• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Galar: New Generation Discussion

You know, there are many oc gymleaders that haven't really been active, do they even want to rp?
I don’t know. I’m not particularly interested in having Koa be a gym leader (if anything he’d have to become one through the story, and he has different goals anyway), but if all else fails I could introduce an extra character or something. JC should probably do something about this.

I realize that most of the people that play the gym leaders are inactive right now but when it comes to the point where they will be faced stick to the previous gym leaders that have the role of they don't rely soon enough and also your accepted who ever posted their character sheet just now

It’s alright. Also, I know I’m still new to the overall flow of RPing in here, but isn’t two uses of a power-up move PLUS an extra attack move in a single turn/post a little overkill? Shouldn’t it be, like, one move per turn/post or something? I’m not criticizing you, but I’m just trying to figure out what I can and can’t do.

I don't think so, Hone Claws takes about 1-2 seconds, which is plenty long for a lightweight pokemon that jumped high enough to dodge a flamethrower from a Kommo-o, but really, I did the jump instead of going under to give me the extra time

You need to remember that each combat post is about 1-5 seconds, but you just need to not take over the battle and give the other some chances

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to remember that each combat post is about 1-5 seconds, but you just need to not take over the battle and give the other some chances

That’s what I was talking about. Not really a matter of feasibility, but two uses of Hone Claws already make a 2x attack boost, so going for an attack right after that seemed like a bit too much in a single post at first. Well, maybe it’s more of a game VS anime logic question? At the same time though, is there, like, an objective metric of how long certain attacks can take or something? It’d be useful to see it if that’s the case.

I honestly look at the anime to see how long some attacks take but it's mostly guesswork
Sly was only able to do that because she was far enough and flamethrower is a continuous attack, meaning it needs to be channeled
p.s. I know I'm bad at explaining

and besides, compare sneasel's and kommo-o's stats

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Ahem.
I've received a bundle of reports about instances of autoing and hit-forcing in the RP thread associated with this discussion (primarily on EeveeBlueSisters' part apparently).

Friendly reminder that this is not allowed here. You can launch an attack in the general direction of someone else's character but it's not up to you to determine if the attack hit.

Also: friendly reminder that you have en edit button and unless you're bumping a thread after no one posted it in a while and you absolutely need to, you should use that instead of double-posting. We're a forum. Not a discord server. Frog's sake.

For some reason, my post got deleted, so i'm going to have to re-make it, just so it feels less broken for a Villain

Name:Mallet
Sexuality:Straight
Appearance:He Wears Grey-Black Clothing With Spiked Left Black Hair and Yellow Pupils, he also wears a Watch he Stole from a Lab planning to make PC's Accessable from the go, Also wearing a Red scarf in Contrast to his Mainly Black Attire.
Personality:He Is Calm and has his Sense of this World, Taking it upon himself to Make himself Known, makign sure to Check every detail to get the best chance of winning, adding some of his own Unpredictability, his Style Of Combat is Precise and Surprising
Role:Villain.
Title:The Mysterious Blackout
Ace:Gigalith
Pokemon:He has Many at his Disposal, but he mainly uses his Three Strongest.
Gigalith
Blaziken
And Ludicolo
Family:N/A currently
Siblings:N/A
Other:He has Alot of Intelligence, and can Get around many Situations even without his Pokemon.

Hello, I just want to say that my earlier post is now obsolete as Raven will become a part of team Abyss, he will need to diversify, also three dark type users is a bit too much
p.s. if you know of any good/cool mammalian dual types that could fit the bill, please let me know, I have to recalculate all my notes.

Alright, I’m back for take 2. Changes have been made, and as always, contact me on discord at Rail#0549 if you have any questions. With that out of the way, here we go!

Name - Rail
Sexuality - Straight
Gender - Male
Age - 13
Appearance - Blue hoodie with black shorts, blue-dyed hair, and wears goggles and a mask, with green eyes
Personality - Unsure and inquisitive, but still friendly and calm.
Role - Trainer
Title - The Blue Prodigy
Ace - Cinderace
Pokemon:

Name - Amber
Species - Cinderace
Gender - Female
Personality - Friendly and hard-working
Moves - Pyro Ball, Double Kick, Flame Charge, and Low Sweep
Ability - None

Name - NightingGale
Species - Gardevoir
Gender - Female
Personality - Caring and Friendly
Moves - Moonblast, Shadow Ball, Psychic, and Protect

Name - Spider Man
Species - Galvantula
Gender - Male
Personality - Upbeat and excited, but also tough
Moves - Discharge, Volt Switch, Gaston Acid, and Bug Buzz

Name - Teardrop
Species - Swampert
Gender - Male
Personality - Happy and Raring to fight
Moves - High Horsepower, Hydro Pump, Sludge Wave, and Rock Throw

Name - Fern
Species - Leafeon
Gender - Male
Personality - Smug
Moves - Leaf Blade, Seed Bomb, X-Scissor, and Double Kick

Name - Regal
Species - Corviknight
Gender - Male
Personality - Full of themselves
Moves - Steel Wing, Brave Bird, Dual Wingbeat, and Flash Cannon

Family - In Hoenn, that’s why Rail has a swampert.
Siblings - None

And, that’s about it.

New but I’d like to join <.>

Name: Elger Pooch

Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: Elger’s pretty tall standing at 5’11”. He brown skinned and has a slim build. Up top he usually has on his favorite orange beanie that’s kinda beat up and his glasses. He prefers to dress comfortably in his baggy beige sweater and dark blue cargo pants, with brown sandals on his feet. He doesn’t have a trainer belt just a one-strap black book bag with a huge magikarp pin on it.

Personality: He a pretty distant kid that doesn’t talk much around new people. He’s not awkward, he’s usually just thinking about Pokémon strategies and teams. He’s pretty respectful but rebellious by nature and would rather learn things his way. Very stubborn. He invites a challenge and isn’t afraid to battle anyone at any time. Once he warms up to you you’ll see the goofier side of him. He loves joking and listening to music with Xatu. He is easily distracted by women though and Xatu always has to reel him in. Him and Xatu have a funny relationship like that. Also if it doesn’t involve Pokémon his memory is pretty bad.

Role: Challenger

Title: Traveler

Ace: Lucy [F] Rhyhorn

Pokémon:
Name: X
Species: Xatu
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Calm
Moves: Teleport, Psychic, Feather Dance, Air Slash
Other: Has the expert belt wrapped around its head.

Name: Lucy
Species: Rhyhorn
Ability: Rockhead
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Counter, Scary Face, Bulldoze, Dragon Rush
join<.>

Name: CJ
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: He wears a Challenger Uniform with 600 on the back. He has red smoothed hair
Personality: He is funny sometimes, and prefers to have friends.
Role: Trainer
Title: Pokemon Master
Ace: Hydreigon
Pokemon:
Hydreigon
Male
Draco Meteor, Dragon Rush, Hyper Beam, Crunch

Lycanroc (Midnight Form)
Female
Stone Edge, Counter, Power-Up Punch, Close Combat

Family: Father, Mother (missing)
Siblings:N/A