• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Games of the Day sales at EB (Canada ^^)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
EB is having some really great sales right now in Canada. Each day two different games are marked down at a low price - $9.89, or $11 tax included. QQ posted a list of all the different games for sale on another forum which I'll quote here. I'm assuming it's all true since he works at EB and I've already picked up a game this way myself. If you're a fellow Canadian, lucky you ;D

Here's a complete list for every day until July 21. All titles are $9.89 unless otherwise marked

June 16: The Con (PSP); Pariah (XB - $0.01 with purchase of any other XBox game)
June 17: MLP (PSP); The Con (PSP)

June 18: DragonBallZ Sagas (PS2); Rainbow Six Lockdown (XB)
June 19: DK: King of Swing (GBA); Mario Tennis: Power Tour (GBA)
June 20: Timesplitters (PS2); Urban Reign (PS2)
June 21: Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC); Urban Reign (PS2)
June 22: Timesplitters (PS2); Operation Spy (PS2)
June 23: Without Warning (PS2); Madden 2005 (XB)
June 24: Rainbow Six Lockdown (XB); Timesplitters (XB)

June 25: NHL 2005 (XB); Ape Escape: Ape Academy (PSP)
June 26: Metroid Prime Pinball (DS); Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (PC)
June 27: DK: King of Swing (GBA); Mario Tennis: Power Tour (GBA)
June 28: The Matrix: Path of Neo (PC); Bet on Soldier (PC)
June 29: Battallion Wars (GC); Odama (GC)
June 30: Act of War (PC); Pariah (PC - $0.01)
***July 1***: Pac-Man World 3 (PC); Conflict Global Terror (PC)

Don't forget that on July 1st GST drops to 6%!

July 2: Viewtiful Joe (PS2); Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC)
July 3: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (NG); The Sims: Bustin' Out (NG - $0.89)
July 4: City of Villains (PC - $9.97); Freedom Force: The 3rd Reich
July 5: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (GC - w/o bongos); Donkey Konga (GC - w/ bongos)
July 6: Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (PC); Operation Shadow (NG - $0.89)
July 7: 187 Ride or Die (PS2); NBA Live 2005 (XB)
July 8: The Matrix: Path of Neo (PC); The Getaway: Black Monday (PS2)

July 9: City of Villains (PC - $9.97); Total Overdose (PC)
July 10: Total Overdose (PC); Ultima Online : Samurai Empire (PC)
July 11: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (GC - w/o bongos); Donkey Konga (GC - w/ bongos)
July 12: American Chopper (XB); Rainbow Six Lockdown (XB)
July 13: 50 Cent Bulletproof (PS2); Pariah (PC - $0.01)
July 14: 50 Cent Bulletproof (PS2/XB)
July 15: Neopets Petpet Adventures: The Wand of Wishing (PSP); 50 Cent Bulletproof (XB)

July 16: 50 Cent Bulletproof (XB); Pariah (PC - $0.01)
July 17: Asheron's Call: Throne of Destiny (PC); Disney's Toontown Online (PC)
July 18: Cold Wars (PC - $7.97); SSX: Out of Bounds (NG - $0.89)
July 19: DK: King of Swing (GBA); Mario Power Tennis (GBA)
July 20: City of Villains (PC - $9.97); The Matrix: Path of Neo (PC - $1.89)
July 21: Need for Speed Underground (XB); Act of War (PC)

Anyone know if the US is having similar deals?

If I'm around early enough on certain days, I might pick up DK: King of Swing, Donkey Konga and Jungle Beat, and Viewtiful Joe 2. Donkey Konga especially I'd love to finally get my hands on, and the price is never going to get better than that.

The worst catch in this sale, of course, is that the store has to HAVE copies of that game. No pre-orders or rain-checks. That said, all of the GameCube, Game Boy Advance and DS games are in high supply at my shop, and hopefully will be at yours, too!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The worst catch in this sale, of course, is that the store has to HAVE copies of that game. No pre-orders or rain-checks. That said, all of the GameCube, Game Boy Advance and DS games are in high supply at my shop, and hopefully will be at yours, too!

Don't I know it. My copy of Odama was actually pre-played because it was the last copy of the game in the store and was currently being used in the GCN game station. Not that I care. Just happy that I noticed it before someone else did ^^

It'll be hard to get in early for the other games I want - considering that the nearest and only EB on the island is 45 mins away - but I'll try anyways.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Wow O.O

I asked about the Donkey Konga w/bongos deal at my EB yesterday and they said that it was still only $9.89 like everything else. The draw back is that they're only going to have two of those sets in on July 5th >.>

Looks like I may be poking my siblings into buying them for me ^^

I should warn you about a new (and retarded) rule: only the first person who buys the game gets it for that price. Once one copy sells, they go back to their normal prices.

At least, that's how it is at my shop.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
x.X

As retarded as it is, something tells me that it will spread to all EBs... Guess people just couldn't get enough of a good thing :p