• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS garchomp moveset

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you look at my garchomps moveset and post new ones if it needs improving

garchomp level 76
life orb

outrage
fire fang
surf
earthquake

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Swap Surf for Swords Dance and you'll have an absolutely killer moveset right there. Alternatives for Fire Fang include Fire Blast and Substitute.

That's pretty much it for Garchomp.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
A TM for Swords Dance is available at the Game Corner. It should be fairly cheap if I remember correctly.

S

sheesheesh

[quote author=King of Lucario link=topic=6612.msg115310#msg115310 date=1248736941]
Swap Surf for Swords Dance and you'll have an absolutely killer moveset right there. Alternatives for Fire Fang include Fire Blast and Substitute.

how do i get swords dance
[/quote]
It's a TM. This person ON A POKEMON BASED WEBSITE knows nothing about TMs.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
And you get a warning for A. Answering a question that has clearly already been answered, and B. Sounding like a smart-ass at the same time.

S

sheesheesh

I could remove this reply and the
[quote author=damo121 link=topic=6612.msg115393#msg115393 date=1248796350]
[quote author=King of Lucario link=topic=6612.msg115310#msg115310 date=1248736941]

how do i get swords dance
[/quote]
It's a TM. This person ON A POKEMON BASED WEBSITE knows nothing about TMs.
[/quote] also. Would that help?

EDIT: DAMMIT! Lost the game!

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Do what you want, but it won't change your warning.

The warning will disappear in a few days anyway.

S

sheesheesh

I just accidentally punished myself by slamming my knee against my desk. And starting know, I won't try to do anything dumb.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Either way, just ensure this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

That ends this discussion, since I'm pretty sure Damo doesn't appreciate his thread being derailed in this fashion.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I'm keeping it open for the time being until Damo says he's done with the thread.

I just accidentally punished myself by slamming my knee against my desk. And starting know, I won't try to do anything dumb.
Ouch! do that with my games, but on with the topic:
[quote author=King of Lucario link=topic=6612.msg115395#msg115395 date=1248796429]
A TM for Swords Dance is available at the Game Corner. It should be fairly cheap if I remember correctly.
[/quote]
The TM costs 4,000 coins, to clear you, King.

Also, If you do not like Fire Fang, try moves like Aerial Ace or Endure. If you plan on Endure, give Garchomp something else; like a Salac Berry or Leichi Berry to boost a really good stat. Also, you did not give the nature.

Hope this wasn't crappy advice, King of Lucario...

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
It would be good if it wasn't Garchomp, but unfortunately, trying to search for diversity in Garchomp movesets is about as productive as trying to squeeze water out of a stone. The reason for this is that Ground/Dragon/Fire grants perfect coverage, and Swords Dance is the move that grants Garchomp his incredible offensive power. Although Garchomp does have other options, they may as well not even exist due to Dragon STAB/Ground STAB/Fire-type attack/Swords Dance being by far the best combination Garchomp has.

Status
Not open for further replies.