• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Galarian Star Journey

Sign Up: https://pokecharms.com/threads/galarian-star-journey-sign-up-discussion.24288/#post-894463

Alito stepped into Motostoke, the site of the Galar League Opening Ceremonies. The skies were fairly clear with the open air and some steam clouds from the surrounding factories. Alito smiled as he was standing alongside his trusted partner Riolu, the first Pokemon he had received from his parents back in Stow-on-Side. Alito firmly held the Letter of Endorsement from Bea, the Fighting-Type Gym Leader. Alito pulled out his Rotom Phone, he checked the time seeing that the opening ceremonies would not be for another two hours or so.

"What are we going to do until then," Alito sighed, leaning his head back and staring up into the sky, "Sure is a nice sunny day we're having huh?" he grinned. Riolu smiled back, equally happy at the shimmering ball of light in the sky. The rays were nice and warm, reminding Alito of his hometown. Alito grinned and looked down to Riolu, "Let's take a look around and see if there's any good food!" he smiled.

"Passengers, we are now approximately five minutes away from reaching our destination at Motostoke Station. Please pack all of your belongings, and we hope you enjoy your time in the Galar region."

A man packed away his magazine and noticed that a young lady sitting beside her was basically passed out right next to her. If he remembered correctly, the woman fell asleep less than a minute after the train left from the Sinnoh Region. "Umm, miss? The train is stopping soon" he said while tapping her shoulder. Athena yawned and flipped up her Gengar themed sleep mask. "Thank you." she said as she adjusted her neck pillow. She pulled it off and placed it in her backpack under her seat. Soon afterward the train stopped as she walked out of the train and landed in Motostoke. She stepped off and walked over to the video calling area in the station. She dialed Professor Rowan's number and held the phone up to her head. He picked up after two rings. "Hello, Ms. Skye. I see you've made it to the Galar Region in one piece." "Yes, I have professor. Once again, I thank you for this exceptional opportunity. I can't wait to explore the Galar Region" "It certainly is an interesting one. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time there." "Yes, as a matter of fact, one of the first Galarian forms I plan on obtaining just so happens to be located in the route to the left of Motostoke." "Good for you. You've certainly planned for this trip well. One thing I'd like to ask is that you visit Wedgehurst. I've contacted Professor Magnolia and has agreed to update your Rotom Phone to have the Galarian Pokedex which will definitely be very helpful." "Ah, I knew one thing must have slipped my mind. Thank you professor. Where would I be if not for you." "Oh don't sell yourself short. Have fun, and give me a call if you need anything." "Thank you, professor. Goodbye."

Athena hung up the phone and walked out of the station. As she walked through the town, her stomach grumbled. It made sense, she was on the train for a while and she didn't eat anything since she spent all of the ride sleeping. "Ahh, where to eat where to eat..." she said walking with her travel pack.

Last edited:

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
Tristan leaned on the cafe with a soda in his hands, he was quite bored, Allister was taking Gym Challenges all day, and Tristan had nothing to do, he sighed to himself. His Pokemon looked up him, Tristan smiled at the and gave them some snacks. They devoured the snacks in a few seconds.

After looking around for a bit, Athena's attention was drawn by the Battle Cafe. Multiple trainers have gathered around and she saw the occasional Milcery that helped out the workers. "Well, I guess this place will work out," Athena walked inside, got a table. She dug a Pokeball out and sent out her main and only pokemon. "Driif-bliiim" said the Drifblim as she floated up and landed on the opposing chair in front of Athena (OOC: Fun Fact, Drifblim is only 3'11") before copying one of Athena's signature yawns. "I know you are nocturnal, but you'll need an energy boost. I'm planning on getting my first Galarian Form today and your assistance to me will be vital," said Athena as she got a menu. She looked down at it and something immediately caught her eye, an Old Gateau. She had only had the dessert one other time when her and Professor Rowan were asked for help in taking care of a Rotom wreaking havoc inside the Old Chateau. She was eventually able to subdue it, and that Rotom now resides within the Rotom Phone she was fiddling. She ordered two slices of Old Gateau with a cup of Royal Milk Tea for Athena and a Berry Juice for Drifblim. The food was served and they both dug in. The cake was just as good as they both remembered and on the phone there was a news bulliten talking about how the Galar League opening ceremony was in a few hours. She thought about maybe stopping by later. Sure she wasn't gonna join, but it would be handy to have a traveling partner. From her research, the optimal path to having catching one of every Galarian form. She sipped away at her milk tea while she kept staring at her rotom phone lost in thought.

Last edited:
Alito was walking through the streets with Riolu, pausing as he looked up at a large screen playing near the Battle Cafe. Looking up Alito watched as the popular Gym Leader Nessa from Hulbury was moving around a large pool of water, riding a Milotic as her opponent rode on a Sharpedo. Sharpedo shot out of the water and launched a powerful Hydro Pump at Nessa as the rider stood straight up with a perfect balance. Nessa gave a small signal to her Milotic, as it jumped out of the water, Nessa propelled herself off, flipping backward over the Hydro Pump before giving an order to Milotic to use Mirror Coat. Milotic shimmered with a bright light which repelled the attack back at Sharpedo, knocking the rider off as Nessa gave a perfect dive into the water. As the time limit ran out the audience cheered for Nessa as she swam to her Milotic. Marian, the host of the contest stepped forward excitedly.

"Wow! Let's give a big round of applause to Nessa for that extravagant display of beauty and strength!" Marian exclaimed, "What an excellent display match by a former Action Contest Champion!" The crowd roared with applause as Nessa and her Milotic waved to everyone, the screen faded with a message reading, "JOIN ACTION CONTESTS AND BECOME A CHAMPION LIKE NESSA!" as a picture of Nessa posing next to a Milotic and Drednaw was off to the side.

"Action Contests seem cool," Alito smiled, "But we're all about Gym Battles and taking Leon's title right?" Alito grinned, Riolu nodded, jumping up and giving Alito a fist bump. The duo turned and stepped into the Battle Cafe, seeing the Milcery floating around and helping out the cafe workers. Riolu paused for a moment and turned, seeing Athena's Driftblim floating at a table. Riolu ran over and stared at the Pokemon intrigued by how strong it looked. Alito ran over quickly, "Riolu, it's not polite to stare!" he panicked, "Sorry about that!" Alito apologized to the girl on her Rotom Phone.

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
Tristan's Mimikyu was curious and followed Alito and his Riolu, it was a only matter of time before Tristan noticed Mimikyu following Alito, and rushed over to Mimikyu, "I told you to stop following people," Tristan said gruffly, he glanced at Allito and recongnized him from somewhere, "Hey aren't you the fighting gym leaders, kid," he said.

"Oh no," Alito shook his head politely as Riolu curiously looked at Mimikyu, walking around the Pokemon curiously, "I'm a former Fighting Gym Trainer though," Alito pulled out his bag, kneeling down with it. Alito slowly unzipped his bag, revealing a well-worn uniform with the Fighting-Type logo, above it was the number 396. Alito quickly stuffed the uniform away and threw the bag back over his back as he stood up, Alito took a moment before realizing, "Hey you're Alistar's cousin right? What was your name?..." Alito paused rubbing his temple slowly, "Trevor!" Alito guessed.

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
Tristan chuckled "Close, but not exactly I'm Tristan, and you're right I'm his cousin, he took out his ghost type unform with the number 290, on it. Tristan put it away, "Anyway sorry to bother you, Mimikyu wanders like that all the time," said Tristan. Mimikyu loked at the Riolu and started heading towards it.

Trevor James was on the train from Wyndon to Motostoke. He looked out the window taking in the scenery. “It’s a lot different than Kalos. Much more industrial from what I’ve heard. And it’s not that far away from home either.” He looked at his blue Pokémon with clouds as wings. “Cloud, we’ll find many friends here. So, don’t worry about not finding any other friends other than Spark.” He continued to look out the window.

