• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Galarian Star Journey

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Brace yourself Selina!" Daphne called out as they likely were not gonna avoid a Quick Attack twice and indeed after the Work Up Riolu hit hard and hit fast as Selina was knocked but though rolled with the impact to ease her tumble along the ground. This was gonna be tricky, already they needed to avoid hips and with a status boost like Work Up that only made the issues more evident, but Daphne had a smirk as she had just the way to fight back.

"Selina, use Attract!" Daphne called out, as Selina grinned passing a sway of her hips to the Riolu as she seemed to have this pink infectious aura to her making her appear all but irresistible as pink hearts shot out by the Riolu to add to the charm of it all.

"Alright Riolu let's blow that Attract away!" Alito grinned with his Pokemon, "Use Force Palm!" Alito shouted. Riolu held out its hand as its ears slowly raised up Riolu extended one hand out to face down the travelling hearts sent by Selina. As Riolu focused all its energy into a single point Riolu let out a loud cry to release it in a single burst of energy!... but instead there was only a puff of smoke from Riolu's palm, "Not again..." Alito sighed. Riolu was quickly surrounded by the hearts before being smitten by Selina with large pink hearts in its eyes, "Riolu snap out of it!" Alito called out but Riolu didn't respond.

Athena froze as Thanatos got a direct hit and was helpless as Reggie was surely going to go for a Dazzling Gleam. "Well. Looks like this is it for us, you fought well Thanatos." As Emeric launched his attack on the helpless racoon he put a bit of flair into it she noticed. The thing she thought was weird was the Shadow Ball right before the Dazzling Gleam. The energy released was just enough to wake up Thanatos in time for the Dazzling Gleam to hit. "Thanatos! You woke up! Quick, use Snarl!" Thanatos launched a Snarl at the beam of light aimed directly at Thanatos. The two Special Attacks clashed and created a shockwave. That knocked back Thanatos but he was able to brush it off. "Whew. Good Thanatos, you awoke at just the right time." She said while breathing a sigh of relief. "Zig! Zigg!" Said Zigzagoon.

Reggie didn't want to beat the Zigzagoon while he was defenseless. That wasn't fair nor noble. Especially if the only move Emeric was able to use was a super-effective move. He wanted to give the Zigzagoon a chance to wake up and, if he didn't wake up, the attack wouldn't do enough to knock him out. At least, it shouldn't.

That shockwave was enough to push the 0.2 pound ball of gas (probably less, considering the lowest the weight machine can register was 0.2 lbs) towards the sidelines. However, the shockwave ended right before Emeric was thrown out. Reggie had to think of something. Maybe show off resourcefulness and how to get around it. Thanatos was likely going to be a physical fighter. Regardless, he wondered how the creature would handle not being able to see his opponent.

"Emeric, Shadow Ball on the ground. Create a cover for yourself." Emeric understood and fired off a series of weak Shadow Balls on the ground, causing impacts large enough to make slight dents and the for the dust and sand to blow upwards, covering Emeric's body from view, as well as covering Thanatos' body from view.

This was going to be fun.

"Yea, I didn't want to just attack Thanatos while he was down. That wasn't going to be fun for anyone. I kind of want you to actually enjoy a battle. However, I will test to see how well Thanatos can deal being under pressure."

Emeric began wandering to and fro. While his glittering pallet made it difficult to hide, he managed some.

@Crystal1302

"Well, thank you, Reggie. Aren't you a chivalrous gentleman," she said with a chuckle. "This might actually be one of the first battles in forever that I've actually enjoyed," she said "You and Emeric may have much more experience than Thanatos and I, but we're not giving up just yet! Use Sand Attack around yourself!" said Athena. Thanatos kicked up dust in a corcle around himself to make a pseudo Smokescreen. "If you don't mind I'm going to be copying your strategy. It doesn't matter if I don't know where you are if you don't know where I am." She said sheilding her eyes from the dust being kicked all around her.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Daphne anticipated that they'd try to counter and quickly thought of what to do next, only for the Riolu to seem to have misfired as he was struck and soon had become smitten with Selina and while it seemed odd Daphne was not about to let a prime opportunity go to waste as she had to strike now. "Selina use Disarming Voice!"

Selina nodded as the Skitty shifted from seduction to battle in one motion as she began to sink which produced a beam of purple hearts from its mouth as the shrieking voice carried with it a powerful shockwave as the Fairy Type move flew towards the Fighting Type as Daphne aimed to deal heavy damage to her lovestruck foe.

Reggie gave her some finger guns for that first comment. It felt pretty good to be praised, even if it was in a teasing manner. Though, when she said it was the first battle she actually enjoyed, he felt his heart soar. Maybe he can convert get Athena to believe that she can have a skill for battling. While it may not be her big thing like being a researcher, he was glad he was able to have her get some enjoyment in battle. When she had Thanatos kick up more sand in a circle, now Emeric really wasn't able to see Thanatos. Neither was Reggie able to, so he couldn't tell Emeric where to go.

She was pretty good at thinking on her feet. The dust Emeric had stirred had settled some already, but Thanatos' sand was still in the air. Some of it got on Emeric's gases and then into his eyes, stinging them and the sand actually helped to make his glittering form more noticeable. This wasn't good. With the way the light was shining on Emeric's shiny form, it could even be seen through the dust.

"Well, aren't you fast on your feet? And a beautiful, intelligent, young lady deserves to battle a chivalrous gentleman at least once in their life." He said with a teasing tone. Yes, she was pretty beautiful in his standards, but he wasn't that attracted to her. To be fairly honest with himself, he just wanted to see a rise out of her. Besides, he was a flirter. He was never going to change that aspect. But one can still flirt with friends and stay friends, right? He's done that before.

"Emeric, I know it is going to taste gross, but lick your eyes. Get the sand out." Emeric nodded, desperate to try and find relief from the stinging sensation in his eyes that were causing such discomfort. He used his tongue to swipe the sand from his eyes. It helped a little, but now he had to use a move, and fast. Since he was practically not hard to miss, he tried to set up a Dazzling Gleam. Though, seeing as he was preoccupied and had taken precious moments to get the sand out, it was going to be a while before Dazzling Gleam was ready to fire.

He left himself open.

@Crystal1302

Watching the battle was interesting. Being a coordinator, she'd never been interested in battles herself, but it was fun to watch them. Eevee seemed even more fascinated than she was. Its eyes gleamed as it watched Skitty and Riolu battle. Luna couldn't help but smile. Eevee rarely seemed to have interest in something other than contests. Luna gave Eevee a small piece of chocolate to calm it down. As it nibbled on the sweet, it watched the battle contently. Seeing Eevee so excited about a battle made Luna question if accidentally entering the Gym Challenge wasn't completely pointless. Luna shifted her focus back to the battle.
Riolu used Work Up and hit Skitty with a Quick Attack, dealing big damage on Skitty. Skitty then quickly countered with an Attract, which Riolu tried to resist with a Force Palm, but failed. Daphne took that chance to attack the Riolu with a Super-Effective move.
"Huh.. battles are more than just a bunch of attacks..." Luna thought to herself. "This is somewhat similar to contests.... if you use really cool or pretty moves repeatedly, it's not unique and the audience will quickly get bored... and if you only use strong attacking moves in battle... you become predictable and easy to outsmart... Battles are more complicated than I thought."

