• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Galactic Platinum

"Stuff-ul!" Snuffles the Stufful cried happily.
"Isn't it magnificent?" Adrian Lance marveled, gazing at the massive Mt. Coronet.
Adrian, his parents, and his sister named Emi had traveled from their home in Alola to Sinnoh. Their pet Stufful named Snuffles had come along as well. They planned to climb Mt. Coronet, and explore the nearby cities and towns. Adrian was especially excited to see new Pokemon.
"Look over there! It's Roark!" Emi whispered, pointing to a young man.
"You're right. I can't believe it."
Snuffles climbed on Adrian's shoulder, and squeaked. Roark turned to see Adrian, Emi, and Snuffles.

Walking down Route 201, Sakuna walked passed the tall grass along with her Riolu. In the distance, she saw the Pokémon lab.

"We made it Reiki! Sandgem town is just up ahead, we'll get a new friend to start our journey soon." She said happily.

"Ri!" Reiki jumped.

"I can't wait, let's go!" She exclaimed as she ran, but then trips and fell face first. "Ow..."

"Ri?" Reiki stood next to Sakuna.

"I'm okay, we still have a long way to be a great trainer like Hikona. Let's do our best to reach that level alright?" She said.

"Ri!" Reiki agreed, raising his paw.

They then ran to Sandgem town in hopings of getting a starter there.

"Roark!" Emi called.
"Uh, hey," Roark smiled, not knowing who they were.
"My name's Emi, and this is my brother Adrian."
"Hello Emi and Adrian," Roark said.
"Adrian is always on the lookout for cool new Pokemon. Do you know anywhere we can see some?"
"Well, Adrian, have you considered going on a journey?" Roark asked.
"Uh... I'm only 16," Adrian said.
"It's a lot of fun, and you get to see all sorts of Pokemon."
"Well, my family is here on vacation. I can't just set out on a journey," Adrian explained. He wasn't too brave, so a journey seemed scary.
"I'll pay for your flight back. I promise. And I'll have the Gym Leaders keep an eye out for you and make sure you're okay. Ask your parents."
"That's a great idea!" Emi cheered. Snuffles squeaked happily.
Suddenly, Adrian's dad walked up.
"Dad, can Adrian go on a journey around Sinnoh?" Emi asked.
"Absolutely!" Dad beamed, "A journey is great for young people. It helps them grow."
"Amazing," Roark smiled, "I'll take you to Sandgem Town to get a starter Pokemon."
"B-but," Adrian stuttered. It was too late to say anything. He was going on a journey whether he wanted to or not...

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Eric got into Sandgem town and headed for the Laboratory. He had been to both Hoenn and Alola. Both experiences were short, but Eric did get his first Pokémon in Hoenn. As he entered he greeted the professor in... an informal way," Wassup prof!" Professor Rowan turned around and saw the teenager in his black and white attire. "It's... nice to meet you child," he said. "I'm a teen, so get your facts right. Anyways mah name is Eric and I'm here to get a Pokédex," Eric replied. "No Pokémon?" Rowan asked suspiciously. The 'teen' as he called himself, looked to immature to be a trainer, and to go on a journey sounds ludicrous in his mind. "Ye. I already got a cool Pokémon. Now give the Pokédex up, also some balls and a gym case would be guchy, too," he answered. Believe it or not, he was trying to be as polite as possible... and failing miserably. But the difference between how he usually greets people is,'The hell are you lame-o?" So, "Wassup prof!" is ... more polite? "OK, then. I'll get you Pokéballs, and a Pokédex and a Gym Case," the professor said. He didn't trust the trainer, but if he already had a Pokémon, he was probably going on a journey. And if he couldn't stop him, the next best thing would be to help him. He got the items Eric requested, which Eric snatched and left the room. But not before shouting,"See you later! Maybe."

"Yo! Professor!" Lezane called as he opened the door to Professor Rowan's lab. The Professor turned to look at Lezane as he entered.
"Ah, hello there, Mr. Redman. It's been a few weeks." Professor Rowan greeted. Lezane casually strolled up to the Professor and shook his hand. Rowan had to admit, while the boy didn't take a lot of stuff seriously, he still got the job done. Lezane was a Sinnoh native and he was a tremendous help at the lab.
"That it has, Professor," Lezane responded.
"I take it you're here for your first Pokemon?" Lezane nodded. "Have you made your choice, then?"
"Yes, I have. I'd like a Chimchar." Professor Rowan complied with the boy's request and handed him a Chimchar's Pokeball, along with everything else Lezane would need. Pokeballs and a Pokedex. Lezane sent out his new partner. Apparently the Chimchar was male, according to the Pokedex. The Chimchar climbed up to Lezane's shoulder. "How does the nickname Wukong sound, huh?" He asked his new partner. After thinking about it for a minute, the Chimchar seemed to like the name and gave a nod.

Upon reaching the lab, Sakuna couldn't contain her excitement. She then opened the door and entered.

"Kon'nichiwa~, Professor Rowan." She happily greeted, walking in and noticing both the Professor and another boy there.

"Hm? Oh, Sakuna. You're actually on time." He said as he checked us watch.

"Well, Hikona did say that you don't like when people are late." She remembered.

"I see, that cousin of yours gave you an advice of something she did wrong." He replied, remembering the time that one trainer came in late.

"Ri!" Reiki tapped his paw on Sakuna's leg and pointed at the Chimchar near the boy.

"Oh right, can I choose my starter now?"

"Hm," he brought out a briefcase and opened it, showing three Pokéballs." These will be your choices, take your time."

Sakuna looked at the three Pokéballs and remembered what starter Pokémon her cousin has told her." I pick this one." She took a Pokéball from the briefcase and toss it up.

As the energy reformed into a physical shape, it formed into a Piplup. It looked around before looking at Sakuna. "Pip?" It tilted its head.

"Aw~, your cuter that I thought." She said as she crouched and picked up the Piplup." Hello Piplup, do you want to be my friend?"

The Piplup took a while to think before nodding happily."Pip!"

"Hmm, I think I'll call you..." Sakuna thinks for a moment. "Lazuli, do you like it?"

"Pip!" Lazuli agreed.

"This is Reiki, I think you two will be great friends as well." She then placed Lazuli next to Reiki.

The two Pokémon took a while before happily greeted with each other.

"You might need these as well." Professor Rowan then brought in five Pokéballs and a Pokédex.

"Thank you Professor." She thanked as she received the items from Professor Rowan.

"I really don't need the Turtwig, Professor. But thank you," Adrian said. Roark had taken him to Sandgem Town to get a starter Pokemon. But he already had Snuffles. Adrian had seen there other trainers.
"Sure you do," Professor Rowan nodded.
"No, seriously," Adrian said.
"I'll make sure he catches another Pokemon soon Row," Roark assured.
"Alright," Rowan said.
Adrian looked at the other trainers, wondering what they were like.

Noticing another trainer recieving his starter, Sakuna couldn't help but to squeal when she saw the Stufful next to the trainer. She made a quick dash and picked up the Stufful with no hesitations and started to cuddle the flailing Pokémon.

"Aw~, aren't you just the cutest thing I've ever seen." She said as she rubbed her cheeks against the Stufful's cheek.

Both her Pokémon looked at each other confused, Reiki simply shrugged and motioned Lazuli to follow him. They then went to around the lab, seeing the amount of stuff they were to be able to check while their trainer was busy.

"Uh, what are you doing?" Adrian asked. But Snuffles squeaked happily. He was loving it.
"Stu-Stuff!" Snuffles cried happily.
"Miss, that's my Stufful you have there," Adrian said. Snuffles stuck his tongue out at Adrian.
"Never mind," Adrian sighed, shaking his head.

