• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Should there be fan trolls?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Ok, I think it's time to make like, 4-6 trolls. I'm gonna do what's called a pro gamer move and make a character sheet for trolls, aight? Also, to be original, the trolls are gonna be in their OWN session and the kids in THEIR session, at the same time. Feel free for your trolls to die!

Make sure your troll names mean something and a creative symbol!
I have an idea for my troll, can we take our symbols from the official extended zodiac?

Do you have a set template for trolls or do we have to make our own?

Also, what purpose will the trolls serve in the story if they're not interacting with the kids? Will the sessions eventually converge á la canon HS or will they just remain separate? Because if so, as much as I love the trolls, I don't see what adding them really gets us in terms of the story we're currently setting up.

Spachino

Previously El Spazzino
I'm gonna make a template eventually because I'm either busy and/or lazy. Maybe we could get our Black King to pull a Jack Noir and mess with their and our session via our, (mostly mine) prototypes and get their session to be a null? And because the trolls are sweet, they could be more advanced in the game? I'm gonna have em in their session already far, or maybe post-session and have em be stuck in their session? Tell me your thoughts on which is better.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I'm gonna make a template eventually because I'm either busy and/or lazy. Maybe we could get our Black King to pull a Jack Noir and mess with their and our session via our, (mostly mine) prototypes and get their session to be a null? And because the trolls are sweet, they could be more advanced in the game? I'm gonna have em in their session already far, or maybe post-session and have em be stuck in their session? Tell me your thoughts on which is better.
So it will almost be like canon trolls except ocs?

Spachino

Previously El Spazzino
No, well, actually yes, but I think the stuck in post-session is a creative idea, I guess.

Last edited:

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Ok I will make a troll oc later (will probably just use extended zodiac because it's there and it's cool) Also on a completely unrelated note, @CriticalMaster would it be possible to start calling your character Bran for short to stick with the 4 letter theme of humans in Homestuck?

Also one more question. What is the current first guardian of our version of the Earth? @Philucifer

Last edited:

Spachino

Previously El Spazzino
GAH! I'm grounded for reasons, sorry! And since I was a bit inspired by a webcomic called Abodebound, this universe is set in the regular universe as Homestuck, but I guess it could be different? I'm gonna have the FG be a turtle the size of those German dogs, haha.

How many trolls are each of us to make? I have a couple of ideas, but from the looks of it, it would make the most sense for each of us to only create one (unless you plan on killing off certain characters á la the canon trolls on the meteor).

Spachino

Previously El Spazzino
You may create 2 each, and the trolls are currently stranded on their planet. Also, the trolls found out via Yurtle the First Guardian that the kids are supposed to save em or something like that. But, they will eventually meet up on Skaia, a now wasteland, because the trolls beat the Black King, but Yurtle screwed them over and caused it to become a Null Session and trapped in their session forever! Feel free to snap and oof someone or be oofed.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
@Philucifer
Would you mind putting in the bio for your gold blooded troll? I have a character for a Olive blood, but I would like to see what I'm working with before posting the bio.

I'd like to second this; I have rough concepts built out for both a violet blood and a rust blood but it'd be nice to have some sort of baseline.

EDIT: Never mind, your bio is already up. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Spachino

Previously El Spazzino
Sorry, really. Feel free to make crappy arts for your appearance. huehue. Also, I forgot to specify; please put your powers in either other or personality, and maybe your story, I guess?

