• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Game Revival and New Game Requests

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
This thread is for suggesting new games that would be run by staff, such as Hurt and Heal, Mafia, and so on. If you're interested in running a game yourself, please feel free to post it by clicking the "Create New Thread" button in the main Playground listing.

However, all new games posted here will be moderated before they appear to the general public. A game will only be approved if:
  1. It follows all the global rules of the site.
  2. Is generally suitable for Pokécharms' audience.
  3. The rules are well-written and easily understandable.
  4. The game does not involve direct, constant involvement from the thread owner.

This thread is also the place to ask that games be revived from the Playground Archive. Ordinarily, forum games that aren't posted in for over a month are moved there, but if there's sufficient interest in seeing them return, they can be restored.

Last edited:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Re: Dead Forum Games: Revival and New Game Requests

a new H&H would be nice. Very nice, since we don't have any big games going on at the moment (like mafia or whatever). I don't have any ideas atm, though, for a H&H... game consoles maybe? I dunno <<

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

If I were to throw my two cents in, I'd say Pokemon Legendaries H&H. That would give us a decent amount of choices but not make things overwhelming, and everyone knows their legendaries.

But regardless, I agree with Shiny that we haven't had an H&H game in awhile so it'd be my first suggestion for something to revive.

A new H&H sounds like a brilliant idea to me. Perhaps one featuring characters from our favourite animes? Furthermore, I would certainly like a new Mafia, but I'm interested to hear what the others have to say first.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

It's been shown a few times now that our Anime topics are rather niche, so I don't think an H&H game with characters many people don't know is a good idea. My vote would be for something more widely known to a larger population, like popular gaming icons, something Pokemon relate, maybe even colors! Blue would totally crush all. :D

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

I believe we won't be having a new mafia game for a while due to life getting in the way and the game becoming overall redundant or whatever. :<

I thought we've already done a Legendaries H&H, even if it was a long time ago?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

I generally leave it a month or so before even contemplating another Mafia, so that's an idea I'll certainly consider, but not just yet. Remind me in a few weeks, and I'll see what I can do.

I'm very much liking the idea of Legendary Pokémon H&H, though. I put this topic up partly as a litmus test to see if anyone wanted a H&H, as it's been a good six months since we last had one. I think we should shortlist the legendaries to a list of about ten, though - a full 30-man H&H would get tiresome very quickly!

So the question is, which legendaries should we include? Should I just draw some of the most major up and see what people think?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Teapot said:
So the question is, which legendaries should we include? Should I just draw some of the most major up and see what people think?

Maybe just the banned ubers? It's more than 10, but not too much:

Mewtwo
Mew
Lugia
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Darkrai
Arceus
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem

Not all of these are classed as ubers, but these would be my suggestions. Feel free to add or remove any you'd like.

LoN said:
My random two cents says have a Vegetables H+H.

This is for the win.

Also, if we're going with Legendaries H&H, I'm fine with anything as long as Rayquaza stays there.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Dark Soul said:
Also, if we're going with Legendaries H&H, I'm fine with anything as long as Rayquaza stays there.

Okay, everyone hurt-target Rayquaza then >:D WITH MIDNIGHT ATTACKS~ *shot*

But, Shinyyyyyyyy...

P44Q5CBQ.jpg

Yeah I'm game for another H/H. It's been a while, and I'm still out for revenge on Katie for making Oshawott win by default.

I had a random idea on the way home- The Trope Game. Suggestions for a better title are more than welcome. |D

This game works in the same way as the 'The Person Above Me' game did, in the way that you describe a certain aspect of the other player's personality or other such things, but instead of random comments and/or compliments, it is done by listing a TV Trope that you find fitting for the other person.

Any thoughts?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

I like Katie's idea, so I might just go ahead and start it. :)

DS, your idea is a good one! I'll probably put it up sometime.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Okay, posted both! :D

If anyone else has ideas, keep 'em coming! The natural order of things around here means I'm fairly willing to try almost anything; ideas that aren't as popular naturally get pushed down after a while and eventually archived, so the forum almost does its own quality control.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Okay, so I had an interesting idea for a new Roll to Dodge - something PokeMon themed, since this is Charms. I was thinking we would make trainers that started off in the Kanto region and then tried to work their way up through the generations all the way to Unova. I wouldn't want to impose on Brendan's RTD at all, so let me know if you think it's a good idea.

