• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Galarian Star Journey

jade421

Previously Sarah316
So Leon isn't Champion in this? Because it is some AU version of Galar? Kinda wish I knew that cause I was a touch excited to have my OC meet Leon ^^'''

Also how do Endorsement Letters work for this? Was there an event where the OCs got it earlier or could you be just introduced with one?

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
So Leon isn't Champion in this? Because it is some AU version of Galar? Kinda wish I knew that cause I was a touch excited to have my OC meet Leon ^^'''

Also how do Endorsement Letters work for this? Was there an event where the OCs got it earlier or could you be just introduced with one?
I’m pretty sure Leon is still champion in this alternate universe.

Endorsement Letters is how trainers are eligible to partake in the Galarian League. You need to be endorsed by a sponsor of the League or someone of higher authority, at least that’s what I think. There wasn’t any specified event, everyone got their own endorsement letter by their own means. Some methods were unconventional, but they got them nonetheless LOL.

If you don’t want to make a backstory for it, you can always have your character already having an endorsement letter. However with your character having just arrived in Galar, I really don’t see a specific way for your character to suddenly just have an endorsement letter. However again, you can be as creative with your method of getting an Endorsement Letter as you want. So their free reign there.

@Sarah316 Leon is still the champion I just haven’t had a good chance to introduce him yet, I was going to in my next post when I get a chance, I did not know if anyone else wanted to post first before I did so.

@Red Gallade the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra are open for characters to go to whenever, however because they are so focused on Legendary Pokemon (which are their own nightmare to get permissions for) the plots may have to be altered for them.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
I’m pretty sure Leon is still champion in this alternate universe.

Endorsement Letters is how trainers are eligible to partake in the Galarian League. You need to be endorsed by a sponsor of the League or someone of higher authority, at least that’s what I think. There wasn’t any specified event, everyone got their own endorsement letter by their own means. Some methods were unconventional, but they got them nonetheless LOL.

If you don’t want to make a backstory for it, you can always have your character already having an endorsement letter. However with your character having just arrived in Galar, I really don’t see a specific way for your character to suddenly just have an endorsement letter. However again, you can be as creative with your method of getting an Endorsement Letter as you want. So their free reign there.

Could I have an endorsement letter from a Hoenn rep? Like say Norman or someone of standing in the Hoenn League? Figured it could expand Daphne's backstory and simply the process.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Could I have an endorsement letter from a Hoenn rep? Like say Norman or someone of standing in the Hoenn League? Figured it could expand Daphne's backstory and simply the process.
I’m unsure because there really isn’t any specifications on the Galar League Endorsements other than that it’s required to participate in the League. But there isn’t anything that’s saying you aren’t allowed to, so go for it.

PikaDex (Pikachu) (M)
Moveset: Electric Terrain, Zippy Zap, Quick Attack, Electro Ball
D-Max: G-Max Volt Crash, G-Max Volt Crash, Max Strike, G-Max Volt Crash

Scorch (Cinderace) (M)
Moveset: Fire Punch, Tackle, Flame Charge, Inferno
D-Max: G-Max Fireball, Max Strike, G-Max Fireball, G-Max Fireball

Splash (Inteleon) (M)
Moveset: Scald, Muddy Water, Water Gun, Whirlpool
D-Max: G-Max Hydrosnipe, G-Max Hydrosnipe, G-Max Hydrosnipe, G-Max Hydrosnipe

Gardevoir (F)
Moveset: Draining Kiss, Fleur Cannon, Gravity, Agility
D-Max: Max Starfall, Max Starfall, Max Mindstorm, Max Mindstorm

Drednaw (M)
Moveset: Muddy Water, Whirlpool, Meteor Beam, Rock Throw
D-Max: G-Max Stonesurge, G-Max Stonesurge, Max Rockfall, Max Rockfall

Charizard (M)
Moveset: Dragon Rage, Flamethrower, Scratch, Sunny Day
D-Max: Max Wyrmwind, G-Max Wildfire, Max Strike, G-Max Wildfire

Is Pikachu a Partner Pikachu and are you planning on evolving them later?

Cinderace cannot learn Inferno.

Gardevoir cannot learn Fleur Cannon, Agility, or Gravity.

Drednaw cannot learn Rock Throw.

Also, Electric Terrain, Sunny Day, Gravity, and Agility are status moves, so their Dynamax moves are Max Guard.

Plusle, Plusle is the stubborn one who makes people laugh
Moves: Electro Ball, Nuzzle, Quick attack, Volt tackle

Greninja, Greninja is calm and arguably the most fastest
Moves: Water Shuriken, Aqua Jet, Hydro Pump, Night Slash

Haxorus, Haxorus is very aggressive and the 3rd best defense
Moves: Dragon Hammer, Flamethrower, Dragon Rage, Ice Beam

Blastoise, Blastoise is the most competitive and the biggest baby on the team, he loves being babied
Moves: Hydro pump, Ice Punch, Scald, Crunch

Snorlax, Snorlax is the most lazy as you guessed and also the best defense
Moves: Fire Punch, Yawn, Body Slam, Mega Punch

Raichu, Raichu is the most loving pokemon and one of the fastest
Moves: Thunder Punch, Electro Web, Iron Tail, Copycat

Plusle cannot learn Volt Tackle. That is the Pikachu line's signature move.

Greninja cannot learn Aqua Jet.

Haxorus cannot learn Dragon Hammer. That is Alolan Exeggutor's signature move (and can be learned by Tropius via breeding). It also cannot learn Flamethrower or Ice Beam.

Raichu cannot learn Copycat.

Last edited:
Greninja cannot learn Extreme Speed, either. Though, I can see the confusion.