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Sorry, really. Feel free to make crappy arts for your appearance. huehue. Also, I forgot to specify; please put your powers in either other or personality, and maybe your story, I guess?
My bad, I assumed only your human character was in the bio spoiler, I didn't look for your troll character. I will post my bio tonight now that I've seen yours.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Name: Eskina, A reference to Escanor, the lion sin in (I know I'm a weeb XD)
Surname: Sotare, Taken from Soteria the greek goddess of Protection
Classpect: Rogue of Blood
Lusus: A lion lusus with horns and hooves. The horns are similar to that of Eskina. The lusus also has three tails and a fierce appetite.
Appearance: Eskina has short messy hair that is uncontrollable. It is just long enough to cover her eyes, so it is constantly over her eyes, and she always has to brush it away. Her horns are almost standing straight up.
Symbol: http://hs.hiveswap.com/ezodiac/truesign.php?TS=Lecer
Personality + Hemoloyalty: Olive blood
Eskina is not a big supporter of the Hemocaste because it treats trolls with lower blood horribly even though they've done nothing wrong. She isn't really the best at making meaningful relationships, but she can and will make friends with just about anyone. She does enjoy shipping as much as the next troll, but she mostly just likes to take time to talk to her friends and play games. She is very energetic and wants to do everything she can to help people, but if you challenge her to any form of competition, she will not hesitate to kick your butt.
Kind Abstratus: Shield Kind
Sprite: Lionsprite
Trollian: protectiveContestant
Lunar Sway:
Prospit
Modus: Barrage Modus (basically if you try to take out anything, your entire inventory will be jettisoned in an array of directions, easy to weaponize, but not good for much else).
Other: Ancestor is the Mediator

EDIT: I changed the ancestor because I was dumb and made it six letters instead of 8, sorry.

Last edited:

Spachino

Previously El Spazzino
Oh, accepted! Also, if you're a highblood, it can exceed the Ancestor 8 word limit for lowbloods. Nice job! Also, can someone post?

Last edited:

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I feel like I probably shouldn't be the next one to post seeing as I just posted, if no one else posts in the next day or two then I will.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Sorry for the shorter response, I've been having some writer's block lately.

Regardless, my troll's bio should be up by tonight.
Needless to say, her five minutes was up, but where was she to go from here?

Closing her laptop, she briefly surveyed the room. Other than hiding amidst the clutter on the walls and floor, it didn't seem like there was anywhere to go. Unfortunately, a quick glance at the junk told her that she would stick out like a sore thumb. That seemed to be her only option other than leaving from where she came, however—it was worth a shot.

Ally began to erratically circle around the room, gathering all of the miscellaneous scraps of wallpaper, bits of broken clockwork, and un-mounted plaques, forming a misshapen pile of… whatever this was… underneath an upturned chair. Regardless, it was going to be her place to lie low for a couple of minutes, that's all that mattered. As she nestled into the pile, almost as if on cue, she heard the lights click on, followed closely by the sound of a door closing.

Silence.

One minute. Two minutes.

Nothing.

Was he standing right by the doorway, waiting for her to move?
She had to be certain.

Three minutes. Four minutes.

Her phone buzzed, reminding her of the pesters that her friends had left her several minutes ago.

Nothing. No movement. No reaction.

Cautiously, the girl peeked out from a shred of wallpaper…
In the glow of the ancient floodlights, the room was completely empty. No one was in here but her, sitting under a pile of junk like an idiot.

…Perhaps spending too much time alone was making her a bit paranoid. Then again, why would someone turn on the lights, then leave? What was the point to that?

Regardless, she crept out from her hiding spot, brushing the dust off of her clothes (although she doubtlessly still looked like she'd crawled out of a condemned air vent). The room was, indeed, completely empty. Swinging from the ceiling was a long string, seemingly seconds away from falling victim to dry rot, attached rather unceremoniously to a hatch above.

This room… had an entrance to the attic? This was certainly news to her. The attic was the one place where her Pop never went, and the place where she'd planned to hide out today as decided several weeks ago, thumbing through a couple of cookbooks. Unfortunately, that idea had quickly fallen through as she realised that she had no idea how to get there.

Pulling over the chair she'd been hiding under moments before (sending bits and baubles flying in the process) she stood on her toes, yanking downwards on the string. The hatch slowly opened, revealing a set of equally decrepit foldable wooden stairs. Ally pushed her chair out of the way, and with one last yank of the cable the stairs fell to the ground.

Cautiously, she ascended—the stairs appeared as if they may cave in any minute—rolling the hatch back up as soon as she reached the top.

