• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Galarian Star Journey

If that's the case, then here (by the way, I only did 1-Star encounters for the raids in the Wild Area, but I'll change it the next time so that more than just 1-Star encounters can be encountered):

8 Dens active:
  1. In Watchtower Ruins, near Dappled Grove border - Munna Common 1-Star
  2. In Watchtower Ruins, between tower and wall - Honedge Rare 1-Star
  3. In Dappled Grove, encircled by a field of Grass - Budew Common 1-Star
  4. In Rolling Fields, northwest of Meetup Spot and near West Lake Axewell border - Timburr Common 1-Star
  5. In Rolling Fields, at the very south eastern portion of the area overlooking Lake Miloch - Cleffa Common 1-Star
  6. In East Lake Axewell, bordering the southern portion of the lake and Rolling Fields border - Hoothoot Rare 1-Star
  7. In West Lake Axewell, north of the bridge and near left Grass patch - Tympole Common 1-Star
  8. In West Lake Axewell, between the northern wall and Grass patch - Galarian Zigzagoon Rare 1-Star
Weather:

Rolling Fields: Sandstorm
  • Baltoy 35% in Grass
  • Dwebble 40% in Grass
  • Golett 20% in Grass
  • Bunnelby 5% in Grass
  • Cherubi 20% in Berry Tree
  • Skwovet 80% in Berry Tree
  • Metapod 10% Visible in all Grass fields
  • Tyrogue 5% Visible in all Grass fields
  • Baltoy 60% Visible in most Grass fields
  • Bunnelby 25% Visible in most Grass fields
  • Baltoy 25% Visible in western Grass field
  • Pancham 60% Visible in western Grass field
  • Diglett 20% Visible in Dirt
  • Roggenrola 80% Visible in Dirt
  • Butterfree 25% Visible Flying
  • Pidove 75% Visible Flying
  • Onix just northwest of Meetup Spot, Wandering
  • Three Diggersby Wandering
    • West of the end of the path from Meetup Spot
    • In a clearing west of the Den nearest the Meetup Spot
    • South of the West Lake Axewell border
  • Ninjask near the den by the West Lake Axewell border, Wandering
  • Roselia in a cove of cliffs in the south containing a Den, Wandering
  • Crustle on the path near the Dappled Grove border, Wandering
  • Diggersby, west of the field of grass encircling a Den, Wandering
  • Dubwool southeast of the field of grass encircling the Den, Wandering
  • Mudsdale north of the field of grass encircling a Den, Wandering
Dappled Grove: Sandstorm
  • Baltoy 40% in Grass
  • Golett 35% in Grass
  • Bunnelby 20% in Grass
  • Bounsweet 5% in Grass
  • Cherubi 30% in Berry Tree
  • Skwovet 70% in Berry Tree
  • Hoothoot 10% Visible
  • Baltoy 60% Visible
  • Bunnelby 20% Visible
  • Nuzleaf 5% Visible
  • Lombre 5% Visible
  • Orbeetle by the lakeshore west of the southeast field of grass, Wandering
  • Claydol in the South by a cliff, Wandering
  • Bewear northeast of the pair of Berry Trees, Wandering
  • Pangoro between the Berry Trees, Wandering
West Lake Axewell: Fog
  • Krabby 30% in Grass
  • Natu 40% in Grass
  • Wingull 20% in Grass
  • Ralts 10% in Grass
  • Goldeen 35% via Fishing
  • Magikarp 50% via Fishing
  • Remoraid 10% via Fishing
  • Wishiwashi 5% via Fishing
  • Natu 10% Visible
  • Wooper 5% Visible
  • Purrloin 60% Visible
  • Tympole 25% Visible
  • Goldeen 25% Visible via Surfing
  • Magikarp 60% Visible via Surfing
  • Remoraid 5% Visible via Surfing
  • Frillish 10% Visible via Surfing
  • Palpitoad south of the bridge, Wandering
  • Quagsire northeast of the north end of the bridge, Wandering
  • Drednaw in the northwest and slightly down the hill from Watchtower Ruins, Wandering
  • Jellicent by the bridge, Wandering in the water
  • Grapploct by the northeast shoreline, Wandering in the water
  • Cloyster east of the Den on the west shore, Wandering in the water
  • Gyarados near the southwest shore, Wandering in the water
  • Lapras by the southeast shore, Wandering in the water
  • Jellicent in the center, Wandering in the water
East Lake Axewell: Blizzard
  • Snover 30% in Grass
  • Minccino 20% in Grass
  • Vanillite 45% in Grass
  • Stufful 5% in Grass
  • Shellder 20% via Fishing
  • Goldeen 25% via Fishing
  • Wishiwashi 5% via Fishing
  • Snorunt 60% Visible
  • Pancham 10% Visible