We will be arriving in Motostoke shortly. Please don’t get out of your seat until we stop. Trevor nodded in understandment knowing that it would be wise to do what they said.

After what felt like forever to Trevor, he arrived at Motostoke. “So this must be the super industrial place that I heard about.” He was in awe. “There’s so many gears connecting power to the city, I suppose.” He walked around Motostoke very casually. “Well, I think it’s time to get ready for the Gym Challenge.” He stopped to think. I wonder how it works around here. Cloud, the Swablu, eventually sat on his head to take a rest.

Luna stepped out of the train, a small Eevee at her side. The station was crowded with all kinds of people and Pokemon. As she exited the station, one thought came into her head: "Now.... Where is the Budew inn?"
The city was probably bigger than a Wailord, and would be very confusing. She decided to look for the inn in the lower level of the city. After wandering for a few minutes, instead of finding the Budew Inn, she came upon a café packed with trainers.
"Great." she thought, "I'm already lost after 10 minutes here."
Since she had had nothing to eat during the train ride, she decided to grab some food. As she entered the café, the smell of something baking wafted in the air. The café was packed with trainers, all of them chatting or enjoying their food. Her Eevee seemed intimidated by all the Pokemon, and walked closer to Luna.
A man at the counter greeted her, "Hello, welcome to the Battle Cafe! You can battle here once a day, and you'll get free desert if you win. Would you like to order?"
Luna considered this. Even though she wasn't into battling, free food sounded pretty nice.
She reached for a Pokeball, and summoned Swirlix out of its ball.

"Swirlix, use Flamethrower!" The cotton candy Pokemon spit fire at the opposing Combee, who barely dodged the scorching flames.
Swirlix was then knocked off its feet when the Combee sent a gust of wind at it. Sylvi panicked. She could trick the Combee, but she didn't know if it would work.
Swirlix then started pretending to cry Fake Tears. Combee seemed confused for a second, and momentarily let down its guard.
"Flamethrower, now!" This time, Combee wasn't so fortunate. It got a blast of fire right in its faces, causing it to faint.
"Congratulations." The café master told her. He dropped a few small candies into her hand. The tiny candies looked like Oran berries, and were no bigger than a Cutiefly. She decided she would eat them later, and put them in her bag. Luna ordered two Big Malasadas, two Moomoo milk and a Whipped Dream for her Swirlix, and sat down with Eevee at a nearby table. While she and Eevee ate their Malasadas, she eyed three trainers at a nearby table. They all seemed to be gym challengers, one with a Mimikyu, another accompanied by Drifblim and the other with a Riolu. Probably gym challengers. Since Luna's only goal was to be in the Action contests, those trainers would have nothing to do with her. She headed out as she when she finished her food. After she was out of the café, someone in a hurry bumped into her. They briefly apologized then started running again. Luna noticed a paper that the person must have dropped. She picked it up and yelled, "You dropped this-!" but the person was already gone.

Athena looked up from her phone to find two trainers. One of the trainers had a Riolu who seemed to be very interested in Hermes. The second trainer, who was named Tristan, had a Mimikyu who seemed ro be very interested in the Riolu. "Oh, it's fine. I highly doubt Hermes minded at all, Right Hermes?" She said looking at her Drifblim. The Drifblim barely even noticed the Riolu staring intently at it. "By the way my name is Athena. Athena Skye. From the sound of it you are planning on taking part in the Gym Challenge. If so then I wish you the best of luck. If the champion of Galar is anything like the champion of my home region, then I'm afraid you'll need it." She said with a bit of a chuckle to herself as she finished off the last of her tea.

Over at the Pokemon Center in Motostoke, Donald calmly walked out of the doors while he waved at Nurse Joy, it seemed he just finished getting his Pokemon healed up after a long and tiring journey, but there was one more thing he wanted to do while he was here; Get his trainer number... although he had some time to kill before then. Just before he could take another step, a strange light emerged and poured out from his trouser pockets which formed in to a Drizzile, the Water type Pokemon looked up at Donald with a smile. "Lemmie guess, you wanna walk with me so we can get something to eat?" He asked before Drizzile nodded. "Alright then, let's get a move on." Donald said more eagerly and spun a few times before he walked with his Pokemon to find a cafe.

After a nice little walk, they stumbled upon a place known as the 'Battle Cafe.' While Donald liked the idea of such a place and didn't mind a battle, his main intentions now were for he and his Pokemon to relax and eat. Drizzile went on ahead and opened the door while Donald walked inside only to be followed by said Pokemon, the two went to find a nearby table and sit down, he reached in to his pockets and let out two more Poke balls. From one of the Poke balls was a Corvisquire who immediately darted his head to get a good look at his surroundings while the other one had a Toxel who sat at the table like a toddler. "Alright guys, who's hungry?" Donald asked his team before the all let out happy cries... Toxel was a bit louder than they expected.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
"Folks, would you look at that; Hurbury's very own Water Gym Leader, Nessa, is riding on her Milotic gracefully across the body of water. Look at how smoothely Milotic is cutting through the water and how Nessa is demonstrating perfect coordination with his partner. But what is this?! Sharpedo shoots a powerful Hydro Pump at the duo, with it's trainer standing perfectly balanced despite the propulsion of that geyser!"

Lucas, sitting on the outskirts of the Battle Cafe, watched on the publicly televised screen of the exhibition match of the Action Contest. Lucas' back was hunched over the bench, it complete focus on the match. Nessa elegantly flipped off Milotic just as Milotic used a Mirror Coat. The Tender Pokemon's skin glowed a glistening prismatic of colors before seemingly absorbing the attack. As with every counter moves goes, the Hydro Pump is reflected back towards their opponent, not only hitting the Sharpedo directly and knocking off it's trainer, but allowing Nessa to make a beautiful swan dive into the pool with a radiant hue as her background.

With the screen soon showcasing a faded screen with a message inviting other trainers to partake in Action Contests. Lucas finally broke free from his trance and gazed down at his Gible. The Land Shark Pokemon seemed energized and fired up. It was throwing midair punches towards a nearby tree and spewed a small Dragon Pulse in a form of a small sparkle to show off the essence of Dragon-Types. Gible gazed towards it's trainer seemingly proud of it's small combo. Lucas smiled at Gible and picked him up just to admire his partner.

"That was great Gible! Keep that up, then we can make it all the way to the end this time around! Action Contests is our calling, I can feel it in my gut."

"That was quite the impressive spectacle you put on there. I'm surprised a strong-headed Pokemon like Gible would be interested in Contests."

A random voice appeared behind Lucas, though oh-so familiar. Turning around, Lucas could immediately recognize the icon standing behind him. Of course he would, he just watched her do her exhibition match on television. Nessa stood there, small polite claps were given for his Gible's performance. The model looked better than what he saw televised, and he couldn't help but stare at the stunning model before he snapped himself out of the trance.

"Oh! Nessa, it such an honor to meet you. And, uh, yeah, Gible has always been a great battler. And I've always enjoyed performing. So we just combined both of our interests and participated in Contests! We started in Sinnoh and now we're here!"

"Is that so...can you demonstrate some more for me?"

Lucas was taken aback, seeing how a whole Gym Leader and Action Coordinator, not to mention celerity icon, would take interest on him and his Gible. Of course, he's not going to decline, but it's a little embarrassing to have a greatly experienced trainer watch him perform. Not to say he isn't experienced, but compared to Nessa and her Pokemon, Lucas is a complete amateur.

"Oh, umm, sure! I mean, why not right?"

The male trainer put down his Gible gently and moved a few feet away from the Battle Cafe to avoid any potential damages. Standing on more a gravelly and dusty pathway and aiming towards the tree Gible was fantasy fighting prior. Nessa stood on the side, eyeing down both Gible and him, making Lucas a bit more nervous to showoff.

"Gible, start off with Metal Claw followed with a Dragon Pulse!"

The Land Shark, following the commands, sharpened his claws to activate his Metal Claw. Though short and stubble, the Metal Claw allowed Gible's claw to glow an iridescent white, almost blinding. While Metal Claw was active, prismatic essence spewed out of the Land Shark's mouth and dripped onto the shining Metal Claw. Gible's claw seemingly absorbed the draconic essence and the hue soon glowed from white to a eerie purple and blue.

"Now Gible, use the newly made Dragon Claw to attack that tree!"

With their newly created Dragon Claw, Gible ran up towards the trunk of the tree and slashed away at the tree, leaving crisscross gashes on the mark. Within the remnants of the gashes, the gaps glowed the same hue from the powerful, but prismatic Dragon Pulse from before. A clap resonated from behind Lucas, seeing Nessa clap for their performance once again, but this time a small smile or smirk etched on the model's face.

"It's clear that you two definitely have the knack for Action Contests. But I sense that Gible may want something more, perhaps he's fitching for more battles and stronger opponents?"

"Hm? What do you mean by-"

A loud crash interrupted Lucas mid-speech. The trainer slowly turned around seeing that the whole tree had fallen down, with multiple gashes etched onto the bark with the same Dragon Pulse hue emitting from it. Atop the fallen trunk was Gible clearly proud for knocking over the tree while doing some attempts at musclemen poses.

"Don't mind the fallen tree, I can pay for it after talking to Motostoke's Gym Leader, but what I want to talk about now is you and your Gible."

"Huh? What about us?"

"Like I said before, you two clearly have the knack for contests, but Gible looks like he really adores battling. So I have a proposition for you. Why don't you join in taking part of the Gym Challenges?"

Lucas' eyes stayed blank, unsure of what to make out of this ordeal. He wanted participate in contests to become a popular figure head like many others. He's much more confident with his performance aspect rather than his battling technique, so he wasn't quite willing to attempt a whole League.

"I don't know Miss Nessa. My goal is to become a popular icon that everyone can find happiness in and enjoy something when they watch me perform. But I don't think I have the proper skills for battling to even make it far. People wouldn't want to enjoy watching someone lose all the time."

"Well, I don't want to invalidate your feelings of course, but how about if I put it this way. Pokemon Contests still require some battling between Pokemon and trainers, and this way, you can use these challenges to hone your skills in battling with Gible. And not only that, I'm pretty sure you said you dreamt of being some sort of icon for others to look up to? Well, I'm not sure if you know but the Galar Pokemon League is pretty much world-renowned so all eyes will be on you. From there, you'd be able to showcase your performative techniques while battling other trainers, that way you'll be able to make a name for yourself. You can still do Action Contests, but I want to highly encourage you to take part of League, not only for yourself, but for your Pokemon to enjoy too."

Lucas thought about it for a bit. It did seem that Gible is much more prone to battling that showcases, even if the Land Shark Pokemon still enjoyed contests. It could be a way to make a name for himself and train for battles in Pokemon Contests. In all honesty, the pros do outweigh the cons at this point. The only loss he would most likely gain would be embarrassment for losing at battles. His dignity is still on the line after all.

"How about this...um, sorry I don't think I recall your name."

"Oh! I'm sorry about that. I'm Lucas from Sinnoh's Hearthome City with my partner Gible."

"Ah, Lucas...How about an offer? I will endorse you to participate in the Pokemon League, you don't have to accept it and join, but I will still leave a Letter of Endorsement with you and you can think about it."

The Water Gym Leader quickly took out a small piece of paper that seemed official from seemingly out of nowhere and inscribed some words onto the parchment. Handing it over to Lucas, he quickly skimmed over the piece of paper, reading his name and his endorser, Nessa. At the way bottom, Nessa's insignia and the Hurbury Gym's official logo was clearly stamped.

"Hang on to that, and think about it. You don't have that much time, but I highly urge you to participate! I hope to see you soon Lucas, both you and your Gible."

Leaving Lucas and Gible behind, Nessa started walking towards the Motostoke Stadium, leaving Lucas to his own though; whether or not he should sign up for the Galarian Pokemon League or stay with Action Contests only.

Last edited:
Trevor was left wandering Motostoke. He walked right in front of the purple platform that goes from the lower level to the upper level. He looked to his left and saw the Motostoke Stadium. “So this is what the gyms look like. Well, time to go and get signed up for the Gym Challenge.”

Trevor entered the building and walked up to the staff member that was registering other people. “Hello, good sir. I would like to sign up for the Gym Challenge.” The staff member looked at him. “Do you have an Endorsement Letter?” Trevor’s face dropped. “A what?” “Endorsement Letter. You need them to take part.” Trevor felt his whole body sank at what he just heard. How had I not known that?! Stupid, stupid Trevor! He looked up. “How do I get endorsed?” “Well, someone of importance of the Galar region needs to endorse you. If you can’t get one by the time the ceremony starts, I’m afraid you’ll have to sit out this year.” Trevor started pacing back and forth, which woke up Cloud.

The doors to the left of Trevor opened up, and coming out of them was a man that wore some attire that looked like fire. “What is all this commotion?” He looked over at Trevor. “Who is that right there?” He then quickly looked at the staff member. “A kid who wants to take part in the Gym Challenge. But, he doesn’t have an endorsement.” The man put his thumb and pointer finger on his chin like he was thinking of something. “I’ll endorse him.” He looked at Trevor and the Swablu flying around his head. “He looks strong enough to take part.” He walked up to Trevor and handed him a letter. “Here you go. What’s your name?” “Trevor, sir. Trevor James.” “I see. Well, I hope to see you enter.” And with that the man left Trevor with an Endorsement Letter.

Athena paid for her food and walked out of the cafe as it was getting slightly too crowded for her. She ventured west onto Route 3 and looked through the grass. Hermes was following behind her floating up a little high to get a better view. "Now where to find one." She said as she was walking through the tall grass. She found a Stunky and a few pokemon she didn't recognize. One had a bamboo leaf stick halfway out of her mouth that she got a neat picture of. After a bit she rested on a nearby rock. "Who knew that finding a Galarian Zigzagoon would be so difficult? From my research I figured they would be much more common. Hermes, have you spotted anything?" She said to her Balloon companion. "Drif-bliim" he said shaking his head as he floated down to Athena. "It's all right. We'll find one eventually." She said as she pulled out a bottle of water. As she drank it and placed it down next to her, she did one of her signature yawns as out of the corner of her eye, a black and white blur snatched the water bottle, in it's teeth and tried to sprint away. Unfortunately it tripped and fell over. "Hermes, I believe thar was it!" Said Athena as she ran up to the racoon pokemon that face planted about 4 feet away. She ran up to it to get a closer look. "Black and white stripes, zigzag run pattern, I believe we've found what we're searching for." She said readying a pokeball out of her backpack the Zigzagoon got up and growled at the trainer. It tried to start off with a Headbutt, but it phased right through the Drifblim and into a rock. "Aww, the poor thing doesn't know that normal moves don't work against Ghost types." She said with a hint of a chuckle. This caused the Zigzagoon to get even angrier and yelled as hard as it could shooting dark shockwaves at the Drifblim. "That looks like a Snarl, Hermes Protect!" Said Athena as Drifblim summoned a light blue barrier the block the shockwaves. After an exchange, the Zigzagoon ran out of breath Athena seized her chance. "Now, Tailwind" she commanded. Hermes floated up and spun around creating a Tailwind Tornado. The Zigzagoon was swept up and spun around so much that when the Tailwind peetred out, the Zigzagoon was so dizzy it could barely stand. "Alright, here's my chance!" She said as she threw her pokeball at the Zigzagoon. It captured the Zigzagoon, shook three times and then clicked to signal a capture. She ran up to the pokeball and picked it up. "All right, we've captured our first Galarian Form." She said looking down at the pokeball. She pressed the button of the pokeball and the Zigzagoon came out with a flash of blue light. "I'll name you...Thanatos." she said looking at the Zigzagoon. The Zigzagoon nodded at the name and jumped onto the Drifblim's head. "Zig Zig!"
Species: Zigzagoon-G
Nickname: Thanatos
Ability: Pickup
Moves: Headbutt, Lick, Snarl, Sand Attack
Personality: Aggresive, but kinda clumsy. Quick to get into fights, but he is also very prideful. Known to roughhouse.