She opened her laptop once more, deploying the device labelled Cruxtruder per Lily's suggestion.
NH: Alright, there's only a couple of things I can deploy right now
NH: This is one of them
NH: It's the kind of tree stump looking one
NH: I couldn't fit it in your room though
NH: It's a tad bit big for that
NH: Not sure why
NH: I'm not quite sure what you're supposed to do with it though?
NH: Use the crank on the side maybe?
Shortly after pressing send, a second message appeared on her Pesterchum. This one was… who was this from?
[???] began trolling neptunianHaiku [NH] at 10:41
NH: ?
NH: Hello?
This is hardly what I'd call a short post, but hey don't worry about it. Writers block comes to all of us.

Spachino

Previously El Spazzino
Oh yeah, cool. Also the myth, the legend, the Mayor (as Warweary Villein) is gonna appear doing a revolution in the fight against Black King.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I posted, sorry for coming up with my own place for the cruxtruder, but I couldn't tell where you put it from your post and I thought this would be fun challenge for Lily.

Regardless, my troll's bio should be up by tonight.
Oops.

Anyway, here's vulture dude.
Name: Kaivel (From scavenge in Finnish. If this is horribly wrong, please let me know.)
Surname: Nekbet (From the Egyptian vulture goddess)
Classpect: Thief of Doom
Lusus: A large, feathered creature that would likely resemble an earth Lammergeier if not for the fact that it had two extra pairs of eyes and was about the size of a small car. Not to mention his left talon has been replaced with a metal one… that's a bit odd.
Appearance: Kaivel, despite his lowblood status, tends to give off an air of intimidation. He stands at around 6'1", clad in a pristine white button-up shirt with a black jacket emblazoned with his symbol worn over it. His black slacks are surprisingly spotless, although the same cannot be said for his beat-up red sneakers. His shoulder-length, straight black hair is always tied neatly back with a strip of red cloth. Despite his lowblood status and his penchant for scavenging around for spare parts, all of his clothes are surprisingly clean-looking and his hair always appears to have been recently cut. While scavenging for parts or welding, he tends to wear a black filtration mask, displaying his symbol opposite the side of the valve.
Symbol: Armino
Personality + Hemoloyalty: Kaivel could be described as relatively detached—he tends to close himself off from others and prefers to listen rather than talk. He generally would find his actions to have no discernable consequences, at least not consequences affecting him. Keeping yourself safe should be top priority, right? That way, you only have one person to rely on. Despite its questionable* legality, he often picks through broken drones for spare parts, repurposing them into (most likely equally dangerous) machines. When he can't get his hands on these parts, he uses scrap metal and wields them from scratch, although he finds the pre-made hydraulics in the drones function quite a bit better. Although he outwardly claims to not take a side either way, many of his devices are being sold to members of the rebellion. However, he personally doesn't feel it makes too much of a difference, instead seeing the fulfilment of their requests as more of a personal challenge.
*Read: It's definitely illegal

Needless to say, a lot has changed since the trolls' session began to go awry.
Not only has he lost his left hand been replaced with a mechanical one, but as opposed to being aloof, fairly selfish, and reckless without objective, he's become much more open to cooperation, seeing his budding doom abilities as a means to break the trolls out of their loop… even if that means he needs a bit of help.
Kind Abstratus: Wrenchkind
Sprite: Vulturesprite
Trollian: mechanicalGeier [MG]
Lunar Sway: Prospit
Modus: Defusion modus; objects captchalogued may be retrieved in any order, at any time, with a slight catch. Cards, when flipped over, will have a network of wires that have to be clipped in the correct sequence in order to retrieve the item. If done incorrectly, the card will explode, destroying the item within and knocking back anything in a ten foot radius. Difficulty scales with item size/rarity/importance Unfortunately, this modus did not come with an instruction manual, so figuring it out was largely up to trial and error. Mostly error. A lot of error.
Other: Ancestor is the Engineer
EDIT: Artificer doesn't have eight letters, I miscounted. Fixed.
EDIT 2: Class change

Last edited: