• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Gallade help

Ok, I just got my Gallade (finally) and it's been nothing but frustrating figuring out a good moveset. Help would be appreciated :)

Gallade:
Psychic
Calm Mind
Miracle Leaf
Double Team

I want to get a good fighting move in there to utilize the fighting dual type. Thanks a bunch.

Well Psycho Cut is a better choice than Psychic since Gallade has a high attack stat, but much lower special attack. For similar reasons you should probably replace Calm Mind and Miracle Leaf. Swords Dance would be a good replacement for Calm Mind isf you want a stat booster.

As for a good fighting move, you could always try Close Combat for it's high power, though it does lower both your defences by a stage afterwards. If you're not keen on that happening you can try Brick Break which is still reasonably powerful and gets rid of Light Screen or Reflect. You could of course opt for a slightly weaker attack, Drain Punch, which'll heal you for 25% of the damage it does. Since you're getting STAB bonus that might be handy.

For the last attack you could pick something that helps cover your team's weaknesses, like Rock Slide if you don't have anything in the way of Rock types, or try something which'll help Gallade like Thunder Wave.

Hope that helps.

G

Ghastly

I'm no expert at movesets, but a good fighting move would be Brick break or Drain Punch

I say

Gallade
(berry that reduces supereffective flying attacks)
Psycho Cut
Brick Break/ close combat/ Drain Punch
swords dance
leaf blade/ Night slash