But thank you for changing them. They are all accurate now. Except for Extreme Speed on Greninja. Another priority move it can learn is Quick Attack.

Wait, is the Action Contest available to do now or after everyone travels to Turffield and when they get the first badge? Because there is a route that heads straight to Hulbury and then you are supposed to head to Motostoke.

Action Contests are available now, what everyone's character does now if up to you I'm still waiting on a response from Stellar in terms of some story elements that need approval. I'm going to be holding Alito back and doing some small stories with him for some developement towards his Pokemon and Character.

I'm going to be starting the Action Contest likely in my next post for anyone looking to participate

Although, Reggie will need to find another Pokemon to help with this thing.

I was wondering if I can do a random number generator on the weather of some spots of the Wild Area. Just the ones Reggie will be heading towards. They might change as other characters travel to those areas, as well (since I think the weather changes every hour).

Besides Clear Weather, Cloudy, Harsh Sunlight, Rain, and Thunderstorm, would Sandstorm, Snow, Blizzard, and Fog appear, as well? Since those last ones are based on how many badges you all have. And would Star rating Max Raids be dependent on badges, as well? Since it is based on the level (or what we'll use is more experience) of the Pokemon we'll be facing off in a Dynamax battle.

As in a Pokemon (let's just say a Frillish) can only be found in a 1-Star raid (which requires 0 badges) but cannot be found if you get 4 badges. Plus, Dens in South/North Lake Miloch and Giant's Seat won't activate until you get 1 badge.

TL;DR: Do the amount of badges restrict the Pokemon we can reasonably attain like how the games work, or do we have free reign just as long as it isn't ridiculous?

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Action Contests are available now, what everyone's character does now if up to you I'm still waiting on a response from Stellar in terms of some story elements that need approval. I'm going to be holding Alito back and doing some small stories with him for some developement towards his Pokemon and Character.

I'm going to be starting the Action Contest likely in my next post for anyone looking to participate
Presumably that our characters does do the action contests, it's more than likely that they will be competing against each other. How would you suppose that we decide which coordinator would receive the ribbon? Would we have the roleplayers discuss it out with each other? Or would we have the non-participating trainers "judge" to see who would receive the ribbon?

Presumably that our characters does do the action contests, it's more than likely that they will be competing against each other. How would you suppose that we decide which coordinator would receive the ribbon? Would we have the roleplayers discuss it out with each other? Or would we have the non-participating trainers "judge" to see who would receive the ribbon?

On top of that, when is the Action Contest going to start? Is it going to start that day or the next day? Because my character desperately needs a Dynamax Band (not sure if those are given out) and he needs another Pokemon, so he'll be heading towards the Wild Area to find one.

Also, will Action Contests include Dynamaxing, or are the Pokemon too big for their trainer to successfully do anything flashy (not to mention extremely dangerous for the other trainer involved)?

OHHH gotcha.

Well, if we are still allowing me to make a few spots for Reggie to collect a Pokemon or two, there is a Munna in the Watchtower Ruins' Den near the Dappled Grove border, and there is a Honedge (which I couldn't care less about, so I'm only asking to save the Munna for Reggie and anybody can have the Honedge) in a den behind the Watchtower Ruins' tower against the wall.

and if we are allowing me to generate random weather (including ones we normally wouldn't see so early in the game), then the Watchtower Ruins is currently in a Blizzard while Dappled Grove is in a Sandstorm.

EDIT:
If people don't mind, I can also do weather forecasts for all locations anybody is planning to pass through or go to, and I can also figure out which dens are activated, which aren't, and if what Pokemon they have if they are activated. Though, for making it easier on myself, I'll only do 1-Star encounters and I won't do Water Dens, unless someone can swim across the Pokemon-infested waters to a den safely. xD

Apparently, South Lake Miloch, North Lake Miloch, and Giant's Seat don't have active Dens this early on in the game. Not sure if the RP will keep them inactive until after one of us gets a badge, but I wouldn't mind finding stuff about those Dens, either.

It's a lot of work though. XD but I don't mind. Luckily, only 8 Dens are active so far.

Last edited:
Although, Reggie will need to find another Pokemon to help with this thing.

I was wondering if I can do a random number generator on the weather of some spots of the Wild Area. Just the ones Reggie will be heading towards. They might change as other characters travel to those areas, as well (since I think the weather changes every hour).

Besides Clear Weather, Cloudy, Harsh Sunlight, Rain, and Thunderstorm, would Sandstorm, Snow, Blizzard, and Fog appear, as well? Since those last ones are based on how many badges you all have. And would Star rating Max Raids be dependent on badges, as well? Since it is based on the level (or what we'll use is more experience) of the Pokemon we'll be facing off in a Dynamax battle.

As in a Pokemon (let's just say a Frillish) can only be found in a 1-Star raid (which requires 0 badges) but cannot be found if you get 4 badges. Plus, Dens in South/North Lake Miloch and Giant's Seat won't activate until you get 1 badge.

TL;DR: Do the amount of badges restrict the Pokemon we can reasonably attain like how the games work, or do we have free reign just as long as it isn't ridiculous?

@Merciless Medic No you are not restricted for Raid Dens, since it's primarily a Game Centered Law of the universe that would not translate well in a real-life scenario.

@Crimson Sun The winner of an Action Contest can either be discussed by the RPers, or we can do a non-participant giving points. @Merciless Medic I was also going to have this first contest primarily be one Pokemon for the Showcase and then 1v1 for the final stage, so you don't need to worry about Pokemon.

Action Contests will also be starting tomorrow just to give some time for everyone's characters to register.

I have a few ideas for Pokemon I might want have Donald catch via a raid although only one will be caught by said method and I still need to think about his endgame team.

Also, despite the fact Donald's big on style, I don't plan for him to coordinate in Action Contests.