• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Geminos: ~Threads of Uncertainty~ (Discussion Thread)

Which 8 types should we use as Gyms?

• Fire

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Water

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Flying

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Grass

• Steel

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Electric

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Ghost

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Fairy

• Ice

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Dark

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Dragon

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Rock

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Normal

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Fighting

• Bug

• Psychic

• Poison

• Ground

• Total voters
Are there any other contenders for League Champion in this? Seems fine with me if nobody else has one.
Well, if no one else has any other Champion Characters they wanna throw up them...I guess lol.
I planned for Ajax to gun for League, but I can have him lose; it would be fun to have them as rivals with Mango's permission, though

Oh I thought we were deciding the current League Champion one of us gets to take down, not who gets to win the title at RPs end.

Devin is also gunning for that.
Yea, he's supposed to be the current Champion.

We have about...5 League-goers now.

Devin
Ellen
Levi
Ajax
Atticus

with Devin, Ellen, and Levi doubling in battles and contests.
Yeah, Atticus is shooting for champion as well. I was thinking Acacia would be the current champion and final boss

Well...not sure if the Champion is the final boss. We'll have to see how it goes. It might end up being the main villain, but who knows.

Ajax may dabble in Contests during the RP, and considering his interest in the occupation, I'd say it's safe to put him in the doubling list as well lol
That leaves us with 4 doublers.

In total 5 Coordinators & 5 League Challengers. Think we'll have enough characters to build rival interactions off of. A few are already being set up within the RP, but there are certainly more to be built lel.

I’m trying to avoid repeating anyone’s Pokémon, but there’s so many to keep track of... If I accidentally capture one someone else has, please let me know!
We actually keep track of our rolls in the discord server we have for Naruto AU. A number of people already know what their teams will sorta be anyway. Ellen's team is already set.

upload_2019-10-28_23-59-43.png

Alright so I rolled 3 times for each area, then of all those I picked my 6 favorites. I’m actually pretty happy with how it turned out, it’s Pokémon I haven’t rped with before and my team has a cool kind of feudal Asia vibe.
Without further ado, here’s my *tentative* final team plan. Let me know if I have any overlaps.
I know nothing, I’m way too indecisive the ones I know for sure are:
Emolga
Floatzel
Kommo-o

Last edited:

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Alright so I rolled 3 times for each biome, then of all those I picked my 6 favorites. I’m actually pretty happy with how it turned out, it’s Pokémon I haven’t rped with before and my team has a cool kind of feudal Asia vibe.
Without further ado, here’s my *tentative* final team plan. Let me know if I have any overlaps.
Luxray- starter
Drampa- mountain
Kommo-o- mountain
Darmanitan- dry
Samurott- fresh water
Crobat- cave
Did you happen to keep track of all your rolls? Just wondering because I'm curious, not because you had to. I also think it's important to note that the routes are not the same thing as the biomes. Certain Pokemon can be found in certain biomes, but some routes have multiple biomes. For instance, Seafare has three biomes and it's own list of pokemon that can be found there. Instead of rolling for each biome in seafare, you would roll for seafare itself.

Did you happen to keep track of all your rolls? Just wondering because I'm curious, not because you had to. I also think it's important to note that the routes are not the same thing as the biomes. Certain Pokemon can be found in certain biomes, but some routes have multiple biomes. For instance, Seafare has three biomes and it's own list of pokemon that can be found there. Instead of rolling for each biome in seafare, you would roll for seafare itself.
I mean I took notes for which I liked best, if you would like I can go through all my rolls. I’m actually still editing the team to be less mainstream.

Again, you didn’t notify anyone so if they wanted to put it in their bio they couldn’t have since they didn’t know.
If anyone really wanted to add Likes and Dislikes to their character sheet they would've added it even if it wasn't explicitly stated in the Bios. For example, my bios establishes that Ellen likes books. However, there is no part in the bios that says:

Also:

The Complete Bios should appear like this:

Name:
Description:
Personality (Optional):
History (Optional):
Likes/Dislikes (Optional):

Inventory (5 Items Max, excluding essentials):

Starter Pokemon
Name:
Species:
Ability:
Description/Other (Optional):

========================================================================

Name: Ellen Glyn Twdyr
Pronunciation: Ellen Glen Tudor
Nickname: Elle, Lyn

Description: Standing, confidently she might add, at 5”2, Ellen is a Sinnoh-born girl, hailing from the port city of Canalave. Although she was born in Canalave, her parents were migrants coming from Kalos and Galar (Specifically her name is Welsh). Her living environment allowed her to foster a growing interest in Metallurgy, and at her request, her first Pokemon was a steel type from Iron Island. Her dress-style is more conventionally ‘feminine’ as she wears a white blouse with ruffles around the choker and wrists. Her blouse paired with her stone grey, long, flared skirt, often gives her a strict, ‘professional’ look. This is further exemplified by the skin-tight stockings she wears and her hemlock high-heeled ankle boots. She’s a bit of a book-worm and wears a set of thin-rimmed silver glasses. She has flaxen brown hair, styled into a half up-do with excess strands resting over her shoulder.