Last edited:
Athena just stood there blankly before exhaling out of her nose. "I appreciate the compliment, but I'm just going to imagine you never said that. Thanatos, Lick" She said without a trace of her cheery demeanor she had just moments ago. Thanatos used the dust to it's advantage, and it's unpredictable running pattern to get in close on Emeric where it was charging the Dazzling Gleam. Of course though, Prometheus had to but in. "Tooo Bad Atheny!" Said a muffled voice from her pocket. "I just recorded the entire thing!" "Do you want to be out inside a smart toilet? Because I can make that happen." "...I'll be quiet now." "Thank you Prometheus."

The attack from Selina's Disarming Voice hit Riolu hard, throwing the lovestruck Pokemon back, hitting Alito and knocking him down as Riolu was knocked out from the blast, "Riolu?" Alito held his Pokemon as Riolu slowly opened its eyes and sighed from losing the battle, "Hey it's alright, we'll get them next time," Alito said confidently pumping his fist. Riolu jumped from Alito's arms, nodding before looking at its palm and clutching its fist angrily. Alito got up and walked towards Daphne with his hand out, "Thanks for the great battle," Alito smiled.

Reggie laughed at her response, predicting that reaction low-key in his mind. "While I do mean the compliment, I only meant the flirt in jest. I'm a natural-born flirter, but all I'm doing is compliments." With the Zigzagoon's running pattern and the sand cloud, he couldn't exactly see where he was. Until the Zigzagoon came out abruptly and managed to get a Lick off. Yes, it was super-effective, but the attack wasn't that strong to begin with and it didn't paralyze. Thank goodness.

Luckily, Emeric kept ahold of the attack be was charging and fired off the Dazzling Gleam right after Thanatos hit him. If the Dark/Normal-Type was fast enough to get to the floor and hide, then he should be fine.

@Crystal1302

Donald folded his arms and smiled as the battle concluded. "Impressive battle you did there." He said as he slowly stepped closer to the trainer with the Riolu before he turned his head over to the girl with the Skitty. "And congrats on the win." Donald added while his Drizzile merely gave a slow clap, Donald thought it was always nice to see that even adorable Pokemon can prove to be strong as well. As Donald gave his congratulations to both trainers, his eyes squinted a little. "Pardon me for prying, but weren't you also in the ceremony that just happened recently?"

"I know your intentions, but I'm still going to pretend you never said that." The lick was a direct hit, but unfortunately so was the Dazzling Gleam. The beam of light scored a direct hit on Thanatos, and with that, it was done for. Thanatos rolled a bit on the ground and was knocked out. Athena sighed and pulled out Thanatos' Pokeball. "You did very well Thanatos, you deserve a rest," she said before returning the raccoon pokemon to his respective Pokeball. "Great job Reggie, it only took one direct hit for you to win, I guess I wasn't going to win one of my first battles against another trainer." As she walked towards Reggie she felt a sudden wave of drowsiness. It took a lot of her energy to stay awake for that battle and she let out one of her biggest yawns of the day there. "I'm sorry Reggie, but I think I need to get to a place to sleep before I pass out in the street. Would you mind coming with me to the Budew Drop Inn?" she said while her eyes were half open.

After Emeric had unleashed his move, he looked down at the knocked out Zigzagoon and tried to comfort the creature. While Emeric loved showing off his style and power, he felt bad hurting what he assumed were going to be his friends later. He made a sad a smile as he pet the Thanatos before the creature got sucked in. Gastly, after yawning from exhaustion (mainly from it being during the day) and shaking off the battle, returned himself into his PokeBall, feeling much better about his win. Even though it did feel a little hollow. He would have preferred to fight someone a lot more experienced, but he was glad he was able to give Thanatos, and by extension Athena, a good battle.

Reggie lightly jogged up to Athena and smiled wide. While, yes, he did end up winning, that point was pretty much inevitable unless fate pulled a Deus Ex Machina on them both. But on the topic of it being one of her first battles, he raised an eyebrow at that. Though, he assumed she meant one in this region and after a long time. "Hey, you did really well, regardless. It's not the result, but the process and journey to that result." When he saw Athena yawn loudly and when he saw the half-asleep dazed look in her eyes, he was ready to spring in to help her walk if she needed it. He doubted she needed it, but he wasn't going to let her fall.

That would ruin the impression of a chivalrous gentleman he got from her, or assumed he did at least.

"Yea, there's the Budew Drop Inn on this section of the city. It's actually just down the street some. You need help walking? Do you need to set up a room?" While his tone wasn't outright concerned, he was worried a little. "How terrible of sleep did you get? While I can sympathize due to my constant nightmares, I'm not sure if that's what you have." He gave her an arm to hold on to or lean against if she needed it as he made sure to walk beside her.

@Crystal1302

He gave a slow clap as well, but not in bad taste, as he quite enjoyed the battle. "Bravo, bravo!" He let out a slight chuckle. "I loved this battle, so much excitement, you guys really are great. Really, I didn't know moves could be used like that." But they wont be used like that if Rascal has anything to say about that. If he can't take it down in one hit, he's got a few tricks up his sleeve. "I'd love to battle you some time, though it seems your pokemon," he glanced over at Athena, "and you need to rest. Ah, we have time. Besides, I'd like to get a little stronger before we next meet on the battlefield." He let out a sly wink.

He heard a loud crashing and looked over to see Rascal and Croagunk fallen over in a mess. "I guess I'm not the only one filled with anticipation." He let out another laugh. "Honestly, they're quite worked up after that battle, pun not intended." He laughed once more. "Anyways, I best be off. Like I said, I'd rather do some training before facing you guys. Cya!" And he walked off. He didn't know the skill level of other trainers before entering the tournament, but if his opponents are this strong, how tough are the gym leaders?! He really needed to train...

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Joining the rest of the audience that watch the small battle unfold, Lucas clapped politely for the duo as well. Gible, on the other hand, struggled to clap with his short limbs and ended up doing jazz hands for the battle. Despite having the type advantage, the Riolu ultimately lost the fight against a pretty powerful Disarming Voice from the Skitty. Lucas approached the Riolu trainer and gave the male another round of applause. He would approach the female as well, but she wasn't a familiar face Lucas had encountered, unlike the other.

"That was quite commendable. Your Riolu held it's own quite well against the Eevee. Clearly, you're going to make it far in the Pokemon League."

