• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Fulmination's Rejuvenation [Discussion]

Well, if you do become not interested in it any longer, we would like you to take your character away from the RP somehow, like "he ventures off alone" or whatever, so we don't have that happen again and someone doesn't get stuck trying to interact with your character when you decide to leave, and we would also like it if you told us you quit, so we won't have to wait for you.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Well, if you do become not interested in it any longer, we would like you to take your character away from the RP somehow, like "he ventures off alone" or whatever, so we don't have that happen again and someone doesn't get stuck trying to interact with your character when you decide to leave, and we would also like it if you told us you quit, so we won't have to wait for you.
Sorry it felt awkward :( you can just say I loss or something and then went to other places in alola...

Oh, I also want to give anyone the OK to have known Colress from past RPs, or... you know the Unova stuff, or whatever. Just let me know how they would have known each other by IC description or a post here. I'm not going to automatically assume he recognizes someone in case you don't want old RPs in your characters continuity.

If I saw that, and they weren't holding hands, I would see them as siblings, too. XD Any female and male pair that I see in real life that act close and look similar would make me think they are siblings, less commonly, good friends, especially if there is an adult nearby. So it could've been entirely possible that they saw them as siblings. xD 'Cause I do it all the time. XD

Doesn't matter if their Pokemon are in love with each other, either. XD I have a few Pokemon between Pyros and Poito and Shade that are in love with each other. XD

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
... no offense but (I know this might sound offensive but really I don’t mean to offend anyone) maybe your OC’s are thinking that way because that’s how you think and you’re making them think the way you are even tho that might not be true?

No offense taken. XD It makes sense for people to put their own thoughts and beliefs in their characters because it is difficult to have a completely fresh character with all new bias that you've never experienced before from anyone else or yourself. I try to be different with some of my characters (self-insert, not included XD)

It is completely fine for someone to think they are siblings, although someone can see the same cloaked figures and think they are dating or are really great friends. It's how you perceive it and, generally, people who are of an open mind tend to find it easier to make characters that have a different perspective than they do, but that doesn't make it any less challenging.

Even though meta-gaming and meta-roleplaying is a thing, where you just know what they are because the roleplayer read their history and, as such, their OC knows the other character's history, even without hearing or knowing them from before or from anyone else, you can have your OC know if they are dating, friends, or siblings because of their perspective. That's fine. And besides, most of us all have some kind of belief or perspective that our OCs share because, in some aspects, they are extensions of ourselves, whether we make them completely like us or not.

Is there any new trainers?! lollll

Nice grammar XD

But my self-insert is practically a new trainer. CrazyCoolKid's Avon is, I think. Top_Smug_'s April Haw is a new trainer.

And Pyros and Poito are there for my character, and my character isn't too strong. Sean's a Gym Leader, and I'm assuming some trainers who are starting out or have come to Unova to travel are starting over at least. Like C65's Luke.

There are some beginning Trainers, and Trainers who ditched their main team to go full ash. Also Gyms scale to the person fighting them. So for example if you come in with a strong team, Colress is going to use his best against theirs.

todoroki

Previously gamora
angelo's only got a shedinja (which doesn't really battle) a liepard (who's really the only one he uses to battle much) a koffing (who doesn't battle either) and a qwilfish (who's just starting to battle).

all lee has is an electrike.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Oh, I also want to give anyone the OK to have known Colress from past RPs, or... you know the Unova stuff, or whatever. Just let me know how they would have known each other by IC description or a post here. I'm not going to automatically assume he recognizes someone in case you don't want old RPs in your characters continuity.

I'm just gonna assume this all takes place after the Almia tournament, I do have April with me after all. So I'll just recognize him from there.

Although, when I mean beginning or something, I mean they are just starting to become a trainer. They are new to being a trainer. I wasn't saying that they are new because they have starting Pokemon.

todoroki

Previously gamora
not every rp has to be a collect the badges tho... much more than four players doing gyms is hectic as hell, as proved by an rp that kind of led to this after it got chaotic and all over the place. in most regions in the anime iirc, ash was the only one in his group who got badges. ik, ik, this isn't the anime w/e but like... not everyone needs to get them, if a few characters are getting it it's fine.

Yea, here are the goals of my characters:

Sean is a gym leader, so he'll be giving out badges and testing anyone who comes by. He'll have more Pokemon at his gym than the aforementioned 8 that I put on his character sheet.

Pyros is there to help Natalia train because Natalia has heard of Shade through Professor Juniper after Juniper asked Shade to see if she'd like to help Natalia with her anxiety, to which she responded by having Pyros come over.

Poito is in the Unova region to study the bugs there and what kinds of toxins and venom the Pokemon have.

Natalia is a new trainer who would be going for the badges, but is mainly there for the adventure aspect and wants to be a collector, so she'll be trying to collect every Pokemon in Unova, which is why she needs the help of Pyros and Poito to take care of them all.

Well, this RP is more focused on character development and what your character wants to be. It doesn't have to be for the badges. At all. They can participate in the musical, they can do other things that doesn't require them to collect badges and go for the gym challenge. They can just collect Pokemon or do something else. If you don't feel like this is the Pokemon journey for you, then you don't have to participate. But I think you should give it a try, since it is a slightly newer concept.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
PS my character bio may be bad cuz I do lists and stuff and is it ok if I don't include Personality cuz it just feels strange describing how they act because it's easier for their personality to be seen through me actually rping as them. If it is necessary I understand and I'll try.

We would still like at least a skeleton of what their personality is. Sorry, but better safe to have it documented. Although, I do understand just roleplaying it out, but it would be better if you filled out the Personality form.

We've already gotten on someone for not filling out their Personality form appropriately, so I'm telling you that now. XD

Also, it's okay to do lists. But your character sheet reflects how you'll do in your RP. Also a reminder that IF you do get accepted, the minimum for posts is two paragraphs.