  • Stufful 25% Visible
  • Butterfree 30% Visible Flying
  • Pidove 70% Visible Flying
  • Shellder 5% Visible via Surfing
  • Goldeen 15% Visible via Surfing
  • Wingull 5% Visible via Surfing
  • Vanillite 75% Visible via Surfing
  • Xatu flying north of the Rolling Fields border, Wandering
  • Galarian Weezing south of the Motostoke entrance and near the Den, Wandering
  • Piloswine west of the North Lake Miloch border, Wandering
  • Gyarados by the bridge in the west, Wandering in the water
  • Eight Vanilluxe Wandering in the water:
    • West-northwest of Axew’s Eye
    • Northwest of Axew’s Eye
    • North of Axew’s Eye
    • Northeast of Axew’s Eye
    • Southeast of Axew’s Eye
    • In the southeast corner
    • South of Axew’s Eye
    • Southwest of Axew’s Eye
  • Gyarados by the east shore, Wandering in the water
North Lake Miloch: Fog
  • Natu 45% in Grass
  • Ralts 5% in Grass
  • Stunky 20% in Grass
  • Stufful 30% in Grass
  • Cherubi 50% in Berry Trees
  • Skwovet 50% in Berry Trees
  • Magikarp 56% via Fishing
  • Barboach 40% via Fishing
  • Basculin Red-Striped Form 2% via Fishing
  • Basculin Blue-Striped Form 2% via Fishing
  • Ralts 2% Visible
  • Drifloon 60% Visible
  • Stunky 28% Visible
  • Purrloin 10% Visible
  • Barboach 25% Visible via Surfing
  • Drifloon 10% Visible via Surfing
  • Frillish 60% Visible via Surfing
  • Corviknight by the Giant’s Seat border, Wandering
  • Boltund just north of the top of the slope up from Giant’s Seat, Wandering
  • Drifblim on the overlook for Giant’s Seat, Wandering
  • Xatu near the den in the northeast corner, Wandering
  • Liepard just southeast of the Motostoke River bridge, Wandering
  • Lapras in the east end of the lake, Wandering in water
  • Jellicent in the lake by the shore south of the Motostoke River bridge, Wandering in the water
  • Two Drifblim Wandering in the water:
    • In the lake north of the south Den
    • Near the west end of the lake
South Lake Miloch: Thunderstorm
  • Machop 10% in Grass
  • Electrike 40% in Grass
  • Corphish 20% in Grass
  • Joltik 30% in Grass
  • Remoraid 40% via Fishing
  • Barboach 9% via Fishing
  • Pyukumuku 1% via Fishing
  • Machop 60% Visible in central and northern Grass fields
  • Tyrogue 5% Visible in central and northern Grass fields
  • Stunky 35% Visible in central and northern Grass fields
  • Krabby 10% Visible in southern Grass field
  • Corphish 30% Visible in southern Grass field
  • Tympole 28% Visible in southern Grass field
  • Joltik 10% Visible in southern Grass field
  • Pyukumuku 2% Visible in southern Grass field
  • Wingull 85% Visible Flying
  • Drifloon 15% Visible Flying
  • Goldeen 25% Visible via Surfing
  • Barboach 60% Visible via Surfing
  • Drifloon 10% Visible via Surfing
  • Galvantula north of the Rolling Fields border, Wandering
  • Machoke east of the Den nearest Rolling Fields, Wandering
  • Thievul south of the northeast field of grass, Wandering
  • Palpitoad near the top of the slope down from Rolling Fields, Wandering
  • Kingler northwest of the bridge to Giant’s Seat, Wandering
  • Crawdaunt west of the bridge to Giant’s Seat, Wandering
  • Whiscash at the north end of the northwest leg of the lake, Wandering in water
  • Seaking near the neck of the northwest leg of the lake, Wandering in water
  • Lanturn south of the neck of the northwest leg of the lake, Wandering in water
  • Gyarados on the south side of the bridge, Wandering in water
  • Pelipper south of the east end of the bridge, Wandering in water
  • Seaking by the Giant’s Seat fishing spot north of the bridge, Wandering in water
Watchtower Ruins: Blizzard
  • Duskull 20% in Grass
  • Snorunt 30% in Grass
  • Drifloon 10% in Grass
  • Snover 40% in Grass
  • Cherubi 50% in Berry Trees
  • Skwovet 50% in Berry Trees
  • Gastly 25% Visible
  • Delibird 60% Visible
  • Purrloin 15% Visible
  • Woobat 60% Visible Flying
  • Noibat 40% Visible Flying
  • Corviknight northwest of the southern Den, Wandering
  • Haunter west of the tower, Wandering
  • Glalie east of the tower and on the West Lake Axewell border, Wandering