Clearly, there's a difference between this trainer between in and out of battle. Out of battle, Lucas only presumed him to be a a clumsy person that gets his stuff stolen easily. But clearly you can't judge a book by it's cover. The trainer was able to do amazingly on the battlefield, and his opponent was no exception. The strategies, the type advantages. Clearly, Lucas got a lot to learn about genuine Pokemon Battles, as they're much different from Contest Battles he experienced.

Last edited:
"Thank you, Reggie. Believe it or not this is one of my first battles against another trainer. I rarely did it at the Trainer's School and being a Professor's Assistant doesn't really have you battling other trainers that much. About my sleeping, I don't know really. I've always been like this. No matter how much sleep I get I always seem to be a bit tired. Even moreso when I do something that takes a lot of effort" She said rubbing her eyes. She only then noticed a trainer clapping for their performance and how much a great job the two of them did before leaving. "Who was he? Anyway don't worry about helping me there. I already have someone who's carried my sleeping body many times. Hermes, I need your assistance," she said as she sleepily pressed Hermes' pokeball. The Drifblim came out, took one look at Athena before wrapping his arms around her and lifting her up before she fell asleep completely. Drifblim made a noise as Prometheus came out of Athena's pocket. "Hermezzt has alwayzzt carried Athena around when she dozes off like thizzt! Even before she got me! Juzzt take her to the inn place and she'll be good azzt new in a few hourzzt." Said the Buzzing phone to Reggie.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"SKITTY!" Selina cried out, as she seemed overjoyed she had won while Daphne smiled as she patted her partner on the head and gave her a big grin.

"Congrats you were great out there, I knew you could do it." Daphne said before she stood up and walked over to Alito as she offered a warm smile to the trainer. "That was a fun battle, your Riolu is awesome and I thank you for this. Though I wish we could've seen how it went if your partner landed that punch." Daphne mused, as she hat noted the "misfire" from the Riolu but gave the trainer and his partner their due props, even Selina moved by the Riolu and offered a warm "Skitty!" as if to say good match.

Daphne then turned who offered a congratulations on her win as she smiled his way. "Thanks." Daphne answered, but then he asked both herself and Alito if they had been part of the opening ceremony and she decided least to answer him on her behalf. "Yeah I was actually, plan to take on the Galar League but also see what these Action Contests are all about." Daphne confessed to the newcomer to the area as Selina scanned the new arrivals with a curious gaze.

Another new face entered the scene, one which passed a gaze to both but seemed to only congratulate Alito so she presumed the two had some previous history with each other. But she decided not to let this innocent slight pass without any comment as she folded her arms over and glanced at Lucas with an amused grin. "I take it you enjoyed the battle, even if I was just kinda there I guess." Daphne said with a chuckle before a true smile crossed her lips. "I take it you were in the ceremony as well?"

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Lucas raised his hands at the girl's remark to feign innocents. He really didn't mean to ignore her, there was no ill intent there. He just didn't know it was right to approach a person he didn't know previously.

"Oh absolutely not. You and you Skitty were amazing as well! Especially how you were able to overcome the obvious type-disadvantage your Skitty had against the Fighting-Type Riolu.”

It looked like what Lucas assumed earlier was correct as well. She was part of the opening ceremony, given her claiming to be partaking in the Galarian Pokémon League. That and how she asked Lucas if he was part of the opening ceremony “as well.” Looks like everyone he was bumping into will be taking part in the league, though that’s a given since they all had just came from the Opening Ceremony.

“And yeah, I was part of the Opening Ceremony too! Though it was more of a last minute decision to join. I wasn’t planning to join at first since I’m planning on focusing on Action Contests. But I guess I got a slight push to join the Pokémon League.”

((OOC - Apologies, got wrapped up in midterms

"Thanks," Alito smiled to the trainers that had gathered after the match. Riolu politely bowed in return to Skitty for the match. Alito smiled, "Well, the Action Contests are said to be starting later this evening," Alito noted as he checked a clock to see the time. When Alito heard about Lucas taking interest in the Pokemon League Alito grinned and nudged his shoulder a bit, "Well if you're looking to continue be ready for me and Riolu to be some tough rivals, right Riolu?" Alito looked down as Riolu turned to Lucas and nodded confidently.

After a few minutes more there was a jingle that rang gently throughout the streets of Motostoke with an announcement, "Calling all coordinators, for those intending on registering for the Action Contests in Motostoke please head to the Gym Stadium within the next half hour."

Alito thought for a minute, knowing he talked to Riolu earlier, he smiled, "Come on Riolu, we need to give this a try!" Alito stated confidently. Riolu looked nervous but nodded stoically for Alito as the two took off quickly towards the stadium, "I hope to see you both there!" Alito called out as he ran.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Just messing with you dude, I get it. He's someone you know so easier to talk to. No harm no fowl." Daphne smiled back as she understood his reason and quickly made it clear she meant no real ill will, though Selina seemed to happily smile at the mention of his respect for her efforts against the fighting type.

"Name is Daphne by the by, and it seems we are all rivals in a way. I find that exciting." Daphne smiled as it seemed the other faces here not only had interest in the Galarian League but Action Contests as the latter had been something she needed to quickly as she returned Selina and soon the announcement had been heard to all Coordinators as her eyes quickly shot out. Man she needed to sign up quick if she was gonna give these Action Contests a run.

Seemed to be the thinking of Alito, who also seemed to race to sign up for those. Seems he like Lucas would be a rival in two fields, which only made Daphne smile as she quickly dashed after him and went to go enlist as her adventure had taken a new turn and she could not have been more excited.

Alito arrived at the stadium and grinned, "Hey, my name's Alito and I want to take part in an Action Contest!" Alito smiled confidently. The receptionist smiled, typing into her computer.

"A pleasure to meet you Alito, if you wouldn't mind signing this form," the receptionist grabbed a clipboard with a sheet of paper on it, handing it to Alito who happily filled it out and handed it back. "Alright now you recognize that the stadium is located on a Power Spot and as a result you'll have to use the Max Guard feature on your Dynamax Band?" the receptionist asked.

"Um... about that... I don't have a Dynamax Band..." Alito confessed. In all his time as a trainer he never really got the chance to receive a Dynamax Band of his own, he was mostly used to battling on his own. The receptionist nodded and entered the data into the computer before taking out a small electronic watch and putting it around Alito's wrist.

"That's a Guard Band, activate it when you enter the field, it can't gather energy to Dynamax a Pokemon, but it can provide the same barrier as a Dynamax Band," the receptionist explained, finishing her data entry before holding out a card and small plaque to Alito, "Here is your Contest ID and Medal Plaque, you'll need to place any medals you win in the plaque, five medals gains you entry into the Grand Festival."

Alito nodded, "Thanks a lot," Alito grinned. The receptionist nodded in response and pointed to another room that was lit up with costumes.

"Over there is the costume room, as a coordinator please feel free to rent out any outfits you'd like," the receptionist explained. Alito nodded and walked over with Riolu to look at some outfits and costumes.

An announcement for the Action Contests rang for sign ups in Motostoke stadium. Finally, what she'd been waiting for! Daphne and the others started heading towards the stadium to sign up. As the others ran towards the stadium, Luna followed them. When she was in the stadium, she waited for a moment behind and Alito and told the receptionist her name.
"Do you have a Dynamax Band with a Max Guard feature?"
"I never got a Dynamax band... Do I need one?" Luna asked. Since she'd just gotten here, she didn't even know she's need one. In Kalos, you could come across an occasional Mega Ring if you were really lucky but, Dynamax Bands were even rarer. Even if you did get your hands on one, it would practically be useless because there weren't any Power Spots in Kalos.
"No." The receptionist said, "Take this Guard Band. It can't Dynamax your Pokemon, but it can create the same barrier Max Guard does."
The receptionist put on a small wristwatch on Luna's arm, and explained, "Your Contest ID and Medal Plaque, you'll put your medals in the Medal Plaque. You need five to compete in the Grand Festival." Five? She'd only needed to collect three keys for the showcases in Kalos. And how would multiple coordinators collect five each if there were only eight major cities in Galar? (Nine, counting Windon, but that was where the Grand Festival was.)
Luna said a brief "Thank you," as the receptionist nodded and pointed to a room where coordinators were looking at costumes. "Costumes are over there. Feel free to rent one."
Luna looked down at her own clothes, just a jacket on simple pink T-Shirt and jeans. Comfortable, but definitely not for a contest. When she walked over to the clothes, she noticed Alito again, who was now looking at costumes. She simply said "Hi" and started searching for a costume that she liked.

Rusty, feeling greatly ignored, ran to another part of Motostoke. Him not participating in Action Contests meant that he needed to wait a bit before he could have some friends to travel with. He decided to chill out near the Motostoke Stadium, playing with Scorbunny. "Go fetch!" He said as he tossed the ball toy, Scorbunny returned it to Rusty. "Adorable." He said as he received the ball and put it away. "Might as well keep waiting here, eh, buddy?" He asked as Scorbunny nodded, and they returned to their game of fetch.

"Hey," Alito replied as he was now wearing a Black Belt Suit, sleeves torn off with a red headband on his back. Alito looked down to see Riolu wearing a similar headband on its head as well. Riolu tightened its headband and jabbed the air in front of it lightly, "Come on Riolu lets head to the waiting room and prepare our opening act!" Alito smiled. Riolu nodded walking alongside Alito to the waiting room as Alito began thinking about the show he'd have to put on.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Lucas was hesitant to be out of place with strangers, a bit opposite of his on-stage persona where he adores the attention he receives, but he was grateful that the trainers there were open and inviting with him as to not let the ladder felt left out. Lucas felt a slight shove on his shoulder, where Alito was claimed to be a rival of his now if Lucas planned on keeping up with the Pokemon League, which the brunette definitely planned on doing now that he's this far in. Daphne, on the other hand which Lucas just learned the name of, claimed she was only messing with him. Lucas gave a sigh of relief once he had heard that, glad that he hadn't unintentionally hurt anyone. She also claimed the be a rival towards everyone as well, which Lucas could quickly assume that she was taking part in not only the Pokemon League, but also Action Contests. He was glad he was making friendly acquaintances and rivals with other trainers in Galar, he thought it was just going to be him and Gible for quite a while.

The bustling streets of Motostoke deafened down once an announcement came up on the Public Announcement System. A small jingle was played right before the actual announcement. The speaker over the PA system had informed that those who intended to perform in the Motostoke Action Contest should come back to the stadium quickly within thirty minutes. Alito and Daphne were the first to head out, followed by the others. Lucas was following them too, but at a much slower pace, having signed up for Action Contests immediately after the Opening Ceremony was finished.

Once arriving at the stadium, he was quickly escorted to the costume area, having already been given his Guard Band, Contest ID, and a plaque to hold the ribbons he may acquire throughout each Action Contest. If Lucas recalled correctly, the Guard Band was an interesting function, especially for trainers like himself who isn't able to acquire a Dynamax Band. The receptionist who signed him up had explained that he wouldn't be able to Dynamax, but enable a shield that would protect his Pokemon from Max Moves of Dynamaxed opponents. This also made him curious if Dynamaxing was allowed during an Action Contest.

Pushing that thought to the backburner of his mind, Lucas looked around the clothes in the costume area. The fitting room was bustling with trainer and Pokémon alike as everyone scurried to put on their makeup and costumes before the start of the Action Contest. Being a coordinator of Sinnoh, Lucas already had his clothes ready in his bag. Being lucky in finding a vacant fitting room, Lucas quickly changed into his contest attire and accessorized his Gible as well.

Stepping out of the room, Lucas had a complete new look. The brunette was wearing a red button up paired with a greyish-blue tailed coat that reached his upper thighs. His slacks were the same color as the coat he wore accompanied with simple black shoes and a lighter blue belt to hold his pants up. Lucas had his hands covered in a pair of white gloves and atop his head was a fedora, greyish-blue, with a singular feather, greyish-blue with a singular light blue strip across the center of the feather. If anyone could guess, his attire was referenced off his own Gible, both of which had the same color scheme going on. It was a bit regal of an outfit, especially having platinum white gloves, a tailed-coat, and a whole fedora with a feather, but it's just his fashion choice for the Contest. Gible, on the other hand, had a much simpler attire. It was just a red cape tied around it's body to have a flowing regal look for the Land Shark Pokemon.

Finishing his attire, Lucas found Alito at the Action Contest fitting area too, dressed in a much more simpler attire than both him and Gible. Though there was no judgement indeed as they were all there to showoff their Pokemon to the best of their abilities. His Riolu had on a same fit too, wearing a bandana similar to it's trainer. Looks like a lot of people were doing a matching couple's outfit with their Pokemon. Approaching the trainer, Lucas deciding to strike a conversation as their waiting for the ceremony.

"Hey! I found you here too I guess, haha! Loving the outfits you and Riolu have."

Reggie was pretty amazed that he was her first battle. Even though he won, he did want to find another Pokemon to even the odds the next time they trained against each other. About her constant tiredness, he nodded. He didn't exactly understand, but it must have sucked to constantly fall asleep at inopportune times. She released Drifblim and collapsed once her Drifblim wrapped his arms around her, keeping her upright. He raised an eyebrow at the Rotom Phone, confirming what she said was true and then telling him to take her to the inn. He nodded and beckoned for the Drifblim to follow him.

"Alright, I can do that. Follow me then." He made sure to walk slow, as he wasn't so sure how fast Hermes was. He looked back every now and then to make sure Hermes was right behind him.

The journey to the Budew Drop Inn was pretty quick, considering they were on the same city level as it. He walked inside, making sure to open the door for the Drifblim so he may fit inside. He then walked over to the clerk and asked to get a room for an Athena. The clerk handed Reggie the key and the young man looked at Athena to see if she woke up at all so he can give her the key to her room.

In the distance, he heard the announcements about the Action Contests starting. Widening his eyes, he didn't realize how close it was. He had to heal Emeric and get to the stadium quickly.

@Crystal1302

Rusty, having nothing to do, decided to do the Gym Challenge and Action Contests. He went in and got a Guard Band, and was told that it had the same effect as Max Guard. He didn't actually have a Dynamax Band yet, but he decided he didn't need it yet. He put on a outfit with a orange scarf, red football jersey and blue ripped jeans. Scorbunny had goggles and a small orange scarf. He decided to look around a bit, and he saw Lucas, Alito and Luna already in clothes. "Hey! Nice outfits you have there. Good luck for this thing!"

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Soon enough Daphne made it to the desk as she seemed excited as can be as she already had her Pokedex, ID and all personal information at the ready. Clearly it seemed she had learned a fair bit from her registration for the Galarian League, but she found an interesting impasse once she was asked about whether she had Dynamax or not. This naturally brought confusion to Daphne as she was familiar with the fabled power found only in Galar to this point so she had no way to know just what it is. "Uh, n-no I do not. Was I suppose to get one?"

Thankfully that seemed to not be a case, as instead she'd be told to get Guard Band which would grant her protection against trainers who had Dynamax and give them a fighting chance. This seemed to be an assurance more than anything as she scanned the electronic watch she was handed once that data was entered and thanked the receptionist. Before long she was given the key items she'd need in Contest ID and Medal Plaque as her eyes seemed to shimmer before she was directed to a clothing room where she'd be given a chance to get costumes for herself and her partners.

"Thank you thank you!" Daphne cried out, as she let out Selina the Skitty and Echo the Whismur and made her way to the clothing room where she saw some familiar and not so familiar faces. "Seems your partner is rocking that style~" Daphne said with a smile to the Riolu and Alito while Selina and Echo glanced upon all the trainers in the room.

Last edited:
After looking through some clothes, Luna decided on something simple. She took the outfit to a changing room, where she changed into her costume for the contest. When Luna was finished, she looked like a completely different person. She had a white skirt and sleeveless blouse, and a matching white bow in her long brown hair. She had simple fur boots, which somehow went well with her outfit. Attire was not the only thing that had changed about Luna. Her eyes had a strange excited gleam to them. She was less anxious than she usually was, more relaxed.
For Eevee, Luna decided to give it a matching bow. There weren't many clothing options for Pokemon, so that was the best Luna could do for it.
She found Daphne, Alito, Lucas and an unfamiliar trainer were gathered at the waiting room. "Hello.... I guess almost everyone knows each other here."

Athena's eyes slowly got less heavy as she opened them and looked up from her bed. She was in an unfamiliar location with a relieved Hermes and an expectant looking Pronetheus. "I must have fallen asleep again," she said rubbing her eyes still in a bit of a daze. She noticed that she was a tad sweaty before getting up and changing into some dryer clothes. She picked a Gengar onesie that she picked up a few years ago that she still hadn't grew out of yet. Athena sat back down on the bed and rubbed her eyes. "Please inform me of what happened Prometheus," "Weell, let-zzt see. You met a guy named Reggie, challenged him to a battle, lo-zzt badly and you fell asleep. Herme-zzt here carried you to thizzt hotel" "Oh. I see, do you know where Reggie is now?" she said. "Not reaally. If I had to guezzt he would probably be at Motostoke Zzt-adium! He said something about Action Contezztz! The fir-zzt one of the season start-zzt soon!" Athena nodded and turned on the TV in the hotel room. She turned the TV to the channel where they were saying that the Action contest was gonna start in less than an hour. Athena got back in the bedand sent out the rest of her pokeballs: Thanatos and Iris. The two of them jumped on Athena's bed watching the TV as they all watched excitedly.

After Crystal got settled in her hotel room, Reggie was already running down the street to get to the stadium before it started. When he entered, he saw how packed it was. Thankfully, being nearly last gave him an advantage to quickly get registered and changed before it started. Running up to the register, he told them what he was here for, signed the sheet of paper with his credentials, and received a Guard Band to protect him from Dynamax attacks. He so wished he was able to wear a Dynamax Band soon, but this'll have to do.

Wait.... Were there going to be Dynamax moves being used on them? He shuddered to think about what a Max Darkness attack would do to his Gastly, but he received his Contest ID and a medal plaque containing five inserts for his future medals. He was then shown the costume room, where he looked about for something stylish for him to wear. Gastly was as amorphous as a gaseous ghostly blob could be, so there wasn't much he could have his Gastly wear. Maybe some silk to make his shiny palette pop? He didn't know.

However, he did find something for himself. A white dress shirt with golden buttons and black trim was hanging where the shirts were. Next to it was a matching black dress coat with coattails, flared cuffs with mauve lace, and light blue gilded markings along the bottom hem of the coat. Six golden buttons adorned the jacket with strings on three of the buttons on one side, which were meant to be tied to the buttons on the other side. The strings were mauve like the lace adorning the sleeves' cuffs. The collar even sported a black tie meant to be tied into a bowtie. After grabbing these items, he went over to the pants section and found a durable, yet stylish pair of white pants that became darker as it got closer to the bottom, becoming as black as the jacket. He also found some nice black and simple dress shoes he could wear.

After getting everything on, he found a pair of gloves that were a shade darker than the mauve lace, which fit quite well with his aesthetic. He was going to be the flashiest one there, yes, but could he move? He did a few jumping jacks and ran around with the clothes on. They were fitting, but for more formal events that required minimal movement. This wasn't the clothes he should wear for this kind of think, but he was just going to be showing himself, as well as his Gastly, off to everyone. Might as well make an impression.

He just hoped he wouldn't end up ripping something at the seams. He was usually careful about this stuff, but Reggie wasn't sure if he should be doing this. Still though, he kept the clothes and began looking in the Pokemon section for Gastly's optional clothes. He let his Pokemon out and the two of them began looking for something that could work. Maybe something to show off how elegant he was, so maybe something flowy? He couldn't exactly put him in restrictive clothes, as Gastly didn't have much of a body to wear restrictive clothes. And how was he going to put any of this on? It required concentration to hold something like clasps or anything clothing-wise to his body.

What if he had an effect on him? Like glitter? That would be too much given his shiny palette. Fortunately, he found a token that could be held that created eerie smoke. It did nothing to hide the Pokemon, as it wasn't as thick or dark as Smokescreen and it was so heavy it hovered just above the ground, but it did make Gastly seem rather spooky. But he then found something that was way better than the eerie smoke. It was a black cape. He was able to fit it around the Gastly's body, the clasp that came together fit snug below the Gas Pokemon's mouth and stayed put for the most part. Even as Emeric zipped about and fired off really weak attacks at the ground, he found that he had enough momentum and it made him look rather cool.

With that said and done, Reggie returned his Gastly and went into the lobby to wait for the Action Contest to start.

Alito grinned and got ready, standing up as he waited for the Action Contest would start, which would take some more time as at the front desk the staff were waiting for a little longer wanting to make sure that there was enough time left for anyone who had not yet registered to get the chance. Meanwhile, in the lobby, Nessa walked in with a blue dress on and a Kingler crawling next to her, on her head Nessa was wearing a silver crown.

"Hello everyone, we'll be getting started shortly, we're allowing a little more time before we get started, in the meantime I will let you know what field the Action Contest will be on," Nessa explained as some staff hooked up a large screen for everyone to see. The screen flashed showing a crumbling ancient tower surrounded by a vast ocean, "This field is called Crumbling Hulbury, and it's structure is weak for the most part so use that to your advantage how you please, and you'll be able to swim through the water without the need for oxygen for anyone interested in an underwater performance."

The fairly quiet but fast paced click of cleats echoed around Motostoke for anybody wanting to hear them. The source came from a 15-year old in a bit of a rush at the moment, being Ivory Cashen. She was half walking and half running at the moment, having her Azumarill, Whirly, hopping by her side. She knew she wanted to sign up for one of these Action Contests, and that this could be the first step on her path to becoming famous in the Contest world.

Her half sprint was broken when she reached the area to sign up for said Action Contest. She briefly returned Whirly before receiving her Contest ID and medal plaque, and despite being calm on the outside, on the inside Ivory was positively beaming about this. This would really be her debut in her dream career.

Quickly walking into the dressing room, she felt like just a casual attire would be nice to go with. Ivory removed her typical clothing and found a cyan t-shirt as well as a deeper blue miniskirt, which she thought would go greatly with the fact she was using her loyal Water type for this performance (much to Thorn's unseen annoyance). After finding some pale blue flats, she was finished with herself, but Whirly still needed a little something.

Letting her out of the Pokeball to choose her outfit, Whirly was trying to locate something that she knew Ivory would be happy with, and she certainly found it. A white veil-like cape with a pearl-shaped fastener to it, even having the shine that anybody would mistake for a real pearl. Liking the choice her partner made, Ivory fastened it on for her and the Azumarill let out a happy squeak.

After that was done, Ivory took her accessorised partner to the supposed lobby area, and noticed that they were going over the field for the Action Contest. She felt a bit lucky seeing that it was a primarily water based field, but if she had to swim it would be a little annoying, but hey, she had a living life ring if she needed it. So she didn't mind all too much. So Ivory just quietly took a seat in an empty spot, returning the slightly prideful Whirly to her Pokeball in the process.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Lucas, while waiting with his Gible, was simply lounging around the waiting area, waiting for the cue mark for his turn to occur. To pass the time, Lucas was simply smoothing the wrinkles out of his outfit and Gible's cape, just to look nice appearance wise. Not intentionally trying to be rude or anything, but Lucas was slightly getting impatient. He was itching to perform, it's been a while he performed since the last Grand Festival he had. Apparently, the staff was still opening registrations for any latecomers, which was slightly annoying, but Lucas didn't want to act upon it.

His impatient nature was soon appeased by the entrance of Nessa. She was sporting on a dazzling blue dress and walked beside her Kingler, who looked just as appealing. The Hulbury Gym Leader was there to showcase the Action Contest field. With a flicker of the television screen, the monitor displayed a vast setting. It was fairly simple for a field, consisting of a wide blue ocean. Centralized of that ocean was quite a grandiose tower filled with cracks and hollows, seeming like it could fall apart at any moment.

Crumbling Hulbury was it's name. Lucas assumed Nessa had something to do with envisioning and naming the field as it did give homage to her Gym, both the field and her Gym being Water-themed, and the fact that the name contained Hulbury. The Gym Leader and model gave mention to some interesting bits on the field. The tower is able to fall apart at ease, as Lucas had presumed, but also the application of swimming while being able to breath underwater. This experience is completely different from the contests Lucas was already acquainted to, so he was both slightly nervous and excited.

Rethinking his plan, Lucas sat there, hand held onto the hat and the other playing with the feather attached to it, pondering what his performance could be. Now that the field is much more viable, his performance would not only be limited to his Gible only, but the whole stage and field itself. Might as well try to rethink of something or try something spontaneous when it's his turn to perform with Gible.

The crowd roared with applause when the field had changed to the ruined structure. Suddenly from the water a Milotic shot out with Nessa on its back, Nessa leaped off as her Milotic created three Aqua Rings that it perfectly dove through. Landing gracefully behind Nessa as the rings of water popped into a light mist, creating a brief rainbow over the two.

"Hello everyone!" Nessa called out as a group of Rotom Drones began circling the arena with their cameras on Nessa. "I hope you're all doing good, we're excited to have you all here, as you know I'm Nessa, the current Top Action Coordinator!" Nessa declared as the crowd screamed with applause. "We have an exciting show for you today, the first Action Contest of the year!" Nessa declared as the crowd cheered even louder, "The winner of this Action Contest will receive the Motostoke Medal!" Nessa held her hand up high showing off an impressive silver medal that was engraved with the design of the ruined castle. "Now I won't keep you waiting any longer! Let's kick things off with our first act! Alito from Stow-on-Side!" Nessa announced as she returned Milotic, jumping off a nearby ledge as a Pelipper swooped in to catch her.

Alito grinned as he slid up from a platform and grinned. "Riolu get going! HYAH!" Alito shouted as he threw Riolu's Pokeball, sending out the small aura Pokemon. "Let's kick off this performance right! Riolu Work Up!" Riolu nodded as in began running in place, kicking up a large amount of dust before blowing the dust away with a new red aura that surrounded it. "Now to the pillars!" Alito smiled, pointing to some broken pillars that were sticking out of the water. Riolu nodded and ran to them, swiftly jumping from each pillar in quick succession.

Alito ran alongside Riolu, grabbing small rocks and throwing them at Riolu. Riolu didn't miss a beat, using its increased strength to shatter the rocks with a kick or punch. Alito smiled, grabbing a larger rock, "Show them you're Circle Throw!" Alito shouted, grabbing a bigger rock and throwing it at Riolu. Riolu jumped, grabbing the rock and spinning in the air with it before pushing off, sending the rock smashing into the pillar. "And finally Force Palm!" Alito called out, grabbing a stone and throwing another bigger rock at Riolu. The small aura Pokemon held out it's hand however nothing happened and Riolu was hit hard by the rock. Riolu flew back for a moment before quickly coming back. gabbing a crack in the pillar and stopping itself, using Quick Attack to climb back up, jumping and landing next to Alito. Alito knelt down, grabbing Riolu as he stepped back to the hidden elevator, going down, as the next coordinator would be called on.

And it was his turn.

Rubbing down his white dress shirt and the matching black 'coattailed' dress coat, he inspected his golden buttons and the trim of his ensemble to make sure nothing was wrong. He pulled his mauve gloves taut and inspected his white-to-black gradient pants and black dress shoes to see if there was anything amiss. While the oceanic field gave him some doubts as to whether or not she should perform with these clothes, he was still sticking with it. He even fixed up his dapper black bow-tie before looking over his PokeBall. He felt the ball wobble a little in his hands, as if reassuring him that he can do this.

