• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Friend Codes on Wide World

i have animal crossing ww on ds and i dont undertsand how the friend codes work.

do i need a wifi adaptor for it to work with people across the world? im form australia, and i DO have a wifi adap. but it wont install on my computer, even after ringing nintendo etc.

how would i get a friend code, i know i have to say somehting to copper but im still a bit confused about friend codes on 'wide world'.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, you will need the Wifi adapter to work in order to connect to the WiFi Connection (aka. Nintendo's DS internet service), unless you already have a wireless connection at home... and I'm assuming you don't.

What sort of problems are you facing when installing it? It could be your PC's security blocking it from working, or there's a chance your operating system isn't compatible.

Either way, until you can properly connect to the WFC, you'll never be able to get your friend ID. Any chance you could take your DS to a WiFi hotspot, or maybe even a friends home that has wireless internet?

yeah,. ive found a hotspot, but its in a completely different town to where i live. im going there at the end of the year, so meh.
but yeah, when i try to install the adaptor, it said i have to like.. disable network bridge and internet somthing arather.. i managed it fine, except for the internet one.. it refused to disable.
i called one of the helplines and i was one the pone for like half an hour to the lady, but we couldnt figure it out :(
lol and now ive lost the installlation disc -_-
itll be somewhere in my hell of a wardrobe...