Last edited:
It had been a very long few days, to say the least.

But that didn't cease the exuberant energy in which a young man the age of a teenager exuded with such mirth. After arriving via his mother's Drifblim (affectionately nicknamed as 'Large Marge' by the boy), he took the time to enjoy the sights Galar had to offer. He had only ever seen Unova in person, Sinnoh on maps, and Galar on brochures. But the Action Contests... Those were something to see!

He had arrived in Wedgehurst first and began enjoying the people and the culture and the Pokemon (and he absolutely LOVED their accents). He watched as some children gifted with Starter Pokemon ran about, showing off their small playful green Grass monkeys, energetic white Fire rabbits, and emotional blue Water lizards. It was enough to show off his Gastly, but the young man didn't want to make such a scene. Not yet, anyway.

After gathering some information about the Galar Gym Challenge and the Action Contests, he found that the Gym Challenge needed an Endorsement to participate, while the Action Contests just needed someone to register. That was simple. He can just register for the Action Contests while he got himself ready for the Gym Challenge. The audience and the challenges within the stadiums themselves were enough to get him riled up. It felt amazing!

Even thinking about it was painfully filling him with excitement! His parents had called for an Endorsement, even paying enough to get one from the professor in Galar. Professor Magnolia (or was it Sonia?) was in Wedgehurst, but when he found the Pokemon Laboratory, he found that Sonia was inside and she didn't have the Endorsement for him. So, he sent himself towards Route 2, where Sonia mentioned that was where his Endorsement laid.

As he traveled through the winding and hilly grassy route, he watched in awe as he laid eyes on many lovely Pokemon. Some he had seen before, like Hoothoot, Lotad, Seedot, and Purrloin rummaging in the grass, and a Magikarp splashing about in the water. The others he had never seen before. A tiny blue bird flit about, attacking a yellow and blue bug that looked like a Caterpie with glasses. A black and white striped Pokemon zigzagged about, resembling much like a Zigzagoon. Maybe it was a variant? A small greyish brown squirrel ran up a tree, avoiding a rather rambunctious plump yellow dog with electricity sparkling at its collar and feet, the Electric-Type barking after it. A red and black fox skulked about before swiping a berry from a rather odd baby-looking blue turtle. Where did its chin go? Looking back at the waters, he saw the same blue turtles snarling and growling at a slender brown fish with a tapered mouth filled with teeth. The fish didn't hesitate as its tail spun and shot it forwards, smashing into the blue turtle with immense speed.

The young teenager didn't keep his eyes on the little scuffle for long. He found that the trek to the house of Professor Magnolia was a long one. He took to his phone and his Unovan Pokedex, but found that the Pokedex Entries for these Pokemon did not show up. Well, he forgot to update it.

He decided to just go look it up. He got information on the Pokemon, and he was more than impressed about the array of Pokemon Galar held. A few hours later, and the relatively short route passed by as he looked up information about these Pokemon. He expected the route to go on a lot longer than he had thought previously, but it would have been a bad thing if the professor's house was so far away from the city her lab sat within. As soon as he walked up the paved stone towards the door, he was surprised to see the door was already ajar, and the person behind it had opened it further, as if Professor Magnolia had been waiting for him.

The meeting with Professor Magnolia went rather well. The professor was happy to hear how the young man, known as Reginald, had been doing, and how invested he was in the Action Contests and the Gym Challenge. He was more interested in how Dynamaxing worked, and was willing to aid in Professor Magnolia's research, if there was anything left to research on. Finding his spirit rather contagious, the professor allowed Reginald take part in the Gym Challenge, giving him a letter of endorsement and updating his Pokedex before sending him off.

At present, he was in Motostoke, enjoying the Action Battle between a trainer with a Sharpedo and that of Nessa and her Milotic. He shot his fist in the air, excited to see such a powerful display of power and grace from the two Pokemon. "Amazing!" He practically shouted at the top of his lungs as he watched the large electronic board. He was getting a little too pumped up, and ran to the Motostoke Stadium to get himself ready and applied. Once he entered, he was amazed at the size of the lobby and ran to the receptionist to give them his signed letter of endorsement and set his number as '094', the number of his favorite Pokemon in the National Pokedex: Gengar. Once that was done, he chose a Ghost themed Challenger outfit and then found himself waiting. And waiting.

It was early in the morning. He still had a couple hours left. Why not train his Gastly some more? He ran towards Route 3, getting himself lost on the way there, but he managed it nonetheless. Once he was out of the city limits, he released his Pokemon in a shining blue light, his Gastly sparkling eloquently as he floated about, his blue gas and bright purple body faintly glittering in the sun's rays.

"How about we go fight some Pokemon around here? Maybe we can find a Pokemon who would join us! I'm hoping for another Ghost-Type, to be honest." He looked about, the grass having Vulpix, Growlithe, Tyrogue, Stunky, Trubbish, a Galarian Zigzagoon, and a Grass-Type that floated about serenely, a yellow flower adorned its red-maned head. He thought he read the Pokemon was a Gossifleur. Hidden in the grass, he can see a Machop, Klink, Pancham, Mudbray, Rookidee, and a tiny, yet long red and yellow bug. A Sizzlipede? He was starting to get the hang of recognizing some of these new Pokemon from all that time sitting on a train to Motostoke and the walk to Professor Magnolia's house. The berry trees nearby held Skwovet and Cherubi, fighting for berries. He can see moving rocks in the distance, but it was hard to see clearly. A larger blue and black bird appeared overhead before diving down. Maybe it was the evolution of the Rookidee here?

However, after looking through his Pokedex of the many Pokemon here and fighting a few of them, it was obvious none of the Pokemon here were Ghost-Types. He did, however, see a Drifblim. It was a lot smaller than his mother's, and he watched as a Galarian Zigzagoon rushed headlong at the Drifblim, but the Normal-Type attack phasing through and the poor raccoon Pokemon hit their head against the rock on the other side. A few moves later, and he saw a PokeBall fly out towards the raccoon, capturing it. Reginald stood there, almost in shock, before realizing that she likely didn't notice him, as she was too busy with her new capture to really pay attention. At least, he hoped.

He walked up to her, waving at her kindly. His Gastly stared at the Drifblim and hummed in greeting. "Why, hello there. I'm Reginald, but you can just call me Reggie. That was some cool fighting there." It wasn't much, but he could tell there was something to the fight he actually liked. "What's your name? Are you going to join the Gym Challenge?" Reginald had worn his more exquisite clothes and had combed his blonde hair back, as he didn't think he was going out anywhere today. The sun's rays beat down on his Gastly, his form seeming to shimmer in and out of existence and the Ghost/Poison-Type seemed a bit tired due to not being at the ideal time for his sleep schedule and having fought a few Pokemon on this route prior.

@Crystal1302

Last edited:
(OOC: Sorry for the wait, busy day today but weekend's here!")

Alito walked out of the Cafe with Riolu by his side. He checked the time, seeing it would still be a little while before the opening ceremonies of the Gym Challenge. Alito strolled around town for a bit originally going to go after the trainer with the Driftblim, interested in challenging them to a battle, however as Alito made his way to the gate to the Wild Area, he heard a loud noise coming from the upper levels near the train station. "Riolu let's go!" Alito stated, Riolu nodded and jumped onto his shoulder.

Running and taking the swinging elevator up. Alito ran past the train station as a crowd gathered outside. Pushing his way through, Alito saw some guards gathered around a pink figure, dashing around, tackling the guards, and bouncing around. "Riolu Quick Attack!" Alito ordered.

Riolu nodded, jumping off of Alito's shoulder with a white aura, in rolled under the guard's legs, chasing the pink blur around before slamming into it, knocking it back against one of the walls. This moment gave Alito a chance to see it was a Slowpoke with a yellow head. Beside Slowpoke was a handbag, and a woman ran over grabbing it quickly while Slowpoke was in a daze.

"Slowpoke, Galarian Form, the Dopey Pokemon, a Psychic-type. Although this Pokémon is normally zoned out, its expression abruptly sharpens on occasion. The cause for this seems to lie in Slowpoke's diet." Alito's Rotom Phone scanned as he took it out.

"How is this one so fast?" Alito questioned. Slowpoke's eyes sharpened as it noticed Alito's open bag, dashing forward and diving in, only to jump out with Alito's endorsement letter. "HEY WAIT!" Alito called out as the Slowpoke took off towards the Wild Area, "Riolu let's go!" Alito stated as he recalled his partner, running off after it into the Wild Area.

Athena turned around a saw a blond-haired boy named Reggie. "Well thank you. I hardly ever battle at all, and no I do not intend on joining the Gym Challenge. I have absolutely no interest in battling. Hermes is a bit of a pacifist too. He tries his best not to do any direct damage wherever he can. By the way, my name is Athena, the Drifblim next to me is named Hermes, and the Zigzagoon on top of that is named Thanatos" She said as she fiddled with one of her pigtails and one of her signature yawns. Her eyes were drawn to the Ghastly floating right next to Reggie. "By the way, the Ghastly floating next to you has piqued my curiosity. Is that Ghastly shiny? I've never seen one in person before." she said as Thanatos jumped onto Athena's head to get a closer look at the Ghastly. As it looked closer, the sun touching its unique coloration almost made it sparkle. Thanatos immediately wanted to try and fight it. He tried to use Headbutt, but he didn't learn from the last time and he phased right through the Ghastly and face planted into the ground. "Now now Thanatos, we do not spontaneously attack other people's pokemon. You get a time out," she said as she pulled out his Pokeball and returned him into it. "Sorry about that Reggie"

Reggie thought for a second as Athena responded to his questions. If she wasn't a participant, then what was she here for? Research? It was the only logical conclusion. Hearing that Hermes was a pacifist made him chuckle slightly. It was rare for him to meet a Ghost-Type that was rather pacifistic. He watched her yawn and deduced she must not be getting a whole lot of sleep. She watched as she looked over at his Gastly, causing the two of them to straighten up quite proudly. Reggie threw an arm over Gastly's body, which the Ghost/Poison-Type gladly made himself more physical to allow the gesture to hug the gaseous ghost into his trainer's body, snuggling into his chest.

"Yup, my bud Emeric is a shiny." He looked at the Galarian Zigzagoon and watched as it tried to use Headbutt, only for the Pokemon to go right through the Gastly's body and under Reggie's arm. The blonde looked back at the Zigzagoon and watched as the woman returned him with the intention of giving him a time out. It made him chuckle. A little too loudly.

"Oh, don't worry about that. Emeric and I have been training on this route for a while, searching for other Ghost-Types to join us. I'm a participant of the Gym Challenge and Action Contests, so having Pokemon spontaneously fight us isn't that big of a deal. The feel of having all eyes on me while my Pokemon and I show off feel exhilarating. But I also want to make my parents proud." Reggie realized he rambled and bowed profusely in apology. It was something his mother made sure he did, as it was a Sinnohan fashion of apology, or so she said. It wasn't that hard to emulate, but Reggie was a pretty proud kid, so remembering to bow when apologizing (or just remembering to apologize at all) was rather difficult. "Oh, I'm so sorry about that. Didn't mean to talk about myself in such an unwarranted fashion." A thought occurred to him and he sat up straighter, the grin on his face almost matching that of his partner if it weren't with sincerity and he pointed to himself as he spoke. "Hey, I was wondering if I can help you," and he pointed to Athena before splaying out his arms wide. "On your journey. If you aren't here for the battles, then I can probably do the battles for you," He pumped his fist in the air while he spoke as he got himself psyched up. "While you can do whatever you wanted. I'm assuming it's research." He relaxed some, his show of bravado melting away as he held a contemplative look on his face as he looked off in the distance and tapped his chin with his pointer finger. "Not sure about what, but yea." He then shrugged and returned his attention on Athena, his Gastly shifting about and nodding gleefully in agreeance. "How's that sound?"

@Crystal1302

"You are quite perceptive Reggie. I am researching Galarian Forms and my goal is to catch one of every form. Your assistance to me would be valuable, so yes, I'll take you up on your offer. It'd be nice to have a fellow ghost type enthusiast with me." She said before another one of her signature yawns. "Also, I believe you said you are joining the gym challenge. Not only does the path of the gyms fit very well with my plan of catching Galarian Forms, I believe that my second Galarian Form is Galarian Meowth which is right next to Turfield, the very first gym location. Anyway, on the topic of the gym challenge, I believe the opening ceremony starts soon. It would be good to head over there now. It would be better to be there early instead of late. While you do that I need to stop by Wedgehurst to upgrade my Rotom Phone. Does that work with you?" She said as she packed up her partially chewed water bottle in her backpack and settled it on her back.

Reggie smiled wide as his guess on her goals here was correct and when she accepted the offer of her joining him. Or him joining her. He was practically bouncing on the balls of his feet, with Emeric floating over to Hermes. He waved a gaseous hand and said something in their language that sounded like a cheeky greeting, to the extent of "I guess we are going to be partners now". The Gastly held out what looked to be a hand made of gas, probably for a handshake.

Reggie listened to Athena's next plan of action and he nodded. "Yup, that sounds fine to me. I get to feel my first shot at the audience cheering us on!" He held both fists in the air, staring at the ground with such intensity, it was probably a good thing he didn't put this intensity on anybody nearby. He relaxed a little and gave her a cheeky smile. "Are you going to watch me?" He seemed so hopeful that his question sounded almost pleading, like a little Lillipup wondering if what they did deserved praise. He turned on his heel towards Motostoke, but looked over his shoulder to wait for Athena to walk beside him.

A thought struck him and he had to ask, eyeing the Galarian Zigzagoon within their confines before looking back up at Athena as he spoke. "If I recall correctly, if you want to collect all the Galarian forms, they'll need to evolve, and most of them probably need to be trained to evolve. If you don't mind, I can help train your Pokemon for you. I understand your thought process on battling, but I don't want you to have no Pokemon who can protect you. While Hermes might be enough, your new partner has the blood of a fighter in him. He'll need an opponent every now and then. Is that good?" He looked at her approvingly. He knew what he was asking of her, but he didn't want to pressure her into a battle. "And I can teach him basic type matchups, so he can at least battle a little without needing much guidance from you, so you don't have to stress about what move to have him use."

@Crystal1302 (OOC: you can auto Emeric and Reggie walking towards Motostoke so our characters can walk together)

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
It's been a hot minute. Endorsement letter still in hand, Lucas wandered around Motostoke, pondering his decisions. It was pretty nice to walk around the rustic city, putting some ease into his head while he struggles to decide to accept the endorsement or not. The soft hum of machinery here and there and the soft commotion of trainers excited for the ceremony was nice to listen to when he needs to focus. Gible was just trailing his trainer, not even knowing where is trainer was trying to take him, but following nonetheless. Lucas let his feet lead him to wherever without a set destination in mind. Ironically, it was leading the male trainer away from the stadium where the opening ceremony for the league challengers was to initiate soon enough. Which reminded the latter that he still needs to decide soon before the ceremony begins.

Reaching the outskirts of the Motostoke, Lucas' thoughts were interrupted by a huge commotion by the train station. Curiosity peaking, Lucas peered up and away from his endorsement letter. Widening his eyes, Lucas was able to side step out of the way quick enough before he nearly collided with a pink and yellow mass. The brunette was quickly able to regain his balance and watched the mass runaway from the crowd at the train station and off towards the exit of Motostoke, to the Wild Area. Funny enough, a black-hair male trainer was chasing after the thing, seemingly frantic, which Lucas couldn't blame, but still found humorous in the moment nonetheless. The trainer's Pokemon was trailing after it's trainer, presumably trying to catch the blurry mass as well. Surprisingly enough, it was a Gible like Lucas's partner.

"Hey Gible, look at that! That trainer running has a Gible with him too!"

The male trainer peered down to tgesture his Gible towards the direction of where the action was taking place. However, in Gible's place only stood empty air. Lucas' face froze as he realize his Pokemon wasn't beside him. His heart dropped even deeper than before once he realize the situation. The Gible that chased the trainer chasing the fast Pokemon wasn't the trainer, but rather, was his own Gible. Lucas quickly tucked his endorsement letter into his bag before scurrying after his Gible. Guess he was now part of the situation that he found conviniently hilarious prior.

"Gible! Wait! Come back!"

Drifblim returned Emeric's handshake with one of his...appendages. "That sounds like a splendid idea. As much as I don't care for battling, it would certainly be useful to get battle practice." she said as she did a light jog to catch up with him. She picked up Thanatos' pokeball and pondered at it. "You don't have to train up Thanatos completely on your own. I'm not that interested in it, but I don't hate it," she said before one of her yawns. "And I wouldn't mind watching you. Battling has always been at least entertaining to me. By the way, you brought up Action Contests. I've heard of Pokemon Contests, they're quite popular in Sinnoh, but I've never heard of Action Contests. Am I correct in assuming they're similar?" As she was talking a pink and yellow blur rushed out of the train station, into the wild area, and passed the pair followed by two trainers. One of them had a Gible. "Well that was peculiar." She said looking at the comedic scene.

Last edited:
"Stop right there!" Alito shouted, following the Slowpoke into the Wild Area, "Come on!" Alito grumbled as he ran through the large gate. Just as he got outside, Alito missed the very first step, tumbling down the stairs to the bottom. Once he hit the bottom he groaned in pain for a moment. Alito sat up slowly seeing the Slowpoke curiously looking at him, "You're not getting away now!" Alito stated, jumping to grab the Slowpoke.

Slowpoke effortlessly jumping above Alito and got behind him, and as he jumped for it again Slowpoke dodge, causing Alito to ram face-first into Lucas' Gible. "Ow..." Alito groaned. Slowpoke just smiled before turning and running off towards a nearby lake. As Alito got back up he saw the Gible in front of him, "Woah, a Gible, don't see many of those on the mainland," Alito muttered, inspecting to see if the Pokemon was hurt.

@Crimson Sun

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Huff puff. Lucas is clearly not very athletic. Quite unfortunate since he will be participating in Action Contests, which would require him to physically perform with his Pokemon as well. That needs to be after thought for afterwards though. As of currently, he is desperately trying to tail down his Gible for running after a random trainer, who in turn was running after another creature. Lucas had no idea why Gible would run off. He hasn't been able to decipher his Pokemon's personality outside of battles and competitions, but the two of them work together like peas in a pod nonetheless. His brown hair unkempt and sweat slowly dripping down his neck, the chase led the small squad right out to the Wild Area.

Being many paces behind, Lucas was able to witness the collision happen right before his eyes. The male trainer had unintentionally missed a step on the large staircase entrance. Gravity being the downfall for the trainer, no pun intended, Lucas could only presume the trainer had made it to the bottom of the steps, no doubt scathed and covered in bruises. Lucas, learning from the other's mistake, quickly an carefully made his way down the Motostoke stairs. On the way down, Lucas finally laid his eyes upon the pink and yellow mass the trainer was chasing. A Galarian Slowpoke, who was much faster than normal Slowpokes that Lucas had seen previously in Sinnoh. Within it's maw held a pice of paper, clearly of importance if the trainer was running after it.

Smack! A mini collision happened at the bottom of the stairs, once again involving said trainer, but this time with his own Gible. Somehow Lucas didn't even notice the Land Shark Pokemon, but that wasn't the point right now. Slowpoke, amazingly enough, avoided all of the trainer's attempt to capture it and ran off once again. The trainer now had possession of his Gible after getting back on his feet.

"Gible! Stop bothering the guy and come back here!"

Lucas attempted to recall his Pokemon. The first-stage pseudo legendary struggled to get the trainer's grip off of it before succeeding after multiple attempts. However, opposite of what Lucas desired, Gible ignored his beckoning and instead ran after the uniquely Slowpoke. By the time Lucas caught up to the bottom step, Gible was already a distance ahead of them and Lucas's body couldn't tolerate any more running. Giving up momentarily, Lucas heaved to his knees and looked up back at the trainer trying to catch his breath.

"S-sorry...about m-my...Gib-le. I hope he wasn't.....too much of a bother.....and hurt you too.....m-much."

Last edited:
Reggie walked alongside Athena back to Motostoke and listened quietly as she talked, his gaze faced forwards, making sure they didn't walk into anyone as they traveled through the city. He nodded in understanding at her willingness to train Thanatos, and then a large grin spread across his face as he found himself a loyal audience member. At the mention of Sinnoh, it sounded like she used to live there. Reggie looked at her with a surprised glance before returning his gaze in front of them. "Well, Action Contests are basically Kalos Performances and the contests of Sinnoh. It takes the skills and training of both trainer and Pokemon to show how well they can move on the field, use attacks in sparkling arrays of power, finesse, or cleverness, and how well the trainer is built. Well, not exactly like that, but it's to show everyone how well the two work together. Takes as much physical strength, wit, and intellect of the trainer as it does for the Pokemon. While Pokemon train their form and attacks, the trainers train their bodies for any potential damage being done to them, their finesse, and their strength. It's truly a beauty to behold. Unlike contests where it the trainer makes the Pokemon look good or performances where the Pokemon makes the trainer look good, Action Contests make a marriage of the two." He breathed in deeply before letting out a huge sigh, feeling Emeric hovering right above his head. "By the way, were you from Sinnoh? You spoke of it like it was home. At least, I think so."

Right after he asked the question, he saw something pink and yellow rush out of the train station and out to the massive archway heading towards the Wild Area. He watched as a young man and a Riolu rushed ahead after it, and then a Gible, and then what Reggie assumed was the Gible's trainer running after it. It did look really comical, but something in him made him wonder if he should help. He nodded at Athena's statement. "Indeed. Should we lend a hand or...?" He let the question trail off. He wasn't sure if he needed to go to the Budew Drop Inn or go back to the Stadium.

@Crystal1302

"I think we shou-" she said right before her pokedex triggered and caught a picture of the pink blur before it zoomed down the steps. "What was that for?" She said to the royom. "I don't really know zzt. I just felt like I should" said the floating device. She grabbed the phone and zoomed in on the blur. She zoomed in on the blur. "Rotom, would you please scan this part." "I'll try my best Athena" After a loading screen. "Zzt- Athena I think that's a Slowpoke! But kinda yellow. It's weird. The picture's a little fuzzy so I'm not sure." "Reggie, I think that's a Galarian Slowpoke! All right we're assisting. I'm going after that Slowpoke" she said basically going full sprint after that Slowpoke before getting to the bottom of the stairs, tripping over the small collision, then proceeding to fall on top of the pile. Hermes followed behind her and lifted the face planted teen up. "Thanks Hermes. That was unbecoming of me." She said as she wiped the dirt off. She looked over at the Slowpoke who seemed to laugh at the three trainers. "I do not appreciate being laughed at. Who knew one slowpoke could be so troublesome!?" She said stomping her foot. She chased after the Slowpoke into East Lake Axwell.