Despite loving the spotlight from the sip he had gotten from his time on the field, he still felt rather nervous. He looked up to see Nessa and Alito performing back-to-back, and now it was his turn. Sighing, Reggie ran up to the elevator to be taken to the stadium. He walked through and found himself on a pillar, with multiple pillars standing upright or slanting in every which way that led to the magnum opus itself - the tower in the middle.

Reggie looked around to hear screams of delight from everyone around him. This was what he was meant for. This was his time to shine. Smirking, he waved his hands and bowed to the crowd before calmly pointing his PokeBall in the air. A flash of blue emitted above him, releasing the glittery form of his Gastly, the cape flowing out behind him as the smoke helped to make the cape billow naturally. The evening sun made the glittering form of the blue gaseous body more brilliant to behold in Reggie's eyes. Gastly sent down his smoke towards Reggie, who held out his arms to behold the glittery blue smoke that soon enveloped him in two large columns spiraling around him.

Holding out his hands above him, the Gastly dropped down gracefully before landing on his master's cupped hands, where he was then placed in front of Reggie's face. "I know we can do well, Emeric. Don't worry." The Gastly gleamed happily at his whispered encouragement. Of course he knew they could do well, but it was Reggie he was more worried about. Louder, Reggie spoke to his Gastly. "Dazzle the audience, my dear friend." Reggie then blew away his Gastly, the Ghost/Poison-Type being flung towards the tower in the middle of the ocean. Reggie then chased after his friend by hopping between pillars and broken pieces of rubble suspended above the waters. Once he got near the tower, he dove into the ocean, swimming by twirling gracefully down until he got to a door at the bottom. While he knew he didn't have to worry about holding his breath underwater, he still felt like he should.

As soon as he entered the tower and began climbing the submerged rooms, the cracks within the tower began to sparkle with dazzling light before a shadowy mist seeped from the windows and cracks. From the top, the ceiling cracked open to a large Dazzling Gleam, the light of which originated from the Gastly's body as he flew out of the tower. Then the spherical light ducked back in as Reggie emerged from the water-filled rooms and climbed to the top of the tower. His clothes were now soaked, but that didn't matter right now. He met his Gastly inside the tower and they both shared mischievous grins. Understanding what must happen, Emeric shot forth a volley of Shadow Balls that slowed their trajectory, stopping short in the air. Then, Reggie took a deep breath as Emeric's gases connected to his limbs like strings, and the blue hypnotic of the gaze of the Gastly put Reggie to sleep.

Or, at least "sleep". In fact, Reggie was allowing himself to be controlled by his Gastly, who acted like a ventriloquist as Reggie was being "forced" to jump off the tower that now crumbled underneath him by Emeric's another use of Dazzling Gleam, the tower crumbling in debris and shadow-filled smoke. Reggie landed on a Shadow Ball, the ball exploding and propelling the controlled human to the next one. And then the next one. Every time the Shadow Balls exploded, the controlled figure and Gastly would shine brightly, but not bright enough where people can't stop looking. Then, Reggie regained consciousness as Gastly was making him do a somersault, which he completed and landed perfectly on his feet, thankful that Emeric's control of him allowed him to almost "float" through the air like a feather.

Showcasing trust and skill on both ends, Reggie felt like he accomplished something. While his clothes were wet and he should have changed into something else, there was a big smile on his face and he bowed to the stadium-goers, his Gastly doing the same.

"Thank you for witnessing my dazzling show!" With that send off, Reggie held his Gastly chest-high, who covered the two of them in his glittery blue gas before shining brightly with another use of Dazzling Gleam. The light lingered, covering the door and where they stood with fairy-filled rainbow-colored lights. Once the light disappeared, the two of them had disappeared down the elevator, leaving the show as if they had just disappeared out of sight.

Reggie and his Gastly went back to the lobby and hugged each other, clearly excited with what they have done. "That was amazing, Emeric! I don't care if we win! That was truly spectacular!" Emeric screeched with glee before the two of them sat near a heater, allowing Reggie's clothes (and hair) to dry up before he had to put them away. Meanwhile, he watched whoever was on the monitor next.

Last edited:
It was a bit of a stressful experience in Ivory's eyes, since she was the next coordinator called up. She knew that this was gonna be the start of something big, so Ivory brushed away her worries and got inside the elevator to the stadium with a fairly confident grin on her face. Once she stepped out of it and was actually on the field, confidence washed over her as if a Blastoise had used Rain Dance. With the reminder of water types, Ivory tossed her pokeball into the air with a proud shout.
"Come out Azumarill, the spotlights on us!"

Shortly after that was said, a burst of light came from above Ivory and Whirly performed two flips in the air with the pearl on her cape shining brightly before landing next to her trainer. Deciding to use the rocky, crumbled surroundings to an advantage, Ivory called out her first real command of this action season. "Okay, let's start things off simply. Dive into the water and use Double-Edge!"

Listening intently, the bubbly Azumarill hopped in as expected , and started to swim around the surroundings at a breakneck speed, a white aura glowing around her body which kept her visible. Ivory ran and followed Whirly's path of choice, being surprisingly careful despite the speed she was going at. Getting an jdea on what to do next, Ivory shouted out a plan. "OK, that's great! Now start jumping out of the water with Aqua Tail!"

Whirly caught on to this quickly, and cast energy into her tail before starting to occasionally leap out of the waves, and the power of Aqua Tail left the Double-Edge aura have a more aquatic aura to it in general. Ivory was just having an excellent time now, but decided to finish this in a strategy that was close to home.

"Lets finish this thing! Stonecutter Smack!"

There was confusion at the calling of this 'move' but Ivory knew what she was doing here. Whirly summoned some rocks with a Rock Tomb and tossed them ahead, before ramming into them with her charged up Double-Edge, destroying the rocks in a sparkle of passion. With that, the Azumarill swam back over to Ivory, and the two have a nearly synchronised wave to the crowd (plus Whirly briefly using Attract) before returning to the elevator.

"Wow....we just did that. Like, I'm surprised I wasnt scared, because Contests back in Hoenn are way smaller than this. But I guess it was because I was having a good time with you, huh?" Ivory asked, carefully ruffling her partners' ears.

"Azu! Azumaii... (Yeah! That s gotta be it....)" Whirly responded before being returned to her Pokeball. Mainly because Ivory didn't know if she was allowed to have her out now that she had performed. But either way, this was the start of something excellent.....no, something special. And Ivory's whole team could feel it.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
All right it was showtime. Daphne had finished styling out her attire for the evening and made sure to ensure each aspect of her performance would be as eye catching as possible; as such she opted to wear a violet dress as her hair had been tied with a golden braid which was further complimented by a pair of diamond-laced white gloves and matching colored knee high socks and a pair of black dance shoes. The attire was appealing but she had made a point to ensure she could move as freely as possible given the nature of this more active brand of Contest.