Lezane looked over upon hearing someone squealing about something or another. He saw a girl, the one who had just selected a Piplup from Professor Rowan, dash over and cuddle another trainer's Pokemon. It looked like a big teddy bear. Lezane had to admit, the Pokemon did look adorable. "D'aww, that's adorable." Lezane chuckled as he walked over. "I think your Pokemon likes the chick they just met better than you." He teased.

"Snuffles, my Stufful, he gets a little excited at times," Adrian explained.
"Fuuuuul!" Snuffles squealed.
"Professor Rowan, could I have some Pokeballs?" Adrian asked. The professor nodded.
"So what's your name?" Adrian asked the boy.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Eric was sitting at a bench near the professor's lab. Where, not one, not two, not even three, but four people walked past him! "WHAT?!?" he shouted. He marched over to the crowd of people and heard someone ask,"So what's your name?" That was the final straw for Eric. "MY NAME IS ERIC AND ALL YOU IDIOTS ARE GONNA PAY FOR IGNORING ME!!! PROFESSOR YOU SHOULD LEAVE NOW! THINGS ARE GONNA GET DIIIRTY!" he yelled while pulling up his sleeves. "Who wants a piece of me?!?!? HUH?! ARE ALL YOU GUYS TOO CHICKEN?!" he asked insanely.

"Uh... I didn't ask you about your name," Adrian said, uncertainly. Snuffles hopped out of the girl's arms, and assumed an attack position in front of Adrian. Snuffles didn't look intimidating, but he could pack a punch.
"Stuf," Snuffles said, trying to sound tough.

As the Stuffel jumped out of Sakuna's arms, she didn't notice or hear the person yelling.

"Aaw, I wanted to cuddle you a little longer.." She said.

Both Reiki and Lazuli heard the yelling and ran back to their trainer, seeing the angered trainer as a threat, they got infront of Sakuna and readied themselves.

"Hm? Oh, when were you here?" Sakuna blindly asked the enraged trainer.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"DOES IT LOOK LIKE I CARE?!?" Eric asked maniacally. Then, he laughed and calmed down. "You know what? What am I doing? I don't have time for noobs like you when I'm going to become a champion. Besides, I don't have time for a baby Pokémon like you're dumb Stufful. OR THE REST OF YOUR DUMB POKEMON!" he shouted. Then, he heard someone ask when he got here. "Nevermind... let's start over and all be friends. That sounds nice, right?" he asked while pretending to act nicely. Eric didn't care about any of the trainers, he just wanted to know their weaknesses. And a common adage is to keep your friends close and your enemies closer. And right now his only friend is his Pokémon which is always close.

Wukong glared at the trainer who had yelled at them. Lezane just let out a small chuckle. "Sorry my man, but you don't seem to be the kinda person I'd like to get to know," Lezane said, giving a small shrug of his shoulders. He pointed a finger at Adrian. "To answer your question, though, the name's Lezane, Sinnohan expert, and overall pretty laid back guy." Lezane said as he walked towards the door. "See you guys around, maybe."

Adrian watched as Lezane walked out of the lab.
That guy was cool, Adrian thought, But who's the crazy wacko?
"Alrighty yelly-guy," Luke said, shyly, "What's your name anyways?"

After watching what has transpired, Sakuna stood there confused of the events that happened. Hearing that the trainer that yelled sounded friendly she turned to look at him.

"Sure, we'll be great friends. My name is Sakuna." She introduced herself, smiling while letting out her 'innocent' aura.

Reiki felt the aura and started jumping happily, Lazuli simply followed.

"Well, that dude was a jerk, eh, Wukong?" Lezane asked, looking to the chimp-like Pokemon on his shoulder. The small Fire-Type gave a "Char!" of confirmation, agreeing with his new trainer. Lezane chuckled. As the pair made their way to the next route, Lezane looked out over it. "So, this is where it starts." Lezane murmured. "Whaddya say we go and try to catch a Pokemon, yeah?"

Reiki ceased his happy jumping and tapped Sakuna's leg, causing her to look down.

"Hm? What is it Reiki?" She asked.

"Ri!" Reiki exclaimed, pointing at the door to remind her of why she was here.

". . ., Ah! I forgot!" Sakuna said as she turned to the other trainers. " So sorry, but I have to start my journey now! Sayonara!"

She ran a few feet before tripping and landing on her face... again.

"Itee~. Pardon me." She said before standing up and ran to the door before heading back to them. "Sorry, I almost forgot you two." She picked up both Reiki and Lazuli before running out the door for real.

Outside, Sakuna ran quickly to the next but didn't notice the trainer she was soon going to bump into.

Adrian walked outside of the lab. The loud boy hadn't even said what his name was. How rude.
"Wait! Adrian!" Roark called, running over, "I promised Professor Rowan that I'd help you catch another Pokemon."
"Snuffles is fine with me," Adrian said, "I don't need another Pokemon."
"Sure you do," Roark said, "Look over there! A Bidoof! We can try to catch it!"
"No, Roark, really," Adrian said, "I don't know if I'm ready for a journey."
"Nonsense," Roark said, "But I understand if you're nervous about catching a Pokemon. Maybe in Oreburgh City you can come over to the mine, and I'll see if I can get you a fossil Pokemon. But I really do advise that you catch a Pokemon on your own."
Roark walked off. Adrian turned to the Bidoof. He locked eyes with it, and grinned. Snuffles leapt off of his shoulder, and towards the Bidoof.

Lezane was thinking about what Pokemon he wanted to catch. According to the Pokedex, Bidoof and Shinx were the most common Pokemon on the Route. Apparently, Buneary could be found as well. An Electric-Type would be nice, but it wouldn't be of much help at the first Gym. Rock-Types. Unless Wukong managed to evolve before fighting Roark, he didn't stand a chance. Lezane guessed Shinx would be his first Pokemon to catch. He was about to head out to find one before he felt someone bump into his back. Lezane fell forward and comically faceplanted while Wukong leapt off his trainer's shoulder and landed next to him on his feet. The Fire-Type chuckled.

Sakuna accidentally bumped into the trainer and fell back due to the bump, dropping both Reiki and Lazuli.

"Itee~, what did I hit?" Sakuna questioned, looking forward and noticed the trainer on the ground.

". . . AH!! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you!" She quickly got up and ran beside the trainer, apologising to him.

Reiki got up, slightly dizzy. He looked towards his trainer before looking at Lazuli who was on her back, trying to get up. He went and helped Lazuli getting up.

"Piplup!" She thanked.

Riolu nodded before they both ran to their trainer.

"Don't worry about it," Lezane replied, although his voice was slightly muffled by the ground. Lezane waved his hand in the air dismissively before he pushed himself up and stood up again. He chuckled a bit. "It's not a big deal. I have a feeling I'll be getting dirty a lot during this adventure, so it ain't somethin' that really bugs me." Lezane shrugged. "I think I saw you at the lab, didn't catch your name though. I'm Lezane." He stated, holding out his hand for a handshake. Wukong managed to jump back onto Lezane's shoulder.

Sakuna sighed in relieve after the trainer, Lezane, shrugged off the event. Hearing Lezane asking for her name and offered a handshake, she shook his hand.

"My name is Sakuna, it's nice to bump into you." She said strangely, letting out her 'innocent' aura as she smiled kindly.

"Rio!" Reiki once again jumped happily after sensing her aura with Lazuli joining.

Adrian entered Jubilife City, where he met back up with Emi, Mom, and Dad. Emi gave him a quick hug, Mom gave him two Potions, and Dad handed him a Great Ball. They all wished him luck on his journey. Mom reminded him he could always call her on his phone. They all asked if he had caught any more Pokemon. He nodded, and showed them his new Bidoof, called Doof. Emi laughed at a little bit, until their parents hushed her. After a few more minutes of goodbyes, Adrian set off towards Oreburgh City.