• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Forum Guggling

Ok, I pretty sure everyone here has used the Role Play forums, Discussion Forums, etc. But do you ever Guggle forums? Guggling Forums is when your traveling Back and Forth between two or more diffrent forums. Im sure most of us has, and while some of us have found it annoying, some may find it nice. Here you can discuss about how many forums, how many times or plain Forrum Guggling. Im looking foward to see your response.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I feel like most of us do; at one point or another I've probably had like 20 different tabs open, spread out through all the boards and forums and sub-forums we have. Hell, sometimes I even had the same thread open in 2 different tabs, because I wanted to read something from an earlier page or whatever.

That doesn't mean I don't have a forum I frequent more than others, though. Probably back when I first started, that would've been the TCM asset submission thread (aka I had no idea how the hell a forum worked and only knew that one particular thread existed) and, later, sprite and art request threads. I migrated over to PRP and General RP sometime after that, then forum games, then... probably back to RPing? Currently, I probably spend most of my time in Small Talk and the News section whenever I am on the forums, but the site's grown so much I find myself spending more time looking through everyone's profiles and scrolling through the Creative Corner (do we have a semi-official nickname for that yet? CreaCor? CC?).

So yeah, I hope that answers the question? ^^;

Whoa, thats a lot. Ive been having a few RP problems lately. Im currently stuck in between 4 RPs, and the problem is that the RP members in those Rps sre in the same Time Zone. Whenever I finish a paragraph, I have to go to another RP and make a paragraph there. I kinda find it annoying, as it take up most of my time, but Im also happy. My first 6 months on Charms I dinnt use the forums and life was boring, just traveling to other profiles. Thats when I found out RP, so I cant say that im mad.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not quite sure if this is what you're referring to (I'd never heard the term "forum guggling" before now :'D), but I always tend to hover around multiple boards when I'm on the site. Like @Shiny Lyni, I usually put various boards into new tabs when first scrolling through the forums if they have new posts within them (namely Small Talk, General Video Games Discussion, Pokemon Games, Pokecharms News, and Pokemon Chat). Within those boards I'll proceed to put every thread that interests me into a new tab as well, so initially I'll often end up with well over 15-20 tabs open. Even after I work through all of my various tabs, I tend to do last minute sweeps of all the boards again before closing the website. :)

On occasion I'll also haunt the Creative Corner and Member Profiles, so add those to the list of tabs open! I tend to treat the Creative Corner like the forums, so whenever I'm actively looking through it I'll open every image that interests me in a new tab before properly looking at them. Not sure that counts by your definition of forum guggling though... XD