With a wave to the capacity crowd, she had made her way to the platform and pulled out her own Pokeball. "All right Selina time to steal the show~!" Daphne called out as she tossed her Pokeball into the air and a colorful release soon followed as several shining stars shot out which created a colorful backdrop as the Skitty Selina seemed to flip in the air before she landed on the platform with an emphatic yet energetic cry. "Skitty!" (Let's do this!)

"Alright Selina first to the tower, set the scene with Attract!" Daphne called out as both Coordinator and Pokemon dashed from the platform to the broken tower around them and it seemed Daphne had an idea to make use of it as well. Her partner raced ahead of course, and had already begun to strike a series of adorable flips showcasing her cuteness to the judges and crowd while large pink hearts began to be materialized by the Skitty as they moved all about the castle seemingly floating in place as Daphne position herself at the center as she eyed the rocks around her. Cracked walls, some debris from the other Coordinators before her....perfect.

"Excellent now Selina from the outside send the rocks flying with Disarming Voice!" Daphne called out and Selina understood right away as she moved to an outside wall once all the hearts had been in position within what was left of the interior as she sucked in her air and had began to let out a call. A powerful, enchantingly beautiful call as the fairy winds carried a pink stream from the Skitty's lips towards the worn down walls and rocks of the castle. And it packed a punch, as the Disarming Voice struck and smashed whatever was in its way but had done so beyond just the spectacle.

As the debris had been knocked into the air Selina had been sure to make it so they flew in a precise direction best she could manage as they would sail in the air and slam into the various pink hearts that had been set up with the Attract earlier and on contact the hearts seemed to explode into a colorful display as pink clouds would form as each heart exploded one after another which had created a spectacular light show for all watching. A fireworks display to wow the crowd but that had not been all there was to it.

Daphne during all of this had been dancing at the heart of the castle, as the debris of the destroyed bits of the castle mixed with the exploding hearts as a sort of pink glow rained down while she spun in place which seemed to add an enchanting quality to her performance and as she finished up Selina landed on her head as both struck a pose and took a bow before the crowd.

Daphne and Selina smiled, satisfied with their performance as she returned her partner and moved to the waiting area as she allowed the next contender to take their turn to the stage.

Last edited:

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
All the performers were spectacular, as they were able to use the field to their advantage in multiple ways. Lucas was blessed that he wasn't the first to go, but now seeing all the other coordinators set the stage, Lucas had an idea in mind on what to do with the field. With a call of his number, Lucas quickly returned Gible to it's Pokeball before following the stage director out to where he would step on stage. As soon as the MC had called his name, Lucas rushed on stage and stood in front of the audience. More than the audience, Lucas stood upon the crumbling tower and oceanic, which appeared more grandiose than it seemed on screen. It slightly deterred Lucas, but it wasn't going to halt his performance.

"Gible, all eyes are on you!"

Lucas threw the Pokemon into the air, aiming towards the peak of the collapsing tower. With the seal on the Pokeball, Gible was released with a dusty sandstorm that immediately filled the entire field with a sandy barrage momentarily. Due to Gible's Sand Veil ability, the audience wasn't able to see where the Land Shark had appeared. With a quick call of it's name, all eyes landed on it as everyone sees Gible landed on the cliff of the tower with a handstand dangerously close to the edge. Meanwhile, a pathway with debris was poking out of the water, so Lucas started making his way across the ocean towards the crumbling tower. As soon as the mini sandstorm dissipated, Gible flipped off the tower to dive right into the water.

"Now Gible, use Dragon Pulse!"

Gible turned itself around in midair and to fire the Dragon Pulse backwards. Gible focused it's Dragon Pulse into one area to condense it's energy, and soon released the Dragon Pulse. The released energy propelled Gible into the water at a much faster rate. Meanwhile, left in midair was a particle ring, almost like a halo, the same translucent colors of a Dragon pulse. The ring lowly expanded and got wider in diameter before slowly disappearing with lingering particle effects. Gible had done a front flip midair before gracefully diving into the ocean. With a fast recovery, Gible began swimming around the water, with it's head fin peaking out of the water, imitating and looking like a Sharpedo's fin slicing through the waves of the ocean.

Meanwhile, Lucas finished stepping on each pillar peaking out of the water and made it towards the tower. Seeing there's no definitive entry point, presumably it being underwater, Lucas found a small window opening for himself to jump through. With a clean dive through the window, Lucas landed one fit and knee, kneeling to soften his landing. While climbing up to the peak of the tower with the luck of some stairs in the interior, Lucas called out his next move for Gible. At the same time, when Lucas had the opportunity, he pushed down some wall debris at the peak of the tower over to where Gible was swimming.

"Now Gible, show off your teeth and use Bite!"

Gible dove deep underwater, his shark fin disappearing from the surface of the water. Swimming back up with the gained momentum of diving deeper, Gible broke the surface tension and showed off his glistening teeth to the audience before chomping onto the chunk of wall Lucas gave him. Although it wasn't very pretty and lustrous, Lucas used this opportunity to show off Gible's strength and greatest features his shark fin and teeth. Debris after debris, Gible dove down and swam up out of the water and consistently used Bite to break off the chunks of pillars and walls into rubble.

"Now Gible, now a Sandstorm!"

It was risky, but Lucas went for it. he had full trust in Gible. From the highest point of the tower, Lucas jumped off, head first into water at an extremely high height. Gible summoned a sand tornado from it's maw and focused it so that it doesn't become a weather and terrain effect, but more so a concentrated power. The Land Shark manipulated and aimed it towards its trainer, with Lucas landing right into the eye of the tornado. Clsoing his eyes to avoid sand getting in his vision, Lucas manipulated his body with some quick and easy aerobics. It was hard to see for the audience due to al the sand covering Lucas's midair act, but that didn't matter. His Pokemon was the star, not himself. Soon Lucas felt a his feet touching a stone pillar peaking out of the water, which cued him for a safe landing. Gible then climbed atop of Lucas's head to aim it's maw right into the eye of the tornado.

"Finish with another Dragon Pulse!"

Prismatic blue, red, and purple shot out of Gible's maw as a singular beam straight through the center of the tornado. The Dragon Pulse soon spread out and formed into a dragon with wings that broke apart the Sandstorm with it's wings. The moment the Sandstorm dissipated, the Dragon Pulse dragonic figure disappeared with a flash into glitter particles. With the sand and glitter particles glittering down upon them, Lucas and Gible bowed to signify the ending of their performance.

With the audience cheering and applauding them, Lucas cued that as his time to get off the stage. He gave Gible a quick rub on his head and congratulated it on doing so well and working so hard. They made their way back into the waiting room to watch who would be performing after him. Not to toot his own horn, but his performance was definitely one that Lucas was proudest throughout his contest journey by far.