Last edited:
Luna picked up the paper. It was a letter... Wait, was that an endorsement letter for the Gym Challenge? Wow... the trainer that dropped it must've been strong. Maybe they would at the stadium! She could return it to them there. She started running towards the upper level of the city. She finally came upon the stadium. It was so big. League staff stood by the doors. A man dressed in a red shirt and a Pokeball shaped mask stood near the enterance and gave Pokeballs to small children. As she entered the lobby, the air conditioning cooled her. There was a flame patterned carpet on the floor, lounge chairs on the side, and trainers everywhere.
She couldn't find the person who could've dropped the letter anywhere. She could just leave it here with the league for the trainer to find.
"Uuuhm... this... is..." Luna held up the endorsement for the staff at the front desk to see.
"Ah, you've been endorsed by Opal? Give me a second." The league staff started checking a list of names.
"Wait- no... this isn't-"
"Robin, am I correct?"
Luna wanted to argue that there was a mistake and that she was not Robin. But the staff was already finishing registering her. "Miss Robin, you can choose your uniform number! Just tell us and we'll put on the back of your uniform."
"Uuh... I'm not-"
The league staff was starting to grow impatient so, Luna blurted out a number. "One ninety six."
"Miss. Robin, your uniform will be ready in a few hours. Until then, you can check in at the Budew drop Inn."
Luna exited the building and sighed. "What have I gotten myself into," she thought. Luna picked up her yawning Eevee, and started walking towards the hotel.
Then, a blur of pink and yellow whizzed past her. Eevee jumped yelped and jumped from her arms. It ran out of the city and into the Wildarea. Whatever it was, it was really fast.
"What was that Po-"
A group of trainers ran past her after whatever the Pokemon was. Eevee, clearly excited, ran after the trainers.
"Eevee, Wait!"
Eevee followed the trainers out of Motostoke. Luna stopped at the bottom of the stairs to catch her breath and saw two young men, A Gible and a Riolu collapsed there. "Uuhm... Are you all okay?"
(edit: fixed some grammar and spelling)

Last edited:
Reggie saw the pink blur and felt a wave of psychic energy before it vanished down the steps towards the Wild Area. His Gastly and him looked on with confusion before he heard Athena talking to her Rotom Phone. He watched as Athena's Rotom scanned the blur and looked on in awe as the creature was indeed a differently colored Slowpoke. He nodded and ran beside Athena, but his descent down the stairs were too quick. He took a few steps at a time going down, and the momentum he built up ended up rocketing him forward as soon as he set foot on the ground. He stopped himself as he was about to fall forward, his Gastly steadying him with his gas.

He watched as there were a couple others who dogpiled on each other. But he didn't pay them much attention and didn't even recognize the Pokemon as his vision blurred his peripheral senses as a side effect of an incoming adrenaline rush. This allowed him to run after the Galarian Slowpoke and run alongside Athena, his Gastly whizzing past him, Athena, and her Drifblim. The Gastly shot off a Hypnosis, trying to slow down the Galarian Slowpoke with a suggestion of tiredness. Not enough to completely make the Pokemon fall asleep, as the suggestion was rather weak. This was compensated for the range to be wider and longer, hopefully reaching the Galarian Slowpoke.

@Crystal1302

(OOC: want me to do a random generator on what weather East Lake Axewell has?)

(OOC: Sure. That sounds fine.)
"I appreciate your help Reggie. Hermes, Hypnosis as well!" Hermes flew up next to Emeric and released it's own wave of Psychic energy. It was as weak as Emeric's, but them combined made the Slowpoke just Drowsy enough to fall completely asleep. "It's not going to be asleep for much longer, let's strike while the iron's hot!" She said throwing a pokeball. It shook once, shook twice, shook three times, *click*. "We did it! We captured a Slowpoke." She said practically jumpong up and down. She ran up to the pokeball and sitting next to it was a partially chewed letter. "You've caused everyone enough trouble for today...Iris." she said before picking up the pokeball and the letter. She ran back to the comedic pile of trainers. "Hey does this belong to any of you? It appears to be an Endorsement Letter that the Slowpoke had.

Nickname: Iris
Ability: Own Tempo
Moves: Confusion, Acid, Yawn
Personality: huuge prankster. Likes running super fast and laughing at people's misfortune. Very annoying to deal with but she is very clever. Her Intelligence is almost admirable

Luna looked at Athena, then the pile of humans. "I think it belongs to one of these... people?" Luna pointed at the two people on the ground. "Congrats on... catching the Slowpoke. Wow, that's a fast Slowpoke." Luna didn't no what else to say, since she never talked to people much. "Uuuhm.... I heard Galar Slowpokes need an item... to evolve...!"
Eevee stared at Luna judgingly, like every time Luna tried to talk to people and failed horribly. "Anyways... is that an endorsement letter? Cool! I'm competing too..." Unlike most people, Luna talked more when she was nervous. That caused people to be always annoyed by her. "I think I know how you can evolve your Slowpoke though!" She told Athena. "There are a lot of Shelder in the lake, right? Slowpoke can fish up water type or fish Pokemon by putting its arm in the water. If you're lucky, it might catch a Shelder and might evolve.... Do you want to try?"

Reggie cheered when Athena caught the Slowpoke, as he and Gastly pumped their fists into the air and yelled "WE DID IT" at the top of their lungs. He walked over with Athena and saw the endorsement letter. What a mischievous Pokemon. Reggie then followed Athena back to the group and the girl nearby with the Eevee began spouting stuff about how Galarian Slowpoke evolve and how she's a competitor.

"I'm a competitor, too." Reggie pointed to himself with his thumb before checking his phone for any information regarding Galarian Slowpoke. It turned out, she was correct, but he had to make sure as she didn't sound like she owned it due to her nervous tone. "Well, Galarian Slowpoke can either evolve into Galarian Slowbro when holding a Galarica Cuff around their arm and using it to fish for a Shellder, or into Galarian Slowking when wearing a Galarica Wreath on their head and using that to fish. Weird." He clicked his phone to sleep and put it away before continuing. "I'm pretty sure you can get the same results if you didn't use them, but it probably increases the chance of it happening."

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
"Sorry about Gible, but looks like I've got to chase him down again."

Lucas slightly bowed towards the trainer chasing after the Slowpoke out of simple mannerism. However, he did have a Gible to claim. Towards the vicinity of East Lake Axewell, Lucas ran as far as his feet could take him, which really wasn't much. He didn't pay notice towards the small crowd that had formed at the bottom steps of Motostoke, but that didn't matter. His eyes scattered endlessly looking for a small Land Shark Pokemon roaming about. The Slowpoke issue was unfortunately resolved as quickly as it came by. A trainer from the small formed crowd has already caught the regional variant. However, it does seem that Gible is now missing. If the Slowpoke was still running, Gible might still be in tow, but considering the massive speed difference, it wouldn't be much of a wonder that Gible got lost chasing the Slowpoke for Arceus knows what reason.

"Gi-gible!"

Huh? Lucas felt a sudden heavy weight on his head. Grabbing the weight off his head to relieve the tension, Lucas put the thing in front of his face to see it was his Gible. Gible was nonchalantly staring down it's trainer as if it didn't do anything wrong.

"Ugh, Gible please don't do that next time, I almost got a heart attack because of you!"