I didn't do Giant's Seat because I didn't see the need for anyone to go over there, unless they want a weather forecast. Then I can do that for them.
Otherwise, I just did the thing for the top Wild Area spots I know people will venture through.

I added in the encounters while I was at it (guess I was bored XD) but you don't have to follow the encounter lists. You may find other kinds of Pokemon within the Wild Area, but these guys I listed will just be more common.

Last edited:
Oh, by the way, how do we get Dynamax Bands? Is there a thing handing them out after the ceremony or do we get them from Professor Magnolia or Sonia or whoever? Because it seems like every challenger obtains a Dynamax Band if they do the Gym Challenge.

Yeah, I was going to have my character obtain his before the first Gym personally, for everyone else you can have your characters receive them whenever you please, I can introduce Magnolia or Sonia as well to give out some Dynamax Bands too.

Dynamax are to be used only in stadiums that allow it, and I presume are only extended to Pokemon who in the game can actually use the ability?

Dynamax can be used in Max Raid Dens hosted in Pokemon Dens, and in stadiums. Action Contests are held within the stadiums, as well. But considering how destructive the Max Moves are, it is safe to say that Dynamaxing is not good, especially when trainers can potentially get hurt in that.

All Pokemon can be Dynamaxed. Just some have forms that allow them to take a different shape and use a better move.

That reminds me before Dynamaxing takes off, the Action Contests will have a Trainer Barrier Band that coordinators can wear, there will also be the spectator barriers from the anime used as well, just so that way we don't have to consider the grim thoughts of trainer/specator casualties.

Ah yes, the grim thoughts that my head usually likes to build stories around. XD

But that is a good idea. Maybe they are made into their Dynamax Bands if they have one or they are given to them by officials of the event if they somehow don't have a Dynamax Band.

Well, Sarah's character and Pyro's character are about to battle while Sylvi's character is probably going to watch, my character and Crystal's character are talking, Red Gallade's character is planning to train and is just outside of the Motostoke Stadium, MelonBoi's character is talking to his Pokemon, and we are going to have the Action Contest either on the same day or the next day in-RP, as that is going to happen first before the Turffield Gym Challenge.

I think, anyway. XD

May be too late, but I can try.

Character Sheet
Name: Rusty Dasher
Looks: Crimson Hoodie, Blue Shirt with a Gigantamax Cinderace, Rillaboom and Intelleon.
Personality: Energetic, Helpful, Athletic
Hometown & Region: Galar, Wyndon
Backstory: A kid living in Wyndon, until he decided to enter the Gym Challenge and travel to Motostoke. He loves to help people naturally.
Goal: His goal is to become Champion, and he will accomplish it with a good group of friends.
What does TDIP stand for: The Dodge It Problem.

Pokemon Sheet
Species: Scorbunny
Nickname: (Optional)
Ability: Libero
Current Moves: Tackle, Growl, Ember, Quick Attack

Okay wait XD

@Crystal1302 @MelonBoi5 @PyroGaleZX @SylvitheSylveon @Sarah316 @Red Gallade

Were we all around the same battle arena? (Obviously not the same battlefield, or else we'd be overlapping each other). The way the spectators were watching were only paying attention to Pyro's and Sarah's characters. Were we nearby and nobody noticed or was that a slight error?

