• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Gardevoir Master's Combat Theory Thread

This is a team I'm considering making once I can do some serious link battling.

Heh. I've played Pokemon since Red and Blue, but never really link battled, so you'll excuse me if I show a distinct lack of strategy.

Gardevoir
Ability: Synchronize
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Confuse Ray
Thunderwave

Chatot
Ability: Tangled Feet
Chatter
Roost
Steel Wing
Double Team

Blissey
Item: Iron Ball
Ability: Natural Cure
Ice Beam
Fling
Recycle
Softboiled

Rapidash
Item: Shell Bell
Ability: Flash Fire
Flare Blitz
Poison Jab
Rest
Double Team

Carnivine
Item: Big Root
Ability: Levitate
Power Whip
Leech Seed
Secret Power
Sludge Bomb

Mothim
Ability: Swarm
Substitute
Bug Buzz
Roost
Air Slash

C

Curtis

This is a team I'm considering making once I can do some serious link battling.

Heh. I've played Pokemon since Red and Blue, but never really link battled, so you'll excuse me if I show a distinct lack of strategy.

Gardevoir
Ability: Synchronize
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Confuse Ray
Thunderwave

Chatot
Ability: Tangled Feet
Chatter
Roost
Steel Wing
Double Team

Blissey
Item: Iron Ball
Ability: Natural Cure
Ice Beam
Fling
Recycle
Softboiled

Rapidash
Item: Shell Bell
Ability: Flash Fire
Flare Blitz
Poison Jab
Rest
Double Team

Carnivine
Item: Big Root
Ability: Levitate
Power Whip
Leech Seed
Secret Power
Sludge Bomb

Mothim
Ability: Swarm
Substitute
Bug Buzz
Roost
Air Slash

Wow, this team is excellent it has a great assortment of moves though I suggest getting rid of Blissey Fling unless you have a continuous supply of Iron Balls. Other than that its a great team with excess to many move types, we should battle Wi-Fi sometime.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I believe the Iron Ball only works on the PokéMon that has it attached. NOT the entire party. Carnivine wields a Big Root in this, so the Iron Ball is irrelevant to Carnivine. Just Blissey.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Curtis

Don't worry, your teams fine, I don't you need trick room though, could you tell us which Pokemon your going to teach it to, but still your partys fine.

C

Curtis

Oops, I was thinking Trick Room did something else, but I say go for it, though the other two moves Blissey knows other than Fling and Recycle are both fairly good so it's your chose but, not for nothing, I'd pick Hardboil.

I definitely think he meant Softboiled. There is no Hardboiled and there is no new Chansey's specific move to my knowledge. Easy mistake to make though.

I don't believe flinging iron balls is a good idea.For one isn't the move physical? (So i don't think her attack supports it)

also,its power is like 130 right?Thats less than hyper beam and after that it takes a turn to prepare another strike(though you get to choose when that time is).So like hyper beam u'll have to take a turn off your guard.HOWEVER unlike hyper beam half the time you will have a speed disadvantage.Think about it

lets say without the iron ball u are faster.You recycle

Then they attack u,you are now near death

but now that you have the iron ball again they are faster,so they kill you.

It comes at a larger cost IMO than hyper beam,for a lesser gain.Also she indeed has PITIFUL attack,and fling is indeed physical.So this is a terrible choice for a move.You are better to add hyper beam and replace recycle with somthing else. (though even then i'd say blissey can do better than that with a power as great as serene grace)

Geomon does have a point. It is a good strategy but it's a physical atk and Blissey's atk sucks. I think you might want to change the moveset. Here's a move set i saw a guy using. On the first move use T-wave then,after you use T-wave i guess use stealth rock since it can help you by taking away the foe's hp if it switches it especially helps if the foe's pokemon is weak to rock. Seismic toss does dmg based on lvl right so if you doing a lvl 100 battle it'll take away 100 hp regardless of stats and type. Then if you think you should heal use softboiled. I don't know what nature you should put though. Also even if you use softboiled since you have the iron ball the foe would atk first and kill you. Most of the time though people don't know that blissey's def is extremely low, I see it all the time on youtube. People always use a sp.atk on Blissey and it takes away almost nothing.

Blissey
item-leftovers
Moveset-
T-wave
Stealth rock
Seismic toss
Softboiled

Its a pretty good team, And this may just be my dislike of most of the R/B Fire types, but all I really have to complain about is Rapidash's Moveset/pool, It just doesnt have many good moves (not just yours, I mean Rapidash In general) and with Flare Blitz being the only Really good Physical Fire type attack, It seems like it would be losing more health then Shell bell would be Fixing (Well, Duh, But, w/e) and Poison Jab Isnt really covering any weaknesses that Fireblitz couldent cover anyways..I just wanna throw in a suggestion (feel free to ignore) I would Say you could use Arcanine over Rapidash, I admit, Its movepool Isnt too much better than Rapidash's, its also a bit slower, But, you get the use of [glow=white,2,300]Extremespeed[/glow], which always goes first (And is Extreme! =3) You also get the use of [glow=Black,2,300]Crunch[/glow], an Easy, Non-breeding way to get [glow=Orange,2,300]flame wheel[/glow] (IMO, better than Flare Blitz, Again, feel free to ignore some/all of what Im saying) [glow=white,2,300]Howl[/glow] (Raises its attack one step, but one step is better than none) [glow:pink,2,300]Agility[/glow] (I honestly dont know if you would use this AND Extremespeed) It can also Learn [glow=skyblue,2,300]Arial Ace[/glow] (same case with my poison jab arguement, though, It doesent cover much that a fire type attack wouldent) And can learn [glow=Yellow,2,300]ThunderFang[/glow] (not the best move, but not the worst), Via Move Re-learner.... Again, This is only my Opinion-Filled-Input, Feel free to Ignore my statement..... (P.S, I just Figered out how to make things [glow=red,2,300]glow[/glow] XD