• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

FoS 2012 Discussion

i chose the fire icon because this topic is hot like fiyah

I know it's nearing the end of the year but I want to RP god damnit, so I was wondering if there'd be any legitimate interest in a Festival of Stars 2012. I've chalked up the skeleton of an into post, and I'd be willing to flesh it out better if there were interested candidates.

BUT SOME COOL FACTS ABOUT THIS THING HOT DAMN.

1. It takes place in Unova, using a magical clearing in the center of Unova that isn't the Entralink forest.
  2. Because of research done by Fennel and her research buddies, I was thinking about including dream projection technology as a way of the organizers making pretty things happen. I guess if not dream technology, then just plain old holograms. >:1
  3. There's actually a possibility for a plot. wow dang are you serious a FoS with a plot wow
  4. This thing has become my baby and I love it, okay.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
YESYESYESYESYES

I'll love to join this time~ With my whiny and hot headed Unova character I have never truly RP'd with.

ALSO KAL ILU WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE ;_;

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I haven't missed a FoS since it's conception so count me in! :up:

The only question is whether I should use Brian or if I should (re)introduce Shiro.

I'm using a brand new character, so I mean don't be afraid to branch out into new, unexplored characters. Ain't nobody gon' make you do anything y'all don' wan' to. (hi my name is kalseng and i'm addicted to suddenly writing in a horribly-done southern accent please send help) The only thing I'd recommend is that whoever you take into this PRP be a competent battler. They don't necessarily have to be, but it'd be helpful. Just saying.

Twitter responses below the spoiler.

TwittSeng.png
@ShinyEevee337 EY GIRL. WATCHU UP TO. I AIN'T BEEN DOIN' MUCH BUT COLLEGE. #CollegeLife
mmnmmExpand

TwittSeng.png
@ShinyEevee337Also I'm basically boring don't expect exciting news out of me ever okay okay. #RealTalk
mmnmmExpand

TwittSeng.png
@CrayCrayMonkay8743 Whattup dawg. #UnovanThugLife
mmnmmExpand

TwittSeng.png
@CrayCrayMonkay8743 No but seriously how've you been? Glad to see you're still here! #srs
mmnmmExpand

The (first?) FoS is what brought me into 'Charms in the first place. I'd love to be in one again to drag me back into the craziness. :)

ALSO KAL I MISS YOUR FACE.

I saw the FoS thread when I first got onto charms. I always thought it was a fun idea and it kinda inspired my love of RP'ing. I'd love to be a part of it if/when this get's going.

Hooray, interest! That's good! (dang there's a lot of you)

WELL. Clearly the "everybody for themselves run awayyyyy" plan won't work. Last time we tried that, everybody ended up drifting away save two RPers who paired off by the end of the whole affair. So, how do we want to run this? Two "teams" of 4/5? Or even 3 of 3? I just don't want to end up with "All right guys, let's go!" and have half of us earn a secondary degree by the time the RP's gotten replies from everyone.

These are my concerns, this is me voicing them.

And this is Barney saying that's a true story

True_story_barney.jpg

In, my opinion, the reason interest kept failing in past years is because of how long it took to get to the tournament part and instead everyone spent too long at the festival. Maybe if we jump straight into the first round of the tournament, and let people frolic in between the tournament rounds, then we can keep things moving and hopefully less people will drop out.

That might work out if people wanted to get to the fighting! Of course, the thing with battles and more than two people tend to be that everyone else has to sit there commenting on WOW WASNT THAT ATTACK SATISFACTORY and YEAH PRETTY MUCH. Maybe the tournament could be doubles with two people, although that might get crowded?

Brendan's idea sounds nice too.

(i don't feel like making twitter responses so i'll do that later okay okay)

Actually not a bad idea. Tangrow raises a fair point, so I counter with this:

What if we had concurrent battles? Like, several people did battles all at once? The prelims lend themselves nicely to that, because tournament prelims are set up to all happen at once, with digital acknowledgment of winners and losers. The first rounds, though, aren't set up like that. So that gets hairy.

BUT REMEMBER

THERE'S A PLOT

So if at any time it gets a little too tournament-focused or boring, I withhold the right to suddenly have the plot explode.

I'm in favor of the concurrent battles idea. And the exploding plot idea.

As long as you don't get any plot on me. I just showered.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Concurrent battles might get messy and confusing, but given that we're all good RPers, I think we can make it work. And I would love to finally get to the plot of a FoS for once! 8)

Ahem.

I'd like to join, if that's at all possible!

I'll just use Michael, that is, if there is any room left.

Also three weeks of Holiday and no assignments set for the beginning of term so I should be able to post fairly regularly~

It appears that there are far too many people interested in this RP for it to actually get off the ground. If anyone has since lost interest, or if anyone doesn't really think they're suited for it, please say so. I'm willing to let everyone who has posted so far in, but this puts us at 11 people. 11 people guarantees 11 intro posts and then nothing, because I hosted an RP of this size on this site before, and that was exactly what happened.

hmm... I'd still like to do it, but I'm the one with the least amount of expirence and for now will be content with watching and learning from you guys

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I guess I'll have to be honest with myself now.

I don't know just how much time I'll have to post in the RP; I can guarantee more activity in general once I turn in all my college applications (That is, around mid/late October or early November), but I know school's just going to get worse from here on out due to all the college level classes I'm taking, along with a busy orchestra schedule and strict parents.

However, I really want to participate in this RP due to not having RP'd much as of late. I feel that I'm usually rather dedicated to an RP once it's started/I'm accepted because I can make time in my busy schedule to post. It also helps that I get out of school earlier this year and that I can access the forums from school, so I'll be able to use the 2 hours between the time I get out of school and the time the schoolbus gets here to plan/write my post.

Yeah, tl;dr is I should still be able to do this RP despite a busy schedule because I'm so ready for this. XD

I'm kind of in the same boat as Shiny...

I do know, however, that I would be able to post at least three times a week. I'm quite good at procrastinating, and I know I'll be able to make plenty of time for the RP.

...I just need to decide which character to use.

I should be able to remain as active as ever, as long as I can keep on top of my work when it starts flowing in. Since this is mostly a tournament though, it will be easy to drop out at almost any time. I just need to get knocked out of the tournament should my activity fall. If that happens though, you'll be the first to know.

Okay. I've been out for a while because my extracurriculars suddenly flared up and I had a bad case of the "need to get some work done"-itis. Not fun.

On a more positive note, if everyone who's going to be involved could post a quick little blurb saying that they're ready, I'll get an intro post up and moving by the end of the week!