Because this entire time, I thought Athena and Reggie were fighting on the street or a different battle arena altogether.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Okay wait XD

@Crystal1302 @MelonBoi5 @PyroGaleZX @SylvitheSylveon @Sarah316 @Red Gallade

Were we all around the same battle arena? (Obviously not the same battlefield, or else we'd be overlapping each other). The way the spectators were watching were only paying attention to Pyro's and Sarah's characters. Were we nearby and nobody noticed or was that a slight error?

Because this entire time, I thought Athena and Reggie were fighting on the street or a different battle arena altogether.
I think Alito's and Daphne's battle was nearby a Pokemon Center, where battlefields are usually connected to. At least that's what I envisioned, a battlefield in the back of the Pokemon Center like a backyard of sorts LOL.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
I need to ask this. You need 5 ribbons to compete in the Grand Festival, right? If there are only 8 cities, doesn't that mean only 8 ribbons? How does that work?
I'm pretty sure Pyro changed it to 3 so the contests doesn't take up too much time from the roleplay
And the anime worked around limited cities by making up new cities to fill in ribbon gaps and what not. So we can take that direction, or we can have cities hold multiple contests. So for instance, the OCs can always take a detour and go back to a city that already held a contest in order to host another contest there. But those are just suggestions, anything goes based on what Pyro would like to happen.

I remember he said 3 in the discussion, but I think he changed it to 5 XD His very first post, from what I remembered, said 3 ribbons were needed until it got changed to 5.

And also, like the contests in Sinnoh and Hoenn, not every city that has a gym will have a contest. And not every city/town in any given region will have a gym (like Solaceon Town in Sinnoh). In the games, Sinnoh (Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum) only had 1 contest, which was in Hearthome City, while Hoenn (in Ruby, Sapphire, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire) only had 4 contests based on rank, with the remakes allowing all ranks to be in all contest halls (like having the Master Rank at Verdanturf Town). Normal Rank in Verdanturf Town, Super Rank in Fallarbor Town, Hyper Rank in Slateport City, and Master Rank in Lilycove City, until they got replaced by battle tents in Emerald and only Lilycove City had the contest hall.

While Hearthome City also has a gym, there are no gyms in Verdanturf Town, Fallarbor City, Slateport City, or Lilycove City.

In RPs I have been in, you were able to get more badges in Unova if we allowed the Striaton Gym Leaders, Lenora, and Brycen to host battles to get these badges. While the badges will not count towards the amount needed for the Pokemon League in some RPs, it counted in others, and you only needed 8 to enter, but you can have up to 11 badges in the Unova region.

If we did it this way, you may only need 5 ribbons to enter the Action Contests but more can still be given and, since winners move on, this allows people who failed to get a ribbon in the last gyms to come back and try again (like any other contest. It's not a one and done thing and you are able to do a "rematch" of sorts, like how gyms work). I'm not sure which cities will do Action Contests but, if there are up to 8 cities with stadiums who do allow Action Contests, then there would be 8 ribbons. But getting 8 is just being an over achiever, as you only need 5. Plus, it allows others who aren't in the gym challenge to have a chance to show their skills, especially if they know battling for glory isn't exactly their style.

I just realized I spouted a lot of nonsense, but I just walked longer than what I'm used to right before I made this response, so yea. XD While you can earn 8 ribbons, only 5 are needed to move on, just like you can earn 11 badges in Unova but only need 8 to get into the Pokemon League.

Name: Ivory Cashen

Looks: Ivory's outfit is rather basic, wearing a white dress shirt and pale pink trousers, as well as black cleats. She normally wears brighter clothing, but she wanted to be 'more formal' for Galar. She also has a backpack with colouring and felt ears to resemble an Azumarill, and she has a puffy pink jacket above her dress shirt, hinting to her more cutesy fashion sense. Her skin is pale enough that freckles are easy to spot, and her pale green eyes and wavy, chestnut hair are the finishing touch to her look.

