• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Forums Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
And by Upgrade, I mean a brand new forums system.

Yup, the reason the forums were taken down last night was to simply port the database over to here to set this place up.

It's prettier than the old forums, it's got a few more features than the old forums and it's certainly not as farking buggy as hell as the old forums.

Having a look around the control panel, there's a lot of potential in this system that'll last 'Charms for years as we grow and grow. So, this change couldn't really come at a better time as those of us involved in Project X continue fighting on to get it running.

If you have any queries about the change and any problems, please post here. General feedback and praise would be nice too. ^^

One thing to note is that anyone with a user-title set up on the PHPBB by us has had them delet0red as they were uneccessary in this system. You can set them yourself from now on in your profile.

Also, one other thing you might want to take note of is that unless you set the option in either additional options in every post for 'Return to this Topic' you'll get chucked back to the topics list after posting. I think it's off by default for all of us because of the move but hopefully is on by default for new registrations.

Again, also: Quick Reply IS on the forums but you, again, have to turn it on in your profile.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Also, one other thing you might want to take note of is that unless you set the option in either additional options in every post for 'Return to this Topic' you'll get chucked back to the topics list after posting.

I think you forgot to add "or your profile settings" ;)

The "return to topic after posting" and quick-post options are both under "Look and Layout Preferences" in your profile settings, so remember to check it out.

Anyways, after looking through all the admin options I think this new system will be very useful. Being able to set up Sub-Boards will be a great asset when the need arises. Everything just seems a lot easier to manage and manipulate, too. We could use a few more smilies but that'll come with time.

w00t for no major glitches like before, and keeping everying from before rules. This will definitely be a well wanted upgrade after all the crap of phpBB ^^

EDIT:

http://forums.pokecharms.com/smf/index.php?action=stats

I'm in love ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.