• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

G5 RU Team (Please give me feedback)

I have been using this team on Pokemon Online for quite a while, and so far, it has been able to hold its own quite well whether it is in PO (Which it is in UU) or Smogon (Making it RU). The reason I post it here is to see if any of you have any feedback as to how it could work better, or even some strategies to help it excel more in the metagame. (Excuse me if the format happens to be a bit off. I CP'd this from PO, and it uses what I call Smogon Notation there.)

Without further ado...

DangerZone (Scolipede) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide

My spikes/toxic spikes lead. It is meant to get up a few hazards and, if it is lucky, deal some damage while it is at it.

Sam (Floatzel) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Brick Break
- Switcheroo

Either using banded Aqua Jet, or using Switcheroo to trap a utility pokemon, Sam is a pretty decent member of my team.

Denkumo (Galvantula) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Compoundeyes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Energy Ball

With the stats it possesses, and a sure-fire STAB Thunder boosted by Specs at the ready, it can usually sweep most teams lacking resistance to its blitzkrieg.

Max (Dugtrio) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute

Although Dugtrio is fragile, it is one hell of a revenge killer, allowing it to take down so much before it finally endures a hero's defeat.

Ganonpork (Emboar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Brutality at its greatest, Ganon finally found a pokemon form and has a nice looking scarf as well. With a great variety of moves that can put even an Infernape to shame if used right, Emboar is a worthy choice.

Grasswhistle (Lilligant) (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Petal Dance
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Last but DEFINITELY not least, Lilligant. She is quite sneaky, using Sleep Powder to knock out a pokemon before setting up a few Quiver Dances before entering her flawless Petal Dance to mow down any fools who oppose her. The Lum Berry of course deals with Burn, Toxic, Paralysis, Sleep... Anything that would cut her graceful dance short.

Now that I have told you my team, I want your feedback. Is it good? Bad? Could I use the pokemon here better? I want to know!

~Drakkon

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Your movesets are good, but your overall team could be better. First thing of note is the fact that half of your team is NU, so already there's better Pokemon available to you for that reason alone. Secondly, you have no solid defenders in a tier where the better Taunt/Substitute users are absent, leading right onto the fact that some of the best sweepers in RU would trash your entire team with a single turn of setup, which isn't helped at all by the fact that you have three Pokemon using Choice items, which very easily turns them into setup bait.

As an example, Feraligatr is RU. One Dragon Dance lets him outspeed everyone on your team, at which point the only thing with even a slight chance of stopping him laying waste to you is Dugtrio's Sucker Punch, which isn't killing 'Gatr unless he's already taken severe damage. Another lesser example is Porygon-Z; you have no-one resistant to Normal-types at all, and Pory-Z's Scarf set outspeeds everyone you have and lets him spam Tri Attack freely to pick off whoever he wants to (again, excluding possibly Dugtrio.)

You clearly understand how to make good movesets, but considering what the RU tier has in it on top of just the aforementioned, I'm at a loss as to how you've possibly done "quite well" with this.