Personality: When it comes to her personality, Ivory is simply quiet and reserved. She never gets herself into conversations unless needed, and will always confess to something if she is blamed, often not thinking about the consequences that somebody else would gain. Besides from that, Ivory is very easy going, but also timid, and only opens up and becomes more active during Contests, as they give her a incredible thrll.

Hometown & Region: Petalburg City, Hoenn

Backstory: Ivory's life was very straightforward. She was raised in the centre of Petalburg City, often being called 'the ghost girl' by some younger residents of the city from being so quiet, although Ivory never seemed to be angered by that. In fact, she liked having something to go by. The first major event in her life happened when she was 7, and that was when her family was on a short vacation to Lilycove City. Ivory was taken by her mother to a Contest that was going on about three days before they would return to Petalburg, and Ivory was lost for words on how incredible watching it made her feel. Time seemed to go by incredibly fast as Ivory set her sights on debuting in the Contest world, and once she was 10 she received a First Partner Pokemon in the form of a Treecko. Not even a week after he was recieved, Ivory ran off to Slateport City to compete in a Contest, but worried severely about the consequences of would hold for running off. She only got 3rd in the Contest, but she didn't mind as it was a good start, and her family admitted that she did great despute running off. Over the next four years, she trained hard and won two Ribbons and caught a new partner for her team, and soon enough her attention was drawn to Galar's Grand Festival. It took a lot of courage, but Ivory left Petalburg behind to pursue her lifelong goal of becoming a Contest star.

Goal: Ivory's goal is simple to see right away if you ask her, that being to become famous in the Contest world, especially in the Action Contests. She's had a fair bit of Contest experience, despite only winning twice, but she'll still give everything she has.

What does TDIP stand for: The "Dodge It" Problem

Species: Sceptile
Nickname: Thorn
Ability: Overgrow
Current Moves: Leaf Blade, Rock Tomb (TM), Protect (TM), Quick Attack.
Personality: Thorn is very defensive of his pride and surroundings, and won't back down from challenges, regardless of difficulty.

Species: Azumarll
Nickname: Whirly
Ability: Thick Fat
Current Moves: Aqua Tail, Attract, Mud Shot (TM), Double-Edge
Personality: Whirly is as gentle as Ivory is, acting like a parent to Thorn whenever she needs or wants to.

Edit: It's been a few days since I made this and I'm sorry in advance for the tag, but @PyroGaleZX

Last edited:
If a spot is available;
Name: Alyssa Greene
Looks: A slightly tanned girl, with shoulder-length brown hair and grey-blue eyes. She's roughly 5'6", and has a bit of noticeable muscle, but not enough to be impressive. She is almost always found wearing a pair of grey sweatpants combined with a dark grey t-shirt and a hoodie that matches her sweatpants in color, as well as black ankle boots with barely noticeable red ankle socks.
Personality: Frequently spaced out and gazing into the distance, Alyssa tends to have a hard time focusing on any one thing. On the few occasions she does talk, she often jumps from topic to topic at lightning speed, trying to keep up with her own flowing thought process. However, if something does have her focus, she will hyperfixate on it for days or even weeks at a time, being able to rip her attention away from it only with the same effort it takes her to focus on something normally.
Hometown and Region: Nimbasa City, Unova Region
Backstory: Raised in Nimbasa City by her parents, Alyssa was always fascinated by Elesa's modeling, and even more so by the Contests occasionally broadcast from other regions, ecstatic at the idea of Pokemon being able to show off without getting hurt. After a bad run-in with an angered Sandile when she was 8 made her panicked about living next to Route 4, her parents decided the best option would be to move away, and moved to Galar along with her. They quickly got jobs at the Motostoke Battle Cafe, and Alyssa learned about battling and catching Pokemon from them and the other staff there. They also helped her catch and evolve her first Pokemon, a Milcery. It was only after that that she decided to start catching the Pokemon she took interest in, and began to travel the region after that.
Goal: To be able to grow her knowledge, and eventually return to Motostoke to help her parents.
TDIP stands for The Dodge It Problem.

Pokemon Sheet
Species:
Alcremie (Ruby Swirl, Clover Sweet)
Nickname: Maho
Ability: Sweet Veil
Currently Known Moves: Decorate, Dazzling Gleam, Misty Terrain, Recover