In response to Dway's suggestion. I was actually already thinking about future Roll to Dodge Scenarios, once the currently active one rolled its course. I considered several ideas like a zombie apocalypse or a Lost-esqui adventure. I honestly never considered making a pokémon themed version. I would definitely take this into account at a later date, when we finish what we have on our plate now. Although, is it possible that you want to helm the next game Dwayna?

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I'm already trying my hand at one on another forum, and there's a lot of work that goes into it... Or at least the version that I made. I think that it is a lot of fun however... Sure! I could try to run a PokeMon RTD for you guys too. :3 Unless someone else wants to?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
A few of us were discussing this in the chat recently, so I figure I'll ask it here as well...

Is anyone interested in another round of Mafia?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Yes~ :D

Butbutbut the next few months are the worst for me, and maybe others in the US who're stil in school. Because of finals and, at least for me, AP tests. :<

So maybe one or two more months? ^^;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Shiny Eevee said:
Yes~ :D

Butbutbut the next few months are the worst for me, and maybe others in the US who're stil in school. Because of finals and, at least for me, AP tests. :<

So maybe one or two more months? ^^;

But that's so long from now. D:

We could instead do one now and another next month. ;)

Definitly so. But maybe there should be a thread up for it instead of asking it here, to make it more clear to everyone?

I'm mostly curious if anyone wants to run another session of it now, because if nobody wants to it's likely best not to get a full-blown discussion going yet. Plus, the topic description said to suggest it here first, so I did. :3

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I'm happy to run another Mafia if people want, unless El really wants to do it.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Mafia, want. So badly~

I was actually disappointed to see that none had been played/were being played since I was last here. I miss being abrasive with my logic and it getting me killed, so let's bring it back. ♥

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
We're running low on games! What would people like to see revived? Any new games you'd like to see?

Maybe a new H&H I dunno how people would feel about it, the last one was about 4 months ago. Maybe one with the starters. Or possibly the vegetable one mentioned earlier on this thread :p

I checked out the archives of Pokecharms games, and I personally would like the Pokemon ABCs, Acronym, Person Above Me, and/or the Three Word Story games revived, as I never got a chance to experience them. However, I don't know if anyone else wishes for these games to be revived, but I'm just posting my opinion and hoping for the best.

Also I have an idea for a new game. I call it the "Pokemon Alphabet game." It's like the Pokemon ABC's game, but it's not just limited to the Pokemon themselves; Anything Pokemon-related can be posted as long as it follows the order of the alphabet.

For example,
Altaria
Bluk Berry
Cherrygrove City

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Mafia. Just let me play a game with only myself. I assure you it will be some of the most drama filled posting you'll ever see. But for reals, I'm always down for more Mafia (and would even run it if needed :'D).

Heart and Heal is always a good game to play. A lot of the other ones seem to petter out over time, but those two are always pretty good ones.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mafia has only been a month, so I'd rather leave it a little longer before playing again. Bug me in two or three weeks and I'll consider it. :p

I like the sound of H&H. Anyone got ideas for subjects?

Also, anyone else want Three Word Story, Pokémon ABC, or the Acronym game? If I get a couple of "yes" votes I'll bring them out of the Archive ♥

Like I said before one with the starters for H&H. I also had a quick thought about subjects and perhaps a Mario character one.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad, Yoshi, Daisy, Wario and Waluigi

Feel free to expand on that list

And I like the sound of the Pokemon ABC :p

And I agree it is a bit too soon for Mafia but as always I will be free and interested and hopefully will have reasoning behind my logic |D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Got an idea for a new H&H game. I think due to current activity levels it'd be best going for a smaller list of choices (maybe with 25 HP each to start), so how about we use main series Pokemon games?

ie.

Red/Blue
Yellow
Gold/Silver
Crystal
Ruby/Sapphire
Emerald
FireRed/LeafGreen
Diamond/Pearl
Platinum
HeartGold/SoulSilver
Black/White
Black2/White2

I'd avoid including spin-offs because it'd turn into a massive list. Thoughts?

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Does anyone want to bring Roll to Dodge back? I feel myself craving something that involves a little roleplay and easy dice rolling. We could make it simpler as well so it won't die as easily.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
If Dwayna wants to make this happen, I'm all for it - just PM me your first post as usual. :)