• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Future Expectations for Ash's team (Big Ass Spoilers)

It's very random theme that just shot cross my mind. It's basically what you expect from Ash to do with his team Pokemon. Here is my example: I think (according to Bulbanews that aired quite some time ago) that Ash will catch a Meguroko, which is a cool Pokemon, so I really hope all of his Pokemon (exept Pikachu) will evolve into their final stages so Ash would have at least one fully evolved Water - type starter. I also hope to see his Totodile, Quilava, Corphish and Gible evolve. And it would be cool to see his Pidgeot he left ~10 years ago. So, post your expects and thoughts on what you would like to see/you wouldn't like to see on Ash's team. Cya!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Future Expectations for Ash's team

He already has a full team in Best Wishes, so I think a few of them will evolve, but nothing else. Ash's old Pokemon won't appear in Isshu at all.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

precita said:
He already has a full team in Best Wishes, so I think a few of them will evolve, but nothing else. Ash's old Pokemon won't appear in Isshu at all.

Pretty well my thoughts on it, too, but I'm pretty sure Ash hasn't caught his sixth Pokemon yet...

I think this will be another league where Ash doesn't dip into his reserves, much like the Hoenn league was. He's much more likely to use only his Isshu caught Pokemon + Pikachu.

That said... I do have my eyes on Gible. Maybe it wouldn't happen this saga, but I could see Ash bringing Gible back for future seasons - maybe a spin-off adventure after Isshu? It's the only Pokemon on Ash's Sinnoh team that didn't get to advance much (aside from finally controlling Draco Meteor once or twice), so it definitely still has lots of untapped potential. Guess we'll see.

Linkachu said:
precita said:

Pretty well my thoughts on it, too, but I'm pretty sure Ash hasn't caught his sixth Pokemon yet...

I think this will be another league where Ash doesn't dip into his reserves, much like the Hoenn league was. He's much more likely to use only his Isshu caught Pokemon + Pikachu.

That said... I do have my eyes on Gible. Maybe it wouldn't happen this saga, but I could see Ash bringing Gible back for future seasons - maybe a spin-off adventure after Isshu? It's the only Pokemon on Ash's Sinnoh team that didn't get to advance much (aside from finally controlling Draco Meteor once or twice), so it definitely still has lots of untapped potential. Guess we'll see.

I'd absolutely love for Gible to return. Also, I can see Ash getting 8 or 9 Pokemon in this region as it draws so many parallels with Kanto. He already has 5 Pokemon with a 6th soon on the way, so it seems unlikely that he'd stick with the same team for so long.

Re: Future Expectations for Ash's team (Spoilers)

Like Katie and Toastie, I definitely would love to see Gible return and evolve. After Cyndaquil went and evolved after a decade, I feel that anything can happen regarding Ash's old Pokemon. XD

I'd love to see Ash's Pokemon evolve this time around though I know there is always the chance they won't. In particular, I want Oshawott (nearly called it Mijumaru there XD) to evolve so that Ash gets a fully evolved water starter as prj126 mentioned. Most of all, I'd like to see some team rotation. Unova has so many awesome (at least design-wise) Pokemon that I'd like Ash to own (i.e. Kirikizan) so I'd like for him to have a variety. As Best Wishes is suppose to throw back to season one, I have high hopes that this will happen. It would definitely make up for not seeing any of his older Pokemon.

Ash always focuses on the same pokemon throughout a saga, I don't think he'll capture a lot of pokemon at all. The starters are basically advertisements and they need a lot of focus anyway, so Ash can't drop them for other Isshu Pokemon.

I'm more interested in Iris and Dento's team. Iris doesn't seem to be sticking to dragon types only, so her team won't be as predictable and dull as Misty's was. I'd like to see Dento get some new Pokemon too.

It'll take a lot for Ash's team this time to become as awesome as the Sinnoh team was. That was his strongest team (excluding Charizard), and hopefully its not anything like some of his older teams, which were awful.

I like the idea of starting all over with just your starter, but in the game it just doesn't work like that, playing HG/SS and taking off to Kanto will be a pain having to travel by bike when you need to fly, cut, surf, strength, etc. So it's rather unfair...

New voice actors anybody? lol, I don't know but I have a feeling (or paranoia) that they're going to just hire new people for the new region (maybe not Isshu/Unova) but sometime... I am hoping for a new character to focus on though than Ash+New character

Okay, so if it does draw parallels to Kanto, then we should see something similar to Orange Islands Adventure, then a different region travels where he uses old Pokemon. But after I thought about it all, Gible draws many parallels to Phanpy and Aipom. I mean, they both were caught at the end of Ash's journey in that region and they both got a lot more attention in a different region (Phanpy rejoins Ash at the beginning of Battle Frontier and later evolves, and Aipom follows him to Sinnoh, where it is used in two gym battles before she is traded for Buizel). I don't know, I'd rather see a Wargle instead of Pidove on his team. There is a rumor that Pidove will leave when it falls in love with another Pidove. Then it will be similar to Butterfree: first captured Pokemon in the region, fell in in love and were released. And I have high hopes for Ash to battle Shooti and see one of Ash's Pokemon evolve, like Oshawott or maybe Tepig, or the Pokemon that will hatch from the egg in BW017. Hope it's a Meguroko, I mean Sandile.

PokeGirlPraure said:
Okay, so if it does draw parallels to Kanto, then we should see something similar to Orange Islands Adventure
The only reason the Orange Isles Saga happened was that the Kanto Saga was ridiculously short xD
Since Ash hasn't even faced the second gym leader yet I doubt that there will be a filler season. Still, you never know...

I know Ash's Oshawott and Snivy evolve (since i looked at the picture on serbbi net when theay introduced the Unova starter evolouton's) but I dont know if Tepig will evolve.

Anyway,yeah it will be good if Gible came in the Unova leuge and evolved the same way as Cyndaquil did. Also Ash's egg hatches into a Zuruggu.

That artwork in question was actually for a specific episode in the anime where Janovy and Futachimaru appear. It doesn't serve at all as evidence of whether or not Oshawott and Snivy are evolving, mind you.

Personally, I have mixed feelings about Oshawott evolving. Futachimaru and Daikenki are incredibly badass and lord knows Ash needs to frelling evolve another one of his water Pokemon besides Kingler. On the other hand, I love Oshawott's personality so much, I just don't see it being all goofy when it evolves.

Gym 3
-Tepig
-Oshawott
-Snivy
-Scraggy
-Pidove
-Pikachu

Gym 4
-Tepig
-Servine
-Oshawott
-Scraggy
-Pidove
-Pikachu

Gym 5
-Pignite
-Servine
-Oshawott
-Scraggy
-Tranquill
-Pikachu

Gym 6
-Pignite
-Servine
-Dewott
-Scraggy
-Tranquill
-Pikachu

Gym 7
-Pignite
-Servine
-Dewott
-Scrafty
-Tranquill
-Pikachu

Gym 8
-Pignite
-Servine
-Dewott
-Scrafty
-Tranquill
-Pikachu

League
-Emboar
-Servine
-Dewott
-Scrafty
-Tranquill
-Pikachu

Afterwards
-Emboar
-Serperior
-Dewott
-Scrafty
-Unfezant
-Pikachu

I reckon that Ash will keep Emboar, Serperior, Pikachu and Dewott for the filler arc/Gen 6.
I also think that he could rotate with some other new Pokemon, such as Bisharp. Bisharp is manly and ace.

Also, here's hoping James gets Maractus and Jessie Woobat evolved. Also, Jessie needs Gothita and/ore Leavanny.

I'm actully happy Ash got Zuruggu, which has been since the showing off all the new gen...er's....my favorite pokemon out of the new group....and one of my top five now. Thou we don't know if Zuruggu is male or female unlike the rest of Ash's team, Snivy and Pidove are female and the other three are male. It's personality it a welcome to balance out O's attention seeking addituide and Snivy's stuck up one. It's also the first pokemon that we've seen with anger problems...or at least a pathetic/funning ragger....well other than Primape but he was only with Ash for two episodes.

Hmmm... BW018 was interesting... Ash finally got more than 6 Pokemon in the same region. So now we will probably see rotation. Still hoping he'll get Sandile and Braviary. So this is what Ash's team looks like right now:

Pikachu (duh)
Pidove
Oshawott
Tepig
Snivy
Scraggy
Sewaddle

But what actually interests me more than his team is this: who did he send his spare Pokemon to? Both Serebii and Bulbapedia says it's Juniper, but why not Oak is beyond me. Also, Snortale, Japanese event shows us that Zuruggu (Scraggy, whatever) is male.

Well Personly i think it would be cool if his butterfree returned to him in a time of need and i think hes going to get a Archen