certainly lewd, and while Retro isn't really at the same level he's not far behind either.

unknown.png

He's been exploring his fetishes and all...probably why his character has been sticking to Officer Jenny for the past 4 months...

Oh, re: your earlier message, the Water-Gym Leader is taken, so the Rock will have to do...or your Original Bug Gym...though...now that I think about it. I'm pretty sure there isn't a Bug Gym. It might've been an Elite 4 though...actually, pretty sure there's no rock Gym either.

sea-weed and sea-cocaine, which would make him a Water-type Gym Leader, or Rock-type, since he's stoned out of his mind.
the Water-Gym Leader is taken, so the Rock will have to do...
I was making a joke.
or your Original Bug Gym...though...now that I think about it. I'm pretty sure there isn't a Bug Gym.
Yeah, I saw that in the first post. I'd also quoted the list of Gyms when asking if I could do Bug.

It wasn't on the list but I asked anyway in case you were willing to make concessions and switch one for Bug, but if there are careful plans that depend on the way the Gym types currently are, I understand. I'll work around it somehow.
You might want to throw in a little more detail to his overall goals and all so we can see where he'd fit in.
The only thing he's done so far and will have done for the short time he's relevant in the RP is hook the citizens of his Gym's town on drugs. So think of his operations as confined to a single city, if that helps.

I was making a joke.

Yeah, I saw that in the first post. I'd also quoted the list of Gyms when asking if I could do Bug.

It wasn't on the list but I asked anyway in case you were willing to make concessions and switch one for Bug, but if there are careful plans that depend on the way the Gym types currently are, I understand. I'll work around it somehow.

The only thing he's done so far and will have done for the short time he's relevant in the RP is hook the citizens of his Gym's town on drugs. So think of his operations as confined to a single city, if that helps.
RIP

Gyms are decided by Majority rule, so a quick shows of hands will get the concessions needed. Lucky for you, we've only made plans up to the 4th Gym or so, the rest are pretty up in the air.

Thanks for the invite kyuu, I think I'll stick to Charms though. Didn't see much about Geminos there and if we're discussing the RP I'll be here. My discussion posts tend to be long and I feel Discord is for more rapid-fire interactions, and the ability to see when people are typing things puts pressure on me to get things out faster. There's probably a way to disable it but I must've missed it as I was playing around.

Last edited: