• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Fortis Discussion thread

Okay i will edit my post, and thanks for letting me know, but he did throw the watch away out of anger. It was more of a way to show off his skills early on, and tossing it made him seem somewhat rash.
Also involving Terrance, he isn't a master thief, or the best fighter. He's a good fighter, and a good theif, but isn't the best. The scar on his back is like a reminder, that he isn't the best at everything he does. I also tried to show, how he can easily be caught by someone. (The man catches him and knocks him to the ground) If you feel like im putting too much emphasis on what hes good at and making him seem OP, let me know where i can fix it and i will. Im not trying to make him seem perfect, but show he feels proud if his ability.

Glad to see we could reach an agreement here. Naturally, I expect the same sort of judgement to apply to myself. So if I am ever not holding up to my own standards, you, and anyone else in the thread don't need to worry about calling me out on it. I want to make sure that constructive criticism is actively encouraged here, and that no one is above it.

Ry_Burst, I hope that it was alright that I used your Machamp in my own encounter. I figured it would be a good way to begin intertwining the stories for some opportunistic fun. Just let me know if you have a problem and we can resolve it.

I guess that wild Ariados decided it wanted to attack Itigus, lol. There's no need to be rude just because you were politely rejected. Dreiki gave you fair, honest judgment along with constructive criticism, Twinsie Tarantula.

I think I should also mention for those who haven't read the adventures manga that Pokedexes are considered to be incredibly rare, and powerful tools.

As opposed to the anime, where they are simply used to give exposition, the manga treats Pokedexes as a heavily sought after item. 'Pokedex Holders' tend to be the main characters of the manga, and the ones who are able to accomplish a great deal at a young age. In fact, it's alluded to that the Pokedex is one of the reasons for the increased success of the trainers who hold them.

Naturally, this would be a highly sought after item in the Fortis challenge. It is not banned by the league, but many trainers would jump at the opportunity to attain one. Having an encyclopedic knowledge of the characteristics, stats, and moves of a Pokemon is a very important tool. However, Pokedexes are, by law, unable to be purchased in this world. Now, that doesn't necessarily prevent people from buying them, but it does deter them.

This is not to say that characters are not allowed to have Pokedexes, though. Instead I'm proposing that it actually has to be attained through some sort of development. There is almost no reason a person should be starting off with a Pokedex with the exception being that the character is a professor.

I do plan to have a professor(s) appear later on in the story, but not entirely in the conventional manner. This is to say that they will not have a lab, nor wear a lab coat, but instead be more nomadic, and appear before trainers of interest to bestow the Pokedex. They are going to be incredibly mysterious, and even boast a highly trained team of Pokemon. I will be controlling this character so that I can control if, and when a particular character is allowed to be given this item for their journey. I'm not entirely sure yet whether it is going to be a single professor, or many, but I do know that this is how I want the direction of the story to be.

Name: Giro

Appearance: similar appearance to silver, but he has purple eyes and his hair covers part of his face

Personality: he's mute, and he helps out people in trouble, regardless of who they are.

Backstory: his father silver left him as a child, and now that's he feels he's old enough for a journey he wishes to eventually gather strong pokemon and defeat his father in battle to prove his strength. He lived in mahogany town.

Pokemon(Only One): eevee

Region of birth: johto

*Optional*
Likes(3 things): strong opponents, calmer people

Dislikes(3 things): people that hurt pokemon, people with annoying personalities, rat pokemon

Characters: sorry, please explain what this is.

Name: Giro

Appearance: similar appearance to silver, but he has purple eyes and his hair covers part of his face

Personality: he's mute, and he helps out people in trouble, regardless of who they are.

Backstory: his father silver left him as a child, and now that's he feels he's old enough for a journey he wishes to eventually gather strong pokemon and defeat his father in battle to prove his strength. He lived in mahogany town.

Pokemon(Only One): eevee

Region of birth: johto

*Optional*
Likes(3 things): strong opponents, calmer people

Dislikes(3 things): people that hurt pokemon, people with annoying personalities, rat pokemon

Characters: sorry, please explain what this is.

Denied for various reasons. For one, who is Silver? Do you mean the Silver from the manga with red hair? If this was the case then why did you not simply describe your character with straight red hair that covered part of his face, with purple eyes?

I think the fact that he's mute could be an interesting trait, but being mute is not a personality trait, it is a physical one that could have been addressed in the backstory.

Speaking of which, there is absolutely nothing here that convinces me that you would be a good addition to the RP. Not only is there a severe lack of detail, but your character relies on a canon character for existence. I personally dislike OCs that are related to the canon characters as it displays a lack of originality, and tends to be a cheap way to garner some sort of development without any effort. This is also added on to the fact that Silver is out of character in your backstory. This is also coupled with a lack of grammar, and punctuation.

However, there is potential for the backstory. A character who is motivated by the sole fact that they want to be better than their parents has potential for a good story. The fact that your father is Silver is completely irrelevant, and contributes nothing to the story at all. However, I don't see any reason why he is motivated to challenge the Fortis league, or how he was even able to get to the island in the first place. These are things that you can describe in detail during your backstory, and it would take up a good amount of space. Your father being Silver would not be allowed in this RP, but what would be allowed is your father being in Fortis for one reason or another.

You have a lot you can work with, but it remains sorely underutilized. I can give more suggestions, and advice, but I don't see myself accepting you into this RP at any point in time. I could go on, and on bashing this, but I think you get the point. I hope this is a learning experience for you as a writer, and I wish you the best in other RPs.

Eevee E, I've added your bio to the character list. It was something I seemed to have forgotten until now, but either way, I just thought I'd let you know. If you have any trouble making your first post, feel free to contact me.

Name: Kala Nahesa

Appearance: Sandy brown skin, dotted with freckles. Kala has large, faded amethyst eyes, and wears a small amount of matching purple face paint around his eyes to hide his raccoon-like shadows. His hair runs down to his shoulder blades and is an unkempt wavy mess of jet black. He is lean and stands at around 5' 8". Kala's normal attire consists of an ash gray sleeveless shirt, brown camo cargo shorts, and a pair of sandals that are colored to look like a Wimpod. On both of his hands, Kala wears a silver ring, one given to him by each of his parents.

Personality: Kala is one of those kids who thinks he can do anything he sets his mind to. In fact, the best way to get him to do anything is to tell him that he can't! He's a fiery ball of energy when he has something to do, but when he's bored, he is more akin to a bottle of lightning: unstable and jittery, wanting to move or at least have something to do. He's a determined kid, and even if he fails at a task multiple times, he'll still persevere. That being said, even he has a point where he has to face the fact that he can't do anything. When he has those moments, he'll fall into a state of sadness and apathy for a while before bouncing back to his normal state, usually thanks to his best friend in the entire world, his Dewpider named Shizu.

Backstory: Kala's parents, both still alive, well, and happily married, were and still are workaholics (Kala assumes he got his sense of determination and activity from them.) They were insanely productive and efficient in their fields of work, one being a Professor's aide hailing originally from Johto, the other being a chef for a restaurant in Hau'oli City. They never really had much time to hang out with Kala, and as a result, Kala never really grew very attached to them. At one point in his life, they insisted that he refer to them by name rather than by "mom" and "dad." Due to this distance between him and his parents, who he still loves very much, Kala would try to befriend others instead. He was never great at befriending other people, considering the fact that his hyperactive nature tends to annoy people, but he had several Pokemon friends, including a Mudbray, a few Wingulls, and a Dewpider that he found as a baby. This Dewpider, in particular, clicked with Kala the most. Both of them had parents that were never really around them, so they both spent a lot of time together. Eventually, when Kala set out to be a Pokemon Trainer, he chose Dewpider as his starter rather than a traditional one.

Pokemon(Only One):
Dewpider (Female, Name: Shizu)

Region of birth: Alola

Likes(3 things): Watching the sun set over the water (or just any old sunset will do,) swimming, anything spicy (he prefers higher levels of spice - go big or go home!)

Dislikes(3 things): Malasada (no matter how hard he tries, he can never seem to like it that much,) inactivity, having to take off or polish his rings (thanks to the amount of activity he does, he takes them off more than he would like)

If I missed anything, or something looks off, tell me and I'll be glad to fix it! Kinda woke up with a headache, so I'm not at 100%. Hopefully I didn't mess anything up that bad XD

Appearance: Sandy brown skin, dotted with freckles. Kala has large, faded amethyst eyes, and wears a small amount of matching purple face paint around his eyes to hide his raccoon-like shadows. His hair runs down to his shoulder blades and is an unkempt wavy mess of jet black. He is lean and stands at around 5' 8". Kala's normal attire consists of an ash gray sleeveless shirt, brown camo cargo shorts, and a pair of sandals that are colored to look like a Wimpod. On both of his hands, Kala wears a silver ring, one given to him by each of his parents.

Personality: Kala is one of those kids who thinks he can do anything he sets his mind to. In fact, the best way to get him to do anything is to tell him that he can't! He's a fiery ball of energy when he has something to do, but when he's bored, he is more akin to a bottle of lightning: unstable and jittery, wanting to move or at least have something to do. He's a determined kid, and even if he fails at a task multiple times, he'll still persevere. That being said, even he has a point where he has to face the fact that he can't do anything. When he has those moments, he'll fall into a state of sadness and apathy for a while before bouncing back to his normal state, usually thanks to his best friend in the entire world, his Dewpider named Shizu.

Backstory: Kala's parents, both still alive, well, and happily married, were and still are workaholics (Kala assumes he got his sense of determination and activity from them.) They were insanely productive and efficient in their fields of work, one being a Professor's aide hailing originally from Johto, the other being a chef for a restaurant in Hau'oli City. They never really had much time to hang out with Kala, and as a result, Kala never really grew very attached to them. At one point in his life, they insisted that he refer to them by name rather than by "mom" and "dad." Due to this distance between him and his parents, who he still loves very much, Kala would try to befriend others instead. He was never great at befriending other people, considering the fact that his hyperactive nature tends to annoy people, but he had several Pokemon friends, including a Mudbray, a few Wingulls, and a Dewpider that he found as a baby. This Dewpider, in particular, clicked with Kala the most. Both of them had parents that were never really around them, so they both spent a lot of time together. Eventually, when Kala set out to be a Pokemon Trainer, he chose Dewpider as his starter rather than a traditional one.

Pokemon(Only One):

Likes(3 things): Watching the sun set over the water (or just any old sunset will do,) swimming, anything spicy (he prefers higher levels of spice - go big or go home!)

Dislikes(3 things): Malasada (no matter how hard he tries, he can never seem to like it that much,) inactivity, having to take off or polish his rings (thanks to the amount of activity he does, he takes them off more than he would like)

If I missed anything, or something looks off, tell me and I'll be glad to fix it! Kinda woke up with a headache, so I'm not at 100%. Hopefully I didn't mess anything up that bad XD

Denied. I can see this character being a much needed release from the darker tones of Fortis. While we do have a few characters who are upbeat, we haven't had one who embodies the 'go getter' personality type. However, the only thing holding me back from approving you is really the detail of your backstory. I think you could elaborate more upon his motivations. Why is he challenging the Fortis League? Why is he so positive, and hyperactive all the time? You could perhaps even go into detail about the relationship between Kala, and Shizu. You could even go into detail about the moment when his parents give him his rings, and what sort of significance they have.

I look forward to accepting your post when you've edited it to include more detail.

Denied. I can see this character being a much needed release from the darker tones of Fortis. While we do have a few characters who are upbeat, we haven't had one who embodies the 'go getter' personality type. However, the only thing holding me back from approving you is really the detail of your backstory. I think you could elaborate more upon his motivations. Why is he challenging the Fortis League? Why is he so positive, and hyperactive all the time? You could perhaps even go into detail about the relationship between Kala, and Shizu. You could even go into detail about the moment when his parents give him his rings, and what sort of significance they have.

I look forward to accepting your post when you've edited it to include more detail.

Alright. I'll fix him up, I don't have much time for the rest of today, but I'd be glad to fix him up ^-^

The first gym is in Murum Town, correct? And we won't know the gym's type until someone challenges it? And, also, I just wanted to know for later, what other pokemon are in End Forest besides ghost types? I know you said that golem, alakazam, and machamp were also apparent, so does that mean that some rock, psychic, and fighting Pokemon are also in the forest? What about normal, grass, and bug types (Pokemon that are normally associated with forests in the game)? I'm asking this on the discussion board in case anyone else was wandering the same thing. I feel like we'll need to catch at least one other Pokemon in order to beat the first gym, if it's really that hard. Also, sneasel has terrible typing, tbh. I'm really hoping that with the plethora of ghost pokemon, the gym is ghost type.

The first gym is in Murum Town, correct? And we won't know the gym's type until someone challenges it? And, also, I just wanted to know for later, what other pokemon are in End Forest besides ghost types? I know you said that golem, alakazam, and machamp were also apparent, so does that mean that some rock, psychic, and fighting Pokemon are also in the forest? What about normal, grass, and bug types (Pokemon that are normally associated with forests in the game)? I'm asking this on the discussion board in case anyone else was wandering the same thing. I feel like we'll need to catch at least one other Pokemon in order to beat the first gym, if it's really that hard. Also, sneasel has terrible typing, tbh. I'm really hoping that with the plethora of ghost pokemon, the gym is ghost type.
Naturally, the gyms in Fortis don't really have a typing theme. Every gym leader has their own balanced team. However, they will only use as many Pokemon as the trainer has. Given this fact, they will also choose the Pokemon that has the greatest advantage over yours.

Bug, flying, and normal types are all present within the forest. I was merely explaining the population of the rather unique Pokemon of the forest. As I explained in my previous post, it's not typically a good idea to capture the already trained, and powerful Pokemon. The real reason is to prevent players from a quick path to success, but the canon reason is that they simply will not listen to you.

I'd also like to mention that it is very unlikely anyone is going to be able to beat the gym leader on their first try. People are allowed to watch the gym battles to scout the gym out. However, even then, the leader may switch up their team. The reason this is considered to be the first wall is that this gym decides whether you make it, or you don't. They tend to turn away about half of the challengers who make it out of the forest. It is the first great wall to overcome, and should require a lot of preparation, and training. A gym badge in this region is worth a lot.

However, it should be mentioned that one doesn't need all eight badges to participate in the league. There is a day before the league where it is open to any, and all Pokemon trainers from any region. This means that they must come out on top of thousands in order to compete the the following week in the league. Naturally, those with badges get a better seeding in the tournament, and don't need to run the risk of having their teams scouted because of this. It's entirely possible that players could simply skip past the gyms all together. Whether this is a more difficult route to take, I suppose it's subjective.

I just want to say that you guys are doing good work in the RP, and to keep it up. At the moment, I'm focused on world building with Itigus, however I was thinking of creating a main antagonist. They would most likely be from the wealthy side of Fortis, and given an easy path forward. However, at the same time this character wouldn't exactly be a spoiled brat to the core. Rather, they would be taking every advantage at their disposal, and lording their power over those who were weaker than him/her.

They would most likely interact with every other character at one point, and sort of act as the Blue of the story. It would be obvious that he had been groomed to take on the challenge since his birth.

This being said, Fortis has a bit of a hierarchy of power. As I've alluded to before, the quickest way to rise through the ranks of social class is through the Fortis Challenge. Considering this to be the case, Gym leaders, Fortis league top eights, Elite four, and Champion are considered to be the top of the social pyramid. The League is more powerful than any family in Fortis, so it would be no surprise that they treat every challenger equally regardless of social class.

This should make it so any future characters created having been born in the aristocracy of Fortis would only have so much to their advantage. At the moment, the only character who fits that description is Merlot, and she's doing a good job portraying this.

Either way, I plan on introducing new NPCs as the RP goes on, however do give me thoughts on the current one I'm thinking of introducing.

It would be interesting if the main antagonist was scouted by Team Ingro throughout the developing plot. We could witness the transition from groomed league challenger to hardened criminal. This type of rival would personify the true nature of Fortis. There could be redemption attempts or even further Team Ingro recruitment of other players.

Also, I wanted to ask if there was a specific season in effect? Some of the Pokemon I wanted to write about are dependent on seasons. I'm trying to think hard about ways to interact with Pokemon without Pokeballs. Most of us appear to need some now.

It would be interesting if the main antagonist was scouted by Team Ingro throughout the developing plot. We could witness the transition from groomed league challenger to hardened criminal. This type of rival would personify the true nature of Fortis. There could be redemption attempts or even further Team Ingro recruitment of other players.

Also, I wanted to ask if there was a specific season in effect? Some of the Pokemon I wanted to write about are dependent on seasons. I'm trying to think hard about ways to interact with Pokemon without Pokeballs. Most of us appear to need some now.

I like that idea. However, I don't think we will see Team Ingro until later in the story, or at least in the confrontational sense. I may have grunts appear to show off how powerful they are, but there's certainly no reason any of our characters would be able to beat them in a battle. In any case, I had imagined that this portion of the RP was taking place during the late summer/ early fall. The league takes place in August, and ends in September, so I'd assume Itigus, and everyone else probably started around that time for obvious reasons.

Name: Mero Genus

Appearance: Blood red hair, and crystal blue eyes. Mero exudes an air of refinement, and high class. Even when in a simple hoodie, and cargo pants, he carries himself like a man of power. His clothes are functional, and practical for the Fortis challenge. His usual clothing consists of a dark gray hoodie with navy blue stripes down the shoulders, black cargo pants, and a navy blue shirt. He is rather tall, standing 6' 0'', and has a lean athletic build. It is obvious he is in top physical condition.

Personality: He is rather narcissistic having been groomed to take on the Fortis League since birth, and not having lost a single battle. He does not care to socialize with people who are neither interesting, or strong. Despite his narcissism he is incredibly aware of the battle field. His overconfidence is bred by his skill as a trainer, rather than being a result of his upper class heritage. He is a highly charismatic, and personable speaker, and can make connections to those who are important to him. To those he views as weak, he will show no mercy to them, or their Pokemon. He sees a weak challenger as an insult, and will make sure they pay for it in full. When mercilessly beating the weak, he seems to take a sadistic pleasure in the act.

Backstory: Mero grew up in the most well respected family of the Fortis region; the Genus. Many sharing his blood have conquered the Fortis challenge, and it has become a right of passage for heirs to the family name. Considering this pedigree, Mero had been groomed from birth to become a Pokemon master. His mother had made sure that he was always surrounded by Pokemon, and that he was capable of battling before he could even properly walk.

Mero's father was only in his life on occasion as he was always busy with work. No matter how much Mero asked around, no one would tell him exactly what his father did for a living. The child did not even know his father's full name. When his father did happen to grace his presence Mero was always met with a brutal training session. Even though Mero barely knew him, he did know that his father would not have a weak son.

Mero showed his natural affinity for battles early on, and was given the best tutors money could buy. He was capable of raising, and commanding Pokemon when he was only eight years old. Not a day was spent where Mero wasn't battling other trainers. With the Pokemon that were given to him, he was able to beat even some of the more experienced trainers of the region.

When he turned ten years old his father had a full six on six battle with him. The boy had never known what it was like to have been crushed so thoroughly before. Mero had never tasted defeat before, his loss only made more painful by the fact that he hadn't managed to faint a single Pokemon of his father's. On his tenth birthday, his father had taught him the feeling of defeat. With a cold demeanor, his father imparted one final piece of wisdom to his son, "The world is for the strong, and the strong only. Never compromise to the weak, and simply crush them without mercy. Pokemon are creatures with infinite potential, and reflect their trainer's power. If a Pokemon is worthless, their trainer is even more worthless. In essence, do not share this world with trainers like that. Find your true strength on your own, and when you do, challenge me again."

After this day, he had traveled to other regions, and competed in their leagues. With the Pokemon that were given to him by his, he demolished the leagues, and their champions. Mero was a genius who never stopped improving. After winning many awards, and earning first place in everything he set out to win, he came back to Fortis. Everything before had merely been his training, and nothing more. Now was the time that he would take on his true challenge, and he would win the league with every ounce of effort he could put into it.

Upon his return, on his fifteenth birthday, his mother gifted him a Shiny Rockruff to begin his journey with. Although he had raised Pokemon, and trained them before, this would be the first time he would travel with a single weak Pokemon. The degree to which he could train this Rockruff would be his reflection as a trainer. Mero spent the next week training the Rockruff to its fullest capacity without evolving it. When he had completed the Rockruff's Super Training, he finally decided to name the Pokemon. After a bit of thought, the trainer decided on the name 'Fenrir' after the norse wolf who would devour the gods during the end of days. It was a fitting name, given the fact that Mero aimed to take down the gods of the Fortis region. He was not simply satisfied with the league championship title. He aimed to win against the five gods who stood atop the summit of strength in the Fortis region; The Elite Four, and the Champion.

With his new Pokemon, a Pokedex, and an encyclopedic knowledge of both Pokemon, and the Fortis region, Mero set out. His journey started in August 21st(A week before Itigus); the same day that the Fortis League ended.
It was his birthright to win the league, and to become the champion. He vowed to crush all those who stood in his path to that goal.

Pokemon(Only One): Rockruff(Fenrir)

Region of birth: Fortis

*Optional*
Likes(3 things):
Strong trainers, A good battle, Putting the weak in their place.

Dislikes(3 things): Weak Trainers, Loudmouths, Losing.

(Here's the main antagonist folks. I realize he's a bit of a Mary Sue, but that's why he's so threatening. Tell me what you guys think!)

(( Though I think he is definitely treading on the Mary Sue line (if it you didn't have a backstory for the shiny Rockruff, I would be calling it out immediately, as I am very against shines in RPs), I think his power and personality will meld into the RP well and turn him into a formidable antagonist. I am excited to see how he acts around different characters. I can see him and Merlot understanding each other due to their similar high-end backgrounds (as well as similar appearances and rhyming names- are the rich going to be defined by their red hair and names that end with an 'o' sound? That's not a critique, I just find it funny), but I can also imagine him finding her weak and generally annoying. I think his personality kind of resembles and, at the same time, also foils Itigus. Though they come from different backgrounds, and their purpose for setting out on their journey is different as well as their general outlook on Pokemon and life, they are both seeking their own kind of strength. Overall, I think Mero can lead to interesting plot development later on. I hope he becomes the champion and one of us gets to take him down. ))

Is Mero's father the league champion? He seems like an excellent antagonist. He probably needs a good hug, though. I can see Jeddy's showmanship as a great annoyance to him (and probably many others).

(( Though I think he is definitely treading on the Mary Sue line (if it you didn't have a backstory for the shiny Rockruff, I would be calling it out immediately, as I am very against shines in RPs), I think his power and personality will meld into the RP well and turn him into a formidable antagonist. I am excited to see how he acts around different characters. I can see him and Merlot understanding each other due to their similar high-end backgrounds (as well as similar appearances and rhyming names- are the rich going to be defined by their red hair and names that end with an 'o' sound? That's not a critique, I just find it funny), but I can also imagine him finding her weak and generally annoying. I think his personality kind of resembles and, at the same time, also foils Itigus. Though they come from different backgrounds, and their purpose for setting out on their journey is different as well as their general outlook on Pokemon and life, they are both seeking their own kind of strength. Overall, I think Mero can lead to interesting plot development later on. I hope he becomes the champion and one of us gets to take him down. ))

I actually hadn't thought of the similarities when I had made the character. I initially thought character up with white hair, but I think the black hair of Itigus contrasting directly with his white hair would be too cliche.

His name is in the style of many of the other names I give. In the sense that I take a latin word, and switch a few letters around. 'Mero' is a corruption of the word 'Meraculus' which means Pure, while Genus directly translates to familial blood, or class. At the same time 'Itigus' is 'Itigis' which roughly translates to several things, but mostly 'outcast'. While Kaedus is 'Caedis' which means slaughter/murder.

Either way, he's also going to serve as the exposition for the more darker tones, and even the less known things about the region. I see what you mean with Itigus, and Mero though, and I intend to make them rivals with one another. Itigus is a representative of starting from the bottom, and working one's way up. Meanwhile Mero is an example of starting at the top, and keeping themselves ahead of everyone below them. Both of them work incredibly hard, but both have different ideas on how to reach the summit to the same goal.

I actually hadn't thought of the similarities when I had made the character. I initially thought character up with white hair, but I think the black hair of Itigus contrasting directly with his white hair would be too cliche.

His name is in the style of many of the other names I give. In the sense that I take a latin word, and switch a few letters around. 'Mero' is a corruption of the word 'Meraculus' which means Pure, while Genus directly translates to familial blood, or class. At the same time 'Itigus' is 'Itigis' which roughly translates to several things, but mostly 'outcast'. While Kaedus is 'Caedis' which means slaughter/murder.

Either way, he's also going to serve as the exposition for the more darker tones, and even the less known things about the region. I see what you mean with Itigus, and Mero though, and I intend to make them rivals with one another. Itigus is a representative of starting from the bottom, and working one's way up. Meanwhile Mero is an example of starting at the top, and keeping themselves ahead of everyone below them. Both of them work incredibly hard, but both have different ideas on how to reach the summit to the same goal.

Ah, I see. Merlot (mer-low) is just named after the type of Bordeaux wine. The name fit her social standing, and I kind of based her appearance off of the it.

I'm going to say my plan for Riolu. He was a gift from an old man, and was claimed to be able to tame Terreance's wild side. What i'm planning on doing to make him evolve, is to have him not evolve for a while. but after a while Terrance, kind of changes, drops the whole independent, i dont need anyone, personality, (Just a bit) and have him give a nickname to Riolu. When Riolu receives a nickname, he evolves. Considering it was a way to show how Terrance eveolved as a trainer, into a less independent one, and showing how the Riolu did in fact tame his wild side. I'm just saying my plan for this. I'm also curious on what you guys think on this. And this whole evolution for Terrance is over time, very slow.

I'm going to say my plan for Riolu. He was a gift from an old man, and was claimed to be able to tame Terreance's wild side. What i'm planning on doing to make him evolve, is to have him not evolve for a while. but after a while Terrance, kind of changes, drops the whole independent, i dont need anyone, personality, (Just a bit) and have him give a nickname to Riolu. When Riolu receives a nickname, he evolves. Considering it was a way to show how Terrance eveolved as a trainer, into a less independent one, and showing how the Riolu did in fact tame his wild side. I'm just saying my plan for this. I'm also curious on what you guys think on this. And this whole evolution for Terrance is over time, very slow.

I was thinking you would do something along these lines. Although, independence isn't exactly a bad trait. I think it would be more that Terrance learns to trust others, and learns to work with them rather than become dependent on them. I think it's a great idea, and can really pay off when the Riolu receives that massive boost of power from evolution. You could even put moments where Terrance becomes envious of other trainers, and their Pokemon as they evolve before his. This could create drama, and conflict between him, and his Riolu. I can see Terrance being frustrated, and blaming his partner for not opening up to him enough, and sort of projecting onto the Pokemon. When Terrance finally learns that he's the one who needs to grow, and not the Riolu, I think that would be the moment when his Riolu finally evolves.

You don't have to do as I said, but that's how I would personally go about doing something like this. Add your own spin to it, or go a different route entirely. Either way, I think it's a plot point with a lot of potential for good character development.

Just posted a massive wall of text for the intro to Mero. Sit down, get comfy, and listen to some Jazz music, or rain, or fire, or all three. (Just some reading atmosphere) You'll need it, cuz it's a biggun, and it's got a lot of world building exposition. It also establishes that the current date of the RP is August 29th. I plan to have a few time skips during the RP, so don't worry too much if a Pokemon you want isn't in season. Most gyms will require heavy preparation, and will most likely cause characters to need a time skip in order to get to the interesting bits.

Here are the main things you'll find in the post that are important:

• The general magnitude of just how far ahead Mero is from a lot of other people.
  • The perks that come with having a Pokedex
  • Trainer Card Registration information
  • How a Fortis Region trainer card works
  • A description of the Gym Leader
  • A description of how the gyms work in Fortis
  • More elaboration upon the perks of earning a gym badge
  • Pokemon can be caught in the wild with their Egg moves, and hidden abilities (Just make sure it's properly explained.)
  • Levels don't really exist in this RP, but if we were to say the level at which the gym is at, it would be around 30-40. (And that's when the gym leader is limiting himself. XD)
  • Mero is a sadistic Douche Canoe
  • Itigus is not going to have a very good time in my next post.
Anyways, I'm going to bid you all a good night as I'm going to bed now after spending all that time writing the post. I'm beat, see you all in the morning.

Last edited:
After reading your post, Dreiki, I wanted to know what you used to price the Poke Mart. You said that the total cost of three pokeballs and two potions cost $2000. However, following the prices of the Poke Mart in Sun and Moon ($200 for pokeballs and $200 for potions), your total would only be $1000. If you were following the prices of the original Pokemon games ($200 for pokeballs, $300 for potions), , your total would be $1200. Are the prices in the Poke Mart simply double that of those in Pokemon Sun and Moon? Or do you have your own scale? I'm asking because I'm most likely gonna be hitting up the mart in my next post.

I believe he said prices are double in an earlier post.

I thought I read it was double somewhere too, but I forgot where and so I thought I was just making things up in my head. I went back and scanned the original post again. It was listed there. So, never mind my previous post, I guess.

I thought I read it was double somewhere too, but I forgot where and so I thought I was just making things up in my head. I went back and scanned the original post again. It was listed there. So, never mind my previous post, I guess.
Yeah, believe me, I looked up the current price of the items in the games for this occasion. Initially, Potions were going to be 600, but I figured it was best to just have them be 400 instead. It does confirm that prices are double that of other regions though.

Hey, just making sure... Is it ok if Lileep has the egg move Recover? It has Suction Cups as an ability, so it's not too OP, and it was noted that it was bred specifically in the lab to be able to challenge Fortis.

I dont know if i explained the egg move, blaze Kick. Just to be safe, he was a Riolu, who was bred, by the old man's grandson. Then he gave the old man the egg, and the grandson, died on his journey. The egg hatched and Was eventually given to Terrance. This will be mentioned later on to, a personal tie, Terrance has to this old man, in the RP.

Backstory:
Kala's parents, both still alive, well, and happily married, were and still are workaholics (Kala assumes he got his sense of determination and activity from them.) They were insanely productive and efficient in their fields of work, one being a Professor's aide hailing originally from Johto, the other being a chef for a restaurant in Hau'oli City. Their productivity and efficiency is the primary attributor to Kala's hyperactivity, though they both believe that Kala doesn't apply it properly. According to them, if he were to "focus more on being useful, then his hyperactivity would become more like our productivity, and things would be perfect." They never really had much time to hang out with Kala, and as a result, Kala never really grew very attached to them. At one point in his life, they insisted that he refer to them by name rather than by "mom" and "dad." Despite this absence in his life, Kala kept on smiling. He didn't want to let his parents' constant work-related absence bring him down, so he set a challenge for himself: How long can he stay optimistic despite being without his parents all the time? Originally, it was tough to maintain a smile whenever he was told by his parents "I'll be there tomorrow," or "I'll come look later," but as time went on, he found it much easier to keep on being happy rather than falling into sadness from being alone. His facade of happiness slowly took over his normal attitude, and his happiness became constant with little to no effort to keep it there. Kala remembers one moment where the two of his parents took time off of their work to be with him. It was when he was about seven, and his parents both got him a birthday present - granted, a few months late, but it's the thought that counts. They both got him a silver ring, one for each hand. At that moment, Kala thought they had changed, but they went right back to work the next day. Nevertheless, he treasures the rings as signs that despite never being close to them, his parents still loved him. Due to the emotional distance between him and his parents, who he still loves very much, Kala would try to befriend others instead. He was never great at befriending other people, considering the fact that his hyperactive nature tends to annoy people, but he had several Pokemon friends, including a Mudbray, a few Wingulls, and a Dewpider that he found as a baby. This Dewpider in particular, which he nicknames Shizu clicked with Kala the most. Both of them had parents that were never really around them, so they both spent a lot of time together. Kala would often sneak out of his house in Paniola Town and run down to Brooklet Hill just to spend hours with Shizu. They would play in the water together, day or night, rain or storm. Their parents never got mad at either of them, considering neither of their parents ever paid much attention to what they did. Eventually, when Kala set out to be a Pokemon Trainer, he chose her as his starter rather than a traditional one. Upon completion of his first trial, the captain Ilima received word of a region far tougher to beat than Alola or any of the other six. He let the news slip, and Kala and Shizu were hooked. They made it their ultimate goal to conquer the Fortis League, Kala secretly hoping that doing this would get his parents to notice him a bit more - or at all.

Pokemon(Only One):

Hopefully this is better! Sorry this took so long, again, real life sucks sometimes. If it's still not good, I can still fix it~! ^-^

Hey, just making sure... Is it ok if Lileep has the egg move Recover? It has Suction Cups as an ability, so it's not too OP, and it was noted that it was bred specifically in the lab to be able to challenge Fortis.
By all means, it's perfectly fine to have Pokemon with Egg moves, and hidden abilities. Trainers taking the Fortis challenge tend to bring their best after all.

I dont know if i explained the egg move, blaze Kick. Just to be safe, he was a Riolu, who was bred, by the old man's grandson. Then he gave the old man the egg, and the grandson, died on his journey. The egg hatched and Was eventually given to Terrance. This will be mentioned later on to, a personal tie, Terrance has to this old man, in the RP.

Egg moves, and good IVs are perfectly possible. The general genetics of Pokemon in Fortis is incredibly good considering so many trainers will bring their 5-6IV Pokemon with them. Blaze kick is a good move to have on Riolu.