Personality: Ellen is a bit sarcastic and fancies herself as an independent woman. She can be aptly described as Phlegmatic-Choleric. She prefers to work by herself or with her pokemon, but isn’t above working in a team when the need calls. She’s open to socializing if awkwardly at first, but doesn’t appreciate invasions of her privacy or personal space.

|I N V E N T O R Y|

1. Book of Sinnoh Mythos
  2. Pokeballs x3
  3. Poffin Case (Poffins x 5)
  4. Poketch

|P O K E M O N|
Name: Cordelia

Species: Mawile
Ability: Intimidate

Description:
Cordelia is a normal Mawile who wears a sea-blue bow. She’s Ellen’s first pokemon, and was hatched from an Egg in Canalave city. She was a gift to Ellen for her 16th birthday, and since hatching has been witness to her trainer's interests and antics. She can be very wilful, ferocious, and overbearing, drawing contrast to her more taciturn trainer, and also living up to her name which has double meanings.
One interpretation comes from the Kalosian (French) phrase Courre de Lione, or, Heart of the Lion. While the other hints at the bow she wears is a reference to the harbor waters of Canalave, as well as the Welsh word Creiddylad, meaning Jewel of the Sea.

747590_2019-08-12_23-32-05.png

Artist: @yanhua
Link: https://pokecharms.com/works/mawile-for-kyuukestu.54326/

this was from over a month ago :\
Alright so I rolled 3 times for each biome, then of all those I picked my 6 favorites. I’m actually pretty happy with how it turned out, it’s Pokémon I haven’t rped with before and my team has a cool kind of feudal Asia vibe.
Luxray- starter
Xatu- Forest
Kommo-o- mountain
Darmanitan- dry
Samurott- fresh water
Breloom- Swamp
Ah nice team, however, I'll have to agree with Snuck in that the rolls aren't based on the biomes themselves. They're based on the routes and locations.

So for example:

Seafare City
Route 1
Aquamarine City
Route 2
Petrichor City

I believe those the locations we have thus far, and you can see the list of Pokemon that appears in each location.

Also mango you said you rolled for each biome but did you perhaps mean you rolled for each area?
Oh, my bad. I should’ve realized it was impossible to decipher having said biome instead of area, I’ll go edit that right now. Thanks for pointing it out!

It’s still though a max of 3 per route. So when you roll and don’t see anything you want, that’s totally fine, just gotta wait to the next location to roll and such.
If anyone really wanted to add Likes and Dislikes to their character sheet they would've added it even if it wasn't explicitly stated in the Bios. For example, my bios establishes that Ellen likes books. However, there is no part in the bios that says:

Also:

this was from over a month ago :\

Ah nice team, however, I'll have to agree with Snuck in that the rolls aren't based on the biomes themselves. They're based on the routes and locations.

So for example:

Seafare City
Route 1
Aquamarine City
Route 2
Petrichor City

I believe those the locations we have thus far, and you can see the list of Pokemon that appears in each location.
Yeah, my bad. I just wanted to get my final team out there and the list of Pokémon for every route in the rp wasn’t available yet. I figure since the rolling is optional, for each area with one of the Pokémon I plan on catching I’ll just roll twice and have encounters with the other two. I probably didn’t need to roll when deciding my final team but I did just for the fun of it.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Oh, my bad. I should’ve realized it was impossible to decipher having said biome instead of area, I’ll go edit that right now. Thanks for pointing it out!

Yeah, my bad. I just wanted to get my final team out there and the list of Pokémon for every route in the rp wasn’t available yet. I figure since the rolling is optional, for each area with one of the Pokémon I plan on catching I’ll just roll twice and have encounters with the other two. I probably didn’t need to roll when deciding my final team but I did just for the fun of it.

Yeah rolling IS optional. So don’t need to stress over it lol. It’s just more so to prevent people from like spawning a evolved dragonite in the middle of the starter zone XD

Yeah rolling IS optional. So don’t need to stress over it lol. It’s just more so to prevent people from like spawning a evolved dragonite in the middle of the starter zone XD
Yep Yep.

That said the further along we go the more evolved Pokemon will pop up in the biomes. That'll be a small way of adding a bit more to the list of Pokemon. I think that by the time fully evolved Pokemon start popping up most people will have a fairly decent team if not one already fully constructed.