Lucas recalled the Land Shark Pokemon into it's Pokeball before it could cause any more stress onto the brunette. He had enough on his mind already. Luckily this issue was resolved quickly. Returning to the crowd subconsciously, although he had nothing to do with them, Lucas saw the trainers talk about the Galarian Slowpoke that was causing the ruckus earlier and about the paper in the Slowpoke's maw, which was soon to be found out as an Endorsement Letter. Yikes! Slowpoke's evolution was the next topic at hand, but he had no relevance to that Though it was impressive seeing how the Driftblim trainer was able to catch such a uniquely fast Slowpoke. The female trainer with the Eevee quickly pointed out the letter could either belong to him or the Slowpoke chaser. The brunette pulled his own Endorsement Letter out of his bag to show that the letter from Slowpoke wasn't his.

"Sorry, I have my own right here. Must be the other guy's, since he's the one chasing the Pokemon in the first place. Though I still don't know if I should be competing or not."

Alito slowly got up, his head spinning still from everything that happened. He noticed the letter in Athena's hand, "Oh, thank you," he smiled, getting up and politely taking the envelope back, "That's awesome you were able to catch that Slowpoke too!" Alito grinned, putting his envelope back into his bag for the time being, Alito wished that he could have caught the Slowpoke too, but he didn't really mind. When he heard Lucas' comment Alito playfully nudged the trainer, "You should give it a shot still, it's going to be a ton of fun the more trainers there are!" he smiled.

All of the sudden, everyone's Rotom Phone's began ringing as alerts were coming in as the Galar League Opening Ceremonies would be starting soon. Alito glanced at everyone who was getting the notifications and smiled as to all the rivals he'd have. At the sound of the alert, Riolu's Pokeball burst open as the small dog-like Pokemon jumped onto Alito's shoulder eagerly, "Ready Riolu?" Alito smiled, his Pokemon nodded as the two ran for the Motostoke Stadium.

At the stadium was a crowd of trainers being filed off by league staff members, trainers were being shown around to get their uniforms on and to get registered. Alito presented his letter and had his Rotom Phone scanned, in return, he was given a brass ring that he was told would hold his badges for the league. Afterward, Alito went and got changed into his uniform, then making his way into the lobby alongside Riolu.

Donald and his Pokemon team had just received the food they ordered and happily went about eating it, Donald ate as casually as one would expect with his partner, Drizzile eat in a similar manner to his trainer, Corvisquire pecked at his food like any normal bird Pokemon, with each peck, a piece of food was gone, Toxel on the other hand was a bit messy when it came to his food; he either gripped it a bit too hard or a bit of the food ended up around his mouth. Nevertheless, the meal they had was as normal and peaceful as always and wondered what his meal time would be like with another three Pokemon to feed, it seemed that only time would tell as he had yet to properly start his journey.

Speaking of journeys, he checked his Rotom phone to check the time and noticed how the Opening Ceremonies were about to start soon, he and his team ate the last of his food and Donald paid for everything, he got out two Poke balls to return Drizzile and Corvisquire before he put on a pair of black gloves before he got a napkin and started to wipe Toxel's face, the gloves were after he learned from the Pokedex that he shouldn't just touch his Poison type Pokemon unless he wished to harm himself.

Once Toxel was cleaned, Donald returned the Poison type before he got up and left the cafe, once outside, he casually made his way over to the Stadium along with a few trainers who looked as eager as he was. When he entered the stadium, he waited along with the many other trainers who went to get their endorsement letters scanned, he got out the letter he got from Piers and sighed before it was his turn to get his letter scanned. Once he got the all clear, he was given a special ring to hold on to, Donald then went over to the changing rooms to change in to his uniform, but rather than simply wear just the uniform, he kept his black hat on and wore his blue jacket around his shoulders like a cape for a bit more 'flair' as he called it, he knew a few other trainers who added more bling to their uniforms, so why couldn't he? After he checked himself in the mirror, he walked over to stand in the lobby.

"Number 416, got it! Here's your uniform. Get changed and be prepared to enter the Star Galar Tournament!"
-A few minutes pass...-
Keito Yawned. "This is such a bore, isn't this Croagunk? I just wish it would start already, and we can get it over with."
"Croa, Croagunk!" He chuckled, "Good point, Mom's gonna freak if she realizes I'm not wearing my [He said with air quotes] "Traditional Shinobi Gear."

He leaned back against the wall, looking at everyone with him in the lobby. "Quite the clown car, wouldn't you say?" He chuckled again, thinking about his own outfit. "Guess I'm not one to talk, eh Croagunk?" The Croagunk made a noise similar to that of laughing, then jumping into Keito's backpack. This cause Keito to almost trip. "How many times do I have to say it, you can't fit in the bag anymore!" Croagunk gave him Baby-Doll eyes, even without knowing the move. "What the heck, I can't say no to you." He sat down on the nearby bench so his back wouldn't give in.

Croagunk popped out holding two chocolate wafers, Keito taking one of them. "You read my mind! You just earned yourself some extra nap time." He pulled out a pokeball, and returned the Croagunk along with the chocolate bar. He sat along the wall surveying the other contestants once more, his eye focusing on a group of trainers who look like they all jumped into a Sandslash burrow. He doubted this though, considering Sandshrews and Sandslashes weren't native to this part of Galar.

"Alright Reggie. I believe it's time to head to Motostoke Stadium. I'm going to see if iI can aqquire a suitable viewing," She walked out of the Wild Area. She took a pitstop at a nearby train station and called Professor Magnolia. She sent her phone (OOC: By this, I mean the things in the anime that send pokeballs to Professors' labs and things like that) and Professor Magnolia updated the pokedex. She sent it back and Athana got it back in one piece. "-Zzt I feel so strange! Like I just learned a whole bunch of stuff at the same time zzt" "Thank you Professor Magnolia. I would certainly be lost in Galar without an up to date pokedex." "It's fine Ms. Skye. It's so nice to see someone your age being interested in researching pokemon." "Goodbye" she said as she hung up. She walked over to the Stadium. She got a seat with a clear view of the field. As Athena sat down her poleball bursted open and Thanatos writhed around in her bag. "Well Thanato, you certainly don't like being inside your pokeball for long periods of time". She said as she opened her bag. The Zigzagoon breathed in the fresh air and relaxed as he sat on Athena's lap. Athena took advantage of the situation and tested out her updated pokedex. "Zzt scanning away!...Its restlessness has it constantly running around. If it sees another Pokémon, it will purposely run into them in order to start a fight. Zzt." "Well that fits Thanatos to a tee." She said as she scratched his back.

King was late, but plusle didn't care to wake him up. He was laying on his stomach he groaned "mmrhhhh...." Greninja burst out of its pokeball and woke King up "huh?! huh?! what!?" he was very confused, after about 20 seconds his heart dropped and he realized he was late, he left his house with a half burned pop tart and was running to the nearest train station, he really was worried, "oh god, oh god oh god!" he was very scared. He entered the train and waited to his destination, at last he arrived and proceeded to do the requirements to enter the Motostoke Stadium, he then sat about 12 feet away to Athena. Curling his hair more

Reggie waved everyone goodbye and head towards the stadium, his Gastly being returned for the time being. Reggie was shown the changing rooms and got into his challenger outfit. It had the outline of an eye looking up with something wiggly coming off the top of the pupil stamped over a yellow triangle facing down, with the words 'Ghost' emblazoned in off-golden colors. That was on the front of his shirt and the sides of his trousers. He wore black leggings with three purple stripes going diagonally down the legs, black and purple shoes, and the trousers and shirt had a gradient of polka-dots going from the collar and slithering down to the front of the trousers, going from bright blue to grey from top to bottom. The collar was purple and there were two stripes on each cuff that were purple, too. There was a hat Reggie was given, which was white and had a golden insignia on the hat, but it just didn't speak to him. So he put it aside with his other clothes. He put on a black glove that showed off his thumb and index finger before walking out of the changing room, leaving his bag in the care of the staff.

He walked to the front, got himself fully registered, and was given a brass ring for the Gym Badges. He pocketed the ring and began waiting for the big reveal, holding Emeric's PokeBall and smoothing the dents and scuffs over it fondly.